Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Can I Use A Metro TV Decoder With A CTL Pointer? - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Can I Use A Metro TV Decoder With A CTL Pointer? (3522 Views)

Please My Ctl Antenna Got Broken / Fairly Used CTL Decoder Needed In Warri / Ctl/trend Decoder With One Month Subscription For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Use A Metro TV Decoder With A CTL Pointer? by FrankFrenzy(m): 8:07am On Jan 09, 2018
Hello Team Nairaland
Please I need a proper clarification on the subject matter. Can I use my CTL decoder with a Metro antenna or a metro decoder with a CTL antenna (pointer). My CTL displays an error message indicating that my antenna signal strength is not strong and a neighbour advised that I try using it with his metro antenna to know if the issue is from my antenna, this I did and it wouldn't work with his metro decoder; again I connected his metro decoder box with my CTL antenna (pointer) yet it didn't work. He is suggesting I get a new antenna but please I need advise from my Tech and digital savvy friends in Nairaland so as to avoid making mistakes.
Re: Can I Use A Metro TV Decoder With A CTL Pointer? by mecussey(m): 11:58am On Jan 09, 2018
FrankFrenzy:
Hello Team Nairaland
Please I need a proper clarification on the subject matter. Can I use my CTL decoder with a Metro antenna or a metro decoder with a CTL antenna (pointer). My CTL displays an error message indicating that my antenna signal strength is not strong and a neighbour advised that I try using it with his metro antenna to know if the issue is from my antenna, this I did and it wouldn't work with his metro decoder; again I connected his metro decoder box with my CTL antenna (pointer) yet it didn't work. He is suggesting I get a new antenna but please I need advise from my Tech and digital savvy friends in Nairaland so as to avoid making mistakes.

Ctl box outputs 24v to the antenna while metro does not. Confirm if your decoder is ok by carefully sparking the RF wire. If the decoder reboots, then change your wire or antenna.
Re: Can I Use A Metro TV Decoder With A CTL Pointer? by FrankFrenzy(m): 12:50pm On Jan 09, 2018
mecussey:

Ctl box outputs 24v to the antenna while metro does not. Confirm if your decoder is ok by carefully sparking the RF wire. If the decoder reboots, then change your wire or antenna.

OK. By RF wire you mean?
Please explain better, don't seem to understand
Re: Can I Use A Metro TV Decoder With A CTL Pointer? by SlyCharlie(m): 9:52pm On Jan 09, 2018
FrankFrenzy:

OK. By RF wire you mean? Please explain better, don't seem to understand
. RF wire is that black wire that runs from the antenna to the decoder.
Re: Can I Use A Metro TV Decoder With A CTL Pointer? by FrankFrenzy(m): 9:31pm On Jan 10, 2018
SlyCharlie:

RF wire is that black wire that runs from the antenna to the decoder.

OK. Thanks bro
Can a bad antenna or pointer get clear TV signal? This one had clear signals and was showing perfectly yesterday morning before everything went off, even when I'm in a location where the signal strength is ok
Re: Can I Use A Metro TV Decoder With A CTL Pointer? by SlyCharlie(m): 9:52pm On Jan 10, 2018
FrankFrenzy:

OK. Thanks bro
Can a bad antenna or pointer get clear TV signal? This one had clear signals and was showing perfectly yesterday morning before everything went off, even when I'm in a location where the signal strength is ok
Change the Antenna.
If its CTL u using, get a new Pointer antenna(Panorama).
U could try checkin the Cable too for breaches and bridges.
Re: Can I Use A Metro TV Decoder With A CTL Pointer? by FrankFrenzy(m): 10:25pm On Jan 10, 2018
SlyCharlie:

Change the Antenna.
If its CTL u using, get a new Pointer antenna(Panorama).
U could try checkin the Cable too for breaches and bridges.

Alright. Thanks man
Will do just that

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Power Vu Updated / Panasonic 32" Full HD Tv For Sale / Fairly Used CTL Decoder Needed In Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.