Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,947 members, 7,806,741 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) (5303 Views)

If You Were A Coach & Met This Kind Of Squad, Would You Manage Them? (Photo) / Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee / Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by stancod(m): 9:13am On Jan 08, 2018
Gud day fellow nairalander. Pls any information on how to be a football coach or referee. I stay in ikorudu Lagos. Thanks all
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by BluntBoy(m): 10:06am On Jan 08, 2018
stancod:
Gud day fellow nairalander. Pls any information on how to be a football coach or referee. I stay in ikorudu Lagos. Thanks all

To be a coach, you need to apply to the National Institute For Sports. The school is in Surulere, Lagos. They offer Basic Programs for people who know absolutely nothing about coaching. The program will last you about 3 months, including an IT with a club.

After the Basic Program, you may then decide to further your study at the school by applying for their Diploma Program. The Diploma Program lasts for about a year. With the Diploma, you can coach small teams in and outside Nigeria. With just that Diploma, you can go far if you are successful with teams.

But, you can still decide to go for higher diploma and advanced certificate courses in the school.

The National Institute for Sports produces athletes and coaches. They were the ones that produced Chioma Ajunwa and Amodu Shaibu. It is a government establishment. If you have a lot of money, you can go to private institutes.

As for being a Nigerian referee, many will discourage you from that ambition because Nigerian referees are not respected outside Nigeria. They hardly officiate in CAF tournaments and have never officiated in FIFA tournaments before. They don't earn money in hard currencies and many of our referees only make money from bribery. You can read about how to become a Nigerian referee in the link I have provided below:

https://cheeronnigeria..co.ke/2014/12/become-football-referee-in-nigeria-easy.html?m=0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by stancod(m): 10:30am On Jan 08, 2018
BluntBoy:

To be a coach, you need to apply to the National Institute For Sports. The school is in Surulere, Lagos. They offer Basic Programs for people who know absolutely nothing about coaching. The program will last you about 3 months, including an IT with a club.

After the Basic Program, you may then decide to further your study at the school by applying for their Diploma Program. The Diploma Program lasts for about a year. With the Diploma, you can coach small teams in and outside Nigeria. With just that Diploma, you can go far if you are successful with teams.

But, you can still decide to go for higher diploma and advanced certificate courses in the school.

The National Institute for Sports produces athletes and coaches. They were the ones that produced Chioma Ajunwa and Amodu Shaibu. It is a government establishment. If you have a lot of money, you can go to private institutes.

As for being a Nigerian referee, many will discourage you from that ambition because Nigerian referees are not respected outside Nigeria. They hardly officiate in CAF tournaments and have never officiated in FIFA tournaments before. They don't earn money in hard currencies and many of our referees only make money from bribery. You can read about how to become a Nigerian referee in the link I have provided below:

https://cheeronnigeria..co.ke/2014/12/become-football-referee-in-nigeria-easy.html?m=0
Bros thanks GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by BluntBoy(m): 11:50am On Jan 08, 2018
stancod:
You are welcome, bro.
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by Ayomideafuwape14(m): 9:16pm On Oct 06, 2018
stancod:
Bro thank u oooo
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by Ayomideafuwape14(m): 9:20pm On Oct 06, 2018
BluntBoy:

Bro thank u ooo
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by BluntBoy(m): 10:16am On Oct 07, 2018
Ayomideafuwape14:
Bro thank u ooo
You are most welcome, bro.
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by hausadreturn(m): 1:49am On Jul 09, 2019
stancod:
Did you eventually check out the institute?
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by tck2000(m): 2:52pm On Jul 13, 2019
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by hausadreturn(m): 10:01pm On Jul 16, 2019
tck2000:
How far?
Anything you know?
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by tck2000(m): 10:05pm On Jul 16, 2019
hausadreturn:
How far? Anything you know?
No,i just booked a space to read it later.
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by hausadreturn(m): 10:43pm On Jul 16, 2019
tck2000:
No,i just booked a space to read it later.
Okay. Do you know anything about the National Institute for Sports in Lagos?
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by tck2000(m): 10:52pm On Jul 16, 2019
hausadreturn:
Okay. Do you know anything about the National Institute for Sports in Lagos?
Nope
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by stancod(m): 9:32am On Jul 22, 2019
hausadreturn:
Did you eventually check out the institute?
still searching... If u gat any info please update me
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by hausadreturn(m): 11:48am On Jul 22, 2019
stancod:
still searching... If u gat any info please update me
www.nis.gov.ng.
The form is out already o.
Rush.
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by stancod(m): 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2019
hausadreturn:
www.nis.gov.ng.
The form is out already o.
Rush.
thanks I just registered.the registration form is 10k.no much details on the site and I don't know when registration will close
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by hausadreturn(m): 9:33pm On Jul 22, 2019
stancod:
thanks I just registered.the registration form is 10k.no much details on the site and I don't know when registration will close
If you're in Lagos, take the receipt and 4 passports to National Stadium, Surulere, and they'll give you a form.
The form will require that you submit copies of nysc discharge certificate, waec cert, and degree cert.

I hope you know it's 267k for 2 years?
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by stancod(m): 6:21am On Jul 23, 2019
hausadreturn:
If you're in Lagos, take the receipt and 4 passports to National Stadium, Surulere, and they'll give you a form.
The form will require that you submit copies of nysc discharge certificate, waec cert, and degree cert.

