Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,799,541 members, 6,690,421 topics. Date: Monday, 24 January 2022 at 08:41 PM

34 Awesome Ebooks To Enhance Your Copywriting & Marketing Skills In 2018 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 34 Awesome Ebooks To Enhance Your Copywriting & Marketing Skills In 2018 (1167 Views)

Improve Your Ict Skill In 2018 With Certification. / List Of The Best Online Jobs For Students In Nigeria That Pays In 2018 / 8 ICT Skills In Nigeria And Their Learning Tools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

34 Awesome Ebooks To Enhance Your Copywriting & Marketing Skills In 2018 by cj4someone(m): 1:59am On Jan 12, 2018
“Copywriting is an essential skill if you want to succeed online…Nobody pulls out their credit card because they see a picture or a fancy design. The reason people buy is because of what you say to them, and how you make them feel.”

I’ve come across the term ‘copywriting’ or at least, heard them said more than a million times. And afterwards, I would move on with my life.

However, reading through the words quoted above gave me a striking insight – call it rhema—on the inevitability of knowing copywriting for tremendous selling success.

So, beginning from January 2017, as part of my new year’s resolution, I made a decision to learn all I can about Copywriting.

I am writing this piece on a christmas day, 25/12/2017, and I realized I’ve so far demolished the underlisted awesome books…

Some of which do not really teach you the principles of copywriting but still dwell on the craft of selling, persuasion and skillfully getting the other man to give you his money…

Using words skillfully...persuasively!

…Not an easy read though. But great for copywriting aficionadoes.
===============================================

*Writing for Emotional Impact Advanced Dramatic Techniques to Attract, Engage, and Fascinate the Reader from Beginning to End by Karl Iglesias

*Tested Advertising Methods by John Caples

*Truth, Lies and Advertising -The Art of Planning by Jon Steel

*Boron Letters - The Gary Halbert Letter

*Advertising Secrets of the Written World by Joseph Sugarman

*Story - Substance, Structure, Style and the Principles of Screenwriting by Robert Mckee

*The Lazy Man’s Way to Riches by Joe Karbo

And have I been better for it?

Absolutely!

And you know what? I am not looking back on my quest to master copywriting in 2018. Of course I know the mastery isn’t gonna come overnight. But I’m all out, guys!

An Invitation to Learn with me

Hi friend, if you sell (or hope to sell) anything online, learning to sell with words is a must-have-absolutely-essential skill.

I therefore invite you to join me on this journey.

For my copywriting lessons in 2018, I have harvested a list of 32 awesome books through recommendation by some top copywriters from around the world.

I have all these books stored on my external hard drive
By briefly scanning through the titles, introductions, tables of contents and a few chapters, I was able to separate the books into categories.

MY ULTIMATE GOAL

My goal is to have copywriting study buddies so we can interact, share and review one another’s copy and progress, and in the end, help each to grow.

And I’m willing to share all materials in my possession with you guys.

Below is a list of my copywriting collections for 2018:

Sales Copy & Copywriting

1. Successful Copywriting in a Week by Robert Ashton (Value $13.46)

2. Breakthrough Advertising: How to Write Ads That Shatter Traditions and Sales Records by Eugene Schwartz (Value $295.50)

3. The 60-second Sales Hook: How to Stand Out and Sell More Using the Power of Story by Kevin Rogers (Value $8.86)

4. 100 Great Copywrighting Ideas from Leading Companies Around the World by Andy Maslen (Value $12.44)

5. The Adweek Copywriting Handbook by Joseph Sugar (Value $17.24)

6. The Copywriter's Handbook: A Step-By-Step Guide To Writing Copy That Sells by Bob Bly (Value $15.06)

7. The Copywriting Sourcebook - How to write better copy, faster -for everything from ads to websites by Andy Maslen (Value $24.75)

8. The Ultimate Sales Letter - Boost Your Sales With Powerful Sales Letters by Dan S. Kennedy (Value $12.21)

9. This Book Will Teach You How To Write Better By Neville Medhora (Value $5)

10. Web Copy That Sells: The Revolutionary Formula for Creating Killer Copy That Grabs Their Attention and Compels Them to Buy by Maria Veloso (Value $15.29)

