Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,982 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed (29982 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Commissions Oshodi-Abule-Egba BRT Corridor / LASG To Demolish Four Petrol Stations On Ikorodu Road To Build BRT Lanes, Parks / Buhari Completes 12 Stations Of The Abuja Light Rail Project (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by presidency: 2:57pm On Jan 10, 2018
The 12 stations on the Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 corridor have been completed. The Central Railway Station also known as Abuja Metro Station is located behind the Abuja World Trade Centre. Also completed are the rolling stock depot and maintenance base at Idu.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by hardehbayor112(m): 2:58pm On Jan 10, 2018
First to comment

Be right back

2 Likes

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Blue3k(m): 3:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
That's cool. What's the routes of this rail line anyway.

1 Like

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Nogodye(m): 3:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
Keep on the progress

6 Likes

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by TheAnimatorsHub: 3:01pm On Jan 10, 2018
We need light speed trains. But then, it's a job well done

1 Like

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Daviddson(m): 3:08pm On Jan 10, 2018
And so? Nigeria which way
As much as it's worth giving a thumbs up to the FG, this is really a national shame. When countries like South Africa, Algeria, Morocco, etc - are using high speed trains, we're just getting to start using 19th Century locomotive trains?
What have they been using those our collective wealth for? I mean the trillions of dollars we've made since Independence? Power? Zero? Industries - zero?
And why can't Abuja pioneer high speed trains (being the national capital) while other states use these wacky locomotives for the time being?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Jesusloveyou: 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
What else will this government fulfill within 2yrs, what PDP could not do for 16yrs

10 Likes

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Jesusloveyou: 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2018
Daviddson:
As much as it's worth giving a thumbs up to the FG, this is really a national shame. When countries like South Africa, Algeria, Morocco, etc - are using high speed trains, we're just getting to start using 19th Century locomotive trains?
What have they been using those our collective wealth for? I mean the trillions of dollars we've made since Independence? Power? Zero? Industries - zero?
And why can't Abuja pioneer high speed trains (being the national capital) while other states use these wacky locomotives for the time being?
ask your ineffectual buffoon and PDP for 16yrs.
Also ask their patron- ibb since 1986

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2018
Daviddson:
Oga, this is a metro line, commonly called light-rail. High speed trains are for interstate while this metro line is intrastate. U can't expect an intrastate rail to be high speed.

Secondly, Morocco is the only African country with high speed train. Thanks.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Daviddson(m): 3:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
shervydman:

Oga, this is a metro line, commonly called light-rail. High speed trains are for interstate while this metro line is intrastate. U can't expect an intrastate rail to be high speed.
Secondly, Morocco is the only African country with high speed train. Thanks.
I'm coming with facts.
>>High Speed Bombardier trains, Johannesburg -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSbBwDj6_b4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7odP8qenfQM&itct=CBAQpDAYBCITCLna-_rOzdgCFY3CfgodsfkDXzIHcmVsYXRlZEi---vHg7iwkxk%3D

>>Algeria -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk_sci6BIJM
Can you compare these sleek trains with our locomotive trains?
tesppidd:
so have you been schooled or not?
Schooled? That means you didn't see that Jo'burg High Speed train video.

29 Likes

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 10, 2018
Daviddson:
I'm coming with facts.
Lol....scavenge d whole cyber space while at it.

2 Likes

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2018
Daviddson:
I'm coming with facts.
>>High Speed Bombardier trains, Johannesbourg

>>Algeria -v=nk_sci6BIJM
Can you compare these sleek trains with our locomotive trains?
Oga, this are not high speed trains....high speed trains are trains that has a speed of 250km/h or 160m/h and above. Older versions of high speed trains has a speed of 200km/h or 120m/h.
Guatrain in SA has a speed of 160km/h or 99m/h.

Algeria doesn't have high speed train either...they have tramways instead, get ur facts right.

I repeat, only Morocco has a high speed in Africa, as a matter of fact, it's still under construction.

If u're talking based on appearance of the train, fine...but calling duck a hen is not right for u.

Thanks.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Daviddson(m): 4:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
shervydman:

Oga, this are not high speed trains....high speed trains are trains that has a speed of 250km/h or 160m/h or above. Older versions of high speed trains has a speed of 200km/h or 120m/h.

How is it a high speed train?. I repeat, only Morocco has a high speed in Africa, as a matter of fact, it's still under construction.
OK, let's assume we're not majoring on speed now. What difference can you notice between our own trains and theirs?
Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by frankyychiji(f): 4:03pm On Jan 10, 2018
Jesusloveyou:
ask your ineffectual buffoon and PDP for 16yrs.
Also ask their patron- ibb since 1986
But don't you think it's wrong and wasteful to fly Yusuf to Germany for brain damage when Aro mental home is just within reach

13 Likes

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 10, 2018
Daviddson:
OK, let's assume we're not majoring on speed now. What difference can you notice between our own trains and theirs?
This one is a metro line....not really a heavy duty train.

All trains can't be d same and looks can be deceiving too. Generally, I think our coaches look awful compared to others but what matters is the efficiency.

