Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? (4758 Views)

Emefiele: Nigeria Under Buhari Has Defeated Ethnic And Religious Bigotry – Group / These Monikers Promoting Tribalism,ethnic Bigotry Should Stop Or Risk Been Ban / Ochereome Nnanna Vows Not To Resign As Vanguard Editorial Board Over Bigotry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by PenisCaP: 4:55pm On Jan 10, 2018
LionDeLeo:

Typo always takes the blame. Typos everywhere.

Hehehehe u are jobless..
And also backward.

2 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by horsepower101: 4:55pm On Jan 10, 2018
zendy:

Well the Igbos aint begging to be part of 'one Nigeria'. They even once fought a war so as not to be part of Nigeria.

So it is you Nigerians who want Igbos to be part of 'one Nigeria' that have to accomodate Igbos

Igbos dont have to accomodate you people

Well said

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by LionDeLeo: 4:56pm On Jan 10, 2018
PenisCaP:

Hehehehe u are jobless..
And also backward.
The jobful one, why are spamming my mention with junks? Can't you simply move on with your job and "advancement"?

3 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by PenisCaP: 4:57pm On Jan 10, 2018
LionDeLeo:

The jobfull one, why are spamming my mention with junks? Can't you simply move on with your job and "advancement"?

Grow up!!..

2 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by LionDeLeo: 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2018
PenisCaP:

Grow up!!..
How is it your business, grand pa?

2 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by PenisCaP: 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2018
LionDeLeo:

How is it your business, grand pa?

Chai!! grin

2 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Alariwo2: 5:02pm On Jan 10, 2018
intruxive:
Bro, it can NEVER happen. These people are genetically insecure. they are so insecure that they dont want you to understand their language. Am guessing their forefathers warned them to be vigilant so that they are not enslaved totally AGAIN grin
Word has it that they are descendants of escaped slaves from Uganda lipsrsealed

It's really disheartening..

Most Yoruba businessmen I know don't have any investments in the region due to their hostile nature.
Even dangote gets series of attacks from time to time and his trucks burnt simply because he isn't igbo.
It's not fair.

2 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Alariwo2: 5:07pm On Jan 10, 2018
Still waiting for the Igbos here to prove me wrong..

I always speak the truth even if it hurts.

2 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Alariwo2: 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ths time to act is now..

An igbo backed group is demanding for equal rights as Yorubas in Yorubaland but someone here is telling me Igbos need not tolerate anyone.
Where is that done for God's sake?

2 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by intruxive(m): 5:12pm On Jan 10, 2018
Alariwo2:

Most Yoruba businessmen I know don't have any investments in the region due to their hostile nature.
Even dangote gets series of attacks from time to time and his trucks burnt simply because he isn't igbo.
It's not fair.
Apart from that, out of the entire tribes in nigeria, they are the only ones who wish evil on everyone else including themselves.
Check the news, tbey are the only tribe to wish buharis son death for just been a presidents son, they are the only who hopes the country can just collapse because they left their enclave underdeveloped while making it unattractive to investors from outside.
The truth is, no one thinks of igbo land for any investment...... maiduguri is preferable

2 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by LionDeLeo: 5:20pm On Jan 10, 2018
intruxive:

Apart from that, out of the entire tribes in nigeria, they are the only ones who wish evil on everyone else including themselves.
Check the news, tbey are the only tribe to wish buharis son death for just been a presidents son, they are the only who hopes the country can just collapse because they left their enclave underdeveloped while making it unattractive to investors from outside.
The truth is, no one thinks of igbo land for any investment...... maiduguri is preferable
The whole truth.

2 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by ArodeTsolaye: 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2018
Alariwo2:
[s]

Leave Fulanis and face the topic..

Why are Igbos not as welcoming and tolerating as others?

If every other tribe acts same way as Igbos, do you think you'll see business or trade to do?[/s]

Your name says you are an empty-headed noisemaker. grin

You cry, wail and lament against Biafra yet you claim they are intolerant. Why should I strive to explain anything to your empty-skull when you are too daft to explain to yourself why you want to live with 'intolerant Ibos' under 'one nigeria?
grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Reelectbuhari: 5:37pm On Jan 10, 2018
Alariwo2:

We must not keep quiet and allow this to go on in this 21st century..

