Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online (21922 Views)

9 Ways To Get The Best Deal When Shopping For Christmas / 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online / Differences Between Debit And Credit Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by finnestdope(m): 2:35pm On Jan 10, 2018
Many Online Applications now support the using of Credit Cards popularly known in 9ja as ATM cards for payment, This reduce the efforts of going to bank and queue from morning till evening and you will still never get your registration card. A close different story is when you want to apply for admission from an institution that’s far away from your residence place, you’ll be shocked that the registration card will not be avialable in your city, you may need to travel a long distance to purchase the registration card. Some has lost their admission due to these reason because at the end they failed to obtain the registration card and do their application.

But with the usage of ATM cards to make payment online and register for your examination, Many students are happy for this great advancement that happen the Education and Internet section, though many Online expert has been enjoying the usage of their ATM cards to purchase and shop online for a very long time.

But now that’s widely use among innocent Nigerian students who don’t know how to secure their ATM cards from fraudsters, I’ve seen some sending their ATM Cards details to third party in other to make registration on their behalf which is very very move. I have shortlisted ways you can use your ATM cards securely and perfectly and I hope this post find its way to Nairaland First Page to help Secure Innocent Nigerians ATM Cards from fraudster.

Change Your PIN immediately after each transaction

After every transaction you made online with your ATM cards, be sure to go and change your PIN immediately. Your credit card PIN is very precious to a fraudster even than your CVV2 number and any other card details, without your PIN there is basically nothing any crook will do with your funds. Do you know your PIN allows direct withdrawals of cash from your account? Your PIN should be the last thing you’ll ever tell anybody

Use Your Credit Card Only on Trusted Sites

There are some fake sites that are just design to wheedle out your credit cards information and some shopping sites doesn’t have adequate security to protect your credit from fraud. be aware of those sites and never use your ATM cards on them.

Don’t Send Your Credit Cards Info to Anyone

This is very common among our Nigerian students, they’ll want other person to do the registration for them and they will send all their ATM card detail to that person, including their PIN, I’ve witnessed a case where a guy use another person ATM cards to buy a laptop online cost N56,000. you should never send your ATM cards details to anyone!

Protect your Computer

The next step to secure your ATM cards and your online transaction is to secure your computer, you should never think of shopping online or use your credit card with a computer that’s riddled with viruses, spyware or malware and keyloggers.

I think I’ve said enough to keep save your ATM cards, but in any case you are suspicious of fraudulent transaction on your Account, be sure to notify your Bank Immediately.

Source

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by PheezyLee(m): 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
if you are to change your pin after every transaction, how won't someone get confused and forget too when next you need to transact?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by HallaDaTruth: 2:58pm On Jan 10, 2018
My bank sends OTP to my phone, without it nobody can take my money even if they have my card number

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by seunmohmoh(f): 4:56pm On Jan 10, 2018
changing pin kwa...e get as e be o
Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by Xisnin(m): 4:56pm On Jan 10, 2018
HallaDaTruth:
My bank sends OTP to my phone, without it nobody can take my money even if they have my card number
Not true, never let someone have your card details.

5 Likes

Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by NCANTaskForce: 4:56pm On Jan 10, 2018
You never jam one Afonja called Dammy Krane, undecided .

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by abike12(f): 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2018
Change Your PIN immediately after each transaction
----
how feasible is this? sounds like a recipe for forgetting your pin and the stress that goes with that

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by skydancer: 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2018
And if you find any phishing mail or hacker website, kindly report on FraudKoboko fraudkoboko.com ASAP
Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 10, 2018
Number one is difficult to keep up with pls.

