Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. (29873 Views)

Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? / Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career / Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by rastaLivity: 12:42pm On Jan 09, 2018
Hello folks, it's almost 2years I joined LinkedIn and I still can't see what the platform brings to the table. maybe two random Invite and consistent reminders to go premium is all I have to show for it, which kind wahAla be this? who I offend wey I no fit remember sef. please is there something I'm not doing right, please help me, over to the house.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by mountlarry: 12:54pm On Jan 09, 2018
rastaLivity:
hello folks, it's almost 2years I joined LinkedIn and I still can't see what the platform brings to the table. maybe two random Invite and consistent reminders to go premium is all I have to show for it, which kind wahAla be this? who I offend wey I no fit remember sef. please is there something I'm not doing right, please help me, over to the house.
what is your area of interest? Seek for people in that area. What do you know? Share it. People with similar interest or in need of it will engage you.

17 Likes

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by rastaLivity: 1:05pm On Jan 09, 2018
mountlarry:
what is your area of interest? Seek for people in that area. What do you know? Share it. People with similar interest or in need of it will engage you.
I'm electrical/electronic Engineer(but major on electrical) I do share most of my project but still....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by guiddoti: 1:40pm On Jan 09, 2018
Has Facebook etc added value to your career, too? You will need understand how LinkedIn is wired, not just because you needed job, and you think LinkedIn is the platform. Create your network on LinkedIn; add value to your network, you might be lucky CEO of a company will be interested in your feed.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by rastaLivity: 1:43pm On Jan 09, 2018
guiddoti:
Has Facebook etc add value to your career, too? You will need understand how LinkedIn is wired, not just because you needed job, and you think LinkedIn is the platform. Create your network on LinkedIn; add value to your network, you might be lucky CEO of a company will be interest in your feed.
why not be concise on how to go about it?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Talk2Bella(f): 1:47pm On Jan 09, 2018
smiley brother, u lie grin LinkedIn helped me with a job interview

16 Likes

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by guiddoti: 1:53pm On Jan 09, 2018
rastaLivity:
I have stated what you should do.
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by nenergy(m): 2:14pm On Jan 09, 2018
You need to learn how to use it. I've gotten 2 interviews and job offers which I turn down due to poor renumeration. I've also had the chance to interact with industry leaders professionally.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by BiafranBushBoy: 3:28pm On Jan 09, 2018
Smiles...
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by rastaLivity: 4:26pm On Jan 09, 2018
Talk2Bella:
ok sis, lemme p!mp my profile, d fault might b from my end

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by rastaLivity: 4:28pm On Jan 09, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
Smiles...
no smiling on my thread

5 Likes

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by BiafranBushBoy: 4:50pm On Jan 09, 2018
rastaLivity:
no smiling on my thread

It is all about optimization. I got my present job via LinkedIn, and the pay is massive.

How did I do it? I wrote it down on the link below. You can check it out!

See how to get a Job using social media

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 09, 2018
You don't know what you are doing then. Linkedin is not only for getting jobs. It's to keep up with updates in your industry, how to maximise your career and professional cause by engaging with individuals, it helps you build skills through publications. It adds a lot of value to your professional and personal fonts. I have learnt a lot through engaging professionals, reading articles, reading about people's experience and all. When people tel you their experience, it becomes you experience!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/49mzsgzx396ter0/mastering-linkedin.pdf?dl=0

12 Likes

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by donigspain(m): 5:15pm On Jan 09, 2018
rastaLivity:
hello folks, it's almost 2years I joined LinkedIn and I still can't see what the platform brings to the table. maybe two random Invite and consistent reminders to go premium is all I have to show for it, which kind wahAla be this? who I offend wey I no fit remember sef. please is there something I'm not doing right, please help me, over to the house.
You're not using LinkedIn well. I have just 600+ connections but I've gone for over 10 "head-hunt" interviews, over 8 "applied" interviews.

My current job came from LinkedIn. I was contacted by a HR looking for someone in my profession.

Do you know how to network, brand yourself and infuse relevant keywords in your profile?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by rastaLivity: 5:20pm On Jan 09, 2018
donigspain:
You're not using LinkedIn well. I have just 600+ connections but I've gone for over 10 "head-hunt" interviews, over 8 "applied" interviews.

My current job came from LinkedIn. I was contacted (head-hunted) by a HR looking for someone in my profession.

Do you know how to network, brand yourself and infuse relevant keywords in your profile? Study!
bro can I pm you, I don't mind sending you my LinkedIn username n password to arrange my profile for me_y r we on nairaland if not to help each other, pls?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by davide470(m): 6:23pm On Jan 09, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

It is all about optimization. I got my present job via LinkedIn, and the pay is massive.

@Bolded..

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by BiafranBushBoy: 6:36pm On Jan 09, 2018
davide470:

@Bolded..

Lol... Exergeration Sir. Hehehe

But it is higher when compared to my accrued years of experience.

That's the reason I used that adjective to qualify the pay.

No vex Sir. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 09, 2018
rastaLivity:
bro can I pm you, I don't mind sending you my [b]LinkedIn username n password [/b]to arrange my profile for me_y r we on nairaland if not to help each other, pls?
its obvious where you are failing.learn to do things yourself. there is no fast way. giving someone your details so he can edit for you is not help. how will you defend that profile if perhaps you are invited for an interview. A whole lot of work still needs to be done on you!

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by mayowascholar(m): 8:54pm On Jan 09, 2018
I think na only me.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Rscotty55: 8:56pm On Jan 09, 2018
Me sef..I no just understand how e dey go for there... dos wey get job tru that platform, help us how una do una profile to dey that attractive

2 Likes

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by ibietela2(m): 8:56pm On Jan 09, 2018
Talk2Bella:

You and this your YouTube url

1 Like

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by pol23: 8:57pm On Jan 09, 2018
LinkedIn adding to your career?
I don't get that.
Do you mean you're yet to get a Job through the platform?
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by babadee1(m): 8:58pm On Jan 09, 2018
rastaLivity:
Hello folks, it's almost 2years I joined LinkedIn and I still can't see what the platform brings to the table. maybe two random Invite and consistent reminders to go premium is all I have to show for it, which kind wahAla be this? who I offend wey I no fit remember sef. please is there something I'm not doing right, please help me, over to the house.

You have to be very bold and proactive if you want to use LinkedIn properly. The site is not supposed to do anything for you. It's how you use it that will determine what you get from it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Rscotty55: 8:58pm On Jan 09, 2018
majekdom2:
its obvious where you are failing.learn to do things yourself. there is no fast way. giving someone your details so he can edit for you is not help. how will you defend that profile if perhaps you are invited for an interview. A whole lot of work still needs to be done on you!

Baba help me
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by free2ryhme: 8:59pm On Jan 09, 2018
rastaLivity:

You cant be taught everything undecided

and besides this is the aspect of life no lecturer can lecture you on

3 Likes

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Barryton: 8:59pm On Jan 09, 2018
Linkedin got nothing to offer the poor
Only the rich can connect themselves there

5 Likes

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 09, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

Yeah, you got a blogging job on LinkedIn? Lol

11 Likes

Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Protocall: 8:59pm On Jan 09, 2018
I have over 2500 connections now
Re: Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 09, 2018
Protocall:
I have over 2500 connections now
How shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ways To Make Money As An Unemployed Graduate In Nigeria / Emirate Cabin Female Crew Needed / Fitc Interview: Mainstreet Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.