Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man (24818 Views)

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? / Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? / Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 08, 2018
A ninety-one-year-old elder statesman, in Yakasai town of Kano State, Tanko Yakasai, has declared that men with two wives or more live longer than those with only one woman in their lives.

Yakasai, who have many wives and children, believes its even monopoly that reduces life expectancy.

Asked what he does differently in an interview with Punch, the 91-year-old statesman, who had lived his life as a journalist, said,

“Those who believe that polygamy reduces life expectancy are wrong! They are not speaking from experience .

“Many factors influence life expectancy . In some countries like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, etc, there is the problem of poverty and illiteracy.”

Yakasai, who served jail terms during the Abacha and Babangida regimes, added, “Because of that, people are not able to take care of their children well.

“I read an article on WhatsApp written by an expert . The article notes that those who practise polygamy live longer than those who practise monogamy . I agree.

Asked how he manages the rivalry among his numerous wives, he continued, “This is our culture.

“It depends on who they are . Sometimes, they manage to live together peacefully but sometimes , they quarrel among themselves . From my experience, what often leads to such a quarrel is the inability or refusal of the younger ones to submit to the leadership of the older ones.

“But in some cases, they live peacefully with one another, such that you would not believe that they are married to the same husband.”

http://fabinfos.com/men-many-wives-live-longer-just-one-91-year-old-man-claims/

1 Share

Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by taylor88(m): 12:25pm On Jan 08, 2018
Truth

When some women realise they're the only one in ur life they treat u like u hv epilepsy

But when they're many everyone tends to give in her best

ThankGod am marrying more than 18 wives if i die e no concern anybody

52 Likes

Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by delishpot: 12:30pm On Jan 08, 2018
Wey mama A go dey envy mama B's son who just graduated while her own still never pass Jamb? The wahala wey many wives home get people never know Sha. (Baba don't kill him o, just help my own son to become bigger and better than my co wife's children put together is all I ask,.. Baba don't kill her o, just make her zuzu in school etc)

Make una put camera for that house without their knowledge and watch the drama that unfolds. The secrete is to get women who value you more alive than dead. If one of those 100 wives consider you more valuable when dead, you will not survive wether you marry her alone or marry her as wife number 100

See how he just chalked the problem arising from his choice to ..... It is our culture! Selfish man because na him dey benefit now culture Don sweet am grin grin if say Culture says something else, Dem for Don use religion push am to background. grin

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by StarBukola(f): 12:34pm On Jan 08, 2018
grin
Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2018
Ok
Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by Preshy561(f): 12:43pm On Jan 08, 2018
that was then not now..

2 Likes

Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by olureignforever: 12:45pm On Jan 08, 2018
Kwantinue.

1 Like

Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 08, 2018
maybe if you marry only Hausas

if you try anything else, your grave go deep pas 12.5ft walahi!

igbo ladies: the money wey u go take marry dem sef.... maybe you'll finish paying after 20years

Yoruba: my yoruba ladies can wahala your life so tae na only u go wan kill yourself
today u hear say one driver dey fvck your wife
tomorrow she go collect money wan buy one aso ebi
next day na one.....

edo ladies: na dem go even sacrifice you take do winsh contribution.

me...... I can't trade been celibate for anything

Drabeey was HERE ( God pls give us pmb again)

25 Likes

Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by eddieguru(m): 1:45pm On Jan 08, 2018
I doubt this one undecided undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by Elparaiso(m): 1:59pm On Jan 08, 2018
Na so. People way get 2 dey get HBP at a young age, not to talk of how many.

1 Like

Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by ubunja(m): 2:02pm On Jan 08, 2018
thug love grandpa

3 Likes

Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by lonelydora: 2:19pm On Jan 08, 2018
Very true. Have you wondered why our forefathers live up to 100+? They had many wives unlike us with one wife. Konji wasn't a problem then the way it is now.

Upon all that, they still cheat. Step sisters and brothers everywhere. grin

8 Likes

Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by IMASTEX: 2:19pm On Jan 08, 2018
Is that so. Anyways, get our herbal tea for quality sexual performance. To avoid marrying many wives only for other men to be servicing them

1 Like

Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by Pidginwhisper: 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2018
The man case be like that of person wey electric shock almost kill, wey come tell another person make he try am.Trap! grin

7 Likes

Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by aguiyi2: 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2018
Na so we Africans go they marry any how and born any how,come de increase wahala for Oyibo people.

1 Like

Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by Blackfire(m): 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2018
Oga u don tell us the good part.... Now the bad and the ugly...

1 Like

Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by teewhydope(m): 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2018
grin
delishpot:
Wey mama A go dey envy mama B's son who just graduated while her own still never pass Jamb? The wahala wey many wives home get people never know Sha. (Baba don't kill him o, just help my own son to become bigger and better than him is all I ask, don't kill her, just make her zuzu in school etc)

Make una put camera for that house without their knowledge and watch the drama that unfolds. The secrete is to get women who value you more alive than dead. If one of those 100 wives consider you more valuable when dead, you will not survive wether you marry her alone or marry her as wife number 10.

See how he just chalked the problem arising from his choice to ..... It is our culture! Selfish man because na him dey benefit now culture Don sweet am grin grin if say Culture says something else, Dem for Don use religion push am to background. grin
Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by Celestyn8213: 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2018
What is dis one saying?
Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by Talk2Bella(f): 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2018
grin i talk am

1 Like

Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by newoffer: 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2018
That was in the Stone age Baba.
Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by datfreshdoc(m): 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2018
I know... My plan is to become a very rich polygamous alhaji grin

1 Like

Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by 1nigeriamyfoot: 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2018
Aboki with their long uncircumcised dick
Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by Histrings08(m): 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2018
Hnmm
Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by Marcoassensio: 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2018
i go marry 3 wives.
Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by caseclosed147(m): 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2018
buhari self

1 Like

Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by ogbeniolola: 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2018
No wonder FFK is looking ageless.
Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by felixawe(m): 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2018
He must be a rich man....e no easy
Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by oglalasioux(m): 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2018
Don't marry if you want to live long. Marriage is alien to our nature as animals. We are forcing the thing on ourselves and the hurts that go with it.

We can procreate without marriage for Pete's sake!

1 Like

Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by wwwtortoise(m): 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2018
That it his personal opinion.

Imagine a poor man with 2 or more wives...... high BP is not usually far away.

1 Like

Re: ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man by Edonojie007(m): 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2018
And Nain Scientific White Guys No Dey Marry Many.
Just Teachhing Primitive Knowledge.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Couple Celebrate 62nd Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Family Of Six Escapes Death In Otedola Bridge Tanker Explosion / My Husband Kidnapped, Raped And Forced Me Into Marrying Him – Woman Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.