Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze (22709 Views)

Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches / Bishop Chukwuma: I Didn’t Dare Government Over Closure Of Churches In Enugu / Daddy Freeze: Prosperity Doctrine Is Fraudulent & Satanic From The Pits Of Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by ReinaFarine: 10:11pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ucheamani:

... Jehovah's Witnesses are not part of this please. That's why they neither belong to CAN nor celebrate unbiblical holidays like easter and Christmas which the 1st century Christians never celebrated.
It is not possible for 2 people to believe different things and yet be worshipping the same God.

Eating Unclean and Unholy Meat

I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

For neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

Paul and James and contradictory believes on the gospel to the gentiles concerning circumcision, eating food with unwashed hands, and other mosaic law found in Leviticus...
Paul upholded grace, Peter upholder the law.
One God!
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Ucheamani(m): 10:12pm On Jan 10, 2018
OBINERO:
Idiot when you were in school during exam, the way you answer a particular question is it the same way others answer theirs (considering your choice of word) meanwhile you people answered the same question?
... The bible is no exam paper, it is the living word of God inspired by God's holy spirit. Those led in spirit are thus united in the same line of thought.
1cor 1: 10 " 10 Now I urge you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you should all speak in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you, but that you may be completely united in the same mind and in the same line of thought"
There is no room for diverse interpretation in true Christianity
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by tonytony208(m): 10:16pm On Jan 10, 2018
thesicilian:
Why has Freeze chosen to make himself the accuser of the brethren?
A person's understanding of any book is dependent on several factors. Every student cannot get the same score in an exam even if they read the same textbook. No two children of the same father has the same DNA.
At the end of the day what we consider and fight for as most important (tithes, G.O, denomination etc) may be completely different from what God looks at in judging who is fit for the kingdom and who's not.

Stop this your impulsive blindness. Ask yourself also, why the brethren gave place to the accuser. The accuser wouldn't accuse the brethren if the brethren didn't do things worthy of accusation.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by purpledferanmi1: 10:17pm On Jan 10, 2018
your point is not salient enough. you only used the short-cut in buttressing your point.
in all fairness, y do doctrines differ, if truly there's nothing behind it.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by tonytony208(m): 10:18pm On Jan 10, 2018
Leonbonapart:
Because you are a foolish anti-christ that can only deceive baby Christians.

If this one doesn't tells you that this man is anti-christ, then you are not a Christian

He is not Antichrist. An Antichrist attacks Christ. Freeze isn't attacking Christ. He is attacking the false doctrine promulgated by your pastors.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by cyrilamx(m): 10:25pm On Jan 10, 2018
Far from what you think am insinuating. You Christ died and rose to present a divided house to his father an yet He prayed in Jn. 17 that his followers be one? In Jn 10 He emphasised that there shall be one Shepherd and one flock. Don't get me wrong Christians of other denominations will enter God's Kingdom, even Muslims and animists...all depends on ur living well in tune with moral laws as Romans 2 will tell us that those outside the law wil be judged without reference to the law
What am saying that Christ is the invisible head of the Church and he made Peter his representative when he changed his name from Simon to Peter and giving him the key to heavens...decision taking. Cf Matt. 16:16-20. So every successor of Peter from history came to be called pope. Or u telling me u love the confusion going on in Christianity owing everyone setting up his own Church , claiming G.Os, making it a family affair? For once the difference members St Paul referred to ain't denominations rather different organisations/departments/societies within a church that provide varied spiritualities. Why can't say redeem, winners, deeper life, mountain of fire merge under one head and still retain distinct spirituality they claim to preach? So my take is God is not happy with the great division in his Church. Read Church history and see what led to these divisions...
Zanas:

So you're literally claiming that anyone who is not part of the Catholic church is not a true Christian and is not part of the family of Christ? What a joke!!! So in your reasoning, the only qualification for being part of God's family is to belong to the Catholic church? I guess all Catholics are going to heaven then and all non Catholics are not. Listen, the only qualification to be part of the church is to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and accept him into your life as your lord and saviour. It's not the denomination that you belong to that makes you part of the church or not
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Iamzik: 10:25pm On Jan 10, 2018
oglalasioux:

You got the wrong guy. All 'holy' books are full of lies.

