Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Union Bank’s Rights Issue Records 120% Subscription - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Union Bank’s Rights Issue Records 120% Subscription (3536 Views)

Don't Allow Sale Of Polaris Bank, Rights Group Urges Buhari / Flour Mills To Open Application For N39.9b Rights Issue / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Union Bank’s Rights Issue Records 120% Subscription by postbox: 4:49pm On Jan 09, 2018
Union Bank of Nigeria Plc. (Union Bank), one of Nigeria’s long-standing and most respected financial institutions announced that the Bank successfully raised N49.7 billion through a Rights Issue which closed on October 30, 2017, with subscriptions recorded at 120%.

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) concluded the share allotment and capital clearance review in December 2017.

Emeka Emuwa, Chief Executive Officer of Union Bank, said, “The support of our shareholders has been critical to the rebuilding and transformation of Union Bank over the past 5 years. With 20% oversubscription of the Bank’s Rights Issue, they have once again demonstrated a high level of confidence and support for the bank’s short to medium term strategic priorities.

Having successfully raised the required capital, we will accelerate the pace of doing business in 2018 as we begin to deploy this fresh capital across identified business areas which will increase our capacity to serve customers better while also delivering returns to our investors in the short to medium term.”

The new capital will also ensure the bank maintains a strong buffer above regulatory capital adequacy requirements as it drives towards its vision to be Nigeria’s most trusted and reliable banking partner.

Union Bank launched the N49.7 billion Rights Issue on September 20, 2017 , ith shares available to shareholders at the ratio of five new ordinary shares for every seven previously held as at August 21, 2017.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/union-banks-rights-issue-records-120-subscription/

2 Likes

Re: Union Bank’s Rights Issue Records 120% Subscription by rodeo0070(m): 7:03am On Jan 10, 2018
Wow! That's a successful one...
Re: Union Bank’s Rights Issue Records 120% Subscription by BrandSpurNG: 7:06am On Jan 10, 2018
Thumbs up
Re: Union Bank’s Rights Issue Records 120% Subscription by veekid(m): 7:49am On Jan 10, 2018
Good for them
Re: Union Bank’s Rights Issue Records 120% Subscription by swiz123(m): 7:55am On Jan 10, 2018
I'd never forget when a huge rat made the beautiful cashier who was about to serve me jump up like a mad woman... Ohhhh!!! The sight of those melons as they jiggled

Union bank Ngwa road branch by East road Aba Abia state..for doubters
Re: Union Bank’s Rights Issue Records 120% Subscription by PissedOffWeed(m): 7:56am On Jan 10, 2018
undecided

Does it in any way make our lives better?
Re: Union Bank’s Rights Issue Records 120% Subscription by Ayor93(m): 7:56am On Jan 10, 2018
I opened a union back account october last Year.
And to my surprise, only one deduction have been made on my account till date, which is account maintainance fee

I pray it continues this way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Union Bank’s Rights Issue Records 120% Subscription by Dhayor001(m): 8:12am On Jan 10, 2018
Nice!
Re: Union Bank’s Rights Issue Records 120% Subscription by Nintee: 9:56am On Jan 10, 2018
Open a Union Bank account today and you will have all the advantages it takes to own an account. I TRIED IT.
.....SIMPLER SMARTER BANK....

Re: Union Bank’s Rights Issue Records 120% Subscription by M3A16(m): 10:48am On Jan 10, 2018
It is good for union bank while its sister or subsidiary (Union Home Savings & Loans) had been run aground...It had been run into comatose and people's monies are no longer available to them.

Hmmmm
Re: Union Bank’s Rights Issue Records 120% Subscription by Tolakay: 11:00am On Jan 10, 2018
surprised at how effective the bank is. Had to abandon my bank account in two new generation banks... now have two accounts with them.

I recommend union bank wink

How i wish money dey to buy from secondary market sad.
Re: Union Bank’s Rights Issue Records 120% Subscription by drbolade: 11:58am On Jan 10, 2018
The rebranding thing is really working for them. I visit one of their branches in Ilorin and am wao
Re: Union Bank’s Rights Issue Records 120% Subscription by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2018
I didn't hear about this rights issue cry

Is it still on offer?

(1) (Reply)

Xpset/faithsfi $15 - $1000 Football Betting Challenge / Enquiry About Pepper Grinder / Top 8 Businesses That Are Making It This Festive Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.