Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? (1433 Views)

Benue Massacre: Shehu Sani Blasts Benue Elders For Visiting Buhari / Benue Massacre: Miyetti Allah Wants Compensation For Herdsmen Affected In Crisis / Benue Massacre: Doyin Okupe Provides Shocking Revelations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by Oxalic(m): 8:46pm On Jan 12, 2018
On New Year's day, and the following day, over 70 people were gruesomely massacred in Benue State. The leaders of Fulani herdsmen have claimed responsibility and given reasons for the attacks.
The victims of these attacks were buried yesterday being Thursday, January 11, 2018. Among the victims were heavily pregnant women. Some of them, the herdsmen ripped their wombs, removed the babies and slaughter or smashed them. Pictures of these victims are a gory sight.

Many people across the country have openly condemned the killing of innocent men, women and children by the Fulani herdsmen. One of the persons expected to condemn these killings in strongest possible terms and possibly take action is the Senate President Bukola Saraki. Well, personally, I'm yet to come across his reactions. If anyone here has a link to his comments concerning the killings, he or she can help direct me to the link. Meanwhile, I feel there should be more to this issue than verbal condemnation.The National Assembly should act. Therefore, I'm asking: Where is the Senate President Bukola Saraki?
Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by onward4life(m): 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2018
They. Will all come to Benue not in private jets but in

Campaign Trains with One one Thousand leaflets

Bet me

1 Like

Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by jdluv(f): 8:49pm On Jan 12, 2018
in his house
Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by Burukpe: 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2018
Has El-rufai the northern midget said anything rather than scheming to becoming the next President?

All Fulanis of the north are accomplishes. They will never comment,because it is part of the agenda to Islamize Nigeria period.

3 Likes

Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by Oxalic(m): 8:54pm On Jan 12, 2018
onward4life:
They. Will all come to Benue not in private jets but in

Campaign Trains with One one K

Bet me

If they cannot come now, they shouldn't come during campaigns.

1 Like

Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by Oxalic(m): 8:58pm On Jan 12, 2018
Burukpe:
Has El-rufai the northern midget said anything rather than scheming to becoming the next President?

All Fulanis of the north are accomplices. They will never comment, because it is part of the agenda to Islamize Nigeria period.

As for El Rufai and other Northern leaders, I'm not baffled by their silence.
Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 12, 2018
busy campaigning for his son to become the governor of Kwara state

1 Like

Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by Oxalic(m): 10:20pm On Jan 12, 2018
Oma307:
busy campaigning for his son to become the governor of Kwara state

Hmmm!
Btw, I like your signature.
Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 12, 2018
Oxalic:
Hmmm! Btw, I like your signature.
thank bro

1 Like

Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by ashjay001(m): 11:58pm On Jan 12, 2018
Oxalic:
On New Year's day, and the following day, over 70 people were gruesomely massacred in Benue State. The leaders of Fulani herdsmen have claimed responsibility and given reasons for the attacks.
The victims of this attacks were buried yesterday being Thursday, January 11, 2019. Among the victims were heavily pregnant women. Some of them, the herdsmen ripped their wombs, removed the babies and slaughter or smashed them. Pictures of these victims are a gory sight.

Many people across the country have openly condemned the killing of innocent men, women and children by the Fulani herdsmen. One of the persons expected to condemn these killings in strongest possible terms and possibly take action is the Senate President Bukola Saraki. Well, personally, I'm yet to come across his reactions. If anyone here has a link to his comments concerning the killings, he or she can help direct me to the link. Meanwhile, I feel there should be more to this issue than verbal condemnation.The National Assembly should act. Therefore, I'm asking: Where is the Senate President Bukola Saraki?

Hope u realise, he needs d northern/fulani votes? Have u also wondered, wtf happened to atikulate too!

1 Like

Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by Oxalic(m): 12:35am On Jan 13, 2018
ashjay001:

Hope u realise, he needs d northern/fulani votes? Have u also wondered, wtf happened to atikulate too!