9 Likes

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Daviddson(m): 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2018
shervydman:

This one is a metro line....not really a heavy duty train.

All trains can't be d same and looks can be deceiving too. Generally, I think our coaches look awful compared to others but what matters is the efficiency.
Looks matter, bro. Don't shy from that fact. IPhone is a great success today not just because of its internal components but also its alluring look.

4 Likes

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 10, 2018
Daviddson:
Looks matter, bro. Don't shy from that fact. IPhone is a great success today not just because of its internal components but also its alluring look.
Can u take a Lexus to battleground cos it looks sexy??

What I'm driving at is that.....every devices have different functions, SA is beautiful and developed than Nigeria, they deserve sexy train n they can maintain it too.

Let Nigeria develop and have maintenance culture like SA before demanding for sexy trains. wink

22 Likes

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Daviddson(m): 4:31pm On Jan 10, 2018
shervydman:

Can u take a Lexus to battleground cos it looks sexy??
What I'm driving at is that.....every devices have different functions, SA is beautiful and developed than Nigeria, they deserve sexy train n they can maintain it too.

Let Nigeria develop and have maintenance culture like SA before demanding for sexy trains. wink
Wetin concern train and sex nah? undecided.

What an insult: so Nigeria deserve wacky trains while we continue to claim giant of Africa? Issok. smiley

7 Likes

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
Daviddson:
See insult: so Nigeria deserve wacky trains while we continue to claim giant of Africa? Issok. smiley
Lol.

1 Like

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Horus(m): 8:24pm On Jan 10, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPUqZ99kz9k

Abuja Light rail nearing completion!
Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2018
� Impressive
Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by erico2k2(m): 9:20pm On Jan 10, 2018
shervydman:

Oga, this are not high speed trains....high speed trains are trains that has a speed of 250km/h or 160m/h and above. Older versions of high speed trains has a speed of 200km/h or 120m/h.

Algeria doesn't have high speed train either...they have tramways instead, get ur facts right.

I repeat, only Morocco has a high speed in Africa, as a matter of fact, it's still under construction.

If u're talking based on appearance of the train, fine...but calling duck a hen is not right for u.

Thanks.
have you been to South Africa and ALgeria b4? Even Egypt?

1 Like

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Uyeye(m): 9:21pm On Jan 10, 2018
angry

I am yet to travel by rail, let alone plane angry

3 Likes

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
Today is the 10th of January.
I am back on Nairaland since 10th of September 2017 when I was banned!!!
Mynd4whatever, I don't know what to say to you, but I will just say THANK YOU for all the partial things you are doing here!

Seun take note!

Nigeria will be great again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Antoeni(m): 9:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
GOD bless Minister Ameachi and PMB

2 Likes

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by 3rdavefarms(m): 9:24pm On Jan 10, 2018
Hope to see more
Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by tesppidd: 9:25pm On Jan 10, 2018
Daviddson:
See insult: so Nigeria deserve wacky trains while we continue to claim giant of Africa? Issok. smiley
so have you been schooled or not?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by engrjacuzzi: 9:25pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ameachi is the best performing minister in APC

3 Likes

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 10, 2018
In a jiffy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
Sino - African socio-economic multilateral cooperation is the bomb,

The Chinese are the new Frontier for neo-African upsurge of development in this millenia,

They helping in dismantling barriers to transregional economic growth in the African continental sphere,
Seaports
River ports
Airports,
Rail ways
Roads,
Water bridges,
Hydroelectric dams,
Industrial Parks for backward integration,
Satellite /space programmes,broad band Internet
Ict,
Steel,
Real Estate,
Education,
Tourism /hospitality,
Etc

Like frank sinatra, I did it my way, Africans are doing it the Chinese way

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Uyeye(m): 9:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
sad

I really wanna know why Nigeria is building railway in Niger Republic with borrowed money

Nigerian railway to Maradi in Niger Republic? No way!

UROWAYINO WARAMI 
8 JAN 2018

By chereome Nnanna

For some reasons unknown to me, Nigerians are no longer paying attention to things that matter about the way they are being ruled. They no longer pay attention to some of the things their rulers say. Otherwise, a strange item in President Muhammadu Buhari’s New Year Day speech should have brought millions of Nigerians to the streets in angry protests.

When first I listened to the President making that speech I could not believe my ears. So I had to wait until the mainstream media published the full text of the speech, and there it was in cold print: “Negotiations are also advanced for the construction of other railway lines, firstly from Kano to Maradi in Niger Republic passing through Kazaure, Daura, Katsina, Jibia to Maradi”.

Maradi is the third largest city in Niger Republic with a predominant Hausa/Fulani population. It is about an hour’s drive through a bumpy road from Jibia, the border town near Buhari’s hometown, Daura, in Katsina State. When I went to cover the 2007 presidential election in which Buhari ran on the All Nigerian People’s Party, ANPP, in 2007 and the late President Umaru Yar’ Adua of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, I had joined a team of journalists that went to Daura to visit Buhari for an interview. We also monitored the election in Jibia, which is a border town with Niger.

