Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia (31441 Views)

Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari / Buhari Cancels Shells Operating Licence For OML 11 / Buhari Cancels $195 Million Security Contract Promoted By Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by truthstands12: 4:25pm On Jan 09, 2018
Is this the first time Fulani herdsmen are slaughtering people in Benue state? Election and campaign things my brother. Why having meeting with Benue governor in 2018 after about 59 people have lost their lives? He doesn't and will never have their interest at heart. He loves cow more than human lives. That's the truth. Take it or leave it.
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by Godsonkemz(m): 4:32pm On Jan 09, 2018
Like we care. If he likes, let him cancel it entirely because Abians are still grieving over the innocent lives he wasted last year. May amadioha strike him blind and anyone who comments shit about this post.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by Duru009(m): 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2018
He knows he will be stone !!
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by Johnnyessence(m): 5:01pm On Jan 09, 2018
INTERVIEW: Benue Attacks: Gov. Ortom rejects creation of cattle 'colonies'

"But like I keep saying, for us, the way forward is ranching and up til this time, I am talking to you, the way forward is ranching because is global best practice." -- Ortom

Villa, Abuja, on Tuesday to meet President Muhammadu Buhari as tension continued to rise in his state over the New Year Day attacks by suspected Fulani herdsmen.

The attack left scores of villagers dead in two local government areas of the state.

Mr. Ortom spoke with State House correspondents after the meeting. Excerpts from the interview.

On his mission to the State House

I had earlier briefed Mr. President when this incident took place on the first of January. After staying back on the ground to do the needful to ensure that we restore normalcy, I said it was important for me to come personally and brief him and that has been done.

Already, because of the communications we have been having when these incidents started, actions have been taken as directed by him (President Buhari). The movement of the DIG, the movement of the IG now to relocate to Benue State to ensure that this challenge is surmounted, was at the instance of Mr. President. Of course additional personnel of DSS and Police have been deployed and even the Army. We have additional personnel on ground now. We have adequately and fully given them the logistics support to ensure that our people are protected.

I had to brief him, he is also doing further investigation to know the next line of action. I believe that my request that the leadership of Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, who has earlier threatened… and I accused them directly, since June last year I have been writing to the leadership of security agencies, that these people are a threat to our collective interest and they must be dealt with. They must be arrested and prosecuted because we cannot allow impunity to continue to thrive. And, of course, threat and no action has resulted in this killing and I think that Mr. President will also do the needful to ensure something is done.

On allegations that he hired mercenaries from Republic of Ghana to fight herdsmen

I am not aware of this and I don’t even know about that one, I am hearing it for the first time. If someone has done that, it must be this Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, that have done it.

On the allegations that he was blocked from seeing the President

I have never accused anyone of blocking me from seeing Mr. President. I’m seeing Mr. President. I told him when this incident occurred, I spoke to Mr. President on phone and followed it up. I know what it entails being a president. Even as governor most times I am not with my phone, people cannot access me the way it used to be, talk less of a president. I didn’t say that and I have not said it. The truth is that I have access to Mr. President anytime I want, I speak to him on phone and I see him personally. I requested to speak to him on phone that day because I couldn’t come to Abuja and he gave me the opportunity and today I’m here and I have seen him.

On suggestion that full blown military operations be set up in Benue like other places

Anything that can stop the killings of my people, I will go for it, I support it. Any policy or any directive, anything that will help stop the killing of these innocent people who are not armed, because this cannot continue. We know that the continuity of this will create greater challenges. I don’t want it to continue. We are struggling with economic issues, we are struggling with political issues and we are struggling with several other issues in this country, security issues and all that, Benue State should not be part of this; there is no need for it.

On allegation that the anti-open grazing law in the state is at the roots of the crisis

The law on prohibition of Open Grazing and Establishment of Ranching was made out of the necessity to ensure that we have peace for herdsmen and farmers and that is what we have done. The law seeks to protect all and as I talk to you, except this Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore who are instigating people to fight and to kill us, there are Fulani men in Benue State as I talk to you doing their business.

On allegation by the Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, MACBAN Chairman, Benue State chapter, Garos Gololo, that the killings were in retaliation for the theft of 1,000 cows by some people in the state

You know that man is a liar. Gololo is a liar, he is a wanted man in Benue State, we don’t even know where he is. He stays somewhere and makes allegations. The other time, he said 1,000 cattle drowned and the herdsman decided to commit suicide by jumping into the river. He has not come out to justify what he said.

