Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? (13902 Views)

How To Download PSP And Play GTA 5 iOS PPSSPP for Android / Ucom Pad Not Working On Gta San Andreas / How Can I Configure Control Keys On PC Game Pad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? by Wilfem(m): 6:08pm On Jan 08, 2018
I have a successfully installed and working GTA V installed on my Windows 10 laptop. But my problem is that I don't like playing the game with mouse and keyboard. So, I I'd like someone to assist me on how to configure a Ucom pad to work for the game on my Windows 10 pc.
If I connect the pad to the laptop, the GTA V game will not open and it'll give errors. But when I removes it and open the game it'll open, but the ucom pad won't work.
The pad is actually detected by the pc but GTA v won't just detect it.

Please help me out. Thanks.
Re: How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? by EverGlorious(m): 9:02pm On Jan 08, 2018
Wilfem:
I have a successfully installed and working GTA V installed on my Windows 10 laptop. But my problem is that I don't like playing the game with mouse and keyboard. So, I I'd like someone to assist me on how to configure a Ucom pad to work for the game on my Windows 10 pc.
If I connect the pad to the laptop, the GTA V game will not open and it'll give errors. But when I removes it and open the game it'll open, but the ucom pad won't work.
The pad is actually detected by the pc but GTA v won't just detect it.

Please help me out. Thanks.
Delete any x360ce files you have on the folder where you have the launcher file and open as administrator.

GTA V actually provided an in-built pad configuration.
Just open the game, when you get to the gameplay, you can find the pad configuration through the settings in the menu
Re: How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? by Wilfem(m): 10:36pm On Jan 08, 2018
EverGlorious:

Delete any x360ce files you have on the folder where you have the launcher file and open as administrator.

GTA V actually provided an in-built pad configuration.
Just open the game, when you get to the gameplay, you can find the pad configuration through the settings in the menu
Thanks for your response. I've initially tried this severally, but it didn't work, as the pad I'm trying to use is this USB UCOM Gamepad.
More so, that calibration section of the game settings doesn't work, as nothing would respond when you get there.
I later played around the x360ce emulator by assigning the buttons one after the other, and it got working. Although, I had to 'disable vibration' because it was the actual cause of the crashing.
The only problem now is to configure and calibrate the left analog/axis combinations with which the character in the game would be moving or walking. I've been finding this difficult though.
Re: How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? by kulex2k1(m): 9:44pm On Jan 09, 2018
Just go online... thru the x360ce u should be able to downloaf a working configuration.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? by Wilfem(m): 12:09am On Jan 10, 2018
kulex2k1:
Just go online... thru the x360ce u should be able to downloaf a working configuration.
Still searching. But if you come across any, please do send me the link here. Thanks in advance.
Re: How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? by jaheymezz(m): 12:15pm On Jan 10, 2018
if only you have a ps3 pad I know how to help you with the configuration guide..... you don't even need configuration self it will work automatically but remember must be a ps3 pad

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? by andre5000(m): 6:06pm On Jan 10, 2018
Go to x360.ini on the GTA v root file..open it with notepad locate "Version=2" and change it to Version=1
Re: How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? by Wilfem(m): 11:13am On Jan 11, 2018
jaheymezz:
if only you have a ps3 pad I know how to help you with the configuration guide..... you don't even need configuration self it will work automatically but remember must be a ps3 pad

I don't have a PS3 Pad, but if you know its gonna work for the GTA V on my laptop, I wouldn't mind getting one today.
Thanks
Re: How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? by Wilfem(m): 11:17am On Jan 11, 2018
andre5000:
Go to x360.ini on the GTA v root file..open it with notepad locate "Version=2" and change it to Version=1

I already did all these, and it didn't work. I think the problem is with the UCOM gamepad, as Left doesn't seem to have UP & DOWN, it can only do left and right. And UP analog is actually what one need to move the GTA V character forward, aside the keyboard, which I just didn't want to use.
Re: How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? by Wilfem(m): 11:27am On Jan 11, 2018
jaheymezz:
I read about it too, to be used with one DS3 software or so, but I wanted to be sure it's actually gonna work before going ahead to buy one for myself.
Re: How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? by jaheymezz(m): 12:09am On Jan 12, 2018
Wilfem:

I read about it too, to be used with one DS3 software or so, but I wanted to be sure it's actually gonna work before going ahead to buy one for myself.

that's what am using for my PC right now immediately you get it let me know I'll teach you everything you need to download and how to get it to start working...... bless up
Re: How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? by Wilfem(m): 8:07pm On Jan 12, 2018
jaheymezz:

that's what am using for my PC right now immediately you get it let me know I'll teach you everything you need to download and how to get it to start working...... bless up
Gotten one for myself. Please do post all the steps to follow here. I'm waiting. Thanks.
Re: How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? by Wilfem(m): 9:57pm On Jan 13, 2018
jaheymezz:

Still waiting for you to do as promised.
Re: How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? by Wilfem(m): 10:23pm On Jan 13, 2018
Fianlly got it working for my Windows 10 laptop using the tutorial in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRFIqysSeD4&feature=youtu.be
At least, I can now enjoy the game for myself now. Thanks everyone for your wonderful input and contributions.
God bless you all!
Re: How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? by jaheymezz(m): 12:03am On Jan 15, 2018
Wilfem:

Still waiting for you to do as promised.
if you use whatsapp beep me on 2347064614697 I'll tell you all you need to know and if by chance you don't understand I'll use video call to teach you
Re: How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? by towncheerup(m): 1:53pm On Jan 20, 2018
Download x360ce.xe 64 bit version.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? by Blessing97(m): 10:50am On Jan 15, 2020
jaheymezz:
Re: How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? by ChloeKerr: 12:06pm On Sep 06, 2020
If your laptop is too weak to play GTA you must configure the settings to play comfortably, I also had a too weak PC to play but I configured the setting, so I could play it even if my computer was weak, you can find the configurations on the site https://gta5portable.com/. Here you will also find the latest information about GTA, how to solve any game bug, and even playmates if you are playing alone. I hope that you will find the necessary information there.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? by MollyClarkson: 9:20am On Sep 07, 2020
ChloeKerr:
If your laptop is too weak to play GTA you must configure the settings to play comfortably, I also had a too weak PC to play but I configured the setting, so I could play it even if my computer was weak, you can find the configurations on the site https://gta5portable.com/. Here you will also find the latest information about GTA, how to solve any game bug, and even playmates if you are playing alone. I hope that you will find the necessary information there.

Thanks man
Re: How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? by Qsand: 11:23pm On Sep 07, 2020
PC specs?
Re: How Do I Configure Ucom Pad To Play Gta V On Laptop? by lilachiever(m): 12:29pm On Sep 08, 2020
Please what are the specs of your laptop?
I want to install GTA V too, you can also mention where to get the file

(1) (Reply)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Playing Online Slots / Best Mission Game Ever!: / Brand New FC24 For Ps4 N Ps5 Now Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.