Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,888 members, 7,806,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw (14537 Views)

This African Tribe Has Giant Scrotum And They Sit On It Like A Pillow / How Carnival, Efik Calabar Culture Was Transported To Caribbean / EFIK / IBIBIO NAMES - NEEDED (HELP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by scholes0(m): 7:52am On Jun 21, 2018
ariesbull:

Why you still dey argue ? Yoruba food are the best in Galaxy

WHY are you here? to come and talk about the topic or to come and blab about Yoruba?

6 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by ariesbull: 7:52am On Jun 21, 2018
Moneywomen17:
take a look at why yoruba are here.

I have seen it and why don't you just ignore and move on...Yoruba food is in a class of its own and not to be "compared" with Calabar and Igbo foods

Are you happy now ?
Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by Moneywomen17(m): 7:53am On Jun 21, 2018
scholes0:

lol, let anybody keep decieving his/herself that THIS right here is not some good ish.

Awon onirase. grin

I am going to make an entire thread of Yoruba cuisine from the hinterlands cutting across every state and region in our domain very soon.
please do I will appreciate I have lived in ekiti abd ondo before and so many other state in Nigeria and nothing can compare to the soup wey I chop from there especially the village soup o boy na why I no fit marry anybody apart from Yoruba be that. My wife must come from the village that soup u post up there is making me hungry already it’s very appetizing . If I may ask where are u from

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by Moneywomen17(m): 7:58am On Jun 21, 2018
ariesbull:

I have seen it and why don't you just ignore and move on...Yoruba food is in a class of its own and not to be "compared" with Calabar and Igbo foods

Are you happy now ?
ignoring things can be gud some times but there is a lot of times u have to reply people so they don’t think the things they say are fact cuz if I did not reply that guy insulting my people food he would get away with it and soon others like him will rise up and keep saying the same thing and with times it will become truth. Tell me where did the stereotype of Yoruba doesn’t have soup come from if it’s not because Yoruba ignores. When next people create about themselves leave Yoruba out of it if u don’t want yoruba to reply.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by Moneywomen17(m): 7:58am On Jun 21, 2018
scholes0:

WHY are you here? to come and talk about the topic or to come and blab about Yoruba?
he is here to blab about Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by scholes0(m): 7:59am On Jun 21, 2018
Moneywomen17:
please do I will appreciate I have lived in ekiti abd ondo before and so many other state in Nigeria and nothing can compare to the soup wey I chop from there especially the village soup o boy na why I no fit marry anybody apart from Yoruba be that. My wife must come from the village that soup u post up there is making me hungry already it’s very appetizing . If I may ask where are u from

will do when I have the time.

At this point, there is no point continuing to even talk here... ABi no be so?
Let the Nsalas and the Bangas continue their competition.

3 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by scholes0(m): 7:59am On Jun 21, 2018
Moneywomen17:
he is here to blab about Yoruba.

It is obvious.

He just bumped in with his premonitions about Yoruba to talk chit.

4 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by Moneywomen17(m): 8:01am On Jun 21, 2018
scholes0:

will do when I have the time.

At this point, there is no point continuing to even talk here... ABi no be so?
Let the Nsalas and the Bangas continue their competition.
yes please do when u have time make them see awesome Yoruba soup everywhere na only ewedu and gbegiri dem know I too will be out of this thread my point is already proven. Cheers man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by Moneywomen17(m): 8:01am On Jun 21, 2018
scholes0:

It is obvious.

He just bumped in with his premonitions about Yoruba to talk chit.
lol

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by Moneywomen17(m): 8:07am On Jun 21, 2018
Probz:

Yoruba people have the best stews for rice hands down. Including olori ofada. I’m talking purely about soups. At least follow the thread.