Yorubas, Hausas, Fulanis, Ijawa etc. should start forming parties and contest elections in the South East.
We must break that backward mentality so far they remain Nigerians.

don't try igbos....u can't win...

don't try them.....

u can't get any single vote from them

2 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Cherez: 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
OP, Mr. Alariwo please take my advice politely.
You need to come out of your pre-mediated beliefs and travel round Nigeria and at least spend 5yrs in each region before you come out with this proof.
In Lagos where an Igbo man won a Rep position, the area is predominantly Igbos. Point out any location not predominantly a tribe led by same tribe in any part of Nigeria. PLEASE MENTION THOSE PLACES HERE.
Truly, I think any act an average Nigerian does if its Igbos it receives unnecessary attention (I stand to be corrected)). Where in Nigeria not in the SE is an Igbo man a councillor/ward, etc like you opined? Igbos travel, pay for everything they get elsewhere or were they given free?
Most times, the lands they bought are resold and they persist.

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Cherez: 6:10pm On Jan 10, 2018
Alariwo2:

It's not fair.
Did you just say Yoruba men don't have businesses in the east?
Now listen, most Igbo men too don't. See, not every location in Nigeria is viable for business and Nigeria being predominantly oil-related in business has its businesses centered in defined locations.
Again, certain factors drive business, viz: 1) Closeness to a seaport/Airport 2) Access Roads/railways 3) Population 4) Location of Strategic/diplomatic facilities.
Now place all locations of high revenue base in Nigeria and see how they do well in all four.
Due to the war which is yes the fault of the SE (I agree but I wont hesitate if someone kills my family today too) we are replete in all these. So, business in the SE is thriving due to the doggedness of the people as doing business there isnt easy. Imagine moving a business venture to the east with all the bad roads?
Bros, nothing in the east stops anyone from doing business there once you have your capacity.
Most markets owned by Igbos in Lagos have been demolished (NOTE that I am not against this cos it is good development if modern markets are built) but the igbos regroup, pay heavily and still build modern markets like the one in tradefair Ojo, Lagos.
I heard someone say Igbos don't sell lands to foreigners and I laughed my heart out. Same Igbo ;man can do anything for money but won't sell you land for money?
You mention Dangote trucks being burnt because he is not Igbo?
Please bros, which part of SE have you been to before cos you really sound off the point (politely saying).
Dangote drivers are known to be very reckless and even wicked like some other truck drivers and the SE isnt the only place where his vehicles have been burnt for such. In the SE, people hardly kill or burn for accident (go and check this fact) if you were calm..
I was at an accident venue by one of Dangote's truck, the driver was stopped and the guy brought out dagger threatening people whom were asking him to take his victims to the hospital. I learnt the truck was burnt later.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Fawklicant: 6:24pm On Jan 10, 2018
Alariwo2:
It's no news that the igbos from south eastern part of Nigeria are found in every corner of the country.

They live freely and give birth as they like in other regions without getting stigmatized. Their kids grow up among other ethnic groups and contest for leadership positions in any community they find themselves.

South East on the other hand is a "no go area" for other ethnic groups as you won't get the free hand to do whatever you like.

A yoruba or Hausa man cannot become ward councillor.

When are we going to see Nairaland topics like.. Igbo group appoints a Yoruba/ Hausa man president?
I don't think I've ever come across such.

Before you talk too much about an issue you know next to nothing about, ill ask you to do a census of other tribes in igbo land and tell me your findings. How many Yoruba people travel or even settle in other places asides major cities like ph and Abuja? Before you make it an igbo issue, ask yourself how many Yoruba's hold political aspirations in benue or plateau or Calabar? Of course you've not reasoned that part because to you everyone else that is not Yoruba or hausa/fulani is igbo.