That's your opinion and it's not necessarily the fact.
Even science is not absolute.

Everyone is on a journey to discovery. Learn to discover your own truth and stop castigating what other people believe in.

That you think a book is not Holy in your little bubble doesn't make it so for those who believe in it.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Zanas: 10:28pm On Jan 10, 2018
cyrilamx:
Far from what you think am insinuating. You Christ died and rose to present a divided house to his father an yet He prayed in Jn. 17 that his followers be one? In Jn 10 He emphasised that there shall be one Shepherd and one flock. Don't get me wrong Christians of other denominations will enter God's Kingdom, even Muslims and animists...all depends on ur living well in tune with moral laws as Romans 2 will tell us that those outside the law wil be judged without reference to the law
What am saying that Christ is the invisible head of the Church and he made Peter his representative when he changed his name from Simon to Peter and giving him the key to heavens...decision taking. Cf Matt. 16:16-20. So every successor of Peter from history came to be called pope. Or u telling me u love the confusion going on in Christianity owing everyone setting up his own Church , claiming G.Os, making it a family affair? For once the difference members St Paul referred to ain't denominations rather different organisations/departments/societies within a church that provide varied spiritualities. Why can't say redeem, winners, deeper life, mountain of fire merge under one head and still retain distinct spirituality they claim to preach? So my take is God is not happy with the great division in his Church. Read Church history and see what led to these divisions...
You're just beating about the bush, answer my question. Are you saying that anyone who is not part of the Catholic church is not a real Christian and is not part of God's family? Even if such a person believes and has accepted Jesus into his life?
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by OkCornel(m): 10:29pm On Jan 10, 2018
killsmith:
are you not ashamed to worship the god of the people who raped your mothers and enslaved your fathers?

SHAME!

Would you rather worship the gods of your maternal/paternal ancestors who might have committed genocides on other tribes or communities to preserve themselves so that you can exist and type what you are typing today?

Would you rather worship the gods of your ancestors that requested for human sacrifice in form of virgins, babies or war captives? undecided

Is that a better alternative? Please enlighten us...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Ucheamani(m): 10:30pm On Jan 10, 2018
ReinaFarine:

Eating Unclean and Unholy Meat

I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

For neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

Paul and James and contradictory believes on the gospel to the gentiles concerning circumcision, eating food with unwashed hands, and other mosaic law found in Leviticus...
Paul upholded grace, Peter upholder the law.
One God!
Thank you for that submission. But please read Acts 15 to see how this controversy was resolved in Jerusalem through the holy spirit.
15 Now some men came down from Ju·deʹa and began to teach the brothers: “Unless you get circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.” 2 But after quite a bit of dissension and disputing by Paul and Barʹna·bas with them, it was arranged for Paul, Barʹna·bas, and some of the others to go up to the apostles and elders in Jerusalem regarding this issue.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by dondavinchi(m): 10:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
The problem with d black man is dat he is too religious, we just keep lying to ourselves, other religions still believe in God they r too much of contradictions on the Christian doctrine dat alone raise a eyebrows.
From my understanding d Muslims still believe in God bt don't hv too much of contradictions lik d Christian folks. For example Muslim hv a general doctrine all over d world bt from d Christian it is a no no no thing. N dat alone is a serious reason why one need to see things frm d other side
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Nik77: 10:46pm On Jan 10, 2018
deafeyez:
The same MATHEMATICS question can be approached in different ways and the same answer gotten. cheesy