On FG’s idea of setting up colonies to solve the problem

I am waiting to be briefed about what colonies means, I don’t understand it and until I understand it…But like I keep saying, for us, the way forward is ranching and up til this time, I am talking to you, the way forward is ranching because is global best practice. And it is not just practised in other parts of the world, on African soil in Swaziland, South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania, Mozambique, almost all African countries that rear cattle, they ranch. So why can’t we do the same thing here? For the colony thing I don’t know what colony is.

On how many ranches his administration has created

It is not for me to create ranches. I know that as a farmer, I have one in my farm. And there are several other people who have. The permits are available for people who want to ranch their cattle to access land and begin to ranch. So it is free for everybody and that is the right way to go.
And since we started the implementation (of the anti-open grazing law), there has been relative peace amongst farmers and herdsmen. They were doing well until this militia coming from this Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore came and attacked us. And they are known, we know where they are. As I talk to you, they are in Tongua in Awe local government, that is where these people are camped and coming to attack people.

And it is taking a different dimension. Just yesterday (Monday) in Logo local government, mobile policemen that were deployed to Logo to keep vigil to protect the people and the land, these militia came, exchanged fire with them, caught two of them and slaughtered them like goats. Mobile policemen! They shot another one, macheted him and left him in the pool of his blood, but luckily, he did not die. We have taken him to the hospital, we are treating him. The other one that was declared missing was found today (Tuesday).

So when it gets to the level of militia killing security men who are armed and are trained to protect lives and property, is it not taking a dangerous dimension? Who is now safe?

Premium times.
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by Edge1(m): 5:04pm On Jan 09, 2018
evansjeff:
God bless you my president, can't wait for Febuhari 2019 to come.

Buhari till 2023.

Go head wall if you're so pained

D!sgust!ng Camel

Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by Ekotech1980: 5:05pm On Jan 09, 2018
I had a dream - and I hope it remains in the realms of dream - that the outcome of the meeting of the president with the governor was that the governor was ordered to allocate an acceptable reasonable expanse of land to the herders as a condition for pacifying the sacrosanct herder-killers. I also saw the governor issuing public statement that included an appreciation to the president for his effort at restoring peace in the state. The dream also featured the taking to court of the suspected terrorist-herdsmen alleged to have been arrested, but that was just the end of the case - nothing again heard! I hope none of this happens!
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by BruncleZuma: 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2018
Sirheny007:

I no gree oo.
You must say something.
mkpuru amu agbakpurugo BUHARI na afo!

grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2018
Martin0:

I jus dey fine ooo!grin u jus con dey freshup every daygrin nor be small tin oogrin

U still share the secret to ya beauty jor,abi iffa fine pass u na crime?grin

Hahahaha no secret o.
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by Martin0(m): 5:28pm On Jan 09, 2018
JamaicanLove:

Hahahaha no secret o.

Na wa for u oo! My con carry u then!grin

Mek I con still shop some goodies,like carry me go okada villagrin come oo na oka u dey school or what,e get any school for that side?
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by hardywaltz(m): 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2018
Nasa28:

Security is the state of being free from danger or threat.

Holding meeting after an attack has happened already doesn't make you a responsible president, Rather preventing it from happening is what makes you a great leader.
Even America with all her sophistication cannot stop in born spontaneous attacks on her citizens.
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by nkemjacob2(m): 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2018
Hahahahah
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 09, 2018
Mynd44:
CC @sabama007

I said he wont attend due to the attacks.

His handlers are silly but not that silly

Very good calculated assumption.

I give it to you dearly.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by TheKingdom: 5:43pm On Jan 09, 2018
HungerBAD:
Good.

This is what a sensible Commander in chief does. You do not put party, or political importance before something as sensitive as loss of lives in Benue.

He did the right thing.

Who remember when a great tragedy befell this Country,and Instead of Goodluck Jonathan to address it,he instead went to a PDP campaign in Kano.

God bless you Buhari.

A sensible commander in chief would resign after bringing so much misery to every part of the “country” as well a countless military operations up and down as if Police and local officials are not important.

Some fools continue to act and reason like the Niggers Lord Lugard knew they would end up as...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by Mynd44: 5:53pm On Jan 09, 2018
sabama007:

Very good calculated assumption.

