Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,888 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China - Education (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (352292 Views)

Meet Alimi Ibrahim Adedeji, UNILAG Overall Best Graduating Student For 2018/2019 / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by ExxA: 12:34pm On Jun 20, 2018
scarplanet:

Well in all, God will only always glory his name. We need to understand in life that we are saved and blessed ONLY by grace, and NEVER by our own self righteousness or vain efforts. If God hadn't willed it, we wouldn't have seen it manifest!

Personally I still don't want to believe that this blessing happened by luck or chance or our qualifications... That way we would be conscious of always returning the glory to whom it's due.

Exxa, you have been quite helpful in this thread, very helpful. God has indeed just started greater things for u. Kindly always ignore negative comments or perceptions of you, they don't matter at all in you becoming who you want to be. Just be sure that you are not weary in doing good; it pays.

I wish I applied for the UK scheme though; I would have preferred UK for personal reasons, but I'm grateful God gave me France instead.

Indeed All Glory is to God Almighty..thank you very much for your encouraging words and prayers. May God bless us all.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by efomzy: 12:35pm On Jun 20, 2018
AW much does ptdf pay her fgc scholars. China uses RMB not dollars... How will dey pay China guys and wats the range
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by efomzy: 12:37pm On Jun 20, 2018
For the FGC scholarship, those DAT got Msc in the tuition freevschools, will the government sponsor dem through till PhD?

Exxa and Dmainman
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Baselm: 2:21pm On Jun 20, 2018
congratulations to the deserving awardees. please, what are the requirements for securing the LSS scholarship, is it required to already have an admission into a Nigerian institution or PTDF secures the admission too
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by tyakson99: 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2018
efomzy:
AW much does ptdf pay her fgc scholars. China uses RMB not dollars... How will dey pay China guys and wats the range
no one can tell for now cause it seems this will be the first time Ptdf will be sending guys to China. but am sure what ever they give should be very OK. they take into account the cost of living index of where you will go in deciding your stipend. a friend of mine who went to US told me his stipend is about 1300 dollars equivalent to about 1000 pounds. so you can see it not so far off from the stipends of those in UK.

if you do a rough check on China u will discover you need close to that amount to live comfortably there, I.e, about 8000 RMB which is about 1000 pounds.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by boay(m): 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2018
Congratulations to you all. My name is not on the list. I wish you God's best in your endeavors.

An applicant: Mac-Anthony Ezennia Nnorom appear on both UK and FGC list.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by tyakson99: 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2018
congratulations to all shortlisted scholars. those going to China am sure apart from doing the country proud academically, some of you will also explore business opportunities � � �.

remember Google Translator will be handy during your early stay.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Miztea(f): 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2018
Jesus never ceases to amaze me.
Given the statistics of how the selection is done in ptdf is enough to discourage anyone from applying. If you even want to console yourself that your grades are good and all, you will come across other applicants who have those grades and loads of other accolades and are applying for the 3rd or 4th time in a row without success.
Nevertheless, I applied with faith for Msc UK only few days to the deadline. I even removed my mind, classifying it as one of my greener-pasture-seeking adventures.
Glory to God I MADE IT!! First attempt! with no connections to anyone!
#irepDeltaState.

PS: I haven't received any mail to that effect sha o...ptdf don't joke with my emotions oo grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by boay(m): 2:51pm On Jun 20, 2018
ExxA:

I doff my cap for you! I was amazed when you said you are a female and graduated from UCL.

To all successful applicants, I wish you God's best oversea. To we that were not selected, let us move on. God still have the best for us. Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by flyjustice(m): 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2018
ExxA:

I tell you, it was hurtful especially since everything I said was coming from a place of love. My biggest joy is that God has vindicated me.
Some people even discredited my qualifications because I was honest enough to say I had no publications, others made me subject of mockery insinuating that free school in China is better than mine but what they didn't know is that I graduated from UCL.

But I was deeply convinced in my heart that there was hope for me so I waited patiently and I PRAYED.

