Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard (25887 Views)

How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science / Kenneth Ononeze Okwor Graduates From Harvard (Photos) / Meet Dehlia Umunna, The First Nigerian Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by bobofati(m): 9:56am On Jan 12, 2018
Nltaliban:

Lol. Abu isn't that competitive, they don't have much aspirants like Ui, Unilag and Oau self. The only problem is Abu is like uniilorin, they prefer to give admission to aboki and muslims
Do you have statistics to back what you just said? Are Abokis and Muslims not entitled to admissions? So where do you expect Abokis do be admitted to? see you are one of the problems of this country. you are a tribal and religious bigot. Tomorrow you will start shouting about being marginalised.
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by bobofati(m): 9:58am On Jan 12, 2018
ThaCayman:
Bullshit. I had a JAMB score of 287 and a PUTME score of 318 and I was denied admission. Nigerian Harvard my foot.
Can you pls upload your scores here. something tells me you are hiding behind your phone to cook lies. BTW what course did you apply for?
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by bobofati(m): 10:02am On Jan 12, 2018
lawman88:

ABU is a tribal and religious Harvard. There are people that did not score up to 200 in jamb and 150 in post ume but got admission because their name is Abdullahi, umar, Abubakar, etc
Why are you lying? Did you see those people with that score. The north has moved and northerners are really doing well now. But you guys keep assuming that once someone is a northerner, it means he is daft. Bro things ain't like before again. Those Abdullahi you are talking about have high Jamb scores. Most likely higher than yours.
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by bobofati(m): 10:05am On Jan 12, 2018
goestohell:

Why should I bother distinguishing between one Aboki enclosure and the other? All Abo.kis look and act the same (uniformly stupid) no matter where they come from.
Keep calling them aboki, while they keep progressing and ruling you. Meanwhile you that is not uniformly stupid we will continue to bring back your sisters and brothers from Libya. That is if you have not gone to join the ones in Somalia.
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by FrenchyL(m): 10:06am On Jan 12, 2018
SpoiltVirgin:
because of students that got admitted scored better than you. There are limited space.

Are you from the catchment area?
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by bobofati(m): 10:08am On Jan 12, 2018
theemy:
Havard my ass when thugs like Dino could be given a forged certificate by the institution. I av lost respect. For them long ago
Are you better than Dino? Dino is a senator in your country's senate. Who are you?
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by bobofati(m): 10:10am On Jan 12, 2018
baxmaich:
I doubt that assertion, ABU is more of a Islamic institution than what you claim here.
Continue sitting down in your comfort zone and assuming ABU is an Islamic institution. Go and find out. There may be more Christian students in ABU than Muslim students. I went to ABU and I know What am saying.
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by Oladipo1166(m): 10:18am On Jan 12, 2018
glorified secondary school
see school gate like forest reserve gate.
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by Heybeedee(m): 10:58am On Jan 12, 2018
Nltaliban:

Lol. Abu isn't that competitive, they don't have much aspirants like Ui, Unilag and Oau self. The only problem is Abu is like uniilorin, they prefer to give admission to aboki and muslims
Hmm, seek for knowledge n every other things follow....ABU zaria is only second to unilorin in number of applicants this year,with about 89k students looking forward to studying there...meanwhile unilag, Ui, oau applicants are far less than 70k each sef
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by goestohell: 11:02am On Jan 12, 2018
bobofati:
Keep calling them aboki, while they keep progressing and ruling you. Meanwhile you that is not uniformly stupid we will continue to bring back your sisters and brothers from Libya. That is if you have not gone to join the ones in Somalia.

They are ruling because democracy is a game of numbers and they will always have superior numbers because they breed like banshees.

If you want evidence of the breeding habits of Abo-kis, look no further than Dullar-dinho himself.

Dullar-dinho is the 23rd child of his father and he was not the last born. If you don't believe me, check the Dull.ard's Wikipedia page.

As for the Libyan escapees, aren't you ashamed to be mocking people who ran out of this sh-it hole country because of incompetent ab-oki leadership?

Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by writeprof(m): 11:03am On Jan 12, 2018
This PR piece on ABU has succeeded in exposing ABU rather than educating us about ABU.
What is the composition of the teams that won all those awards?

1 Like

Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:42am On Jan 12, 2018
Their Nigerian Law School performance was woeful. All ABU produces are Northern politicians. They don't produce anywhere near as many technocrats as UI, Unilag, OAU, UNN, Uniben, Unilorin etc.
They do have good infrastructure because they have the highest allocation in the country (and those alumni politicians are generous donors too), but I'm not convinced their academic rigor is impressive.

Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 12, 2018
Nltaliban:

You trully are ignorant ...a.b.u gives admission to other tribes and religions very very well..not even a low $i can't believe some one typed this rubbish
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by Lamba22: 11:53am On Jan 12, 2018
Nltaliban:

Still better than that ur school.
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by akigbemaru: 12:21pm On Jan 12, 2018
Statsocial:
grin wetin be this. ABU though the most funded university in Nigeria by a long shot, is not on the top 1000 Universities Times Higher Education, only UI is.

It is not on the top five universities with highest citations on webometrics Nigeria. Neither is it on the top three best Universities in Nigeria(full webometrics)..

ABU's total number of research output on researchgate pales in comparison to that of UNN and UI.
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by sunshine111: 12:58pm On Jan 12, 2018
that is a big fat lie
Nltaliban:

Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by ArmyGunz(m): 1:25pm On Jan 12, 2018
Petdagr8t:
If A. B.U is truly a pacesetter in Nigerian academic institutions or Nigerian version of Harvard then kindly educate me Op on the reason why it failed to offer me an admission to study political science in the school despite scoring 267 in jamb and 267 in putme.

They practice regionalism and since the school is situated in the north it favours Northerners most

1 Like

Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by iluvpomo(m): 3:09pm On Jan 12, 2018
goestohell:

Why should I bother distinguishing between one Aboki enclosure and the other? All Abo.kis look and act the same (uniformly stupid) no matter where they come from.
The only thing worse than ignorance is obstinate ignorance... leave your head in your âss, it is your choice grin
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by eyinjuege: 4:42pm On Jan 12, 2018
Ibrahimndg57:
I disagree with u

That's alright.
But just look at the names on the admission lists and maybe you would change your mind.
A.B.U used to be so multicultural, with people from everywhere possible in Nigeria- students, lecturers, non academic staff etc. I could write about the many wonders of ABU, but that was in those days.
Things are no longer the same.
I'm not going to blame them much because a lot of other universities in other parts of Nigeria also have the same problem when you check their admission lists.
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by ThaCayman(m): 2:31am On Jan 13, 2018
Akissani:
haba mallam, ka rege mana

Your point is...?
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by ThaCayman(m): 2:39am On Jan 13, 2018
bobofati:
Can you pls upload your scores here. something tells me you are hiding behind your phone to cook lies. BTW what course did you apply for?

Man, I'm too old to sit down and cook up lies for some stranger on NL.

1 Like

Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by ABOKI9ja: 5:26pm On Jan 13, 2018
eyinjuege:

Most admissions are now done by how your name sounds.
They are more interested in admitting only northerners, to give their people a chance. Abu used to be filled with a lot of southerners, and i guess they're trying to change that demographic

If your name doesn't sound like theirs, nothing for you.
yeah May be, Southern universities don't favor Northerners. Don't expect me to respect your family members when you are not respecting mine
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by eyinjuege: 6:31pm On Jan 13, 2018
ABOKI9ja:
yeah May be, Southern universities don't favor Northerners. Don't expect me to respect your family members when you are not respecting mine

In all honesty, the southern universities still favor core northerners even more than themselves because of the quota system. They get into southern universities easily depending on their state of origin with much lower cut off marks.
Yes, that's the truth.
However, most northerners are not interested in schooling outside the north. The few northerners that go to universities in Nigeria are children of the few middle class, or few of the rich men (most rich men's children school abroad these days).
The universities in the north are probably enough for now to cater for northerners interested in schooling, and since most don't like schooling outside there anyways, it works just fine for them.
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by Petdagr8t(m): 10:37pm On Jan 13, 2018
ArmyGunz:

