Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa (27743 Views)

Martine Moise: Injured Widow Of Slain President Returns To Haiti / Moïse: 2 Americans, Others Arrested For The Assassination Of Haiti's President / Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Luukasz(m): 6:55am On Jan 12, 2018
2fine2fast:
I am not a fan of Donald Trump.
But the guy is saying the gospel
truth.
Nigeria I'm very sure is a SHITHOLE.
And what have you done to revolutionize and revamp the shithole?
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by gabinogem(m): 6:56am On Jan 12, 2018
Lol...trumpism cheesy
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 12, 2018
cr7lomo:
I luv this man...africa should go and develop themselves and stop depending on foreign aid...with all the natural resources that God has blessed Africa with, they decide to remain stupid and selfish and lazy

not everyone is dying to be in america. he should lo k his little paradise.
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by kodded(m): 6:56am On Jan 12, 2018
[s]
Luukasz:
And some Africans keep supporting this white folks the fact is they see Africans as shit.
[/s]

your country is not a shithole, yet your president can't trust the doctors in his own country

2 Likes

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Guestlander: 6:57am On Jan 12, 2018
AFONJAPIG:
He is right, Africa especially Nigeria is a shithole as for Haiti I don't know about them... meanwhile uncle Trump give me Biafra and you will never see my foot again in America

I'm sure you are one of the people who held banners to celebrate his election in the SE. Trump can do no wrong even though he doesn't give a damn about people like you.

6 Likes

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by kodded(m): 6:57am On Jan 12, 2018
[s]
WinningSun:

not everyone is dying to be in america. he should lo k his little paradise.
[/s]

shut up, if you had the chance of going to america ,you will run and never look back cool

1 Like

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by bigboss80s(m): 6:58am On Jan 12, 2018
ewebiodun:
Forget ur american dream. Canada is more than willing to accept u. Many immigrants in the US have migrated to Canada

Just so u know, there is no Canadian dream. Illegal immigrants in Canada will remain in the doldrums perpetually. It's almost impossible to move up the ladder and your qualifications won't count.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by WESTERNCR: 6:58am On Jan 12, 2018
Don't blame trump but blame our leadere
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by sayisayi(m): 6:59am On Jan 12, 2018
Sewer sef!! Ask the corpses in the Sahara and Mediterranean sea
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Junker007: 6:59am On Jan 12, 2018
Why can't Trumps hate speech force African leaders into making our continent a better place for once ?
i just tire

3 Likes

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Ishilove: 6:59am On Jan 12, 2018
Haha. President Trump is not a politician and doesn't know how to hide his true feelings about a matter.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Diso60090(m): 7:00am On Jan 12, 2018
Guy make we enter Toronto by land i know the road
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 12, 2018
kodded:
[s][/s]

shut up, if you had the chance of going to america ,you will run and never look back cool

never. except for tourism or business. can't live there. Ilove my mother land.
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Luukasz(m): 7:01am On Jan 12, 2018
kodded:
[s][/s]
your country is not a shithole, yet your president can't trust the doctors in his own country
And what have you as an individual done to address that aint biased here but you'll saying Nigeria is a sh!thole tell me what impact you've had to progress the nation.
Apparently all of youre just inferior to the whites

1 Like

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by AFONJAPIG(m): 7:02am On Jan 12, 2018
Guestlander:

I'm sure you are one of the people who held banners to celebrate his election in the SE. Trump can do no wrong even though if he doesn't give a damn about people like you.
then he will see me again in America grin grin grin
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 12, 2018
Haiti: France and America ruined that country. Go read about its foundation. They couldn't let some n!ggers run a country. And now,Trump could bring himself to say this?! As for Nigeria,my country and the rest,there is nothing for me to say. We have a choice: get it right and prove Trump wrong or keep getting this barrage of insults from that donkey. Not with this sort of leaders,I fear. Lastly,Trump should not forget that America owes alot of its history to immigrants. America itself WAS built by immigrants who had to flee war,hunger,poverty,economic deprivation,religious and political persecution in their countries. A case in point: the Puritans who came to the new world in the early days of the 17th century.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by kodded(m): 7:06am On Jan 12, 2018
[s]
Luukasz:
And some Africans keep supporting this white folks the fact is they see Africans as sh!t. Africans are nothing to them thats why I do SMH when I see our people making a fuss about the white folk who only see them as worthless
[/s]

is he lying

if your continent is not useless, why are millions risking their life just to leave this continent

why is buhari seeking medical help from England even when he pumped billions into the aso rock clinic

why do you rate any product that come from the west as first class, while any local product is seen as fake and substandard undecided