Even about list been released yesterday, they still called me out and mocked me in the process.

Here are some facts for those wondering what might have happened:

People that applied to both schemes had better chances but since the FGC list was compiled first, those who made it were automatically disqualified for the UK scheme. They now have to consider those that didn't make it for the UK scheme hence the delay in the release of the list.

Some people were contacted because the schools needed them to do one or two things.

About induction, things have changed since my time. As soon as I have confirmed info I will let you guys know, PTDF will also contact you with detailed information before time.
People asking why it is 5days; you will be doing a lot of things in those 5 days dont worry
(from lectures on what is expected of you and what you should expect in the country youll be going to, to signing of bonds if any, to getting your award letter), just endeavour to come with all your documents including your international passport.

I follow all the trend and i saw how most of them doubted your MSc and quality of Awards. Unfortunately those guys have low qualifications as compared to u. Anyway, will wait for their mail. Thank
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by JimloveTM(m): 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2018
ExxA:

I didn't get a mail and I made the list.

What school ExxA? I made the list for Lyon but haven't gotten mail from Lyon.

How can one confirm if the school has indeed given admission? Pls respond
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by JimloveTM(m): 3:08pm On Jun 20, 2018
scarplanet:

Same here. So how do you think is the best way to proceed?

I sent an email to u about this but you never responded, you are here asking questions
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by boay(m): 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2018
boay:
Congratulations to you all. My name is not on the list. I wish you God's best in your endeavors.

An applicant: Mac-Anthony Ezennia Nnorom appear on both UK and FGC list.

No one is talking about this?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by efomzy: 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2018
tyakson99:
congratulations to all shortlisted scholars. those going to China am sure apart from doing the country proud academically, some of you will also explore business opportunities � � �.

remember Google Translator will be handy during your early stay.

Which business ...I tot its illegal to work as a student in China
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by scarplanet(m): 3:40pm On Jun 20, 2018
tyakson99:

no one can tell for now cause it seems this will be the first time Ptdf will be sending guys to China. but am sure what ever they give should be very OK. they take into account the cost of living index of where you will go in deciding your stipend. a friend of mine who went to US told me his stipend is about 1300 dollars equivalent to about 1000 pounds. so you can see it not so far off from the stipends of those in UK.

if you do a rough check on China u will discover you need close to that amount to live comfortably there, I.e, about 8000 RMB which is about 1000 pounds.

The current monthly stipend stands at £1500; do well to convert it to the currency of your host country. Luckily, it might be increased this year.

For those going to France, consider yourself most lucky from the information I gathered. Believe me, the packages you'll get from the French government alone is fantabulously amazing! grin

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by scarplanet(m): 3:41pm On Jun 20, 2018
boay:

No one is talking about this?

That could be a human error u know... I'm sure PTDF would take care of it in the long run
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by scarplanet(m): 3:45pm On Jun 20, 2018
JimloveTM:

I sent an email to u about this but you never responded, you are here asking questions

If I didn't respond, it means I didn't see ur message or I intentionally overlooked it.

Besides there is no harm asking your questions on this platform just like everyone has been doing; there's no point sending an Email for a question I most likely wouldn't have answers to. At least asking here would give you a broader range of answers and opinions.

Nevertheless, congrats bro. We'll meet in Abuja by God's grace
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2018
PTDF failed in checking double names. This name 'Nuhu Mujaheed Muhammad's under Plateau State MSc was selected in both fgc and uk. What a waste of slot.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DMainMan: 3:59pm On Jun 20, 2018
ExxA:

I didn't get a mail and I made the list.
Nice. I really like the way u were optimistic.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DMainMan: 4:01pm On Jun 20, 2018
efomzy:
For the FGC scholarship, those DAT got Msc in the tuition freevschools, will the government sponsor dem through till PhD?