Even in Abuja, how many of other tribes have sought political aspirations? Igbos are ambitious and adventurous, you can't blame them for it. That's why you see them in every corner of Nigeria no matter how remote the place is. Oga complainant, travel and see!

9 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Fawklicant: 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2018
Cherez:
OP, Mr. Alariwo please take my advice politely.
You need to come out of your pre-mediated beliefs and travel round Nigeria and at least spend 5yrs in each region before you come out with this proof.
In Lagos where an Igbo man won a Rep position, the area is predominantly Igbos. Point out any location not predominantly a tribe led by same tribe in any part of Nigeria. PLEASE MENTION THOSE PLACES HERE.
Truly, I think any act an average Nigerian does if its Igbos it receives unnecessary attention (I stand to be corrected)). Where in Nigeria not in the SE is an Igbo man a councillor/ward, etc like you opined? Igbos travel, pay for everything they get elsewhere or were they given free?
Most times, the lands they bought are resold and they persist.

Thanks

He is just a mischief maker who hasn't seen Lagos toll gate before but likes threads like this so that he and his ignorant ilk can self-service off it till eternity.

5 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by archangel1(m): 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2018
Objective and verifiable response:
1) stereotyped fear and difficulties in competing with Igbo race in commerce by other ethnic groups: Yorubas are in the East doing their businesses but their major challenge is stiff competition from the Igbo hosts.for instance, If Igbos 99 percent dominate major markets like Alaba and Dei-dei international markets outside their abode, is in it their land that you will dominate them? So other ethnic groups are residing in the East but comparatively low because of
the above reasons which they see as intolerance. They are many northern beggars blocking church and market gates in the East for alms almost daily, if Igbos are not tolerant they couldn't have accommodated them.

2) Comparative Low Land Mass: this is another major factor that looks as if Igbos are not accommodating. This factor make land ownership in the region stiffer even among the indigenes. But interestingly today, because
of rising government and organised private sector in estate development, many non indigenes are having access to property which most of them will at the end of the day rent out to indigenes. Eg. A famous plaza along Awka road, Onitsha was seized and forfeited to federal Govt. The said building was later auctioned to a Yorubaman around 2006. The said buyer instead rented it to willing Igbo traders instead of his kinsmen who are not forthcoming with enough cash.

3) protracted and programmed neglect of siting sensitive federal presence within the region: this singular factor renderd the region as a mere commercial region, hence making it lest attractive for other ethnic groups who are not petty traders to reside.

Other reasons uploading,.......�

2 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Fawklicant: 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2018
Alariwo2:

It's not fair.

Your ignorance is nauseating to say the least. Please prove your above assertions or forever shut it. You wouldn't know anything about investments even if you saw one. Pray tell, show me Yoruba businesses in any other part of Nigeria asides Yoruba land and abuja/ph. There are six geopolitical zones in Nigeria, SE is just one. Name from others let me hear.

5 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by archangel1(m): 7:13pm On Jan 10, 2018
4) Igbos have comparative predominant population bloc in many states: because of the above fact, their chances
of getting political appointments and elective posts will be high in relation to other non indigenes co-residing with them in many states. Technically, their bloc votes can make a lot of impact in some states of the federation.In a similar factor, most objective administrators see them of enterprising and agents of developments both in rural and urban areas,hence the need to bring them nearer to government house for strategic and higher assignments. An investigation, will show you that the states that they are less are are among the poorest states( especially in bubbling business activities and internally generated revenues) in Nigeria. Eg. Zamfara and kebbi. In other words, if a particular ethnic group have the same population bloc and properties in the South East, they will equally have the same chances and impact.

5 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by TheKingdom: 7:22pm On Jan 10, 2018
Alariwo2:

It's not fair.

Nonsense, almost all the military personnel since 1970 in the East have been almost all non-Igbo, all those police carrying bribes from motorist non-Igbo, the killings of Igbo people from Fulani herdsmen nko? No seaport no airport no nothing federal and you expect Igbo to just stay in their land so that Okorocha can be building statues of corrupt leaders like himself

2 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 10, 2018
ArodeTsolaye:
Fulani dey massacre you and your zoogerian brothers but na Ibo be your problem.