My point is Yorubas have some quite tasty foods on the whole but they’re not known for nutritious soups save they’re from Ondo state. Mention gizdodo, asun, olori ofada, red ayamase and ikokore all you want. That’s got nothing to do with what I’m saying about soups for swallow a few states excepted.
u mean Yoruba people have the best stew for rice despite the ingredient being “just oil and pepper Yoruba and pepper” u said Yoruba are not know for nutritious soup save they are from some state(ondo and ekiti), my question to u is are ekiti and ondo u mentioned not Yoruba I mean why exempt them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by Probz(m): 9:27am On Jun 21, 2018
Moneywomen17:
don’t mind them the dumbass probably doesn’t know wat obe shapa one of the best delicacy of Yoruba especially in places like ondo, akure and the ijebu eats it a lot too. No be their fault na Yoruba wey no give them befitting reply.

Did you read any of my posts beyond the first page?

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by fero007: 10:05am On Jun 21, 2018
ariesbull:
These Yoruba folks insecurities wouldn't kill una ...they said and compare Igbo food , Efik and Urhobo you guys are bringing your own food . I don't get it

What is wrong with people

Actually this thread is to know the best soups/foods in Nigeria, between all tribes and not limited to the title. I just put those 5 tribes cuz they have the best food I've eaten but then there's so much I've not eaten, like all these ondo foods, where can one get them in akure?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by ariesbull: 10:32am On Jun 21, 2018
fero007:

Actually this thread is to know the best soups/foods in Nigeria, between all tribes and not limited to the title. I just put those 5 tribes cuz they have the best food I've eaten but then there's so much I've not eaten, like all these ondo foods, where can one get them in akure?

Chairman read the title and get back to me

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by ariesbull: 10:33am On Jun 21, 2018
Moneywomen17:
u mean Yoruba people have the best stew for rice despite the ingredient being “just oil and pepper Yoruba and pepper” u said Yoruba are not know for nutritious soup save they are from some state(ondo and ekiti), my question to u is are ekiti and ondo u mentioned not Yoruba I mean why exempt them.

Which tribe did UN said where stunted again
Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by kunleweb: 10:37am On Jun 21, 2018
We find the slightest excuse for tribal fights.
Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by viscerion: 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2018
ariesbull:

Chairman read the title and get back to me

is he not the OP? is he not the one that wrote the title? nw he's telling you what he meant and you are arguing

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by ariesbull: 12:51pm On Jun 21, 2018
viscerion:

is he not the OP? is he not the one that wrote the title? nw he's telling you what he meant and you are arguing

It's only a mad man that would say something and mean something else. I didn't see Yoruba in the topic ..maybe in his dream he meant Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by fero007: 1:09pm On Jun 21, 2018
ariesbull:

It's only a mad man that would say something and mean something else. I didn't see Yoruba in the topic ..maybe in his dream he meant Yoruba

you have the manners of a bushpig, what if I said something and I've changed my mind, every other person with a brain understood.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by viscerion: 1:14pm On Jun 21, 2018
fero007:

you have the manners of a bushpig, what if I said something and I've changed my mind, every other person with a brain understood.

dont mind that scrap

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by omoharry(f): 3:15pm On Jun 21, 2018
9jakool:

Nicely put! Ondo is famous for the marugbo soup, which isn't commonly eaten elsewhere. I like okro, especially when diced. If you like okro, then you might enjoy obe onla, the sister to okro soup. I don't know if you've had it before.

Some vegetables like ugwu and uziza are commonly used in cooking in the West. Ugwu with egusi is the best combo for me.

Actually, I'm not arguing with you. We don't always have to argue. This thread is about food, so let's dialogue.

The ewedu and gbegiri thing is really an optional thing among Yoruba people. I, like many others think it's a very putrid combo, others don't seem to mind it. While I like ewedu and gbegiri seperately, I don't like it combined.

Honestly, efo riro is quite universal, the Ekitis are just known for their efo riro and pounded yam combo. Efo riro is not just one dish. The most common type is efo tete and efo shoko, but there are others like efo amunutu, efo yanrin, efo patako, efo ewuro (bitterleaf), and efo efirin. Efo efirin is very aromatic and it's juice or leaves can be used in a type of regional pepper soup in the west.

