Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China - Education (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (352370 Views)

Meet Alimi Ibrahim Adedeji, UNILAG Overall Best Graduating Student For 2018/2019 / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by guiddoti: 2:39pm On Jun 17, 2018
faceURfront:

I thought you applied. Obviously you didn't. Applicants were requested to select 3 schools and courses while applying. That was all.
That's for UK
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 17, 2018
guiddoti:
That's for UK

This thread is for FGC
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by guiddoti: 2:42pm On Jun 17, 2018
faceURfront:

This thread is for FGC
OK, sir.
Goodluck to you.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by efomzy: 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2018
Why are UK guys confusing FGC candidates.
Both fgc and UK, you Dont look for admission, Ptdf will process admission for you.

Wait for the List and don't use IFP list to confuse yourself. PTDF knows wat they are doing

3 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by efomzy: 3:09pm On Jun 17, 2018
guiddoti:
That's for UK

No Sir. Both fgc and uk
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by efomzy: 3:15pm On Jun 17, 2018
faceURfront:

What is stated? They clearly stated you are not required to look for admission yourself.

Exactly ....for both FGC and UK ptdg will look for admission for you
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by udores: 3:31pm On Jun 17, 2018
yinkeys:

Some persons including PTDF website misled us

PTDF didn't mislead anyone.

While you thought that just being contacted was all that was needed to be a successful PTDF scholar, you didn't put into consideration many important factors and variables that'd actually get you on the final list. Some of these factors, you nor PTDF have no control of.

Firstly, those contacted aren't the only persons in the world that are considered for admission into the selected courses in these universities. These unis are well sought after by scholars the world over. The best the unis can do is that of reaching an "inclusive" agreement with PTDF. But the number of "qualified" scholars they eventually select isn't controlled by PTDF but by the school's admission process.

Secondly, these universities have quota for each department which they strictly abide by, unlike what you see in Nigerian unis where they just keep piling an unmanageable number of students into universities with no infrastructure. So students to staff ratio will be maintained. For instance the availability of research supervisors for a given area of research may affect qualified PhD scholars.

Lastly, the timeline of getting things done in Nigeria is so slow and undependable compared to that of developed countries. By the time other scholars will be done with the admission process, language courses and settling in to their courses proper, PTDF scholars may still be at the stage of processing visa. The only thing that is free and easy in this country is when your uncle that is a manager in that company offers you that job grin But if you want to get what you are deserving of you must sweat. I just hope things improve in this country.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Uwemy: 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2018
Nobody asked for admissions from any University captured in both for FGC and UK calls. I was lucky to have attended both interviews and during one of the interviews, I mistakenly had my admission letter from Manchester University amongst my original documents and those guys were not interested in that even after seeing it. The only thing I remember they did was that they retained a copy of my proposal after the UK interview and they did recognize that I attended the FGC interview earlier. The expectant week has just begun so please lets not confuse others with conflicting information.....

2 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by efomzy: 3:56pm On Jun 17, 2018
IFP is not the only school Ptdf recommended so why are we leaning on IFP alone. After all how many people were contacted for IFP.
.. France had the least number of contacted candidates after all.
Germany was 90 and China 47...France was about 8 or so..... Why are we using the least fraction to conclude for the majority
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by maxi505: 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2018
I am really on this same page with you. Even in the UK many schools doesn't accept applications from agent or any third party you have to get it right. This is evident in most top schools like UCL, Southampton etc
udores:

While you thought that just being contacted was all that was needed to be a successful PTDF scholar, you didn't put into consideration many important factors and variables that'd actually get you on the final list. Some of these factors, you nor PTDF have no control of.

Firstly, those contacted aren't the only persons in the world that are considered for admission into the selected courses in these universities. These unis are well sought after by scholars the world over. The best the unis can do is that of reaching an "inclusive" agreement with PTDF. But the number of "qualified" scholars they eventually select isn't controlled by PTDF but by the school's admission process.

Secondly, these universities have quota for each department which they strictly abide by, unlike what you see in Nigerian unis where they just keep piling an unmanageable number of students into universities with no infrastructure. So students to staff ratio will be maintained. For instance the availability of research supervisors for a given area of research may affect qualified PhD scholars.

Lastly, the timeline of getting things done in Nigeria is so slow and undependable compared to that of developed countries. By the time other scholars will be done with the admission process, language courses and settling in to their courses proper, PTDF scholars may still be at the stage of processing visa. The only thing that is free and easy in this country is when your uncle that is a manager in that company offers you that job grin But if you want to get what you are deserving of you must sweat. I just hope things improve in this country.

