Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

What Are The Career Options For A Mechanical Engineer? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are The Career Options For A Mechanical Engineer? (9563 Views)

What Are The Career Opportunity For A Sociologist In Nigeria. / Confused: Any MSc options for 2.2 Grads? / Improving The Career Section - Your Recommendations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Career Options For A Mechanical Engineer? by jukehinde(f): 3:23pm On Mar 01, 2007
hi nairalanders, this is really urgent. i know that for every engineering course, options are available but for mechanical Engineering i feel its unlimited. Please if you have any idea with regards to career options,lets hear you out.i am particularly interested cos im a polytechnic graduate of mechanical engineering(production) and it seems the only way to get a job is to start as an entry level.Thanks, your opinion and suggestions are welcome.
Re: What Are The Career Options For A Mechanical Engineer? by mickeyetoh(m): 7:59pm On Mar 11, 2007
hi juke

this is michael fromm naira land.com am a graduate of mechhanical engineerinng from a poly too. plz i have some web addresses for application. maybe we can do it together. pls contact me for more info
08067867550 or mickeyetoh@yahoo.com or mickeyetoh@hotmail.com

hope to carry you along and make sure you have your cv online. send one to me and i will send mine to you.

smiley
Re: What Are The Career Options For A Mechanical Engineer? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 14, 2007
piping engineering is one of d most viable career choices for mech engineers in nigeria. if you get into an org that does piping, and you keep blding yrself, sooner or later you'll enter an oil co.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Options For A Mechanical Engineer? by Chidoski(m): 11:41am On Mar 30, 2007
Hi
I am a graduate of mechanical Engineering too though 4rm a uni.Pls any helpfyl certification most especially in the oil and gas sector.contact me chidiechefu2000@yahoo.com
Re: What Are The Career Options For A Mechanical Engineer? by manp1: 2:39pm On Apr 01, 2007
The best career option for mechanical engineer is project management. thats the no 1 career and business skill in the world now. it's the career that can take you to where you really want to be in live. however, you need to be qualified project manager to handle projects in any field you find yourself.better still you have one of the best background for PM, however, some so called PM institute have been failing people in the exams they conduct for candidates even when the candidates know they have the knowledge and with experience again you continue to move on in you career ladder.

you know knowledge applied is power, and there is nothing as transforming as information. thatz why i'm giving you this wonderful INFO DAT CAN GIVE LIVE opportunity EASY visit:

PMCONSULTINGS powered by APAN MUELT CONSULTS
NIZAK BUILDING,44,AKANRO STREET ILASAMAJA,LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA
FOR MORE ENQUIRIES.

You can improve yourself, credentials,career,relationships,opportunity,business. visit them now.

in all your getting, get understanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Are The Career Options For A Mechanical Engineer? by wham(m): 9:17pm On May 13, 2007
I'm a Mech Engr. Grad too. this might sound silly but in a place like Abuja, with  mech Engr Cert I'm thinking of hooking up with some Benz mechanics to teach me some practicals on repairs and maintainance. I have some money  i plan to use to set up my on workshop in the next 6 mnths. Its not going to be easy at the beginning but by next year i'll have my boys, i'll have made a name  and i'll be smiling my way to the bank. Imagine people hearing of an Engr graduate mechanic in a big man town like Abj. My workshop will never lack costomers who will be ready to part with some very good money for very quality service. Cheers!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Career Options For A Mechanical Engineer? by nosa101(f): 9:25pm On May 13, 2007
wham:

I'm a Mech Engr. Grad too. this might sound silly but in a place like Abuja, with mech Engr Cert I'm thinking of hooking up with some Benz mechanics to teach me some practicals on repairs and maintainance. I have some money i plan to use to set up my on workshop in the next 6 mnths. Its not going to be easy at the beginning but by next year i'll have my boys, i'll have made a name and i'll be smiling my way to the bank. Imagine people hearing of an Engr graduate mechanic in a big man town like Abj. My workshop will never lack costomers who will be ready to part with some very good money for very quality service. Cheers!!
I hate you soooo much. I've been planning this ish since primary 6
Re: What Are The Career Options For A Mechanical Engineer? by wham(m): 11:03pm On May 14, 2007
Why bro?
Re: What Are The Career Options For A Mechanical Engineer? by bolaoni(m): 12:58am On May 19, 2007
wham:

I'm a Mech Engr. Grad too. this might sound silly but in a place like Abuja, with mech Engr Cert I'm thinking of hooking up with some Benz mechanics to teach me some practicals on repairs and maintainance. I have some money i plan to use to set up my on workshop in the next 6 mnths. Its not going to be easy at the beginning but by next year i'll have my boys, i'll have made a name and i'll be smiling my way to the bank. Imagine people hearing of an Engr graduate mechanic in a big man town like Abj. My workshop will never lack costomers who will be ready to part with some very good money for very quality service. Cheers!!

Good dream and good vision Bro. But attimes things don't work the way we think it
will. Even if next year your dreams never became a reality and you are still the one
running your show without the boyz and the dough, KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE.

The vision may tarry, but IT WILL SURELY COME TO PASS

I read mechanical as well, but I was like the proverbial square peg. I quickly
found my square root after graduation. I am more than fulfilled with all I am
doing now. cool
Re: What Are The Career Options For A Mechanical Engineer? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 09, 2014
jukehinde:
hi nairalanders, this is really urgent. i know that for every engineering course, options are available but for mechanical Engineering i feel its unlimited. Please if you have any idea with regards to career options,lets hear you out.i am particularly interested cos im a polytechnic graduate of mechanical engineering(production) and it seems the only way to get a job is to start as an entry level.Thanks, your opinion and suggestions are welcome.

The Bolded is true. An Engineer is not made in the class room, they are made in the field.

If you are lucky to get entry level employment into one of the servicing firms, then your career is set. The search is tough, the competition is tight, so you got to also consider gaining practical experience while waiting for your dream Job.

If you live in Port Harcourt area, do send me your CV, the pay might be small, but you could get much Valuable experience in rotating equipment.
Kunuigbe at gmail dot com

Have a lovely day
Re: What Are The Career Options For A Mechanical Engineer? by deewon56: 10:33pm On Dec 10, 2014
am a newly admittd student to study mech engr in polythecnic..my dream job is to become automobile engr plz i need ur advice wat proces am i to take to achive my dream?plz let make ds thread lively

(1) (Reply)

Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? / 1.7 Million Nigerians Became Jobless In Nine Months / Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.