Exxa and Dmainman
y are u bothered with all this na. PTDF will handle any payment. Just bring your credentials, international passport and d rest. All info will b passed during induction.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DMainMan: 4:04pm On Jun 20, 2018
efomzy:
Exxa and Dmainman ....una no answer my question oooo. Plz how will the induction program be please... Accommodation, feeding and also why is it lasting for five days.....will they give us Laptop?? Please answer biko...ejó

.Yankuri
well. during my msc, ptdf handled accommodation and feeding. But last year, they only provided feeding.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by JimloveTM(m): 4:42pm On Jun 20, 2018
scarplanet:

If I didn't respond, it means I didn't see ur message or I intentionally overlooked it.

Besides there is no harm asking your questions on this platform just like everyone has been doing; there's no point sending an Email for a question I most likely wouldn't have answers to. At least asking here would give you a broader range of answers and opinions.

Nevertheless, congrats bro. We'll meet in Abuja by God's grace

Has Lyon emailed you? A beneficiary of Ptdf msc for Grenoble yesterday told me he has obtained his admission letter. What's the way forward with Lyon? Make person no go reach there dem com say list never reach them
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by ugonwa2003: 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2018
tyakson99:

well even if you did, as long as u made the fgc list, your name won't appear on the UK list. same thing applies to me. let just hope Ptdf will be flexible like last year and 2 years back. maybe we could change

Doesn't follow shaa. Carefully check the Anambra State column of the Msc list in both schemes and you will see a name that appeared in both. Guess he was just lucky shaa.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by scarplanet(m): 5:51pm On Jun 20, 2018
JimloveTM:

Has Lyon emailed you? A beneficiary of Ptdf msc for Grenoble yesterday told me he has obtained his admission letter. What's the way forward with Lyon? Make person no go reach there dem com say list never reach them

Lolzz.. fret not. The worst case scenario is that you'll be moved to another country e.g USA or Canada..
The fact that your name appears on the list makes you part of PTDF family henceforth...

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by shawlar(m): 6:55pm On Jun 20, 2018
efomzy:

Exxa and Dmainman

You might have to finish your msc first then come back and apply for PhD.

Seems that is what exxa did....
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by shawlar(m): 7:04pm On Jun 20, 2018
ExxA:

Go for your job...differ your award till next year and apply for study leave after one year.

The only problem I see with that is not knowing whether you'll be granted study leave just after a year of working.

Weigh your options carefully and pray for guidance...Congrats.

@bravo121 This is the best advise..., most esp if your new job is a Federal Govt job (like NPA grin).. They would be more likely to grant ur study leave since you are being sponsored by another Fed govt agency. Congratulations on both fronts
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by alfarouq(m): 9:26pm On Jun 20, 2018
ExxA:

Thank you!!!!!! Finally, someone saying exactly what I was trying to pass across but instead they said I was bragging. I had very similar experience during my interview which is why I believe people that haven't been contacted shouldn't despair.

If everything goes well, THE LIST WILL BE OUT ON TUESDAY!!!!

In the meantime, see below the correct template for PhD applicants. This was used for the UK interview and I can't say if the same was used for FGC..

We can all score ourselves while we wait lol and hopefully find out where we might have bn weak.

Best of luck y'all!!!

Thamks
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by alfarouq(m): 9:33pm On Jun 20, 2018
Abeg. German scholars, how did you handle that daad stuff.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by ExxA: 5:36am On Jun 21, 2018
DMainMan:

Nice. I really like the way u were optimistic.

Thanks. smiley smiley smiley grin grin grin
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by meetanwo(m): 8:54am On Jun 21, 2018
Anyone with info on PTDF LSS should feed us please
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by efomzy: 10:10am On Jun 21, 2018
This thread done quiet
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by maxi505: 10:22am On Jun 21, 2018
efomzy:
This thread done quiet
They left it for the winners... cheesy wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (105) (Reply)

[Updated] UNIZIK 2017/2018 Admission List / Federal University Of Agriculture,Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2015/2016 Admission. / 2016/2017 Lasu Admission Process Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.