11. Writing for the Web - Creating Compelling Web Content Using Words, Pictures, and Sound by Lynda Felder (Value $24.39)

12. Robert Collier Letterbook by Robert collier (Value $14.45)

13. Love-Based Copywriting Method: The Philosophy Behind Writing Copy That Attracts, Inspires And Invites By Michele Pw (Michele Pariza Wacek) (Value $23.65)

14. Hypnotic Writing - How to Seduce and Persuade Customers with Only Your Word by Joe Vitale (Value $14.23)

15. Making Ads Work by Craig Arthur (Value $11.12)

Sales & Advertising

16. How to Write a Good Advertisement by Victor O. Schwab (Value $19.95)

17. The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing: Violate Them at Your Own Risk by Al Ries & Jack Trout (Value $8.81)

18. Buying Trances : A New Psychology of Sales and Marketing byJoe Vitale (Value $9.84)

19. Confessions of an Advertising Man by David Ogilvy (Value $15.56)

20. CashVertising: How to Use More than 100 Secrets of Ad Agency Psychology to Make Big Money Selling Anything to Anyone by Drew Eric Whitman (Value $10.13)

21. Hey Whipple Squeeze this: A Guide to Creating Great Ads by Luke Sullivan(Value $8.86)

22. Magnetic Selling: Develop the Charm and Charisma That Attract Customers and Maximize Sales by Robert W. Bly (Value $10.45)

23. Tested Sentences That Sell: How To Use Word Magic To Sell More And Work Less! by Elmer Wheeler (Value $19.45)

24. Scientific Advertising by Claude C. Hopkins (Value $12.99)

25. Triggers by Joe Sugarman (Value $15.60)

26. Yes! 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive by Noah J. Goldstein Ph.D. and Steve J. Martin (Value $9.98)

27. The Irresistible Offer - How to Sell Your Product or Service in 3 Seconds or Less by Mark Joyner (Value $15.92)

28. Reality in Advertising by Rosser Reeves (Value $12.95)

Persuasion & Communication

29. Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die by Chip Heath Dan Heath (Value $6.65)

30. Influence - The Psychology of Persuation by Robert B. Ciadini (Value $15.26)

31. The Art of Explanation - Making your Ideas, Products, and Service Easier to Understand by Lee LeFever (Value $8.42)

32. Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces that Shape Our Decisions by Dan Ariely (Value $10.71)

About the Books

Another reason for enlisting these books in my collection is because they are mostly ‘bestsellers. That implies that too many people are buying and reading and loving them.

Check them out yourself on www.amazon.com.

Note also that all ebooks are in PDF and can be viewed on any computer with a PDF reader installed.

Here’s How To Get These Materials - No Price Tag!

If you take a trip to Amazon.com website and look up the price of these books you’ll see what price each book is currently selling at.

Some are quite prizy. For instance: Breakthrough Advertising sells for as high as $295.50 and Writing for the Web selling for $24.39.

And If you were to buy these books individually, it would cost you over a thousand dollars ($1000). That’s about N370,000 in Nigerian Naira.

Once again, I’m gonna share all of these resourceful materials with anyone who is willing to join in this copywriting learning challenge in 2018.

All!

Even though, it’s cost me a fortune getting some of them, I’ve no intention to put a price tag on it.

However, I’m not gonna send it off to any Tom, Dick and Harry who merely indicates interest.

I would like for only a group of highly committed folks who are serious about travelling this route to have it. So that my desire of having a team of copywriting buddies committed to helping one another is realized.

So here’s what I want you to do:

Step 1: Send me a text with the word ‘INTERESTED’ , ‘YOUR EMAIL’ and the AMOUNT of money you can afford to pay and I will send all the 32 ebooks to you.