I give it to you dearly.
Reply your DM
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 09, 2018
Mynd44:

Reply your DM

Ok
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by Harrynight(m): 6:19pm On Jan 09, 2018
But i said na.... i said Baba no go go Abia state forget it...
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by Ovaiegbe(m): 6:38pm On Jan 09, 2018
This President is sleeping in Aso Rock and simply sent for his bootlicker (Gov Ortom) for bedroom talk.
We demand real action and a first hand view by the President.
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by garriboy(m): 6:59pm On Jan 09, 2018
HungerBAD:
Good.

This is what a sensible Commander in chief does. You do not put party, or political importance before something as sensitive as loss of lives in Benue.

He did the right thing.

Who remember when a great tragedy befell this Country,and Instead of Goodluck Jonathan to address it,he instead went to a PDP campaign in Kano.

God bless you Buhari.

Nigerians, always complacent. How about he actually visits those communities and meet with the people directly. And have that damn meeting in Benue state.
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by matrixx(m): 7:03pm On Jan 09, 2018
HungerBAD:
Good.

He did the right thing.

God bless you Buhari.
idiot
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 09, 2018
Martin0:

Na wa for u oo! My con carry u then!grin

Mek I con still shop some goodies,like carry me go okada villagrin come oo na oka u dey school or what,e get any school for that side?

Igbinedion uni is at OKADA
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by Martin0(m): 7:13pm On Jan 09, 2018
JamaicanLove:

Igbinedion uni is at OKADA

Owk! Na wa that place far oo! I never go that place!
Well maybe na coz I nor to dey stay benin,
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by jaxxy(m): 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2018
Why are fulani herdsman killing people and can't dey be called to order For the sake of innocent lives or are they now terrorist
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by Johnnyessence(m): 7:15pm On Jan 09, 2018
Yoruba will resist 'Grazing Colonies', says ONAC

Ibadan, January 9, 2018

No inch of Yoruba territory must be ceded for ‘Cattle Colony’ by the State or Federal Governments, the Oodua Nationalist Coalition, (ONAC) warned on Tuesday in a statement issued at Ibadan.

The group accused President Mohammadu Buhari of promoting ethnic supremacy through his indifference to Fulani genocide and savage manslaughter.

“It is the first time in Nigerian history that the Federal Government will boldly and without shame support armed insurgents and murderers. This is the worst scene in recent human history that no one can ever forget in a hurry.” ONAC berated the Governor of Ondo State, Mr Rotimi Akeredolu for his support for the Fulani herdsmen. ONAC quoted Akeredolu as saying that he would not ban grazing at a time that 200 Ondo farmers have been sacked and some of them killed by Fulani herdsmen. This is the same state that Fulani herdsmen kidnapped a Yoruba former Presidential aspirant, Chief Olu Falae. This is the same state that Fulani rape and kidnapp innocent Ondo people without end. The Ondo Governor is dancing to the tune of Fulani dealers who funded his dubious election with billions of naira at the cost of the dignity and heritage of Yoruba people.

“It is clear from Akeredolu’s statement that after selling his own conscience, he does not care about selling the entire future of the people of Ondo state for pittance. But this era will pass and treacherous leaders will soon account for their ignominy.”

The Pan Yoruba group said any attempt to cede any Yoruba territory in the traditional Yoruba homes of Ogun, Lagos, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Akoko Edo, Itsekiri, Kwara and Kogi States is an invitation to anarchy. ONAC said any governor that harbours “Cattle Colonies” in Yoruba territory is inviting mayhem and bloodletting.

We caution that land in Yorubaland is not a free enterprise. Land is owned by families and traditional communities. It is not conceivable that these lands will be hijacked by the Federal Government to benefit a few armed groups parading themselves as pastoral Fulani. The question we should ask is this: Can the Fulani land in Sokoto and Zamfara be taken over by the Federal Government and handed over to Yoruba cocoa farmers?

“We warn South West States never to allow grazing routes or Cattle colonies in any Yoruba territory. This will amount to using the Nigerian state machinery to commit atrocious crime against the indigenous Yoruba people. It is a conscious attempt to impose Fulani tyranny and conquest by other means on the Yoruba people”, ONAC said in a statement signed by its Deputy Chairman, Mr Olalekan Akinduro. ONAC is a coalition of several Pan Yoruba groups.