So you're equating mathematics with religion?
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by cyrilamx(m): 11:08pm On Jan 10, 2018
Go back to my post. I have not not so. I only tell you that division of Christianity is a great wound and a scandal. I took u through the Scriptures and history. So for those who are innocent, God knows them and rec them...for those who know yet still persist in error. Hmmm. You wanna tell me these pastors and G.Os don't know, but how will they continue to enrich themselves if they tell the congregation the truth?
Zanas:

You're just beating about the bush, answer my question. Are you saying that anyone who is not part of the Catholic church is not a real Christian and is not part of God's family? Even if such a person believes and has accepted Jesus into his life?
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by deafeyez: 11:16pm On Jan 10, 2018
Nik77:

So you're equating mathematics with religion?
And is there anything wrong with that.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by doctorbabs(m): 12:11am On Jan 11, 2018
This should serve as eyes opener to the christiane.

Also in addition to what daddy freeze said... Why protestant. Bible contains66 chapters while catholic own compains 73 and bible said one should not add or substract to it and. Why too many versions..why?
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by delpee(f): 12:17am On Jan 11, 2018
dondavinchi:
The problem with d black man is dat he is too religious, we just keep lying to ourselves, other religions still believe in God they r too much of contradictions on the Christian doctrine dat alone raise a eyebrows.
From my understanding d Muslims still believe in God bt don't hv too much of contradictions lik d Christian folks. For example Muslim hv a general doctrine all over d world bt from d Christian it is a no no no thing. N dat alone is a serious reason why one need to see things frm d other side

Not exactly so about Muslims. Things have changed lately. There's Sunni, Wahhabi, Sufi, Shi'ite, Boko Haram, ISIS, Al Qaeda etc all claiming to be pious Muslims. The reality is that they're all interpreting the Quran and Hadith differently.

For Christians, the Holy Spirit ministers to us differently. Our levels of understanding differs too not to mention the deliberate twisting of the scriptures to suit personal objectives in some cases. God's words remain the same no matter what.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by emmydoaka: 12:33am On Jan 11, 2018
No more pernicious nonsense will be condole again on this man. The most savage controversies is that he's misleading d feebles through his false doctrine! shocked
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by otopxy: 12:49am On Jan 11, 2018
The Bible isn't the problem, the problem is what people think they know about the biblr
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by skedman(m): 1:01am On Jan 11, 2018
Leonbonapart:
Because you are a foolish anti-christ that can only deceive baby Christians.

If this one doesn't tells you that this man is anti-christ, then you are not a Christian
odeeeee no wisdom ,no knowledge.a vital question is been ask instead of you to answer or think why this is so .you are here shouting anti christ. One bible many doctrine. But one quaran one doctrine .
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Ken4Christ: 1:02am On Jan 11, 2018
The real answer is because the Church is blind to the days we are living in. We are in the dispensation of grace and the teachings we ought to follow are the teachings of our Lord Jesus and his Apostles. But ignorant ministers still base some of their doctrines on the Law of Moses which has been abolished.

If We stick to what Jesus and the Apostles taught, there will be little or no contradiction.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Sazunonni(m): 3:25am On Jan 11, 2018
You must be insane.
And the devil speaks through u.
[color=#990000][/color]
killsmith:
Simple.

The Bible is a tool the whiteman used for their social engineering.

The whiteman gave us the Bible to wipe off our history, brainwash us and disconnect us from our root.

That is why you see black people claiming "children of Israel".

How can the blacks be descendants of Israel when the black race is the oldest race on earth?....

Wake up black people.
Christianity is a scam.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Sazunonni(m): 3:29am On Jan 11, 2018
Who says one quran, one doctrine? Will u Sharap there..
Just as people misinterpret the Bible so do people misinterpret the Quran. Try use brain.
skedman:
odeeeee no wisdom ,no knowledge.a vital question is been ask instead of you to answer or think why this is so .you are here shouting anti christ. One bible many doctrine. But one quaran one doctrine .
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Nobody: 5:06am On Jan 11, 2018
Why the war on Christianity? I hope he enjoys his cheap popularity... Guy is lucky Christians are not violent.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by OkCornel(m): 5:45am On Jan 11, 2018
doctorbabs:
This should serve as eyes opener to the christiane.