I realised how easy it was for people from the two countries to cross the rickety border post manned by a man dressed virtually in rags. He only smiled when we decided to set foot on Niger Republic soil. Indeed, it may interest Nigerians to know that Daura Emirate stretches deep into Maradi and Zinder Departments in Niger Republic. During the 2015 election, there were reports of thousands of people from Niger Republic crossing the porous borders to vote in an election that was none of the business of their country. In the far North Nigerian electoral officials hardly ask questions about the eligibility of voters. That is why you see millions of under-aged voters voting, and at the end the polls are declared “free and fair”.

Once Buhari achieved his life’s ambition of matching Olusegun Obasanjo’s feat as a former military ruler who became an elected President of Nigeria, his visit to Niger Republic became the first of the 22 foreign trips he made within 11 months before he was slowed down by ill-health. He was received by the President and people of Niger like a triumphant son back from the battlefield. Niger Republic President, Mahamadou Issoufou, gave him a white horse and a golden sword. In fact, Issoufou, in 2016, emblazoned Buhari’s photograph beside his own on vehicles during political campaigns.

I went into all this to let you know that the planned new Nigerian railway network from Kano through Daura and Jibia to Maradi in Niger Republic is a selfish project that has nothing to do with other Nigerians like you and me. Even though a president’s oath of office indicates: “….that I will not allow my personal interest to influence my official conducts or my official decisions…”, Nigerian presidents and governors brazenly disregard their oaths of office and oaths of allegiance and divert the state’s or nation’s resources to their pockets, and after that, to massively develop the infrastructures of their hometowns no matter how remote such places are.

For me, if Buhari had merely sought to connect his hometown, Daura, and even Jibia to the new national railway network, I would not have minded it too much, though it violates the principle of economic viability and bankability, which the largely borrowed funds will emphasise in order that we repay the debts in good time. The same logic that led the British colonialists to pass the Eastern rail line through Eha Amufu in today’s Enugu State and terminate it at Nguru in today’s Yobe State and pass the Western line through Kaura Namoda in today’s Zamfara State can also be adduced to extend the new rail network through Daura to Jibia, even if a president did not hail from there.

The offensive aspect is extending the railway 55 kilometres into a foreign land just because the President considers the region as part of his hometown.

When the Minister of Transport, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, was called upon by critics of this unviable extension of our railway to defend it, his response was vacuous and of very little use as a justification. By the way, the proposed new rail addition from Kano through Kazaure, Daura and Jibia to Maradi covers a whopping distance of 806 kilometres, which is more than the distance from Lagos to Abuja (779km) and Lagos to Calabar (770km). It is important for Nigerians to know the scale of the rail line and the amount of borrowed and oil money we are going to dump on this aspect of the project just to gratify the personal whims of the President.

Hear the Minister: “We realised that we had competitors for our landlocked neighbours, competitors like Ghana, Togo and even Benin Republic. Our landlocked neighbours are importing through these countries because we don’t have rail lines that go to them. So, to address the situation Mr President approved a rail line that will go to Maradi in Niger. But that rail line which will come from Kano to Maradi in Niger must pass through some cities. So the rail line passes through Kazaure, and then Daura before proceeding to Jibia and then Maradi”.

The questions the President and the Minister should answer are: Did “our competitors” like Ghana, Togo and Benin Republic build rail lines into Burkina Faso, Niger and Mali and thus stole the “competition” from Nigeria? The answer, obviously, is no. Secondly, why don’t we also extend the favour to Chad and Burkina Faso if indeed we need their patronage? Thirdly, what “competition” is Amaechi referring to? How much do Ghana, Togo and Benin Republic make from imports that our landlocked neighbours route through their countries that makes it enviable which Nigeria should scramble to snatch?

It would be a different ball game if Nigeria and Niger Republic signed a memorandum of understanding to share the cost of the rail line, each country taking the financial responsibility to build the lines that run through their respective territorial jurisdictions.

One thing Nigerians must never forget is that we are borrowing heavily from China, Europe and the Breton-Wood institutions to build our standard gauge railway network. Repayment for the loans which outlay is not available to me at this moment will span decades. Most of us will be gone from the surface of the earth while the repayment will devolve to our children and possibly their children.

This is why we must never keep silent when the ruling party and leaders so brazenly violate the nation’s interests and abuse their offices by throwing projects from these loans into unviable remote hamlets, including hamlets in a foreign country that happens to be a part of their hometown.

I am very sure that our National Assembly, especially the very responsive Senate, will thoroughly examine this railway plan and its funding and protect the interests of all Nigerians, including those of their future generations. Sanitising the implementation of this railway plan will be a prime opportunity to prove that this country belongs to all of us. Nobody, no matter how highly placed, will be allowed to take what belongs to all of us for himself and his kinsmen alone.

We are in a democracy, not a military autocracy. Even if we must accommodate Daura and Jibia to make Buhari happy, the rail line must NEVER be extended an inch into a foreign soil.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 10, 2018
Continuity is the essence of democracy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ayo Olowonihi: My Travails In The Hands Of Magu - EFCC Director / Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States / Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready For Use By Christmas 2022 – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.