Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co (1342 Views)

I Never Pledged My Allegiance To Allah / Famous Nigerian Pastor & Church Dedicated To The Occult / Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2010
My dear Sister and brothers, read this with an open mind, it will bless you

Cuddled from Daily Bread April 9 (Read John 12: 12-19
On Sunday Morning in America, Its time for the electronic church. Numerous TV Channels carry religious programmes. SOme Preachers proclaim clear cut Gospel messages. Others however Pace before an enraptured audience telling them that Jesus will heal all their diseases and make them rich. "He wants you well; Poverty is of the devil" Shouts the preacher. People love the "gospel" of prosperity and deliverance from sickness.
Now turn back the calender to a sunday morning around 33 AD. The city is jerusalem. For 3 years Jesus has been healing the sick, feeding the hungry, and even raising the dead. Now he rides into Jerusalem on a colt recieving acclaim of the crowd. But those who shout "hossana' are accepting him for wht they think he give them not for who He is and what He came to do. They want an Earthly messiah who will provide all their earthly desires, not a suffering Messiah whose death on the cross will expose their sin, providing forgivenss, and call for a life committement.
Jesus did not promise release for all the suffering in the world. But He did offer forgiveness, peace and eternal life, and a cross. Anything less than taking up the cross in serving him is shallow allegience.

Note: THE WORD EASY APPEARED ONLY ONCE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT , AND THEN IN CONNECTION WITH YOKE
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by nuclearboy(m): 4:26am On Apr 10, 2010
^^^ Brilliant post! But your proposed audience are just like the crowd that welcomed Jesus - they want nothing to do with a yoke or a cross. All they want is cash, health, "showing logo" and excitement.

Would be nice to see them comment on this though
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by Enigma(m): 6:37am On Apr 10, 2010
From Romans 8:16 & 17

The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 10, 2010
I can swear that the same people in the crowd shouting Hossana were the same people who three days later were shouting crucify Him. They must have expected jesus to overthrow the Roman Empire and save them while Jesus was offering something deeper eternal Salvation: Likewisw, if we just follow Jesus because we feel he offers us Material blessings and will shield us from pain and sufferings, and shout hossana now and quote bible scriptures out of context to force God to take away all the tough times later in our life we will be on the other side shouting crucify him because we worship and served him for the wrong reasons
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by InesQor(m): 10:46am On Apr 10, 2010
I laugh in Brownian motion! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by mabell: 10:52am On Apr 10, 2010
@aisha2
i don't understand. If you want to suffer, suffer now
i don't really get what your post is implying aisha undecided
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by KunleOshob(m): 10:59am On Apr 10, 2010
mabell:

@aisha2

Maybe you can get pastor chris to explain it to you since the "meat" in the post is too hard for your tender milk teeth to chew.
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by noetic16(m): 11:08am On Apr 10, 2010
mabell:

@aisha2
[b]i don't really get [/b]what your post is implying aisha undecided

How come u dont understand? . . . .this is the TURKEY of the gospel grin
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by aletheia(m): 11:26am On Apr 10, 2010
mabell:

@aisha2
^^^
nuclearboy:

Brilliant post! But your proposed audience are just like the crowd that welcomed Jesus - they want nothing to do with a yoke or a cross. All they want is cash, health, "showing logo" and excitement.

Would be nice to see them comment on this though
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by Joagbaje(m): 1:58pm On Apr 10, 2010
So what has this thread got to do with mabell . or are you making reference to another Mabell?
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by nuclearboy(m): 4:38pm On Apr 10, 2010
Aletheia, truly you are in the Spirit. I thought I was the only one who noticed it. As it says, by their fruits, you shall know them  sad
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by KunleOshob(m): 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2010
Joagbaje:

So what has this thread got to do with mabell . or are you making reference to another Mabell?

As Aletheia rightly said, the target audience won't understand the post! It't no suprise that you haven't seen the correlation between mabell, yourself and the post. Read the OP again and reflect on your shallow allegiance to the doctrines of CEC.
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by away4real(m): 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2010
@ aisha2, agreed that "some" might get the bible a little bit twisted and have wrong motives, but still something binds every born again christain together ie. the cross and our salvation.

I do have a question to you, Kunle, aletheia and ,  Given all the suffering and tribulations of this earthly world which you have rightly highlighted but

1. Does God still bless today i.e. in terms of material blessings?

2. Does God heal the sick today?

3. Now on a personal note Does God interfere in your life affairs and if he does why?

Please provide answers with scripturesand if you dont mind please also provide personal life experiences. Thanks
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by nuclearboy(m): 5:20pm On Apr 10, 2010
^^^

Away4real:

Based on your reply,

Is it only blessing, healing and obeying us that God does today?
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by away4real(m): 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2010
@ nuclearboy would have been nice if you shared your convictions.

First let me correct your post no where did i ask about or mention anything on "obeying" thats quite mischevious.

