Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

[opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / [opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It (32977 Views)

Musk: Twitter To Ditch Bird-logo / Whatsapp Is About To Stop Working On Windows And Some Android/ios Phones / 5 Features Of Nokia 7 Plus That Will Make You Ditch Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: [opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It by DavidEsq(m): 8:18pm On Feb 02, 2018
TechEnthusiast:

Whatever,you don't have to be a geek or some techy guy to understand how things work.Telegrams user interface is cooler than that of WhatsApp.So I don't know what would make a "common man" misunderstand it.

So called "naijatechguy".I already mentioned that I don't care what you think, everyone is entitled to his opinion.We don't necessarily have to know how apps work before we criticise them.Criticism is different from complaint.You can stay off the thread if you'll just keep accusing others of complaining.

Edakun, how can I back up my phone contacts and pics on Gmail?
Re: [opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It by NaijaTechGuy(m): 10:09pm On Feb 02, 2018
TechEnthusiast:

Whatever,you don't have to be a geek or some techy guy to understand how things work.Telegrams user interface is cooler than that of WhatsApp.So I don't know what would make a "common man" misunderstand it.

So called "naijatechguy".I already mentioned that I don't care what you think, everyone is entitled to his opinion.We don't necessarily have to know how apps work before we criticise them.Criticism is different from complaint.You can stay off the thread if you'll just keep accusing others of complaining.

How is it logically reasonable criticize something you don't know how it fully works. I see you've finally agreed that everyone is entitled to his opinion in the same vein, I also don't care about what you think.
Re: [opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It by iamhilary: 12:38pm On Feb 03, 2018
We don't care.
Re: [opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2018
Only1mi:

But any social media outlet you use exposes you to what he mentioned.
yah.....not all though
Re: [opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2018
Only1mi:

But any social media outlet you use exposes you to what he mentioned.
yah.....not all though
Re: [opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It by marlawidal: 6:18pm On Mar 01, 2018
Thanks for your information. But I read in Cpimobi.com app marketing for android that WatsUp is one of the most secure services. Due to two-stage encryption, the data is under secure protection. Can not we believe the official statement of the developers?
Re: [opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It by Ennyholar: 2:25am On Mar 02, 2018
WhatsApp is great on my Camon CM
Re: [opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It by Hibrahym: 12:46pm On Mar 22, 2018

He would not shut up. Just because we aren't capable of producing what we need/use doesn't mean we cannot criticise it.
The truth is these guys doesn't even know what Telegram is.
The idea of Bots, Channels, Supergroups (100,000 members) is alien to them.
These ignoramuses can only delete their messages just this year, uhm TG had this from day 1
NaijaTechGuy, when is WhatsApp is going to allow editing of messages...Never.
NaijaTechGuy, when are u guys gon' have more that 255 members (thats what 1 byte can hold in most programming langs) on Whats App.
NaijaTechGuy, do even contribute to the codes that run Whats App.... NO! Why? U can't...it's closed.
NaijaTechGuy, FYI I can modify my TG Client if I want, like or need to.
NaijaTechGuy, WhatsApp promotes spam by showing your phone no in groups... I mean What the heck is this?!
NaijaTechGuy, WhatsApp themes...what a dream.
NaijaTechGuy, Linux App is still missing. Maybe Linux guys don't use it anyways.
Oh, in conclusion Mr NaijaTechGuy, do u know what we call "seamless integration"?

.You don't even deserve the "naijatechguy" name.
Of course he doesn't.
He either actually gave himself that name | given by people that are more ignorant than he is.

People like you are nothing but techguys by name. Is it only userbase that matters?
Correct Sir | Ma.
Just make a good product, user base will automatically grow sooner | later

Popularity doesn't matter. Even if he creates his own as you said,you would still find a reason to shut him out...
Of course he will, if he couldn't recognize |& understand Telegram, he's not gon' understand mine

Telegram = It just works. [Mobile, Desktop, Web... Feels goooooood!]
WhatsApp = Hey! Your App won't work anymore by December, so upgrade!
Re: [opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:31am On Mar 23, 2018
Hibrahym:

The truth is these guys doesn't even know what Telegram is.
The idea of Bots, Channels, Supergroups (100,000 members) is alien to them.
These ignoramuses can only delete their messages just this year, uhm TG had this from day 1
NaijaTechGuy, when is WhatsApp is going to allow editing of messages...Never.
NaijaTechGuy, when are u guys gon' have more that 255 members (thats what 1 byte can hold in most programming langs) on Whats App.
NaijaTechGuy, do even contribute to the codes that run Whats App.... NO! Why? U can't...it's closed.
NaijaTechGuy, FYI I can modify my TG Client if I want, like or need to.
NaijaTechGuy, WhatsApp promotes spam by showing your phone no in groups... I mean What the heck is this?!
NaijaTechGuy, WhatsApp themes...what a dream.
NaijaTechGuy, Linux App is still missing. Maybe Linux guys don't use it anyways.
Oh, in conclusion Mr NaijaTechGuy, do u know what we call "seamless integration"?

Of course he doesn't.
He either actually gave himself that name | given by people that are more ignorant than he is.

Correct Sir | Ma.
Just make a good product, user base will automatically grow sooner | later

Of course he will, if he couldn't recognize |& understand Telegram, he's not gon' understand mine

Telegram = It just works. [Mobile, Desktop, Web... Feels goooooood!]
WhatsApp = Hey! Your App won't work anymore by December, so upgrade!

So you just had to mention me as many times as possible to prove your invalid points. I clearly remember not insulting anyone while explaining my points. Do you have to stoop so low to throw insults. SMH.

I have an account on telegram as well so stop acting like I do not know how it works. Now WhatsApp holds data of billions of people and will not risk that by making their app open source, even their parent company Facebook is not open source. Is twitter and Instagram open source as well. So whats the deal with contributing to codes,

If you like rant from now till tomorrow. WhatsApp still remains better and more organized than Telegram.
Re: [opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It by Hibrahym: 2:31pm On Mar 29, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

So you just had to mention me as many times as possible to prove your invalid points. I clearly remember not insulting anyone while explaining my points. Do you have to stoop so low to throw insults. SMH.

Maybe that will get u to live up to ur username.

I have an account on telegram as well so stop acting like I do not know how it works.
Of course u don't know how it works.

WhatsApp still remains better and more organized than Telegram.
Organized? Please explain organization.
1. As a tech guy when was the last time u had access to WhatsApp API?
Do u even code (even if it's JavaScript)?
2. How does Group administration work on WhatsApp? Messy as ever!
3. Spammers? they even get ur phone numbers for free on WhatsApp

Now WhatsApp holds data of billions of people and will not risk that by making their app open source
Disgrace No 2.
How the heck u risk billions of peoples' data with Open Source? Or do think they put the database in public repo too?

even their parent company Facebook is not open source. Is twitter and Instagram open source as well.
Facebook have opensource projects:
- https://code.facebook.com/projects
- https://github.com/facebook

Even Apple: https://opensource.apple.com/ :smiling_mode:

So whats the deal with contributing to codes,
Sorry, I forgot u ain't one of us.

Mr | Mrs. NaijaTechGuy, knowledge precedes a lot of things in this life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nokia 6.1 Plus(X6) Unboxing, Review and Comparison With 5.1 Plus and GCAM Photos / 10" Tecno Winpad 10 Windows Tablet With Detachable Keyboard And 7000mah Battery / AVG Reveals Top Ten Android Apps That Kill Phone Performance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.