Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

How Can Some States Remain Educationally Less Developed For 57 Years In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can Some States Remain Educationally Less Developed For 57 Years In Nigeria (655 Views)

Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. / The Development Of Less Developed Countries Is A Strategic Threat To The US / This Is How States Fare Educationally In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Some States Remain Educationally Less Developed For 57 Years In Nigeria by adeniyi00(m): 6:20pm On Jan 12, 2018
Good day Nigerians.
This post is not targeted to any particular tribe, rather it is an objective post that is entirely My opinion .
I often ask myself this question that “how can some states remain educationally less developed for 57 years of Nigeria’s existence” The crops of leaders in such states should bury their heads in shame. In my opinion, part of our problem in Nigeria is the so called federal character that often leads to the employment of some incompetent people to some sensitive positions irrespective of whether there are more competent and qualified hands from other regions. I have witnessed a case of Federal government employment exam where the cut off of some regions was 75% whereas educational less developed region was 55%.
NECO registra recently disclosed that 186 candidates took NECO exam in 2017 in an educational less developed state and the state recorded the worst result. We need to realise thaT until these states get educated and enlightened, the nation is going nowhere. This is simply because these states constitutes half of the senator’s and house of reps, in other words they are the decision makers.
In addition, these regions are highly populated meaning they have a lot of say in the choice of Nigeria president during election and consume huge part of the so called national cake.
Nigeria should wake up from its slumber and give all these states ultimatum to go out of the educational less developed states.
Re: How Can Some States Remain Educationally Less Developed For 57 Years In Nigeria by matrixme(m): 6:56pm On Jan 12, 2018
It is very possible oga. Some tribes or geographic locations in Nigeria don't value education like others. Some value farming, nomadic lifestyle, early marriage and others, therefore till tomorrow, some of these values will NEVER change. It's way more complicated than what government policies can change. Apparently you can force a horse to the river, but never to drink.

1 Like

Re: How Can Some States Remain Educationally Less Developed For 57 Years In Nigeria by adeniyi00(m): 8:11pm On Jan 12, 2018
But if those states don't change their mindset towards education, they will keep dragging the nation backward as a whole
Re: How Can Some States Remain Educationally Less Developed For 57 Years In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 12, 2018
adeniyi00:
But if those states don't change their mindset towards education, they will keep dragging the nation backward as a whole
Alariwo2 and sarrki support these States 200%

(1) (Reply)

When Will Buhari React And Respond To Trump? / Abia State Governor Rides Bicycle Through The Streets Of Umuahia. (MUST WATCH) / Former Finance Minister: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Speaks On The Causes Of Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.