You are not far from the truth.
Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by princestars(m): 1:55am On Jan 13, 2018
h
Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by NaoSlay: 2:05am On Jan 13, 2018

The Benue governor was warned not to sign the law , he refused.

He's paying for signing it.

You can't reap where he did not sow.

He thinks we will enjoy peace after signing it.

Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by Alejoa(f): 5:25am On Jan 13, 2018
What can he do really? The best is to condemn which he has done severally.... He is not the police or army chief. Let's not politicize this.

Benue State committed no crime the law, they want it and they have it. Majority have their way and minority have their say......the Achilles heel was the weak and ineffective law enforcement system we have in Nigeria or the Federal control of security that really isn't doing much about the efficiency of our enforcement agencies

With the modus operandi of the Fulani Militias, they can have their ways almost anywhere in Nigeria..... Our security architecture is poo..... Any country that does not have biometric data of ALL its citizens in its database is not serious or ready to provide any meaningful protection or security for its citizenry. What you will get is attack and reactions like we always have

Nigeria left things too late..... Lack of education means Herdsmen does not have common values with the rest of Nigerian. The roam in the wild and experience unimaginable things that has toughen then and remove any spec of human kindness. They live like wild animals for too long despite the civilization going on in the towns and villages.......as pasturalist they just keep roam the bush.

Our lack of vision in Nigeria too has left their occupation so lucrative for generations that we don't have anything to persuade them to leave what they are doing for a 'better' communal or ranching life style. Imagine if with our education and enlightenment, we have set up ranches and made success out of it and drive down the price of cattle or even build a virile export industry around it..... Fulanis would have embrace the improved method of doing things. Boycotting Fulani beef will be a difficult thing cos we rarely agree on anything in Nigeria but imagine a glut in their cattle market.... That can help us to get them to listen to the cry of the civilized populace.

Sadly Nigeria is a forced conjecture and we are not about to agree to forge ahead together..... Leadership is a sham, Buhari kids are citizen of the world, Visa for a common Nigeria youth is a prayer point..... We are not about to build a nation. Not just yet!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by Africonji: 5:37am On Jan 13, 2018
All fulanis are the same and they never condemn each other. All fulani pipo are terrorist like boko haram. angry

2 Likes

Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by Annie939(f): 6:00am On Jan 13, 2018
he's preparing for 2019

1 Like

Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by Oxalic(m): 6:10am On Jan 13, 2018
Alejoa:
What can he do really? The best is to condemn which he has done severally.... He is not the police or army chief. Let's not politicize this.

Benue State committed no crime the law, they want it and they have it. Majority have their way and minority have their say......the Achilles heel was the weak and ineffective law enforcement system we have in Nigeria or the Federal control of security that really isn't doing much about the efficiency of our enforcement agencies

With the modus operandi of the Fulani Militias, they can have their ways almost anywhere in Nigeria..... Our security architecture is poo..... Any country that does not have biometric data of ALL its citizens in its database is not serious or ready to provide any meaningful protection or security for its citizenry. What you will get is attack and reactions like we always have

Nigeria left things too late..... Lack of education means Herdsmen does not have common values with the rest of Nigerian. The roam in the wild and experience unimaginable things that has toughen then and remove any spec of human kindness. They live like wild animals for too long despite the civilization going on in the towns and villages.......as pasturalist they just keep roam the bush.

Our lack of vision in Nigeria too has left their occupation so lucrative for generations that we don't have anything to persuade them to leave what they are doing for a 'better' communal or ranching life style. Imagine if with our education and enlightenment, we have set up ranches and made success out of it and drive down the price of cattle or even build a virile export industry around it..... Fulanis would have embrace the improved method of doing things. Boycotting Fulani beef will be a difficult thing cos we rarely agree on anything in Nigeria but imagine a glut in their cattle market.... That can help us to get them to listen to the cry of the civilized populace.

