Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,405 members, 7,800,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Timeline Of Marauding Herdsmen Attacks On Benue State From 2013-2018 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Timeline Of Marauding Herdsmen Attacks On Benue State From 2013-2018 (17223 Views)

Oshiomhole Arrives Edo In Grand Style, Promises To Reclaim State From PDP / Timeline Of Ganduje And Sanusi Feud / President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timeline Of Marauding Herdsmen Attacks On Benue State From 2013-2018 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 08, 2018
HungerBAD:
Politics aside.

This is very bad.

Does this mean there are no security/military personnel in Benue to protect lives and properties?

Before somebody will say it is Buhari's fault, since all fishes eat human flesh,but it is the Shark(Buhari) that takes the blame.

Go back and do the counting.

Under the PDP Government, Benue State was attacked an unbelievable 33 times.

Under the APC 13 times.

But even one attack anywhere in Nigeria, is an attack too many,and that is why Buratai have to move some troops to Benue to protect the people there from these marauding herdsmen.

I am first a Nigerian before anything,and that is why I pray President Buhari should look into the Menace of these Herdsmen.

Of course we would have to. Blame buhari!!

Or are u insinuating that we should blame u?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timeline Of Marauding Herdsmen Attacks On Benue State From 2013-2018 by toniok: 6:56pm On Jan 08, 2018
politics aside, Nigeria has witnessed so many killings especially in the north. I remember when igbos used to be slaughtered in Kano, kaduna etc, at the slightest provocation. In the eighties it used to be between the tivs of venue state and Jukuns of present taraba state. Many were killed in that conflict. Southern Kaduna conflict had been from time immemorial. During Babangida regime there was serious massacre of people in Kaduna that one Gen Lekwot of southern Kaduna was sentenced to death, alleged as the mastermind of the killings. God being kind to him ,Abacha pardoned him. Sometime in 2014 over 500 people were massacred in plateau state, even a serving senator was killed too. I lived in benue state for over ten years and I can tell you for free that what they call villages there are just inhabited by 10 - 20 families in the midst of vast grass land. It takes over 1 - 2hrs to go from these villages to the nearest police station. This makes it difficult for security personnel to respond to emergencies. some of these places that have telephone network to communicate easily. In my opinion I will say that the country is under policed especially in the north. Though their population density is far less that places in the south, but they are widely spaced and prone to attack. Let us collectively proffer solutions instead passing blames.
Re: Timeline Of Marauding Herdsmen Attacks On Benue State From 2013-2018 by Misterdhee1(m): 7:07pm On Jan 08, 2018
Xisnin:

Any statement made for or against a government is political. If you complain of armed robbers
terrorising your street or poor electricity supply, you are being political because it could be interpreted as saying that
the government is incompetent. If you don't want to be political, never complain of any injustice, just remain silent.
Sorry, I thought you were sensible...
Re: Timeline Of Marauding Herdsmen Attacks On Benue State From 2013-2018 by GoodGovernance: 7:15pm On Jan 08, 2018
Hmmm...

Facts are sacred.
Falsehood are sacrilegious.

A communal clash with long history,they label it state sponsored religious/ethnic cleansing

Buhari,God is your strength cry

1 Like

Re: Timeline Of Marauding Herdsmen Attacks On Benue State From 2013-2018 by Xisnin(m): 7:35pm On Jan 08, 2018
Misterdhee1:

Sorry, I thought I was sensible...

I thought so too, but on a second thought it became clear to me that a man who is
more concerned about his party's image than people's lives have nothing upstairs.
Re: Timeline Of Marauding Herdsmen Attacks On Benue State From 2013-2018 by madridguy(m): 8:07pm On Jan 08, 2018
So sadden.
Re: Timeline Of Marauding Herdsmen Attacks On Benue State From 2013-2018 by vislabraye(m): 8:33pm On Jan 08, 2018
IdeyFindWife:

It seems everything started going haywire after the Daura President said he would make the nation ungovernable for GEJ while bathing" dogs & baboons on blood"!

Na their work we dey see so!

As usual, they'll tell us the problem started during GEJ'S era.
Re: Timeline Of Marauding Herdsmen Attacks On Benue State From 2013-2018 by Freeman59: 9:48pm On Jan 08, 2018
HungerBAD:
Politics aside.

This is very bad.

Does this mean there are no security/military personnel in Benue to protect lives and properties?

Before somebody will say it is Buhari's fault, since all fishes eat human flesh,but it is the Shark(Buhari) that takes the blame.

Go back and do the counting.

Under the PDP Government, Benue State was attacked an unbelievable 33 times.

Under the APC 13 times.

But even one attack anywhere in Nigeria, is an attack too many,and that is why Buratai have to move some troops to Benue to protect the people there from these marauding herdsmen.

I am first a Nigerian before anything,and that is why I pray President Buhari should look into the Menace of these Herdsmen.

Politics aside, yet you still talked politics. This hunger de affect you bad bad
Re: Timeline Of Marauding Herdsmen Attacks On Benue State From 2013-2018 by baddosky1: 10:40pm On Jan 08, 2018
In life, there is something called Karma. During the 1966 pogrom that paved way to the civil war, a train that conveyed over 800 Igbo men, women and children coming from the North was ambushed in Benue. The occupants were marched down and murdered in cold blood. None escaped. The act was carried out by indigenes of Benue themselves.

Now it's their turn.

Whatever a man sows, he will definitely reap.
Re: Timeline Of Marauding Herdsmen Attacks On Benue State From 2013-2018 by baddosky1: 10:46pm On Jan 08, 2018
GoodGovernance:
Hmmm...

Facts are sacred.
Falsehood are sacrilegious.

A communal clash with long history,they label it state sponsored religious/ethnic cleansing

Buhari,God is your strength cry

C'mon take this trash out of here. Who does not know that one can walk into any business centre and produce something like this in under an hour? GEJ is grand patron and yet buhari can't do anything about the killings! Continue blaming GEJ who is enjoying his retirement for even your failed erection. Nonsense!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. / Court Of Appeal Upholds Akpabio's Election / Olumide Akpata Music (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.