Dust from Skull-mining activities must have blocked the arteries supplying your brain with oxygen. E pele!
Alariwo2 is as confused as AP-Cheat

1 Like

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Alariwo2: 7:41pm On Jan 10, 2018
imhotep:

Alariwo2 is as confused as AP-Cheat

So you guys can't come up with one single link to counter my points?

Deep down, you know these things are true but you don't want people to talk about it.

1 Like

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by obonujoker(m): 7:47pm On Jan 10, 2018
Alariiwo is not Yoruba... pls be advised... he is an aboki also running "jesuslovesyou" moniker....

2 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by archangel1(m): 7:48pm On Jan 10, 2018
For empahasis, in famous places like Bida road, Ilorin street, Haruna street, Kano street, Skoto road,basden street, lafiaji, Iheijirika street(where the oba Yoruba community of Onitsha is residing today) Fegge Layout, Bridgehead layout etc all in Onitsha; 90 percent of the businesses and properties where hitherto owned by the forebears of Northerners and south westners but inability of descendants to persevere and compete with fierce Igbo traders and perhaps, millions of Naira priced for the said properties in the recent years, enabled maximum reselling. Can one call this intolerance?
Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Alariwo2: 7:53pm On Jan 10, 2018
archangel1:
For empahasis, in famous places like Bida road, Ilorin street, Haruna street, Kano street, Skoto road,basden street, lafiaji, Iheijirika street(where the oba Yoruba community of Onitsha is residing today) Fegge Layout, Bridgehead layout etc all in Onitsha; 90 percent of the businesses and properties where hitherto owned by the forebears of Northerners and south westners but inability of descendants to persevere and compete with fierce Igbo traders and perhaps, millions of Naira priced for the said properties in the recent years, enabled maximum reselling. Can one call this intolerance?

Yes.. It's still intolerance in disguise.

Others can as well place high price on theirs to make life unbearable for igbos.
Would you be happy with that and accept being incompetent beside Yorubas or Hausas??

1 Like

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 10, 2018
Alariwo2:

So you guys can't come up with one single link to counter my points?

you made no points, only recycling rumors
Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Cherez: 7:58pm On Jan 10, 2018
Alariwo2:

Yes.. It's still intolerance in disguise.

Others can as well place high price on theirs to make life unbearable for igbos.
Would you be happy with that and accept being incompetent beside Yorubas or Hausas??
It's obvious you are not here to reason together but to waltz in your wrong beliefs.

3 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Alariwo2: 7:59pm On Jan 10, 2018
obonujoker:
Alariiwo is not Yoruba... pls be advised... he is an aboki also running "jesuslovesyou" moniker....

This your method of cheap blackmail is stale.. try harder.

I'm proudly Odua.. Both parents pure Yorubas.
I'm not hybrid ok? Bye!

1 Like

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by mightyhaze: 8:02pm On Jan 10, 2018
zendy:

Well the Igbos aint begging to be part of 'one Nigeria'. They even once fought a war so as not to be part of Nigeria.

So it is you Nigerians who want Igbos to be part of 'one Nigeria' that have to accomodate Igbos

Igbos dont have to accomodate you people
v solid response!
Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by obonujoker(m): 8:03pm On Jan 10, 2018
Alariwo2:

This your method of cheap blackmail is stale.. try harder.

I'm proudly Odua.. Both parents pure Yorubas.
I'm not hybrid ok? Bye!

You are a big liar... yorubas are not hateful goats....

1 Like

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Alariwo2: 8:03pm On Jan 10, 2018
Cherez:

It's obvious you are not here to reason together but to waltz in your wrong beliefs.

Do you know I have friends and family members that have stayed in the East?

Even NYSC has exposed so many wrongs going on in the South East. Youth corpers serving there always look forward to their POP and most don't stay back after service.
Ask around if you doubt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rebutting PremiumTimes: Atiku's Real Server Reports / Nigerian Embassies Steal Visa Fees, Says Auditor-general / Senate President To Step Down Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.