1 Like

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Lucasbalo(m): 7:06am On Jan 12, 2018
Guestlander:

I'm sure you are one of the people who held banners to celebrate his election in the SE. Trump can do no wrong even though if he doesn't give a damn about people like you.
Gbam. It's called Stockholm Syndrome which means people loving their oppressors. How would any sane being loved the idiotic 71 year old demented racist who sees nothing Good in people of color except white folks. What a shame people on nairaland are supporting the worthless racist while Americans are calling him out everyday.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by kodded(m): 7:07am On Jan 12, 2018
WinningSun:

never. except for tourism or business. can't live there. Ilove my mother land.
but your own president think otherwise
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 12, 2018
kodded:
but your own president think otherwise

don't get you
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Mac2016(m): 7:08am On Jan 12, 2018
I am far disappointed in some comments here than Trump's. Africans accepting their homelands as a shit hole.. Even when America was at the height of their uncivilized reins and chaos they never saw their homeland as a shit hole. Foolish Nigerians... Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by ddeola: 7:08am On Jan 12, 2018
He just described his mouth grin grin grin
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Luukasz(m): 7:11am On Jan 12, 2018
kodded:
[s][/s]

is he lying

if your continent is not useless, why are millions risking their life just to leave this continent

why is buhari seeking medical help from England even when he pumped billions into the aso rock clinic

why do you rate any product that come from the west as first class, while any local product is seen as fake and substandard undecided
Are you not among those who elected buhari, are you not among those who buy the western products.... I will never stop saying it the problem of Nigeria is Nigerians me & you included
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Mac2016(m): 7:12am On Jan 12, 2018
kodded:
[s][/s]
Nothing makes a nation good or bad than the people it's comprised of. You have accepted Trump's comment as your identity not ours

is he lying

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by overlord77: 7:13am On Jan 12, 2018
OmniSparrow:
Hypocrites. At least he says his own out. The rest are bloody racists too but are pretending.

Yup, you got that right.
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Apina(m): 7:16am On Jan 12, 2018
He was just being polite, cos places like Nigeria are on a different level of shitt entirely undecided
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by pepethemaniac: 7:19am On Jan 12, 2018
The entire African continent right now.

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by mywells: 7:24am On Jan 12, 2018
In those days when PDP destroyed the economy for 16 years, a bag of rice was N7500 and a litre of petrol was N87.
A dollar was N170.
A 'Bajaj' motorcycle was N82,000
A 10kg bag of Semovita was N1,100
A 10kg bag of Wheat meal was N700
The Lagos-Abuja transport fare was N2500
A 75ml of palm-oil was N70
A bottle of Coca cola was N60
A tin of Peak milk was N80
A pack of Ciprotab drug was N1100
Infact, Those guys destroyed the economy totally! Wicked people!!!
....... ....... .......
Thank God for our APC Messiahs that have come to revive the economy;
a bag of rice is now N16,000 and a litre of petrol is now N350.
A dollar is N368!!!
A 'Bajaj' motorcycle is now N280,000
A 10kg bag of Semovita is now N3000
A 10kg bag of Wheat meal is now N2800
The Lagos - Abuja fare is now N15,500
A 75ml of palm oil is now N400
A bottle of Coca cola drink is now N100
A tin of Peak milk is now N220
A pack of 'Ciprotab' drug is now N3200
....... The most interesting fact about this is that
They did this in just 2years.
We need to give them 16years to do more.
why won't Trump call Africans shit hole and our law makers dug the shit hole,when Trump opens his mouth and talk he says the celestial truth,when you see migrants leaves their country trying to pass through desert to cross to Europe what's the good definition for that.... is shit hole and woe bêtise any one who quote him wrong.