Please refer to my statement on what binds us all together "salvation" and I will not to be hypcritical so i will answer you. Using your words "Is it only blessing, healing and ??, !!!!! us that God does today? Simple answer NO
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by aletheia(m): 6:09pm On Apr 10, 2010
away4real:

I do have a question to you, Kunle, aletheia and ,  Given all the suffering and tribulations of this earthly world which you have rightly highlighted but

1. Does God still bless today i.e. in terms of material blessings?

2. Does God heal the sick today?

3. Now on a personal note Does God interfere in your life affairs and if he does why?

Please provide answers with scripturesand if you dont mind please also provide personal life experiences. Thanks

Answers to your questions:
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes

I see where you are going with this, so lets cut to the chase. Here are three more answers to you from scripture.

1. 2 Co 11:13-15  For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

2. Mat 24:23-25  Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'There he is!' do not believe it. For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand.

3. Gal 1:6-9  I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel-- not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

I have noticed that those of you who defend WoF heresies try to twist the argument to mean that those who deny your doctrines are somehow denying the reality of God's word and power to heal and bless. Not so. The scriptures are quite clear that even Satan and his apostles can perform signs and wonders. Ever heard of Jannes and Jambres or Simon Magus?

On several criteria WoF prosperity preaching cults fail the test
1. Rotten fruit.
2. The tests set forth in Deuteronomy
a. Deu 13:1-3  "If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or wonder that he tells you comes to pass, and if he says, 'Let us go after other gods,' which you have not known, 'and let us serve them,' you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For the LORD your God is testing you, to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Your WoF pastors may be performing signs and wonders, but they certainly preach a distorted gospel in fact the gnostic gospel, so they fail the test.

b. Deu 18:21-22  And if you say in your heart, 'How may we know the word that the LORD has not spoken?'-- when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

We all known the annual ritual of unfulfilled and vague psychobabble "prophesying" that is one of the hallmarks of the WoF crowd. "Some in this crowd tonight will become rich in the new year."

So you see, signs and wonders are not sufficient to accredit one as a messenger of God, even though a lot of people reason that a one could not perform signs and wonders unless sent by God.
Mat 7:20  Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.
Mat 7:21  "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Mat 7:22  On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
Mat 7:23  And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'

May God grant you grace as you ponder this.
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 10, 2010
I really wish you will spend time and really study the word of God. I used to be like you, Then my Mom and Sister both died from Cancer in 6 months, then i turned completely away from God because i believed that it was not our portion, why should they die when God had promised us divine health. However, after six months of turning away from God like the crowd who on monday hailed him and King and on wednesday screamed crucify Him, but i started reading the bible myself and read all the scriptures myself and saw that most times its quoted out of context and never read through.
I pray for you that it wont take my kind of expereince to bring you to really worshiping God
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by away4real(m): 6:46pm On Apr 10, 2010
@ aletheia. Thanks for your answers though the quotations were on totally different issues.

You have agreed that God blesses you materially so how do we know you are not serving him because of the blessings i.e. one in the crowd that said Hossana and then crucify him.

Please tell if God has blessed you materially, how are you different ?

Please lets not mix all the issues, this has nothing to do with signs and wonders accredited to any so called messenger of God, signs and wonders as you have rightly noted is not a sufficeint condition for anything. Leave those that are preaching heresy and those you consider false teachers out of this now, there are a lot of them out there.
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by away4real(m): 6:49pm On Apr 10, 2010
aisha2:

I really wish you will spend time and really study the word of God. I used to be like you, Then my Mom and Sister both died from Cancer in 6 months, then i turned completely away from God because i believed that it was not our portion, why should they die when God had promised us divine health. However, after six months of turning away from God like the crowd who on monday hailed him and King and on wednesday screamed crucify Him, but i started reading the bible myself and read all the scriptures myself and saw that most times its quoted out of context and never read through.
I pray for you that it wont take my kind of expereince to bring you to really worshiping God

My heart felt condolence to you on the loss of your mom and Sister. I have not loss any loved one but believe me i know what you are talking about.

But for the basis of this debate lets come back to my questions?
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by aletheia(m): 7:05pm On Apr 10, 2010
away4real:

@ aletheia. Thanks for your answers though the quotations were on totally different issues.

You have agreed that God blesses you materially so how do we know you are not serving him because of the blessings i.e. one in the crowd that said Hossana and then crucify him.
Your answer:
1 Jn 4:10, 19 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. . .We love because he first loved us.
John 14:21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him."

away4real:

Please tell if God has blessed you materially, how are you different ?
I don't understand what you are getting at. A little more clarity is needed.
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by InesQor(m): 7:17pm On Apr 10, 2010
@aletheia: sorry to veer off-topic. . . [Question removed as I figured out the answer. Thanks anyway]
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by away4real(m): 7:26pm On Apr 10, 2010
@aletheia Thanks again for your response.

