Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember (47758 Views)

Groom’s Father Turns Michael Jackson At Son's Wedding / Camp Gas, Suitcases Shared As Souvenirs At A Yoruba Wedding (Photos) / Tall Bride Weds Short Groom (Lovely Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by ademasta(m): 9:52pm On Jan 09, 2018
agarawu23:
i have collected "owo omo Ile" twice from different wedding as the eldest son but I am yet to pay any. grin
grin grin grin... E dey sweet you abi, no worry u go vomit am

1 Like

Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by biuty20: 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2018
: ) : ) smiley laugh won kill person ooo
Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by lanredavidju(m): 10:11pm On Jan 09, 2018
bad belle will always come....saying rubbish introduction and engagement wat is u people own..nice one op u killed it jare...they should go and do dia own too and differentiate it...awon saddist enemy of progress ...

2 Likes

Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by kenoz(m): 11:01pm On Jan 09, 2018
ademasta:
14. When you get a clue about what the Eru Iyawo (Engagement list) will look like...

Then the list go be:
Owo Ori(Dowry)– N100,000

Owo Ijoko Agba – N100,000,

Owo Ikanlekun – N100,000

Owo Aeroplane – N100,000,

Owo Omo Ile – N250,000
Etc

Lol

1 Like

Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by TellMeNothing: 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2018
ademasta:
13. When you sight that your uncle (that didn’t contribute anything to your education and upbringing) eating goat meat, drinking Goldberg and chopping life...

Then you be like: Onku, enuff is enuff! Haaaaa, wetin carry you come here self?

grin grin grin
This is just so real and true!!!
Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by ladej(m): 12:13am On Jan 10, 2018
Wait o

This list is incomplete

Where is the alaga ?
Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by laudate: 12:18am On Jan 10, 2018
ademasta:
Hehehehehe.... Yoruba introduction wouldn't even cost you up #30k if you want it simple, but you will be surprised when you see the engagement list which would be given to you on your intro day or after... Some will even include a cow in the list cheesy, some go say 2cow laps

Guy, I have lots of friends and relatives who married from Yoruba land. None of them spent anything close to 100k, on the contents of their engagement lists. wink Please, do not say what you do not know! Is it the 1 or 2 dozen tubers of yam, or basket of fruits, oranges, pineapples etc., that will cost 100k? Or the basket of kolanuts? Or the few cartons of soft drinks? Or the bible, that the wife will pick from the tray on that engagement or traditional wedding day? Even the box of clothes they always arrange among those gifts, often contains the girl's fairly worn but good clothes, which she would have helped the boy pack into the box, to make it look as if it is filled with expensive material. Don't let me give out the trade secrets here! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by mastermaestro(m): 12:34am On Jan 10, 2018
ademasta:

Fanaticism is killing! How sure are you the Op(I, myself) intended calling "Jesus"? Does Jeeeez mean Jesus? Could "Jeeez" not have meant Jezebel in the first place? And look at the picture very well it is as real as you, yourself. It wasn't nollywood, it happened for real and almost all the newspapers in Nigeria said about a pastor ordering the couple to place their hands on each other's private part for sanctification. The picture went viral...

So if you wanna be a fanatic, you are free to be. Who am I to stop you?

But next time, watch well before you cross some lanes.

Best regards.

Shut up! Why not use the first few letters of your biological father's name for such rubbish? I am not a docile Christian like many are. I am a defender of the Gospel! I won't see idiocy and turn a blind eye. Be warned!

Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by mastermaestro(m): 12:43am On Jan 10, 2018
Burmababe:

He used jeeeez which is not the same as Jesus
Can people actually have a little fun without looking for fault every time angry

What preposterous fun? What daft fun are you talking about? Why did he not use the first letters of his surname to sweeten his drab jokes? Or you could have lent him yours, kind girl. The Blood of JESUS is not an instrument for idiotic jokes and foolish fun. Look for something else that has no eternal or supernatural value. How can one bastard wake up and start using the very price that was paid for Christian salvation as joke? Isn't it stupid? Better don't quote me again with your lame defense!

Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by Nobody: 5:48am On Jan 10, 2018
But this is not even funny. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by Ayomideen(m): 7:41am On Jan 10, 2018
grin grin OP you too much

1 Like

Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by ademasta(m): 4:21pm On Jan 10, 2018
mastermaestro:

Shut up! Why not use the first few letters of your biological father's name for such rubbish? I am not a docile Christian like many are. I am a defender of the Gospel! I won't see idiocy and turn a blind eye. Be warned!
With this comment of yours you can slap your father...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by ademasta(m): 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ayomideen:
grin grin OP you too much
Thanks bro
Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by mastermaestro(m): 7:50pm On Jan 10, 2018
ademasta:

With this comment of yours you can slap your father...

Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 10, 2018
mastermaestro:

I know you probably aren't a Christian. That's why it sounds funny to use the Blood in such blasphemous manner. Everything isn't a joke! The Blood of JESUS should never be used in anything as stupid as this. Be warned so you don't destroy your career/destiny even before it starts.
Oga did u read wat Op wrote or is d blood of jeeez same as blood of Jesus?

1 Like

Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by mastermaestro(m): 8:25pm On Jan 10, 2018
Preetiex:

Be careful! Don't quote me again with brainless questions.

Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by avadella(f): 10:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
grin
project4OO:

A lot of people are learning already. Ignore the perceptions about my initial post and let's keep learning. You'd be surprised to know the number of single men with no iota of idea what it takes to do a decent Introduction.

I didn't know too until two weeks to my Intro. Let's keep learning, there's absolutely no crime in learning and laughing.

smiley smiley
Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by avadella(f): 10:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
grin
project4OO:

A lot of people are learning already. Ignore the perceptions about my initial post and let's keep learning. You'd be surprised to know the number of single men with no iota of idea what it takes to do a decent Introduction.

I didn't know too until two weeks to my Intro. Let's keep learning, there's absolutely no crime in learning and laughing.

smiley smiley
undecided
Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by ademasta(m): 5:56am On Jan 11, 2018
Preetiex:
Don't mind him, he is an attention seeker disguised under being a Christian.
Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 11, 2018
mastermaestro:

Be careful! Don't quote me again with brainless questions.
i saw ur comments on dis thread which shows clearly what u are in Christ,i know d type of christian u are.oversabi house boy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by ademasta(m): 10:10pm On Jan 13, 2018
Preetiex:
i saw ur comments on dis thread which shows clearly what u are in Christ,i know d type of christian u are.oversabi house boy
Bae, you just finished him! grin

Claiming what they ain't on social media

1 Like

Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by CivilianJTF(m): 10:13pm On Jan 13, 2018
ademasta:

She give am knockout cheesy
Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by CivilianJTF(m): 10:15pm On Jan 13, 2018
Preetiex:
That's who he is, house boy
Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by CivilianJTF(m): 10:16pm On Jan 13, 2018
Rainmania:
But this is not even funny. undecided
Brother, u be sadist? sad
Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by Nobody: 6:38am On Jan 14, 2018
Na far from that. Some people find certain comedians funny while others don't. But more grease to the OP's dry elbow...it will get better with time.
CivilianJTF:

Brother, u be sadist? sad

1 Like

Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 14, 2018
ademasta:

my dear see me o,he doesnt know d diff btw jeez & Jesus nawa o

1 Like

Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by ademasta(m): 1:39pm On Jan 14, 2018
Preetiex:
my dear see me o,he doesnt know d diff btw jeez & Jesus nawa o
grin grin grin grin
Re: Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember by ademasta(m): 1:39pm On Jan 14, 2018
Rainmania:
Na far from that. Some people find certain comedians funny while others don't. But more grease to the OP's dry elbow...it will get better with time.
Thanks bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Millionaires Spraying Money Like It's Going Out Of Fashion. / Food Seller Buried Inside A Giant Pot In Ghana (Photos) / Rejoice Esenwa And Ihuoma's Traditional & White Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.