I hope you know it's 267k for 2 years?
thanks bro, but the said amount is it for all category; me I applied for football coaching,advance certificate. Pls how can I get more info.thanks
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by hausadreturn(m): 1:41am On Jul 31, 2019
stancod:
thanks bro, but the said amount is it for all category; me I applied for football coaching,advance certificate. Pls how can I get more info.thanks
I'm so sorry bro. I didn't see this stuff on time.

How far have you gone?
www.nis.gov.ng is the site.
The 267k is for two years, and you can pay by installment.
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by gAXclusive(m): 6:58pm On Nov 20, 2019
hausadreturn:
I'm so sorry bro. I didn't see this stuff on time.

How far have you gone?
www.nis.gov.ng is the site.
The 267k is for two years, and you can pay by installment.
looking how to apply for a referee course or diploma then stumbled on this. pls you gat any info?
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by hausadreturn(m): 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2019
gAXclusive:

looking how to apply for a referee course or diploma then stumbled on this. pls you gat any info?
For referee, I seriously don't know. I'm guessing referees might have their own body or something.
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by Ihenzy(m): 8:22am On Nov 23, 2019
BluntBoy:

https://cheeronnigeria..co.ke/2014/12/become-football-referee-in-nigeria-eas FDy.html?m=0
What if you already had a B.sc degree and want to venture into coaching and the fee please
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by BluntBoy(m): 1:01pm On Nov 23, 2019
Ihenzy:

What if you already had a B.sc degree and want to venture into coaching and the fee please

Yes, bro. You can apply to the National Institute of Sports even if you already have a BSc. It is the only institute in Nigeria that has the authority to produce coaches in Nigeria whether it is for football, basketball, wrestling, boxing, etc. I am supposing that you want to be a football coach. You need to go to this institute or travel out to become a coach. It is the only institute recognized by CAF, FIFA, and other football governing bodies for producing coaches in Nigeria.

However, you must not be older than 40 (I don't know if they have extended the age limit up to 50-60) as at the time you apply.

I don't know about the fees. But the application form is 10,000 naira.

I will help you ask around, though.
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by talk2ancient(m): 9:31pm On Nov 23, 2019
Please do they have this National Institute of sports in Abuja or its equivalent in Abuja for those aspiring to be a coach or referee
BluntBoy:

Yes, bro. You can apply to the National Institute of Sports even if you already have a BSc. It is the only institute in Nigeria that has the authority to produce coaches in Nigeria whether it is for football, basketball, wrestling, boxing, etc. I am supposing that you want to be a football coach. You need to go to this institute or travel out to become a coach. It is the only institute recognized by CAF, FIFA, and other football governing bodies for producing coaches in Nigeria.

However, you must not be older than 40 (I don't know if they have extended the age limit up to 50-60) as at the time you apply.

Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by BluntBoy(m): 2:01am On Nov 24, 2019
talk2ancient:
Please do they have this National Institute of sports in Abuja or its equivalent in Abuja for those aspiring to be a coach or referee

Yes, the National Institute of Sports is also in Abuja. It is located at the complex of the National Stadium (now Moshood Abiola National Stadium), Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by Ihenzy(m): 6:12am On Nov 24, 2019
BluntBoy:

Tanx bro, na u be the real MVP
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by talk2ancient(m): 8:08am On Nov 25, 2019
I sincerely adore your treat for the mention.please do you have an idea about their entry requirement. Can one get a valid information about them at the said National stadium? Or is there a website that can guide one better ( in relation to their Abuja branch) once again thank you so much
BluntBoy:

Yes, the National Institute of Sports is also in Abuja. It is located at the complex of the National Stadium (now Moshood Abiola National Stadium), Abuja.

Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by BluntBoy(m): 12:30pm On Nov 25, 2019
talk2ancient:
I sincerely adore your treat for the mention.please do you have an idea about their entry requirement. Can one get a valid information about them at the said National stadium? Or is there a website that can guide one better ( in relation to their Abuja branch) once again thank you so much

Their website is https://www.nis.gov.ng

They sell forms at their campus at the stadium complex. So, I believe you can get info about them at the stadium (in Abuja).

There is a contact page on their website. You can send message through it.

I used to have some of their WhatsApp numbers/phone numbers back then. But I don't have them anymore.

You can use the contact page on their website in the meantime. I don't know how quickly they reply to inquiries, though.

I will try and see if I can get those numbers back and make sure they are still authentic so that you don't get scammed.
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by talk2ancient(m): 2:10pm On Nov 25, 2019
Thanks a million sir
BluntBoy:

Their website is https://www.nis.gov.ng

They sell forms at their campus at the stadium complex. So, I believe you can get info about them at the stadium (in Abuja).

There is a contact page on their website. You can send message through it.

I used to have some of their WhatsApp numbers/phone numbers back then. But I don't have them anymore.

You can use the contact page on their website in the meantime. I don't know how quickly they reply to inquiries, though.

I will try and see if I can get those numbers back and make sure they are still authentic so that you don't get scammed.
Re: Aspiring To Be A Coach Or Referee (football) by BluntBoy(m): 3:31pm On Nov 25, 2019
talk2ancient:
Thanks a million sir
You are most welcome, bro.

(1) (Reply)

Give Me Benefit Of Doubt ....10 Odds Everyday / Gary Speed(Wales Manager) Is Dead / Why Is It Great Britain At The Olympics But England At Other World Events?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.