In terms of clarity. I am trying to distinguish how your own material blessing is different from the material blessings that perhaps the WOF teachers preach. Please recall you did not provide scriptures to back your own material blessings.

How is it then okay that you are blessed materially but if anyone else says he is blessed materially or says to others that God does bless materially he faces the risk of being called a false prophet.
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by aletheia(m): 10:49pm On Apr 10, 2010
away4real:

@aletheia Thanks again for your response.
In terms of clarity. I am trying to distinguish how your own material blessing is different from the material blessings that perhaps the WOF teachers preach. Please recall you did not provide scriptures to back your own material blessings.

1. My material blessings are not different from what WoF preach. In no way different from what a Muslim or Buddhist enjoys. In fact the richest men in the world in materialistic terms are not believers in the atoning sacrifice of Jesus. And do you know why they all have these material blessings as well? Here is the reason:
Mat 5:45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

away4real:

How is it then okay that you are blessed materially but if anyone else says he is blessed materially or says to others that God does bless materially he faces the risk of being called a false prophet.

2. You are presenting a rather simplistic argument and putting words into my mouth. Who on this thread has said that someone saying that God blesses is a false prophet. At issue here is the nature of the gospel that these WoF preachers preach.

So now its my turn to ask you a few questions.
1. What is the gospel of Jesus Christ? Can you give me a succinct, scriptural answer? I await your response.
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by aletheia(m): 10:51pm On Apr 10, 2010
InesQor:

@aletheia: sorry to veer off-topic. . . [Question removed as I figured out the answer. Thanks anyway]
Now you 've piqued my curiosity!
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by Joagbaje(m): 7:50am On Apr 11, 2010
aisha2:

Ki lo n so? So what is the conclusion of your bible reading, Is it that God killed your mother. Is cancer now your portion?.
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by KunleOshob(m): 2:20pm On Apr 11, 2010
Joagbaje:

Ki lo n so? So what is the conclusion of your bible reading, Is it that God killed your mother. Is cancer now your portion?.

I guess the meat of what she is saying is too hard for your milk teeth to chew tongue i guess you should go back to cerelac grin which would be easier for you to digest.
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by Odunnu: 3:51pm On Apr 11, 2010
Kai Xrist embassy don suffr 4 NL.
Jst wsh d members wud learn dat silence is goldn and kip quiet.
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by nuclearboy(m): 4:04pm On Apr 11, 2010
^^^ It would have been nice to agree with you, Ma'am. Unfortunately, what is true is that it is Christianity that has been suffering in the hands of CE. If people start to question the leadership of this and other same type ministries, sanity will come into our midst.

Rather than keep quiet, they should ask questions - OF THE MAN IN THE PULPIT AT CE!
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by KunleOshob(m): 4:25pm On Apr 11, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^^ It would have been nice to agree with you, Ma'am. Unfortunately, what is true is that it is Christianity that has been suffering in the hands of CE. If people start to question the leadership of this and other same type ministries, sanity will come into our midst.

Rather than keep quiet, they should ask questions - OF THE MAN IN THE PULPIT AT CE!

Very well said, this is what all true christians should be doing. If these charlatans and their false doctrines had been challenged all along we would not have gotten to this stage.
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by InesQor(m): 6:21pm On Apr 11, 2010
@aletheia: No big deal. You once said you live in Jos and you write exactly like someone I know does, so I was trying to see if it's him. I simply looked through your posts.
Re: Shallow Allegiance Dedicated To Mabell And Co by away4real(m): 2:28pm On Apr 12, 2010
aletheia:

1. My material blessings are not different from what WoF preach. In no way different from what a Muslim or Buddhist enjoys. In fact the richest men in the world in materialistic terms are not believers in the atoning sacrifice of Jesus. And do you know why they all have these material blessings as well? Here is the reason:
2. You are presenting a rather simplistic argument and putting words into my mouth. Who on this thread has said that someone saying that God blesses is a false prophet. At issue here is the nature of the gospel that these WoF preachers preach.

So now its my turn to ask you a few questions.
1. What is the gospel of Jesus Christ? Can you give me a succinct, scriptural answer? I await your response.

Thanks for your response. I will get back to your responses but let me provide you the answers.
First, in terms of my walk with God i take a very simplistic view, i.e. i keep it very simple.

What is the gospel of Jesus Christ? I will take a simple view: Foundation:Romans 10: 9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. You can also cross reference with Acts 16:31. Subsequently Romans 12: 1-2 which i know u can quote off hand.
In the process of renewing your mind you begin to learn the precepts of Jesus, his life, his death and his ressurection. His command to us to love and live in love, worship, fellowship and the many "doctrinal issues". Put simply to me the gospel of Jesus is that GOOD NEWS that i can be saved because he died for me.

(1) (Reply)

It Is Time To Takeover The 11th Hour Blessing / Here's How Christianity Will End / One Year On The Throne As Hrh Oba Onimole Olu Ifa Agbaye Woldwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.