Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,641 members, 7,801,867 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? (21726 Views)

Lady Proposes To Her Boyfriend At The Club, Boyfriend Embarrassed (Video) / A Lady Proposes To Her Boyfriend At His Workplace (Video) / Girlfriend Kneels Before Coffin Of Her EBSU Student Boyfriend At His Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by fatymore(f): 7:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
Guys take things for granted.. Once you cook for them. They take it as an entitlement.. Thats what he is doing..

1 Like

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by openmine(m): 7:18pm On Jan 11, 2018
Jodha:
Generally it's wrong for a lady to cook for a guy she's not married to....

Only yhu go ...go him house only yhu go cook for am...tufia....
If he visits yhu courtesy demand yhu entertain him..with either food or snacks...

Apart from that...ladies do not cook for a guy that's not yhur husband... Do not give him yhur other food...

Ladies wise up it's 2018...it's too early to be foolish...
the bold statement is a huge misconception and an abnormally
why is it wrong to cook for a boyfriend?
Please i would like to know the rationale behind such mindset!

1 Like

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by dingbang(m): 7:19pm On Jan 11, 2018
crazymommy:
you are contradicting yourself though...you said she should not cook for him so which food will she entertain him with??
don't mind her... I just saw daftness in her sentence

1 Like

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by phemmyfour: 7:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
Jodha:

If he visits yhu courtesy demand yhu entertain him..with either food or snacks...

Apart from that...ladies do not cook for a guy that's not yhur husband... Do not give him yhur other food...

but its OK to spend his money and pay your siblings school fees....na greed go kill you

Besides, what's the big deal in cooking, I cook better than most ladies here. You can't impress me with your cooking skills

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by ManuelNate1: 7:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
jaymejate:
Boyfriend not Fiancé. No way!!! Pastor Adeboye said it's not good
So if pastor adeboye didnt say it yhu wunt have had an opinion I guess?
Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by chronique(m): 7:21pm On Jan 11, 2018
Jodha:

A lady should not cook for a man she is not yet married to? How old exactly are you? When you see topics like this, leave it for adults to handle and contribute to.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 11, 2018
Mammyk:
To me d guy here is a fool and a disgrace to his family we can u go to ur gf aous to chk on her better still d gal shld b d one looking for him not d guy not to talk of cooking for him in her parents aous ,in fact dats very absurd
Learn to type words in full
Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by Sage7(m): 7:27pm On Jan 11, 2018
Perhaps the guy is funding a heavy project for them . Maybe paying their rent or he bought her a car or gives the mum/dad huge dosh regularly.

That could be the sole reason.
Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by Pataricatering(f): 7:29pm On Jan 11, 2018
She is a university graduate yet cant have a boyfriend come see her at her parents house where she lives ? Where is our hypocrisy taking us ? We make relationships seem so dirty and unnatural ! Do you expect her not to be herself where she lives ? So her boyfriend cannot eat in where she lives ? Your parents are definitely more mature than you .
sucess15:

I don"t even understand my self , May be they allow them cos they are university graduate i don"t just know

4 Likes

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by Martin0(m): 7:33pm On Jan 11, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
But you can't cook for him but can ask for money ryt?

NwanyiAwkaetiti:
But you can't cook for him but can ask for money ryt?

You have asked a good question!

1 Like

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by Sage7(m): 7:33pm On Jan 11, 2018
7Alexander:

Learn to type words in full
To them everything is swag!

1 Like

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by ajasam12: 7:34pm On Jan 11, 2018
I don't see anything bad in it, before I married my wife, I'll go to visit her and her mother will insist she cook for me even if I reject such offer, I remembered sometime when her mum herself cooked for me when I visited them at home

3 Likes

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by Martin0(m): 7:44pm On Jan 11, 2018
Honestly I don't see anything wrong in this situation!

I as a man can cook for my girlfriend in my parents house and nothing wrong with that!

I keep learning new things everyday on NL especially from the ladies!

It good thing for me am on NL seeing the comments of ladies!

This one seems simple enough; the answer
lies in the question. The question says
‘boyfriend’, not ‘father’, not ‘brother’ and
certainly not ‘husband’. As tempting as it
may sound, nowadays, we men need to be
more cautious when we’re approached with
such overly kind gestures from women.

These are the same women who will go on
and on about liberation and empowerment
and two months into a relationship, she’s
going to offer to cook and do my laundry?

Don’t I have every reason to be scared?

Let’s look at this constructively – as a
relationship grows, so also should the level
of understanding, trust etc. But with every
new level comes a certain amount of
commitment. For example, it is almost
assumed that a two-year plus relationship
should head towards marriage. In such
relationships, the girlfriend would probably
already do things like cook for her
boyfriend and vice versa. If this is the case,
then no problem – let her cook for you as
long as you also cook for her (even if you’re
not good at it). However, cooking should be
as far as it goes. Chores like laundry (even
if it’s with a washing machine) hold a whole
lot more meaning than cooking.