Follow this format e.g. INTERESTED, bolamike@gmail.com, N10,000 or N 7,500 or N 5000 or Nwhatever to 07031219191

Step 2: You’ll received a text message from me with payment details. On confirming receipt of your payment, I will forward the materials to your email as well as a link to join copywritingwisdom FB members only group.

BUT HERE’S THE DEAL…

P.s. My intention is to have a few number of folks in the copywritingwisdom FB members only group so that we have a focused group of serious minded people determined to round up the subject of copywriting in 2018.

P.P.s. And I will only do this between now 25/12/2017 and 31/1/2018. I guess anyone who’s not had his arse planned out by the end of January is UNSERIOUS! Well, maybe not!

P.P.P.s: I’ve this ebooks attached to my email and will fold it immediately I get your request so that you can download and start consuming them inmmediately. NO TIME TO WASTE!

Re: 34 Awesome Ebooks To Enhance Your Copywriting & Marketing Skills In 2018 by cj4someone(m): 12:11pm On Jan 12, 2018
I wish I had concentrated on learning copywriting when I was first introduced to Internet Marketing in 2009.

The thing is that whatever you do online, for money to exchange hands, you must sell a product or service.

And you have got to persuade your prospective customer that your product or service is a good value for their money and time...

...using words!

Shekinah!

Learning copywriting might, therefore, be the only bridge to your online breakthrough in 2018.

Join me in the CopywritingWisdom FB only Group for great interaction.
Re: 34 Awesome Ebooks To Enhance Your Copywriting & Marketing Skills In 2018 by cj4someone(m): 4:27pm On Jan 12, 2018
What copywriting is not...

Copywriting is not writing novels or stories or nonfiction books.

You can be good at grammar and use of English Language, and yet not be a good copywriter.

Copywriting is the use words skillfully and persuasively to sell.

Successful Copywriting in a Week by Robert Ashton, one of the books in my collection of 32 awesome eBooks to Enhance Your Copywriting & Marketing Skills in 2018 is a good introduction to the world of copywriting.
Re: 34 Awesome Ebooks To Enhance Your Copywriting & Marketing Skills In 2018 by INtelsNG: 8:24pm On Jan 12, 2018
Petroleum Technology Development Fund Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2018/2019 – Germany/France/China

The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following postgraduate scholarship schemes:

http://jobintelng.com/2018/01/petroleum-technology-development-fund-overseas-postgraduate-scholarship-scheme-2018-2019-germany-france-china/
Re: 34 Awesome Ebooks To Enhance Your Copywriting & Marketing Skills In 2018 by cj4someone(m): 10:04am On Jan 13, 2018
Announcing Copywriting Wisdom FB Members Only Group...

The Copywriting Wisdom FB Members Only Group launches on February 1, 2018

...and the goal is to have a focused group of young Nigerians who are willing to learn copywriting so that we can learn and hold each other accountable, share resources, and monitor each others progress.

It's FREE...

In the group, we will study the said 32 Awesome eBooks to Enhance Your Copywriting & Marketing Skills in 2018 and learn all will can about copywriting.

By the end of 2018, I hope no doubt that all members will be glad they participated in the challenge.
Re: 34 Awesome Ebooks To Enhance Your Copywriting & Marketing Skills In 2018 by JastSiryin(m): 12:10pm On May 16, 2019
cj4someone:
Announcing Copywriting Wisdom FB Members Only Group...

The Copywriting Wisdom FB Members Only Group launches on February 1, 2018

...and the goal is to have a focused group of young Nigerians who are willing to learn copywriting so that we can learn and hold each other accountable, share resources, and monitor each others progress.

It's FREE...

In the group, we will study the said 32 Awesome eBooks to Enhance Your Copywriting & Marketing Skills in 2018 and learn all will can about copywriting.

By the end of 2018, I hope no doubt that all members will be glad they participated in the challenge.
Good day Sir. I'm new to the world of copywriting but with great interest. Could I have your email address so as to speak with you privately?

(1) (Reply)

Get Free Access To Download Hot Premium Video Courses On Any Topic Or Skills / Help Me Reject Failure And Stand Still In My Life. / Tution Free Universities In Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.