They practice regionalism and since the school is situated in the north it favours Northerners most
And that's just the fact
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by Petdagr8t(m): 10:44pm On Jan 13, 2018
AbrahamIsrael:

The answer is very simple.Your tribe is the reason. Note that the Nigerian law does not work in the north, they have their own orders that they follow and they can shout one Nigeria than anybody.
I weep for my country Nigeria ,hopefully one day it'll change for good..... that should be our National pledge .
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by Petdagr8t(m): 10:44pm On Jan 13, 2018
deefrosh:

Are you for real?
Yea brother I am
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by ABOKI9ja: 9:54am On Jan 14, 2018
eyinjuege:

In all honesty, the southern universities still favor core northerners even more than themselves because of the quota system. They get into southern universities easily depending on their state of origin with much lower cut off marks.
Yes, that's the truth.
However, most northerners are not interested in schooling outside the north. The few northerners that go to universities in Nigeria are children of the few middle class, or few of the rich men (most rich men's children school abroad these days).
The universities in the north are probably enough for now to cater for northerners interested in schooling, and since most don't like schooling outside there anyways, it works just fine for them.
we don't want to school outside North Because of the challenges we might face in the South, a Southerner may Comes to the North, Be welcomed, and feels belong to the North without any discrimination unlike Northerners in the south. I was In Nysc Camp few weeks Back In One of the Northern States and it was obviously the Southerners were Discriminating northerners in the North.
Children from both middle and high classes are schooling outside Nigeria.
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by Ugosample(m): 10:08am On Jan 14, 2018
goestohell:

Just look at this one

Proud in his ignorance
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by Ugosample(m): 10:19am On Jan 14, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

stop deceiving yaself! na quota-system full the university

someone score 3hundred and something and was denied admission undecided are you telling me that those admitted for that course all scored above 300

Quota System is practiced in all federal schools nationwide, and it accounts for 40% of YorK admissions, while merit accounts for another 40% and Educationally disadvantaged states 20%.

We "southerners" (whatever that means) often accuse and scapegoat the North for what our people are equally guilty of.

It's the same Nationwide, if you want to tell yourself the truth, so forget that thing.

Aboki will be more in ABU because their states fall in EDS, along with southern States like Akwa Ibom and Ebonyi and I think BAYELSA; and the catchment area, which falls in another 40% will also capture them

It's the same in the South.
Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:29am On Jan 14, 2018
Ugosample:

Quota System is practiced in all federal schools nationwide, and it accounts for 40% of YorK admissions, while merit accounts for another 40% and Educationally disadvantaged states 20%.

We "southerners" (whatever that means) often accuse and scapegoat the North for what our people are equally guilty of.

It's the same Nationwide, if you want to tell yourself the truth, so forget that thing.

Aboki will be more in ABU because their states fall in EDS, along with southern States like Akwa Ibom and Ebonyi and I think BAYELSA; and the catchment area, which falls in another 40% will also capture them

It's the same in the South.
Catchment Area is different from quota system undecided

Quota system is only visible in the North. No apologies!

Quota System is not ideal for a country like Nigeria

Instead if the level of assimilation is low, why not attend a technical school or learn a trade instead of heading people who actually deserve to be the head!

1 Like

Re: How ABU Is Fast Becoming Nigeria’s Harvard by Ugosample(m): 11:13am On Jan 14, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

Catchment Area is different from quota system undecided

Quota system is only visible in the North. No apologies!

Quota System is not ideal for a country like Nigeria

Instead if the level of assimilation is low, why not attend a technical school or learn a trade instead of heading people who actually deserve to be the head!

That means that you don't know how the university system for federal universities work

In the university system, Quota System IS Catchment area plus EDS.

There is no difference

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} / Check Your Admission Status Via Jamb Website / Courses You Must Go Through As An Enginner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.