Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

The Mistakes Students Make All In The Name Of Studying Abroad - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Mistakes Students Make All In The Name Of Studying Abroad (2346 Views)

Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University / 10 Costly Mistakes University Students Make In Their First Year / I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mistakes Students Make All In The Name Of Studying Abroad by mgeducational(f): 11:13pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hello everyone, I'm here to inform you about the various mistakes people make all in the name of studying abroad, I have experienced this before so trust me with this.

Do you know that not all schools advertised on the Internet are accredited?

Do you know that the accreditation of a particular course does not mean all other courses being offered are accredited?
This is how some of the schools convince students to study in their schools, firstly, they will show their registration number on the school's website and list about 50 courses.

If a school is allowed to offer accounting, they will begin to use the accreditation for accounting to study medicine, law, economics. etc. If a school is accredited for Mathematics, then the school should offer only mathematics and not use the accreditation to offer international relations, linguistics etc.

Don't be deceived by what you see on the Internet, anybody can have a website with nice designs, Some of the students get to know this in their finals but it will be too late because, they are not going to be given any certificate, most of them become stranded or end up on the streets due to frustration, after they have paid a huge sum of money.

The authorities of some of these schools admit students thinking before they graduate, their courses might have been accredited. They gamble with people's destinies and future. Don't wait until you become stranded or confused before you start seeking for help, get the right help now.

For counselling and how to go about studying abroad, or you want to ask questions, you can contact me with this number, 08157191179 or send a message to these e-mail addresses : mgeduconsult@gmail.com , consultmg2@gmail.com.

I wish you success in your academic pursuit.
Re: The Mistakes Students Make All In The Name Of Studying Abroad by geesunge(m): 9:44am On Jan 08, 2018
Is OK

1 Like

Re: The Mistakes Students Make All In The Name Of Studying Abroad by ElRapido: 11:33am On Jan 08, 2018
Your article is unnecessary long and the your skills in copy and paste is pale which makes the article monotonous and grotesque. I would recommend you make necessary adjustment to ensure you pass your information to the targeted audience. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: The Mistakes Students Make All In The Name Of Studying Abroad by generalbush(m): 1:16pm On Jan 08, 2018
Op's post is okay, but probably not arranged properly.

Study abroad lies you should not believe again

Please read and be informed.
Re: The Mistakes Students Make All In The Name Of Studying Abroad by daryoor(m): 7:47pm On Jan 08, 2018
well done keep up the hustle.

the fact is 90% of those seeking study visa are only looking for greeber pastures.

my advice for u is to switch your hustle to visa agency, na the hottest biz in town.

1 Like

Re: The Mistakes Students Make All In The Name Of Studying Abroad by mgeducational(f): 10:28pm On Jan 08, 2018
ElRapido:
Your article is unnecessary long and the your skills in copy and paste is pale which makes the article monotonous and grotesque. I would recommend you make necessary adjustment to ensure you pass your information to the targeted audience. Thanks

Thanks for your contribution. I did not copy and paste, it was due to network problem. I submitted more than 3 times without knowing it had already been posted.
Re: The Mistakes Students Make All In The Name Of Studying Abroad by mgeducational(f): 10:31pm On Jan 08, 2018
generalbush:
Op's post is okay, but probably not arranged properly.

Study abroad lies you should not believe again

Please read and be informed.

Thanks. I'm already working on that.
Re: The Mistakes Students Make All In The Name Of Studying Abroad by noblemann1(m): 10:31pm On Jan 08, 2018
The write up is somehow horrible
The essence of the write up is not for the perceived topic but simply you are looking for people to scam

Please let's stop ds
Re: The Mistakes Students Make All In The Name Of Studying Abroad by noblemann1(m): 10:32pm On Jan 08, 2018
The write up is somehow horrible
The essence of the write up is not for the perceived topic but simply you are looking for police to scam

Please let's stop ds
Re: The Mistakes Students Make All In The Name Of Studying Abroad by mgeducational(f): 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2018
GETTING IT RIGHT
The right question to ask when making an enquiry should be: Is the course I want to study accredited in this school?
and not; Is the school accredited?

There are some things you should consider when choosing schools abroad, they are:

* Years of existence of the institution : New schools usually have accreditation problem and the courses that usually get accredited first in new schools are computer science and management courses.

* The type of Institution
Private universities are not always allowed to offer medical courses and law. Federal universities are preferred above private schools in this case.

* Low Tuition fee
You should be careful, they use low tuition fees to lure students into applying. A standard school that has all the courses offered accredited will not have an unusually low tuition. If the school is standard, and the fees are not subsidized, then you should be very careful, something is fishy.

*Affiliation
Try to know the other schools that are affiliated to the school you want to choose.
Some new schools are sincere and transparent, they affiliate their schools with other schools that have accredited courses. In this case, you are safe. When you graduate, you would be given the certificate of the school with accredited courses because of the affiliation and not the certificate of the new school you enrolled to.

Making proper research before you enrol into a school is important. Getting the help of an Educational Consultant that is dealing with the particular country you want to go is always advisable.

GOOD LUCK!
Re: The Mistakes Students Make All In The Name Of Studying Abroad by mgeducational(f): 5:26am On Jan 16, 2018
CHOOSE WISELY

It is not always good to start a course and later drop out of school, Whenever you want to choose the school to study, you need to consider :

* Exchange rate - The exchange rate is not always fixed, it can increase or decrease at any time, what if at the time it increased you are not financially buoyant, what will you do?
That is why it is always advisable to go for cheaper schools. When dollar suddenly increased to 500 from 160 in year 2016, not only those who are studying abroad suffered then even those in Nigeria suffered because the prices of goods and services were inflated. Many students dropped out then, so you need to think about this.

* Inflation in Tuition : Five years back, tuition fee to study medicine in Ukraine was $3,000 dollars but now it is $4000- $ 6000. If you want to study abroad also think about what will happen in the next 4 years, if you want to study medicine, think about what will happen in the next 5 to 6 years.
The tuition may be increased when you get to your final year, what will you do then? it is better to choose a cheap school that is standard so that when this happen, the payment will still be within your limit that is ,what you can afford.

* The New Environment -I marvel many at times how people believe the lies being told to them, that they would be established immediately they get to the country.
Where you are going is a new environment, before you understand their systems , lay out and how they work, you would have spent up to 3 to 6 months. It is after this period that you would have met new friends and known people that can help you .
Even if you have a family there, it will still take you some time .
If you go to a country where they have another language apart from your own language e.g French and English, how will you cope? So you need time when you travel to a new place to be established.

Choose wisely, the decision is yours to make.

(1) (Reply)

List Of Universities That Accept Awaiting Result For JAMB Registration / Female Student Proposes To Her Boyfriend In Uncompleted Building (VIDEO) / Medicine/pharmacy In Unn/uniport Post-ume Success Secrets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.