Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,042 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

The Politics Of Family Drug Mafia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Politics Of Family Drug Mafia (539 Views)

Who Doctored 2016 Budget, Mafia Or Rats? / Presidency Blames “budget Mafia” For Controversial Allocations In 2016 Budget. / The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Politics Of Family Drug Mafia by mekuszyx: 1:10am On Apr 10, 2010
Why I dragged my twins, aged 6, into drug trade’ 
Written by Shehu Abubakar, who was in Lagos     
Friday, 09 April 2010 21:16 
Not child’s play: Mulikat’s twins show their burdens
The parents of a set of six-year old twins (names withheld) found wrapped with 700 grams of cocaine while their mother, Mrs Mulikat Adebukola Jimoh concealed 3.350 kilograms of the same substance in her bosom, underwear and buttocks, may not be spared from the long arms of the law. Chairman and Chief Executive of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Mallam Ahmadu Giade, whose agency made the arrest, said Mulika and her husband will be prosecuted for drug trafficking and child abuse. He said the agency will sacrifice them to the long arms of the law for dragging innocent children into the illicit drug deal.
Mulikat and her set of twins who were both found with large quantities of cocaine, were nabbed along with her husband and father of the twins, 46-year-old Jimoh Oladega Bashir at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, by operatives of the drug law enforcement agency when they were about boarding an Arik Air flight to London. When the family arrived the departure wing of the Lagos airport in readiness to depart the country, the twins who knew nothing about the contents of their napkins, were seen by officials loitering in the hall.

Though Jimoh was not found with any quantity of drugs at the time of his arrest, he however, told Weekly Trust that some people contacted him to carry the drugs for them but he refused before his wife accepted to carry the drugs and convinced him to accept the deal for a fee of 3,000 pounds sterling and a certain quantity of the drugs as their pay. Jimoh did not deny knowledge of the trafficking deal allegedly entered into by his wife.

“They were to pay us 3,000 pounds while some quantity of the drugs would have been given to us. Initially, I rejected the suggestion but they convinced my wife who persuaded me to do it. My son is at Fountain University, Oshogbo and I need to pay school fees,” Jimoh said.

Jimoh and his wife, Mulikat who spoke to Weekly Trust at separate interviews, said they got involved in the deal so as to be able to pay the school fees of their children including the senior one who is at Fountain University, Oshogbo. They said they were recently duped of N2.2 million which affected their economy and the supermarket they were operating at the Ajah area of Lagos. They said they agreed to traffic the illicit drugs to enable them get some money to pay their children’s school fees and re-stock the supermarket.

Mulikat who could not say what exactly was taking the family to London, said, “I have problem with my children’s school fees. I have six children and I intend to give them good education. I also have younger ones and an aged parent to take care of. They asked me to swallow the drugs but I was afraid, that was why I packed them on my body,” she stated.

Confirming the arrest, Chairman and Chief Executive of the NDLEA, Mallam Ahmadu Giade, said the underage twins have since been released to the relations of their parents, adding, “the action of the couple is callous, morally depraved and unacceptable. Apart from charging them on the grounds of drug trafficking, they will also be charged for child abuse. It is unlawful for them to take advantage of the kid’s innocence and involve them in a serious criminal act. No society will overlook such act of debasement,” Giade warned.

He said investigations into the matter with a view to arrest all those involved is still going on. He assured that efforts are being made to ensure that all those involved within and outside the country are arrested, adding that the couple will soon be charged to court.

Re: The Politics Of Family Drug Mafia by mekuszyx: 1:10am On Apr 10, 2010
Name sounds familar? grin grin grin
Re: The Politics Of Family Drug Mafia by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 10, 2010
^^ cut the crap, and let people discuss this in a non-bush manner.
Re: The Politics Of Family Drug Mafia by mekuszyx: 3:53pm On Apr 10, 2010
Child traffickers. grin Should be in the GBRs
Re: The Politics Of Family Drug Mafia by DAVE5(m): 11:50pm On Apr 10, 2010
those children are the dons of 2morow

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Departs For Us Today, Briefs Senate President / Achebe, Kennedy & Duncan To Be Honored At Leslie / Sanusi The Islamist Central Bank Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.