The group said rearing of cattle is a private business and that it is curious about the over protectionist posture of the Federal Government when Nigeria is a capitalist state that encourages individual initiatives provided such does not undermine the freedom and survival of others. ONAC said the acrimonious nature of Fulani herdsmen make them a dangerous specie to any society. " They destroy biodiversity, burn down trees, forests, natural stream and estuaries apart from encouraging migration of fellow Fulanis in large numbers from other countries other than Nigeria. The colonies will create permanent settlements for them on tje long run. This will affect the demography of Nigeria, the cultural homogeneity of Yoruba homestead and impact on electoral politics of Yoruba territories. The danger is that having turned these territories to colonies, they will, on the long term become political communions and occupied terrirories legitimized under the Nigerian legal system. It is a clear plot to increase Fulani population in Nigerian indigenous homeland for long term political conquest. The violence is orchestrated to cow and intimidate Nigerians into cowardly submission.

ONAC said the Fulani herdsmen and the associated menace is not just a problem of trade, but also “a phenomenon of Islamic extremism, cultural imperialism and expansionist plot” clothed in the images of commerce.

“We are not deceived. We have seen this over and over since the 1804 Jihad. The plot of the Fulani is to conquer by force the indigenous territories. What has happened is that the advent of democracy has jeopardized the primitive agenda of the Fulani, the way out to achieve their agelong agenda is to hide under the guise of pastoralism.

Signed

Olalekan Akinduro.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by Reference(m): 7:30pm On Jan 09, 2018
That is a very helpful thing to do Mr. President. Kudos.
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by Raydiation24: 7:50pm On Jan 09, 2018
We knew he wouldn't attend. this is just him trying to gain cheap political point. At the end of the day we will be told the president canceled the trip due to the meeting he was having with Gov Ortom. didn't they know the Gov will be there today. Nonsense. trying to cancel it in the last minute and gain some cheap political point
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by brookz: 8:15pm On Jan 09, 2018
Candid speaking, this meeting is Long Overdue.

Good one that he cancelled his Abia trip, i will suggest he re-route to Benue and comesurate with the berived families.

Lastly, my heart felt condolences to my fellow compatriots in Benue state and Nigeria as a whole.
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 09, 2018
Martin0:

Owk! Na wa that place far oo! I never go that place!

Well maybe na coz I nor to dey stay benin,

Sorry about that... you are welcome to Okada anytime.. though this is my last year in the school
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by frankyychiji(f): 8:22pm On Jan 09, 2018
NaoSlay:

See these IPOB people saying Buhari is scared.

The time he came to imo, enugu and anambra nko, you guys e-beatchest to the extent the internet crashed that time that he won't come . He came nothing happened. Now you saying he is scared.

He is busy, he needs to caution the Benue people through their governor that they need to stop stepping on the foot of Fulani herdsmen.

What form of insecurities do you suffer that makes you write in colored?
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by Martin0(m): 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2018
JamaicanLove:

Sorry about that... you are welcome to Okada anytime.. though this is my last year in the school

Hmmmm is that place like benin city or what! A village or something! Me go like go know as that place be and also use the good opportunity tek enjoy for ya side small!grin

Er ya last year,very good! Which ccourse u dey do for that school?
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by Mccullum: 9:04pm On Jan 09, 2018
Mynd44:
CC @sabama007

I said he wont attend due to the attacks.

His handlers are silly but not that silly

If he win, may be you'll get High BP... stop talking like God, may Almighty God gives us good leader in 2019.
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by talk2emma: 9:23pm On Jan 09, 2018
Buhari is a cow even the babooo and the monkey will never vote him come 2019

The only one thing buhari need to do in his life time is to ensure Free and fear election come 2019 so Nigeria can send him back to his cows
Re: President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 09, 2018
Martin0:

Hmmmm is that place like benin city or what! A village or something! Me go like go know as that place be and also use the good opportunity tek enjoy for ya side small!grin

Er ya last year,very good! Which ccourse u dey do for that school?

That means say you no dey we naija be that na. You want tell me say you no sabi where okada dey..I'm studying electrical/computer engineering

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sokoto: Gang Up Against Tambuwal’s Plot To Return Through ‘back Door’ / Ibrahim Idris Withdraws Policemen Attached To VIPs, Others / Oshiomhole: Atiku Will Get 45,000 Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.