Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,227 members, 7,807,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

I Strongly Wish To Be A Faithful Husband But... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Strongly Wish To Be A Faithful Husband But... (1245 Views)

Wife Heartbroken As Faithful Husband Turns Into Konk Womanizer After She Cheated / I Recently Got Married,i Love My Husband,but My Ex Is Better On Bed,am Confused / The type of woman that truly Deserves A Faithful husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Strongly Wish To Be A Faithful Husband But... by Olutola88(m): 9:26pm On Jan 08, 2018
I have always wished never to go close to Infidelity when I get married but I always doubt the reality of this dream.

The only reason that makes me doubt the accomplishment of this goal is because I'm a realist. I don't deceive myself and I like to mark out possibilities.

The kind of husbands we have these days even make matters worse. Almost all married men cheat; even some pastors and imams do.

Many single ladies now see it as a norm to date married men.

I gave up when I started seeing married men compete with single men for ladies.

It's so bad now that some wives tell their husbands to make sure they use protection when having it with other women. As in run.

Having one wife and staying faithful to her seems like something that'll be very sweet and fulfilling. How can one achieve this successfully?

I know I have to marry someone I love and respect but the truth is that many of these men that cheat also love and respect their wives.

I also know prayers help but I want to hear other ways apart from going the MFM way.

Thank you
Re: I Strongly Wish To Be A Faithful Husband But... by taylor88(m): 9:30pm On Jan 08, 2018
Toto dey hungry this one

If it's a trend which everyone seems to be into

How does that make a self determined prospective husband to go astray

Just go fvck come back sleep abeg
Re: I Strongly Wish To Be A Faithful Husband But... by Olutola88(m): 9:37pm On Jan 08, 2018
taylor88:
Toto dey hungry this one

If it's a trend which everyone seems to be into

How does that make a self determined prospective husband to go astray

Just go fvck come back sleep abeg
People like you can make mouth for Africa. When action time comes, there'll be problem
Re: I Strongly Wish To Be A Faithful Husband But... by taylor88(m): 9:40pm On Jan 08, 2018
Olutola88:
People like you can make mouth for Africa. When action time comes, there'll be problem

Making mouth how

Can't remember telling u am a saint

Bro am a fuckernizer

Not just an ordinary one but for trailer and unmoveable vessels
Re: I Strongly Wish To Be A Faithful Husband But... by RegalD(m): 9:57pm On Jan 08, 2018
[quote author=Olutola88 post=64016972]
How can one achieve this successfully?

I know I have to marry someone I love and respect.

let me tell you my future plan....I would marry a woman that i love, if i lust after a girl outside i would call her immediately and tell her; i bet her voice would remind me of the wonderful woman i have at home
Re: I Strongly Wish To Be A Faithful Husband But... by Nebes: 10:17pm On Jan 08, 2018
[quote author=RegalD post=64017931][/quote]

Don't ever make the mistake of telling your woman about your lust for another woman. You won't believe the amount of trouble you'll face. Let that thought die with you. Don't burden her with it.
Re: I Strongly Wish To Be A Faithful Husband But... by RegalD(m): 10:20pm On Jan 08, 2018
Nebes:

Don't ever make the mistake of telling your woman about your lust for another woman. You won't believe the amount of trouble you'll face. Let that thought die with you. Don't burden her with it.

she should understand...Though i will have to overcome lust before i marry
Re: I Strongly Wish To Be A Faithful Husband But... by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 08, 2018
Nebes:

Don't mind him. He is obviously inexperienced grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Strongly Wish To Be A Faithful Husband But... by Nebes: 10:46pm On Jan 08, 2018
RegalD:

she should understand...Though i will have to overcome lust before i marry

Simply pray that lust does not overcome you. Be aware that temptation lurks around on all corners. We Christians ask our father to deliver us from every evil.
Carry your cross and do not burden your weaker partner with a load that you find very difficult to bear.
Re: I Strongly Wish To Be A Faithful Husband But... by RegalD(m): 10:50pm On Jan 08, 2018
Nebes:

Simply pray that lust does not overcome you. Be aware that temptation lurks around on all corners. We Christians ask our father to deliver us from every evil.
Carry your cross and do not burden your weaker partner with a load that you find very difficult to bear.
i guess i will concede to you and take ur advice...
Re: I Strongly Wish To Be A Faithful Husband But... by Saintdaprince(m): 10:53pm On Jan 08, 2018
Olutola88:
I have always wished never to go close to Infidelity when I get married but I always doubt the reality of this dream.

The only reason that makes me doubt the accomplishment of this goal is because I'm a realist. I don't deceive myself and I like to mark out possibilities.

The kind of husbands we have these days even make matters worse. Almost all married men cheat; even some pastors and imams do.

It's so bad now that some wives tell their husbands to make sure they use protection when having it with other women. As in run.

Having one wife and staying faithful to her seems like something that'll be very sweet and fulfilling. How can one achieve this successfully?