1 Like

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by Meti99(m): 7:27am On Jan 12, 2018
How does that pain you compared to the ridicule this Fulani Bull-hari has subjected the Christians in this nation to??
Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:29am On Jan 12, 2018
This is the same man that called The people of the state of Alabama bunch of loosers. The same man thar threw toilet paper at hurricane victims, he slut-shammed a senator, he called the white house dump. He constantly insults africans & yet some ppl here still support him. Wait until he insults ur family na.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by FoolaniMadsman: 7:29am On Jan 12, 2018
Kei144:

President Trump on Thursday balked at an immigration deal that would include protections for people from Haiti and some nations in Africa, demanding to know at a White House meeting why he should accept immigrants from “shithole countries” rather than from places like Norway, according to people with direct knowledge of the conversation.

Mr. Trump’s remarks, the latest example of his penchant for racially tinged remarks denigrating immigrants, left members of Congress from both parties attending the meeting in the Cabinet Room alarmed and mystified. He made them during a discussion of an emerging bipartisan deal to give legal status to immigrants illegally brought to the United States as children, those with knowledge of the conversation said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss the meeting.

When Mr. Trump heard that Haitians were among those who would benefit from the proposed deal, he asked whether they could be left out of the plan, asking, “Why do we want people from Haiti here?”

The comments were reminiscent of ones the president made last year in an Oval Office meeting with cabinet officials and administration aides, during which he complained about admitting Haitians to the country, saying that they all had AIDS, as well as Nigerians, who he said would never go back to their “huts,” according to officials who heard the statements in person or were briefed on the remarks by people who had. The White House vehemently denied last month that Mr. Trump made those remarks.

In a written statement, Raj Shah, the White House deputy press secretary, did not deny the account of the meeting on Thursday or directly address Mr. Trump’s comments.

“Certain Washington politicians choose to fight for foreign countries, but President Trump will always fight for the American people,” Mr. Shah said. “Like other nations that have merit-based immigration, President Trump is fighting for permanent solutions that make our country stronger by welcoming those who can contribute to our society, grow our economy and assimilate into our great nation.”

But the president’s vulgar language on a delicate issue left the fate of the broader immigration debate in limbo and had the potential to torpedo the chances of achieving the deal being sought to protect about 800,000 undocumented immigrants brought to the country as children. And they drew a backlash from Republican and Democratic lawmakers, many of whom called Mr. Trump’s utterances unacceptable at best and plainly racist at worst.

Representative Mia Love, a Republican of Utah who is of Haitian descent, demanded an apology from the president, saying his comments were “unkind, divisive, elitist, and fly in the face of our nation’s values.”

“This behavior is unacceptable from the leader of our nation,” Ms. Love went on in an emotional statement that noted her heritage and that said her parents “never took a thing” from the government while achieving the American dream. “The president must apologize to both the American people and the nations he so wantonly maligned.”

“As an American, I am ashamed of the president,” said Representative Luis V. Gutiérrez, Democrat of Illinois. “His comments are disappointing, unbelievable, but not surprising.” He added, we can now “say with 100 percent confidence that the president is a racist who does not share the values enshrined in our Constitution or Declaration of Independence.”

The reactions were extraordinary bipartisan rebukes to a sitting president, but they only fanned what has been a long-simmering debate over Mr. Trump’s views and talk on race.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/us/politics/trump-shithole-countries.html

This is Fake News Also this story came out over 2 weeks ago nawa for you OP . No one has come out and said yes i was in that room and he said that about Africans. Just butt hurt Democrats that want there useless immigration bill passed so they are playing the race card to get the masses upset. Say no to FAKE/GARBAGE NEWS don't believe everything you read just because it says NY Times, wall Street journal, etc.

1 Like

Re: Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa by pepethemaniac: 7:29am On Jan 12, 2018
Luukasz:
And what have you done to revolutionize and revamp the shithole?

Whether he has done something or done nothing at all it still doesnt change the "FACT" that a shiithole is a shiithole.

What a stupiid question, might as well ask why havent you poured Jik/bleech into a sockaway to clean it. Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ukraine’s Largest Nuclear Power Plant Seized, Russia Informs IAEA / What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained / Netherlands Probes 'illegal' Chinese Police Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.