Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,178 members, 7,807,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Career Choice: Advice Me - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Choice: Advice Me (1011 Views)

Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. / I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. / Is Counselling A Good Career Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Choice: Advice Me by Ahmad4452(m): 10:25am On Jan 11, 2018
Good morning guyz... Please all professionals in the house your advice is needed,here re the list of courses I wish to study in University...
1. International Relation..
2. Business Administration(my mum believe am good in biz, I also tink so..mum choice)
3. Human Resources management
4. Marketing
5. Public Administration or Political science..
Which of this course has the best job opportunity, my subject combination re eng,math,econs and govt can it work wit it??
Plz yhu advices iz needed urgently m registering today....
Re: Career Choice: Advice Me by Ahmad4452(m): 11:14am On Jan 11, 2018
Cc: heartrubber(f), T1psy(f), Serafeal(f), rosy1992(f), Enibadoskee(f), hayorbaami, Erinola057(f), nellybadas, Antina(f), winsomelady(f), GAZZUZZ(m), debola27(f), Emmanuel995(m), CynthiaSA412(f), redgem(f), Houseofglam7(f), asadike(f), Cherlene(f), maryam6(f), BreezyRita(f), luxanne(f), missvera(f), axiliborha(f), Sleekyshuga(f), mirexxx(f), lepasharon (f), onihaxy, lanicky(f), kennygee(f), ihatebuhari(f), idithlove(f), Mathematical(f), JumiaOnline(m), KinkyAngela(f), mifavour(f), softnipples(f), SexyBisolarh(f), Princessderaa(f), floxyluv80(f), Tashaamania(f), AnneMomoh(f), Pheals(f), Sweetyie(f) , MizTyna(f), HASSANAASIA(f), firstEVA(f), sarada(f), pinkiberry(f), chelseabmw(m), safarigirl(f), sinaj(f), mytime24(f), elantraceey(f), flyca, dechandel(f), Pinkiedearie(f), maureensylvia(f), sandrahnaub(f), Spaxon(f), cuttiemama(f), dnacrystal, Trypa(f), prewtyjulie(f), Twaci(f), Ausra(f), Ishilove, whizqueen (f), ellechrystal(f), FLAWLES(f), Sparkle777(f), sexyjennik(f), Wealthyone, charijee(f), ginawest(f), Creamish(f), komzyb(f), lalasticlala(m), tohphunmie(f) , ShirelleBaby, marieolae(f), Briee(f), mcdokwe(m), Seun(m), muscoliscious(f), Sarimah(f), Ab025(m), ritababe(f), Xsenga(f), Leilah(f), Fantasyisland(f), Mimienudles(f), ivyy(f), Angelina996(f), ronald4lif(m), Mprex(f), tit(f), Gwenvieve(f), tunmininu(f), ROZZAYY (f), ireneony(f)
Re: Career Choice: Advice Me by sinaj(f): 11:44am On Jan 11, 2018
Marketing is leading for now. Every firm, business needs a marketer.
Re: Career Choice: Advice Me by Ahmad4452(m): 12:05pm On Jan 11, 2018
sinaj:
Marketing is leading for now. Every firm, business needs a marketer.
tanks
Re: Career Choice: Advice Me by kelvainoij: 11:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
GOOD INVESTMENT IS THE KEY TO FINANCIAL GROWTH.
Bitclub is a good investment option to start with this year� follow the link to get started��
https:///send?phone=2348142352634&text=am%20interested%20in%20your%20Bitclub%20Advantage%20Business%20Opportunity%20please%20Tell%20me%20more

WhatsApp 08142352634 for info..
Re: Career Choice: Advice Me by winsomelady(f): 12:54pm On Jan 16, 2018
So sorry for replying this late. I just saw this post now. For job prospects, you are good to go with either Marketing or Business Administration. All companies need either of professionals. I showed my dad this post and asked him what his thoughts were. He said the two courses are good but you need passion to succeed. He also pointed me to a website. The name of the website is Jobberman and asked me to do search with the two professions. And when I did: here are the two results:

335 Marketing Jobs in Nigeria matching your search criteria
(https://www./jobs-in-nigeria/?keywords=Marketing&job_level=)

and for Business Administration

128 Business Administration Jobs in Nigeria matching your search criteria
(https://www./jobs-in-nigeria/?keywords=Business+Administration&job_level=)

If the links do not work, just go to https://www./ and do the search

A word of caution here, however. There are very many people who are marketers today who did not study Marketing in school. It boils down to passion. You need to have flair for selling, in fact you must have the ability to sell ice to the Eskimos and people-oriented. Another thing you need to put at the back of your mind is that some industries tend to employ their professionals for marketing position (as my dad told me). A very good example is pharmaceutical companies. May and Baker or other drug companies will most likely employ a pharmacist as a marketer because of the need to have very good knowledge of the products they are selling.