2 Likes

Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by castrol180(m): 5:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
story for the gods ooo,
Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by olafunny(m): 5:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
Take it EAZI, and KRANE it away from DAMMY

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by Mrkumareze(m): 5:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
I don't trust myself so I don't trust any site as well. I only try online transaction with my bae's card.
Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by Sirheny007(m): 5:01pm On Jan 10, 2018
HallaDaTruth:

grin grin grin grin
You are very funny.
If i have your card details, I can change the number you receive your OTP to mine in the nearest ATM booth with quickteller.
Just pray nobody gets your ATM card in the first place.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by Ionkidiz(m): 5:04pm On Jan 10, 2018
noted.
Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by Childofaking: 5:05pm On Jan 10, 2018
@ op
ATM cards are not credit cards, they are debit cards.

7 Likes

Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by sirxbit(m): 5:07pm On Jan 10, 2018
Mrkumareze:
I don't trust myself so I don't trust any site as well. I only try online transaction with my bae's card.
Wizard spotted shocked
Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by obaataaokpaewu: 5:08pm On Jan 10, 2018
I once ordered an e-book from Okada books with my GTB MasterCard without them asking me to input my card pin. Just my card number and Security number.
This happened in December 2016

3 Likes

Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by Christaks(m): 5:09pm On Jan 10, 2018
HallaDaTruth:

Aliexpress doesnt askd for PIN or OTP, jst card details...

3 Likes

Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by NPComplete: 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2018
HallaDaTruth:

Lol. Even while paying for stuff online?
Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by Inside(m): 5:11pm On Jan 10, 2018
HallaDaTruth:

Oya let play, dm me your card details. wink
Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by Diffdeef(m): 5:13pm On Jan 10, 2018
Sirheny007:

grin grin grin grin
You are very funny.
If i have your card details, I can change the number you receive your OTP to mine in the nearest ATM booth with quickteller.
Just pray nobody gets your ATM card in the first place.
Dude,in GTBank,any online transaction you wanna do,you gonna need a hardware token device,I can give you all my card details,I dare you u can't take a pin by any means,without my token device,I feel like I'm locked outside of my own account,how bout u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by ElRapido: 5:17pm On Jan 10, 2018
Diffdeef:
Dude,in GTBank,any online transaction you wanna do,you gonna need a hardware token device,I can give you all my card details,I dare you u can't take a pin by any means,without my token device,I feel like I'm locked outside of my own account,how bout u.

This guy never jam LAUTECH boys

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by Sirheny007(m): 5:20pm On Jan 10, 2018
Diffdeef:

Wait, you operate only a GTbank account?
Unless other banks adopt that approach, you have no reason to rejoice yet.
Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by Toppie2(f): 5:27pm On Jan 10, 2018
Diffdeef:

I use GTB. I do online transactions; in fact I just completed one, I don't have a token device!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by mccoy47(m): 5:31pm On Jan 10, 2018
Debit card not credit card
Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by Diffdeef(m): 5:31pm On Jan 10, 2018
ElRapido:

This guy never jam LAUTECH boys
wetin em dey teach for lautech,oga 9ja no get real hackers jawe,only the ones that are smart enough to feed on loopholes,if na like that,money go dey loss everyday,ppl that have been victims check well, there's a mistake from their own part,they can't hack/break in without any loop for person wey dey on guard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by harizonal123(m): 5:33pm On Jan 10, 2018
Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by Yhelay(m): 5:33pm On Jan 10, 2018
Diffdeef:

dm me ur card details, I'll buy things and we share it 50/50

1 Like

Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by Diffdeef(m): 5:35pm On Jan 10, 2018
Toppie2:

I use GTB. I do online transactions; in fact I just completed one, I don't have a token device!
Madam,go and sophisticate your account.
Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by Diffdeef(m): 5:37pm On Jan 10, 2018
Yhelay:

dm me ur card details, I'll buy things and we share it 50/50
I don't run simple account sir.
Re: How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online by holuphisayor(m): 5:37pm On Jan 10, 2018
most foreign website dont ask for pin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bank Of America Urges Nigeria To Hike Interest Rate To 25.5% To Curb Inflation / London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers / Ecobank Writes Firstbank Over Otudeko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.