Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,044 members, 7,799,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Hello Nairaland! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Hello Nairaland! (705 Views)

Hello Nairaland. Where Can I Buy Land In Lagos / Hello Nairaland Today Is My Birthday, Please Show Me Love / World Hello Day 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello Nairaland! by FeelDeMusic: 8:26pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hello Nairalanders,

My name is Feel De Music, and this is my very first post on Nairaland! Yaaay!!!! I hope I'm posting in the right section (LOL)!

Unfortunately, I have really not had time to make a post on here even though my account was created some time ago, but now I finally have some time to sit down and post my intro!

I have been very interested in African cultures and countries lately, specifically Nigeria and its many peoples, languages, and cultures. Here on Nairaland, my aim is simply to ask questions about these sorts of things and discuss them along with people from Nigeria.

Anyway, I’m happy to finally be here and to be in a community of so many people who I admire! Let's go!
Re: Hello Nairaland! by magicalBae(f): 8:28pm On Jan 11, 2018
undecided
Re: Hello Nairaland! by HeyCorleone(m): 8:35pm On Jan 11, 2018
It's not by force to create a thread. There are no blessings/price attached to it.
Re: Hello Nairaland! by Tallesty1(m): 8:36pm On Jan 11, 2018
This one think say we get that kain patience to dey explain
Re: Hello Nairaland! by FeelDeMusic: 8:38pm On Jan 11, 2018
HeyCorleone:
It's not by force to create a thread. There are no blessings/price attached to it.
I know, I just felt like I had to creat an introduction just 'cause it seemed propper I guess.
Re: Hello Nairaland! by NLbully(m): 8:43pm On Jan 11, 2018
We are still in early January and people have started smoking weed oga oo
Re: Hello Nairaland! by FeelDeMusic: 8:43pm On Jan 11, 2018
Tallesty1:
This one think say we get that kain patience to dey explain
Sorry, I unfortunately don't speak pidgin! LOL I'm American... although I'd love to learn it. Of course I'm not forcing you to not speak it, do whatever you'd like.
Re: Hello Nairaland! by FeelDeMusic: 8:44pm On Jan 11, 2018
NLbully:
We are still in early January and people have started smoking weed oga oo
Ok.....
Re: Hello Nairaland! by Tallesty1(m): 8:47pm On Jan 11, 2018
FeelDeMusic:

Sorry, I unfortunately don't speak pidgin! LOL I'm American... although I'd love to learn it. Of course I'm not forcing you to not speak it, do whatever you'd like.
You can learn it if you want to, it is very easy.

Welcome to Nairaland
Re: Hello Nairaland! by FeelDeMusic: 8:50pm On Jan 11, 2018
Tallesty1:
You can learn it if you want to, it is very easy.

Welcome to Nairaland
Thanks so much Tallesty! I'm trying to learn pidgin as I browse here.. some of it is easy to understand but not all of it! (LOL) I also listen to a bunch of afrobeats stuff so sometimes I try and understand it from hearing that.
Re: Hello Nairaland! by FeelDeMusic: 8:52pm On Jan 11, 2018
Also, do any of you guys know how to receive notifications to let you know when new posts are added to your topic? I want to be able to keep up without missing five or six of them in a row! haha
Re: Hello Nairaland! by Tallesty1(m): 8:54pm On Jan 11, 2018
FeelDeMusic:

Thanks so much Tallesty! I'm trying to learn pidgin as I browse here.. some of it is easy to understand but not all of it! (LOL) I also listen to a bunch of afrobeats stuff so sometimes I try and understand it from hearing that.
To learn it, you must force yourself to communicate with it, especially on forums like this. You know, there's English and there's error, the error is where pidgin English starts. Don't feel shy if you're not getting it right, nobody is a pidgin expert. It is a lot like a shortcut.
Re: Hello Nairaland! by FeelDeMusic: 9:00pm On Jan 11, 2018
Tallesty1:
To learn it, you must force yourself to communicate with it, especially on forums like this. You know, there's English and there's error, the error is where pidgin English starts. Don't feel shy if you're not getting it right, nobody is a pidgin expert. It is a lot like a shortcut.
Yeah, I get it. I know I'll learn it eventually! (LOL)
Re: Hello Nairaland! by Tallesty1(m): 9:07pm On Jan 11, 2018
FeelDeMusic:

Yeah, I get it. I know I'll learn it eventually! (LOL)
You can ask the questions that you wish to ask
Re: Hello Nairaland! by FeelDeMusic: 9:13pm On Jan 11, 2018
Tallesty1:
You can ask the questions that you wish to ask
Well, sure! I'm not afraid of asking questions.

Speaking of which, do you know how I can somehow turn on notifications or something to where Nairaland emails me or something when a new post gets added to this thread?
Re: Hello Nairaland! by Tallesty1(m): 9:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
FeelDeMusic:

Well, sure! I'm not afraid of asking questions.

Speaking of which, do you know how I can somehow turn on notifications or something to where Nairaland emails me or something when a new post gets added to this thread?
You can only see the notification on the followed topic when you login to your account. Nairaland currently doesn't send email or sms notifications to users when a comment is added on a followed topic.

Alternatively you can download the nairaland app.
Re: Hello Nairaland! by FeelDeMusic: 9:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
Tallesty1:
You can only see the notification on the followed topic when you login to your account. Nairaland currently doesn't send email or sms notifications to users when a comment is added on a followed topic.

Alternatively you can download the nairaland app.
Oh, ok, I see. Well, that's too bad. Maybe there can be just this huge mass thread protesting that notifications must be sent to email/text message for everyone! grin cheesy

Can I ask from what ethnic group you are?
Re: Hello Nairaland! by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hey FeelDeMusic,

Welcome to Nairaland. I'm Ethiopian and if you have any question concerning my country during your stay here, ask me.

Cheers!
Re: Hello Nairaland! by FeelDeMusic: 1:46am On Jan 12, 2018
Hati13:
Hey FeelDeMusic,

Welcome to Nairaland. I'm Ethiopian and if you have any question concerning my country during your stay here, ask me.

Cheers!
Awww, thank you so much Hati! I'll keep that in mind if I ever have any questions about Ethiopia!

(1) (Reply)

Giant Sea Turtle Butchered After Being Washed Ashore At Seme Border / Service Host Local System High CPU And Memory Usage Fix / Very Important Interview. Pls Watch Or Share

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.