Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Awka Made - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Awka Made (760 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie At Geneva Resort, Awka (Pictures) / Chinua Achebe Literary Festival To Hold In Awka / Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege At Stanel World Awka. Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awka Made by Nobody: 5:46am On Jan 09, 2018
Disclaimer : All events in the story did not happen and are all mainly a figment of the writer's imagination...

Intro
Damn. .. I just killed somebody. Like an actual human being. The first thought that crossed my mind in the first thirty seconds of the act was the Bible passage that said "Thou shalt not kill". I wasn't a particularly religious person even though I attended service every sunday, I don't even know why it bothered me. I was slightly annoyed though, I killed the wrong target. The person I just gunned down might have even been an innocent, but truly, is there anything such as an innocent? Aren't we all guilty of some small sin in one way or the other? You might be thinking, who made me judge, jury and executioner. They did when they put a gun in my hand.
My Name is Isaac and this is the story of how a church boy became a tier one confra assassin ...

Re: Awka Made by Fuzoma(m): 3:44pm On Jan 11, 2018
Looks like this would be a good story. Please carry on. Mention me when you update
Re: Awka Made by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 12, 2018
Fuzoma:
Looks like this would be a good story. Please carry on. Mention me when you update
Would do...
Re: Awka Made by muhammed50(m): 6:59am On Jan 13, 2018
James419:
. Would do...
Me too
Re: Awka Made by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
muhammed50:
Me too
James419:
Would do...

Awka Made: Eposode #1
It was a Saturday morning when I got the E-mail from the school, 2:30am to be exact. I had been waiting three months for that single E-mail. The contents of that Mail would either be my salvation or destruction. It was from the university.

I left senior secondary school in 2012 and had already been at home for about two years. I was in the top ten of my class so after the SSCE exams and JAMB, everyone expected that I'd be in the University by the end of that year. More so since I didn't apply for a competitive course like Medicine or Engineering. It's should have been a walk-over, it wasn't. I mistakenly messed up during my university application and wrote the wrong subjects in JAMB. I know what you're thinking, how did someone as intelligent as me, mess up so badly. There are various answers that would satisfy that question. One, bad luck. Maybe I just had really rotten luck. Two, bad advice or lack of advice. I had an uncle who worked at the admission office and when I ran my choices through him, he didn't flag anything as off. Three, fate or destiny. This one is a bit tricky since I do not fully understand it myself. The gist of the matter is that I found myself waiting for an admission that never came. Frustrated I tried again the next year, this time I flipped a coin to decide what I'd choose. Fortunately or unfortunately I chose medicine. I applied and failed the screening. So I wasted two years at home. One year was a mistake, the second year was just sheer stupidity on my part. This was the third year and I made sure I did everything right. I applied for engineering, read my books, aced my exams, there was also the added bonus that the university I applied for was located in my community. Preference was often given to indigenes of host communities.

So you can imagine the amount of anxiety I faced when I got the E-mail. Was it another rejection or was it finally acceptance? I couldn't bear to spend another year at home seeing my school mates, most of whom I topped while in school gaining admission into the university. It was like a slap on the face. My hands were shaky, my brow was sweaty and my heart was beating so fast, I thought it'd jump out of my chest. I had done everything right this time, I thought to myself, so why was I afraid to open the mail. Keeping it there wouldn't change the outcome. I was just prolonging the inevitable. I got up and walked round the house, stretched a little, drank a glass of juice and watched a movie to distract myself. It was 4:45 am now and I had only about 15 minutes before my subscription to the night plan would expire. I was anxious as hell. I slowly shuffled to my PC and sat down in front of it. I held my mouse in my hand and said a quick prayer. 4:50am. Five minutes to go. What to do, choices, choices, choices. I thought about leaving the mail and checking it on Sunday morning, maybe, just maybe, God would be kinder to me on a Sunday morning than on Saturday. I know, the reasoning makes no sense to me now, looking back at it, in short it seems like absolute babash, but I was a desperate man and I was clinging to any semblance of hope I could find. I took a deep breath and double clicked on the E-mail.

Dear Mr. Isaac Tagbo, we are writing to inform you that your application to study Mechanical Engineering in this prestigious institution has been...
To be continued...

(1) (Reply)

The Bloody Sex / Youngzubi / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari Being Cloned, Decries Cases Of Stolen Identity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.