If one way or another, things don’t work
out, activities like cooking can be easily
forgiven but if she used to wash your
clothes, clean your house, your bathroom
and so on, no matter how innocent you are,
you will share some, if not most of the
blame. You might call it playing safe or
whatever but as long as you haven’t
exchanged vows or even placed a ring on
her finger, I don’t see why your girlfriend
should be doing your laundry. Of course,
once you do get married, she can do your
laundry to her heart’s content – consider it
a perk of the institution

You ladies should please try and think very well before u come out and answer any question please! This is a public forum and over millions of living human's are watching each comments!

Damm!

3 Likes

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by ibietela2(m): 7:45pm On Jan 11, 2018
Instead of that why not cook and take it to him?

1 Like

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by Martin0(m): 7:50pm On Jan 11, 2018
fatymore:
Guys take things for granted.. Once you cook for them. They take it as an entitlement.. Thats what he is doing..

Oh my God! You are totally wrong!

100% wrong!

1 Like

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by LourlahSuzanne(f): 7:52pm On Jan 11, 2018
[i][/i] I see no big deal in cooking for ur BF at ur parent house...like u have to entertain ur guest well...for me if any of my male friends come visiting me in my parents house and am in a cooking mood i cook for them and my parent sees nothing bad in it.That's just me being a good host

3 Likes

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by fatymore(f): 7:57pm On Jan 11, 2018
Martin0:

Oh my God! You are totally wrong!

100% wrong!
ok
Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by yvesboss(m): 8:00pm On Jan 11, 2018
I am amazed .. from the part of the world i come from.when your visitor comes visiting, YOU ENTERTAIN.

infact its the parents of the girl that will ask the girl to entertain the guest .. so unless this post means another thing, i dont see anything wrong with that

2 Likes

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 11, 2018
I feel that if you love someone whether boyfriend husband or not it’s your duty to care for their wellness and yours as well as a decent human being there’s nothing wrong with feeding a Guest it’s not for points it’s becahse it’s the right thing to do

1 Like

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by jotabson: 8:05pm On Jan 11, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
If he meets an already cooked meal when visiting, fine and good. I could whip up noodles sharply if he's that hungry though.
I've never dated any guy who ate in my house so I don't know undecided

so how many have you dated?

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by Blackhawk03(f): 8:05pm On Jan 11, 2018
Trustme2:
It's good to be objective here. He is a guest just like every other visitor which one she can entertain. So what's the big deal in food. We are all brought up in different ways. What works for one may not work for all. I can tell you that in some homes it is tgr parent of the girl that'll ask the girl to prepare something for the boyfriend to eat. It also drprnd on the relationship between the guy and the girls parents. Assuming tgr guy is already a family friend and he's like a child to the family already hr can even enter their kitchen to dish food for himself. So it all depends on the circumstance in question

Haaaaa! Finally! I was about pulling my hair outta annoyance, no thanks to the comments before yours. Dude is my guest, I should entertain him. In fact, my grandma won't let me rest if I fail to offer him anything to eat.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:07pm On Jan 11, 2018
DrinkLimca:
The guy is the definition of a shameless fool..

And the Lady is the postal lady for a fish brain..
and her parents that have allowed such shameful act, are two old fools..

in fact all of them are mad..
. Honestly if to say u day near me,I for give u better present for this wey you write.

1 Like

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 11, 2018
Chikita66:
If its abroad its normal but in Nigeria I don't think its normal.
long time op you appeared again with a different moniker.Hope nairaland moderator won't banned this account again.
Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by Apina(m): 8:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
Ignorant fellows all shouting he has no shame, as if they are any better. There's no friend of mine that has come visiting that my parents did not offer to entertain them even before I thought of doing so, whether male or female. For God's sake, it's just food, and I believe the parents see no big deal in entertaining their daughters visitor or is it the case that food is too big a commodity they can't afford. undecided

2 Likes

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by Hafeezson(m): 8:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
Before unko where did you want her to cook the food in his home? in my language HAUSA that is what is happening Hint:not when the guy visit her in front of her parent oo

1 Like

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by Pricelessangel0(f): 8:30pm On Jan 11, 2018
I blame the girls parents cos my parents can't tolerate such. apart from if its a school mate they know very well but not boyfriend, and I can't cook for him if he comes if there's food on ground no p, BT if there's not u Oyo lo wa
Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by Funkybabee(f): 8:33pm On Jan 11, 2018
It's nonsense
Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by AiiVee(m): 8:37pm On Jan 11, 2018
well i guess it depends on the extent to which their relationship is going to.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by Pricelessangel0(f): 8:38pm On Jan 11, 2018
ajasam12:
I don't see anything bad in it, before I married my wife, I'll go to visit her and her mother will insist she cook for me even if I reject such offer, I remembered sometime when her mum herself cooked for me when I visited them at home
that one name respect and you deserve cos u have been introduced into the family
Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by refreshrate: 8:44pm On Jan 11, 2018
If the girl has started having liver to do this

I really don't think this is the biggest concern for the family again.

Go figure
Re: It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home? by adedehinbo(m): 9:01pm On Jan 11, 2018
I ve done that countless times there is nothing bad in it,I m a disciplined person,I don't do shit that ridicules me,many times she would cook already when I notify her am on my way,we would eat together, most times its her mum that would actually ask her to cook for me,I see nothing wrong in it,there is a big difference between what should we offer u and let's eat together before we pon pon pon

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? / ♥ Love Letter To someone.♥ / 5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.