I haven't seen okro and isapa combo, but interestingly enough, despite the differences, they both belong to the mallow family.
I have only eaten Efo riro because that is what is mostly prepared by my Yoruba friends.I am really curious to taste the other Efos..this is really new to me..never know efor riro has other sister soups.I like the ewedu and Amala its much healthier than my Banga Soup and starch( but of cos I cannot do without it) with ewedu Amala, efo some of the calabar dishes ..it has made my options of what to eat wider..the only soup i have not had time to learn are soup from the east..though i have eaten some soup which are very equally delicious . I think everyone should try food from other ethnic group and see how they taste....that is the beauty of our diversity..isn't it? nice one

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by ariesbull: 6:56pm On Jun 21, 2018
fero007:

Stop assuming and reflect it or are you ashamed of the Yoruba food that you can't reflect it

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by 9jakool: 5:28am On Jun 22, 2018
scholes0:

Do you know Orunla.... it has a different taste from Okra.
What is the English name?
I know orunla as dried okro.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by Moneywomen17(m): 6:43am On Jun 22, 2018
omoharry:
I have only eaten Efo riro because that is what is mostly prepared by my Yoruba friends.I am really curious to taste the other Efos..this is really new to me..never know efor riro has other sister soups.I like the ewedu and Amala its much healthier than my Banga Soup and starch( but of cos I cannot do without it) with ewedu Amala, efo some of the calabar dishes ..it has made my options of what to eat wider..the only soup i have not had time to learn are soup from the east..though i have eaten some soup which are very equally delicious . I think everyone should try food from other ethnic group and see how they taste....that is the beauty of our diversity..isn't it? nice one
yes efo riro is not one dish it is several dish with several different vegetables like he said the most popular are the one u likely eat. There is several Yoruba soup beyond the usual ewedu and gbegiri most people just talk about ignorantly. Gbegiri and ewedu are cheap option to prepare and it’s a delicacy for some certain Yoruba sub tribe in the Lagos, oyo region and that’s why it’s very common and popular but if u come to places like ondo, ekiti, and some places in Ogun State and go to the restaurants u will likely not see ewedu there. Correct Yoruba soup are not really prepared in the city not that am not saying the city soup is not good oo but go to the village and u will see correct soup wey most of the ingredients wey dem use cook am na fresh from farm or their backyard. U go bite tongue.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by Probz(m): 10:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
Moneywomen17:

Because Ondo and Ekiti people have good soups. That’s it.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by Christistruth00: 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2018
viscerion:

I've not eaten many yorubas soups sha, but the few I've eaten are ok but not mouthwatering like others, maybe the ones I've not eaten are

Have you eaten Egusi soup before? Give it a try.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by fero007: 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2018
Christistruth00:

Have you eaten Egusi soup before? Give it a try.

egusi is a general soup na, it's only in the west that I hear Yorubas say "egusi is Yoruba soup"
Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by Christistruth00: 10:32pm On Sep 01, 2018
fero007:

egusi is a general soup na, it's only in the west that I hear Yorubas say "egusi is Yoruba soup"

Egusi soup is “confirmed”Yoruba Soup , before it went global.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by Probz(m): 11:46pm On Sep 01, 2018
Christistruth00:

It’s shared between Igbos and Yorubas.

And Igbo style trumps Lukumi style any day of the week.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by fero007: 10:36am On Sep 02, 2018
Christistruth00:

it's like you are yoruba, what makes u guys so sure the soup originated from the west
Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by Probz(m): 2:26pm On Sep 02, 2018
fero007:

it's like you are yoruba, what makes u guys so sure the soup originated from the west

It’s only on this Nairaland that I’ve heard that claim.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by fero007: 6:02pm On Sep 02, 2018
Probz:

It’s only on this Nairaland that I’ve heard that claim.
here in the west, they believe it strongly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Origin Of Igbo Town Names / This African Tribe Has Giant Scrotum And They Sit On It Like A Pillow / Ijaw Gospel Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.