I know I have to marry someone I love and respect but the truth is that many of these men that cheat also love and respect their wives.

I also know prayers help but I want to hear other ways apart from going the MFM way.

Thank you

Re: I Strongly Wish To Be A Faithful Husband But... by Gerrard59(m): 11:27pm On Jan 08, 2018
Olutola88:

Thank you

OP, I can understand how you feel. Most about to wed lasses I've spoken to about the subject have come to live with it. With them saying "as long as he doesn't bring her home (forgetting STD/Is), they are OK with it". Albeit, cheating supports the economy (I wager that 50% of hotels will shut down ditto 25% of restaurants and bars should the men who cheat stop). Truth is, like you said, most people cheat these days. Which is why I laugh at the so-called pious and overly sanctimonious nature of them.

However, you can avoid cheating on your would-be wife by being disciplined, not necessarily religious or spiritual (I don't believe prayers can stop someone from cheating. What stops someone from cheating is that person who decides to stop cheating). An effective way is by practicing "The do unto others as you want them to do unto you principle". That's, if you don't (and certainly will not) like your wife to cheat on you, then, don't cheat on her. Simple. What you don't want others to do to you, don't do it to them. Why I say this is because of the wanton hypocrisy I see - offline and online - where most men criticise women for cheating but don't apply same criticism on men who cheat. Forgetting that what's good for the goose is also good for the gander.

Additionally, I've within months thought about threes0me - periodically - as a panacea to cheating. Honestly, I see having sex with ONE person for a lifetime as being humdrum. Another is: Much emphasis should be placed on adultery just as it's placed on fornication in churches. I've never heard of any sermon against adultery. It's always fornication day in, day out! The day I was amused was when a pastoress urged young men to marry early to avoid fornication. Talk about stopping one and starting another! Or the bachelor party I attended where I later discovered that the groom had sex with another lady other than his wife! And this was a day to the wedding shocked

1 Like

Re: I Strongly Wish To Be A Faithful Husband But... by sainty2k3(m): 11:30pm On Jan 08, 2018
Nebes:

Advices like this make one feels less spiritual. Can we just drop this and work a practiceable way .
Personally i believe you should be open with your wife and go out with her often,let her know your ways and your friends. If your friends cheat you are proned to doing so toi

1 Like

Re: I Strongly Wish To Be A Faithful Husband But... by Olutola88(m): 6:37am On Jan 09, 2018
Gerrard59:

OP, I can understand how you feel. Most about to wed lasses I've spoken to about the subject have come to live with it. With them saying "as long as he doesn't bring her home (forgetting STD/Is), they are OK with it". Albeit, cheating supports the economy (I wager that 50% of hotels will shut down ditto 25% of restaurants and bars should the men who cheat stop). Truth is, like you said, most people cheat these days. Which is why I laugh at the so-called pious and overly sanctimonious nature of them.

However, you can avoid cheating on your would-be wife by being disciplined, not necessarily religious or spiritual (I don't believe prayers can stop someone from cheating. What stops someone from cheating is that person who decides to stop cheating). An effective way is by practicing "The do unto others as you want them to do unto you principle". That's, if you don't (and certainly will not) like your wife to cheat on you, then, don't cheat on her. Simple. What you don't want others to do to you, don't do it to them. Why I say this is because of the wanton hypocrisy I see - offline and online - where most men criticise women for cheating but don't apply same criticism on men who cheat. Forgetting that what's good for the goose is also good for the gander.

Additionally, I've within months thought about threes0me - periodically - as a panacea to cheating. Honestly, I see having sex with ONE person for a lifetime as being humdrum. Another is: Much emphasis should be placed on adultery just as it's placed on fornication in churches. I've never heard of any sermon against adultery. It's always fornication day in, day out! The day I was amused was when a pastoress urged young men to marry early to avoid fornication. Talk about stopping one and starting another! Or the bachelor party I attended where I later discovered that the groom had sex with another lady other than his wife! And this was a day to the wedding shocked
You are very aware of the trend. That self discipline thing is not easy bro; especially when it comes to very tempting habits grin
Re: I Strongly Wish To Be A Faithful Husband But... by Nebes: 7:26am On Jan 09, 2018
sainty2k3:

Advices like this make one feels less spiritual. Can we just drop this and work a practiceable way .
Personally i believe you should be open with your wife and go out with her often,let her know your ways and your friends. If your friends cheat you are proned to doing so toi

You are free to do whatever and go wherever you want with your wife. It will take discipline to look away from lust. All I'm saying is don't let her know about that girl you find sexy but you're struggling to avoid.
You might think you're doing the right thing but your girl's self confidence, trust in you and self worth will crumble under that information. She will feel less sexy around you and if she finds another man that's ready to make her feel good, sorry she's gone.
Would have said more but let me stop here. Mind you I've been there.

(1) (Reply)

Violated In Less Than 48 Hours To Their Wedding / Five Things A Man Can Offfer In A Relationship Apart From Money. / How Do I Report This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.