Sadly Nigeria is a forced conjecture and we are not about to agree to forge ahead together..... Leadership is a sham, Buhari kids are citizen of the world, Visa for a common Nigeria youth is a prayer point..... We are not about to build a nation. Not just yet!

Your comment is very insightful. I agree with you on virtually all that you have said. However, calling on the Senate to act on these killings is not out of place. Don't you agree with me that, in a working democracy, the Senate are supposed to wade in to stop these kilings? There seems to be a deliberate ineptitude on the part of the Executive that controls the country's security agencies. In my candid opinion, I feel this issue needs a thorough and holistic investigation. Politics aside.
Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by Oxalic(m): 6:11am On Jan 13, 2018
Annie939:
he's preparing for 2019
Sure. Lol.
Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by mysteriousman(m): 6:16am On Jan 13, 2018
To be candid, democracy is over hyped as a system of government it is designed to produce elites as leaders who don't give a damn about the masses

1 Like

Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by Oxalic(m): 6:28am On Jan 13, 2018
Africonji:
All fulanis are the same and they never condemn each other. All fulani pipo are terrorist like boko haram. angry

Actually, not all of them. As you rightly said in your first post above, lack of sound education and social integration have left some of them seriously backward and lacking in basic human values.

And again, as you mentioned earlier, our country lacks a comprehensive records of citizens. Infact, our security agencies are not doing enough in the policing of our borders. Recently, a report was released by independent researchers who discovered that, there are hardline criminals of foreign decent infiltrating the country from the borders in the North. This also needs investigation.
Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by Oxalic(m): 6:31am On Jan 13, 2018
mysteriousman:
To be candid, democracy is over hyped as a system of government it is designed to produce elites as leaders who don't give a damn about the masses

I collaborate your view 100%. I'm against democracy in our country. I think we fared better then.
Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by iamrealdeji(m): 7:05am On Jan 13, 2018
the rumour going on in Kwara is that he gave Mogajis 20million naira this last weekend he came to Ilorin

1 Like

Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by iamrealdeji(m): 7:08am On Jan 13, 2018
Burukpe:

All Fulanis of the north are accomplishes. They will never comment,because it is part of the agenda to Islamize Nigeria period.
El Rufai is better that. Dillardino joor. I want him to win if he contests
Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by Oxalic(m): 8:08am On Jan 13, 2018
iamrealdeji:
the rumour going on in Kwara is that he gave Mogajis 20million naira this last weekend he came to Ilorin

Chei!
Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by Alejoa(f): 12:19pm On Jan 13, 2018
Oxalic:

Your is very insightful. I agree with you on virtually all that you have said. However, calling on the Senate to act on these killings is not out of place. Don't you agree with me that, in a working democracy, the Senate are supposed to wade in to stop these kilings? There seems to be a deliberate ineptitude on the part of the part of the Executive who controls the country's security agencies. In my candid opinion, I feel this issue needs a thorough and holistic investigation. Politics aside.

I think he has done that....and going forward, whatever they decide upon may be put vote and like we have seen in the past the Northern majority are most likely to vote it down!
Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by onile0500(m): 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2018
Following the directive by the Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, the Senate ad-hoc committee on security, chaired by Majority Leader, Senator Ahmed Lawan, is currently in Benue State on a fact-finding mission over the killings in the state.

https://punchng.com/killings-senate-panel-storms-benue-to-meet-ortom-others/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

1 Like

Re: Benue Massacre: Where Is The Senate President Bukola Saraki? by Oxalic(m): 6:38pm On Jan 13, 2018
onile0500:
Following the directive by the Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, the Senate ad-hoc committee on security, chaired by Majority Leader, Senator Ahmed Lawan, is currently in Benue State on a fact-finding mission over the killings in the state.

https://punchng.com/killings-senate-panel-storms-benue-to-meet-ortom-others/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Alright. Thank you so much.

(1) (Reply)

Summary Of Deliberations By The Fulani Nationality Movement (funam) / Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is. / June 12: Full List Of Invited Guests As Buhari Honours MKO Abiola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.