Note also that a Business Administration grad can easily fit in as a marketer if s\he has the natural flair to sell. As you go higher in the corporate ladder you will see a Business Admin grad pursuing his Master in Marketing and ultimately becoming the Chief Marketing Officer of his or her company. Similarly, you see a marketer having an Master in Business Administration (MBA)

Once again I apologise for replying late, but I did not see this thread until just now, and by now you would have chosen or fill your JAMB form. I hope this will be useful for others who will later come across this thread.

Best of luck in your JAMB and best of luck in your future career

1 Like

Re: Career Choice: Advice Me by winsomelady(f): 1:30pm On Jan 16, 2018
My dad also said I could try other job portals. He told me to try https://www.careers24.com.ng. It crossed my mind to post some actual job listings. I tried Marketing, it gave 4000 + positions. The one thing I notised is that you don't really need a degree in Marketing. Here we go:

Marketing Executives

Lagos, Market Related (Negotiable)
Benefits: Medical Aid, Pension, Bonus
Commission: 3%
Job Type: Permanent
Sectors: Marketing, Real Estate, Sales
Posted by Crovation Limited on Thursday, January 11, 2018
Reference: copy-327599
Job Description:

Actively partake in setting sales and marketing targets.
Direct responsibility to effectively market the company’s products.
Actively contribute to the conceptualization of marketing strategies to ensure that sales targets are met and exceeded.
Participating in site inspections to set in motion sales transactions.
Constantly source new and viable clients.
Contribute in advising on marketing communication materials to promote the company as a brand its products and services.
Develop daily and weekly work plans and write weekly outcome and status reports.
Record and constantly update all client contact data (client relations database management).

Candidate Requirements

A first degree in Estate Manangement, Marketing, Communication Arts, Economics or any other related discipline. Emphasis mine
A minimum of 2 years experience in Real Estate or Property Development Firm or a similar position
Strong knowledge of target market.
Excellent written and verbal communication skill
Must be computer literate
Comportment and confidence (complimented by humility),
Good marketing / selling, negotiation and presentation skills.
Excellent customer relations and service excellence skills.
Utilization of technology in day to day operations.
Integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards.
Good interpersonal skills

This one is from Jobberman

Marketing Executive
Fullmoon Hotels require qualified candidates to join their Sales and Marketing department.

The Essential Duties :

Preparing and delivering Marketing plans within key objective
Generating and executing marketing campaigns across social media platforms
Sourcing for opportunities for sales and marketing for the hotels product
and services
Developing marketing campaigns to promote the hotels product and services
Regulating and running day to day activities of the guest retention
program and loyalty scheme of the hotel.
Monthly reporting to the Head of Department

Requirements:

Minimum of HND (so whatever you read, you are qualified - My thought)
1-3 years experience

And lastly (also from Jobberman)

Business Development Officer
ETAD Consulting Limited

Etad Consulting Limited, on behalf of its client, a reputable Organization with the Head Office in Lagos, is recruiting suitably qualified candidate to fill the positions below;

Locations: Abeokuta,Ogun,Ibadan,Oyo.

Job Description/Responsibilities

Shall be responsible for the marketing and sales of the company’s products and services
Develop, design and implement business plan strategy
Responsible for the formulation of market penetration plan and execution of the marketing program of the company to conceptualize, conduct and produce business visibility studies and implementation strategy
Build strong relationship with existing clients and provide on time service to urgent issues.
Drive peak performance and sales across the organization
Develop and maintain Sales Territory Plan and ensure achievement of Company sales targets and profitability

Job Requirements

Strong understanding of customer and market dynamic
Minimum HND in business Administration or relevant discipline, with experience in minimum of 3-5 years Real Estate or relative industry.
Candidate must be outspoken and able to communicate effectively.
He also told me of a cousin of his. He read Yoruba and got a job position as a marketer. No godfatherism at all
Re: Career Choice: Advice Me by Ahmad4452(m): 9:36pm On Feb 24, 2018
thanks alot
Re: Career Choice: Advice Me by Ahmad4452(m): 9:44pm On Feb 24, 2018
winsomelady:
My dad also said I could try other job portals. He told me to try https://www.careers24.com.ng. It crossed my mind to post some actual job listings. I tried Marketing, it gave 4000 + positions. The one thing I notised is that you don't really need a degree in Marketing. Here we go:

This one is from Jobberman

And lastly (also from Jobberman)

He also told me of a cousin of his. He read Yoruba and got a job position as a marketer. No godfatherism at all
would love to knw yhu... re yhu also sitting fr dis yr Jamb.. let chatup privately
Re: Career Choice: Advice Me by winsomelady(f): 2:51pm On Mar 04, 2018
Ahmad4452:
would love to knw yhu... re yhu also sitting fr dis yr Jamb.. let chatup privately
yes I am.I have replied your mail

(1) (Reply)

Merchandisers Opportunity At Vouchers For Africa / No More Paying, Career Opportunity, Time Managment Jobs? / Any Proffessional Exams For Engineers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.