Also in addition to what daddy freeze said... Why protestant. Bible contains66 chapters while catholic own compains 73 and bible said one should not add or substract to it and. Why too many versions..why?

God didn't come down from Heaven to write the Bible...

What you have as Catholic or Protestant Bibles today are;

1) Decisions made by a few men (Council of Nicaea) to judge on which writings (now known as books of the bible) should form what is carried around as Bible today

2) As for the Protestant Bible, I don't know exactly how or who removed 7 books from the Bible (and turned them to Apochyrpha or something of that nature)

Bottom line is...when the perfect word of God is codified by imperfect men and brandished as the "complete" word of God for countless generations to follow...I just laugh

Have you also bothered to consider the clerical errors and text manipulations involved in the process of converting the word of God from Hebrew & Aramaic to Greek & Latin and from there into English? Do you know that these errors or manipulations can change the meaning of the original message passed across?

Have you also bothered to consider the gradual depreciation and dilution of the "word of God" in subsequent Bible versions after Geneva 1599 and KJV?

Pathetic I must say...
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by orisa37: 5:57am On Jan 11, 2018
It is like different Political Parties operating the same national Constitution.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by InvertedHammer: 6:03am On Jan 11, 2018
thesicilian:
Why has Freeze chosen to make himself the accuser of the brethren?
A person's understanding of any book is dependent on several factors. Every student cannot get the same score in an exam even if they read the same textbook. No two children of the same father has the same DNA.
At the end of the day what we consider and fight for as most important (tithes, G.O, denomination etc) may be completely different from what God looks at in judging who is fit for the kingdom and who's not
/

That is the confusion he is pointing out. So it is human misguided interpretations and not God's will all these while.

Who decides which doctrine is right?

//
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Psoul(m): 6:24am On Jan 11, 2018
Why do two persons that witnessed the same event at the same time and place have variance in telling that same story. Why do they even disagree and fight for that same story, the other trying to make his brother to accept his own version of the story they witnessed tha same time and place.

Freeze, Freeze, Freeze.......how many times did i call u? E be like say devil has freeze ur brain and mind.

Don't even think u are doing God or Christ a favour by these ur silly behaviour. Saul (later became Paul) thought he was doing favour to God when he was persecuting the early Christians until God met him on his way. Freeze or whatever u answers, u may not have Saul's grace. God may not give u that chance. Mend ur ways.

See, wen Saul was doing all those things thinking he will stop the gospel, he never knew that his action spurred the progress of the gospel. So no matter what u do, u can not kill this gospel, u are very too small to get closer to killing the gospel. Rather, you will end up messing ur life up.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by philoedu(m): 6:55am On Jan 11, 2018
Really, ! But I think, it has to do with method and procedure of worship.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by WONDERS001(m): 7:18am On Jan 11, 2018
killsmith:
instead of throwing insults, how about you challenge yourself and give a logical argument?

Are you blind?
what logic do you need?

A man is playing out is satanic mandate against the church and you ask for logic?
Gradually, freeze's mission is getting clearer.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by Badluck(m): 7:25am On Jan 11, 2018
It is very simple. There is no standard way of worshipping GOD in Christianity. Every church and every pastor even of the same faith preach, pray and do as he feel on every occasion.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by killsmith(f): 7:32am On Jan 11, 2018
WONDERS001:

Are you blind?
what logic do you need?

A man is playing out is satanic mandate against the church and you ask for logic?
get out of my mentions if you cannot think properly. Always blaming Stan that you have never set your eyes on.
Re: Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze by killsmith(f): 7:32am On Jan 11, 2018
WONDERS001:

Are you blind?
what logic do you need?

do you mean this church?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oblate Eusebius Burial Photos. Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade Nigeria Buried / Stones Of Fire: Courtesy Of Dr. Daniel K. Olukoya / T.B. Joshua Celebrates His 53rd Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.