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by efomzy: 4:09pm On Jun 17, 2018
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by flyjustice(m): 7:41pm On Jun 17, 2018
In the recent PTDF UK application, they listed Energy Oil and gas Economics as one of the Eligible courses. But it's not on their Website as an approved course. Anybody with similar experience

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 17, 2018
flyjustice:
In the recent PTDF UK application, they listed Energy Oil and gas Economics as one of the Eligible courses. But it's not on their Website as an approved course. Anybody with similar experience

https://www.nairaland.com/4423098/apply-2018-2019-ptdf-phd
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Pjmalala: 8:15pm On Jun 17, 2018
Copy and paste were it was stated from ptdf website
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by flyjustice(m): 8:27pm On Jun 17, 2018
faceURfront:

https://www.nairaland.com/4423098/apply-2018-2019-ptdf-phd

Yes bro i chose it. What I'm trying to say is that is not on the school website as an eligible courses. Check the picture i pasted above please
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 17, 2018
flyjustice:

Yes bro i chose it. What I'm trying to say is that is not on the school website as an eligible courses. Check the picture i pasted above please

I am redirecting you to the thread where you can find the information you seek. this thread is for those who applied for the FGC.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by flyjustice(m): 9:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
faceURfront:

I am redirecting you to the thread where you can find the information you seek. this thread is for those who applied for the FGC.
Ok thanks I'm on that thread already
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by flyjustice(m): 9:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
faceURfront:

This thread is more robust
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by insperyadyou: 11:50pm On Jun 17, 2018
Uwemy:
Nobody asked for admissions from any University captured in both for FGC and UK calls. I was lucky to have attended both interviews and during one of the interviews, I mistakenly had my admission letter from Manchester University amongst my original documents and those guys were not interested in that even after seeing it. The only thing I remember they did was that they retained a copy of my proposal after the UK interview and they did recognize that I attended the FGC interview earlier. The expectant week has just begun so please lets not confuse others with conflicting information.....
"and they did recognize that you attended the FGC interview earlier". How?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 18, 2018
keep calm.one day to know our fate....
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Sozaboy: 2:26am On Jun 18, 2018
No. PTDF didnt mislead anyone.

If you qualify for the scholarship, PTDF simply sends your details to the schools you chose. The schools now judge you based on their own admission criteria. If you qualify, fine.You get admitted. If you dont qualify, you dont get admitted.

No serious University will grant anybody admission just because of PTDF na. Haba!

This is one of the reasons I didnt choose top tier schools like University College London or Imperial College (competition for admission is very high)

However, I dont know whats gonna happen to those who got qualified but couldnt secure admission.

Laslas, I prefer the former pattern of getting your admission yourself. PTDF should have simply given us a list of schools to apply to

yinkeys:

Some persons including PTDF website misled us
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Sozaboy: 2:50am On Jun 18, 2018
This is exactly my point. Laslas, PTDF didnt promise anyone admission. They are not in control of the Universities admission board. This is one of the reasons I was skeptical about applying to Top Tier schools. With my 2.2 undergraduate degree, schools like IFP, UCL, Imperial and even Tu Munich will not even look at my application twice before deleting; plus other factors the schools consider like work experience and the rest.
udores:

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Sozaboy: 2:51am On Jun 18, 2018
Finally, this is the week we have been waiting for. God please ehn, let this week not pass us by.

Amen

5 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DMainMan: 3:51am On Jun 18, 2018
Sozaboy:
No. PTDF didnt mislead anyone.

If you qualify for the scholarship, PTDF simply sends your details to the schools you chose. The schools now judge you based on their own admission criteria. If you qualify, fine.You get admitted. If you dont qualify, you dont get admitted.

No serious University will grant anybody admission just because of PTDF na. Haba!

This is one of the reasons I didnt choose top tier schools like University College London or Imperial College (competition for admission is very high)

However, I dont know whats gonna happen to those who got qualified but couldnt secure admission.

Laslas, I prefer the former pattern of getting your admission yourself. PTDF should have simply given us a list of schools to apply to

Nice
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DMainMan: 3:53am On Jun 18, 2018
Sozaboy:
This is exactly my point. Laslas, PTDF didnt promise anyone admission. They are not in control of the Universities admission board. This is one of the reasons I was skeptical about applying to Top Tier schools. With my 2.2 undergraduate degree, schools like IFP, UCL, Imperial and even Tu Munich will not even look at my application twice before deleting; plus other factors the schools consider like work experience and the rest.
Kul. I actually advised 2.2 graduates to apply to Salford, Portsmouth in UK and concentrate on China in FGC

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by efomzy: 5:58am On Jun 18, 2018
insperyadyou:

Its possible They recognize you attended fgc interview bcoz same panelist were used. Just like my case in Ibadan. The Prof told me wat I even wore to the fgc interview, told me my course and class of degree when I went for the UK interview. Those guys has photographic memory
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by efomzy: 6:03am On Jun 18, 2018
DMainMan:

Kul. I actually advised 2.2 graduates to apply to Salford, Portsmouth in UK and concentrate on China in FGC

So you mean China is for the Lowly qualified..
..Do you av proof to back it. Do you know how tough even the CSC scholiatship is?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by yakbauer: 6:05am On Jun 18, 2018
Sozaboy:

You're a realist.

Shey d week don enter so, every every will b revealed in Sha Allah

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by yakbauer: 6:07am On Jun 18, 2018
DMainMan:

Haba oga, you've forsaken your members oh
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 18, 2018
If I had my way, ptdf will coman explain what they mean by strategic partnership cos me is not understanding o
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by efomzy: 7:06am On Jun 18, 2018
Forget all this una speculations and the whole Wahala DAT IFP has caused.... PTDF knows what they are doing. There is always a way out for every problem.

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Uwemy: 7:40am On Jun 18, 2018
insperyadyou:

The panel was the same set of people....

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (105) (Reply)

[Updated] UNIZIK 2017/2018 Admission List / Federal University Of Agriculture,Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2015/2016 Admission. / 2016/2017 Lasu Admission Process Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.