Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

A Logical Question For All Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Logical Question For All Christians (535 Views)

Is A Creator A Logical Conclusion? / The Lies Of The Garden Of Eden - A Logical View / A Logical Question For African Christians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Logical Question For All Christians by Gabriel27: 9:56pm On Jan 12, 2018
Sometimes i wonder, if God being so perfect, he knows the end from the beginning, created all men to worship him, but still created men with the ability to look away from his ways, i mean why was man not creted in such a way he would not be able to think God does not exist in the first place.Just so damn curious.
Re: A Logical Question For All Christians by enilove(m): 10:44pm On Jan 12, 2018
Gabriel27:
Sometimes i wonder, if God being so perfect, he knows the end from the beginning, created all men to worship him, but still created men with the ability to look away from his ways, i mean why was man not creted in such a way he would not be able to think God does not exist in the first place.Just so damn curious.

How would that please God?

Which would you prefer ;
A wife that is like a robot who yield to everything you say , with no mind of her own. When you say come she comes, sleep she sleeps, don't talk she won't talk?
OR
The one that obeys you and loves you because she appreciates you?

That is the kind of worship that pleases God. When you worship Him willingly not programmed kind of worship.

3 Likes

Re: A Logical Question For All Christians by squarelead(m): 11:01pm On Jan 12, 2018
enilove:

Which would you prefer ;
A wife that is like a robot who yield to everything you say , with no mind of her own. When you say come she comes, sleep she sleeps, don't talk she won't talk?
OR

That is the kind of worship that pleases God. When you worship Him willingly not programmed kind of worship.

So on point.

1 Like

Re: A Logical Question For All Christians by tartar9(m): 11:10pm On Jan 12, 2018
enilove:

Which would you prefer ;
OR

Read well.If I'm correct,he isn't talking about being programmed.

1 Like

Re: A Logical Question For All Christians by boringnigerian: 11:18pm On Jan 12, 2018
enilove:

Which would you prefer ;
OR

Here's the implication of both scenarios :

1) The wife only does what you ask her to do, hence, logically, she cannot possibly displease you (without you causing her to displease you)

Or

2) The wife is free to do whatever she wants independent of what you want in spite of the fact that you have the power to make her do exactly what you want. In this case, you can't blame her for some something different from what you want because you had the power to make her do so and chose not to. Let's illustrate with a small scenario: imagine a man who buys a bird and a bird cage. On getting home, the man decides not to put the bird in the bird cage then goes to work. If, when he gets back from work, he finds that the bird has flown away, should we blame the bird for flying away or the man for not putting his bird in a cage?

2 Likes

Re: A Logical Question For All Christians by Epositive(m): 6:36am On Jan 13, 2018
Gabriel27:
Topics Like this have been treated here multiple times. please use the search bar. smiley .."

1 Like

Re: A Logical Question For All Christians by enilove(m): 9:25am On Jan 13, 2018
boringnigerian:

Here's the implication of both scenarios :

1) The wife only does what you ask her to do, hence, logically, she cannot possibly displease you (without you causing her to displease you)

Or

2) The wife is free to do whatever she wants independent of what you want in spite of the fact that you have the power to make her do exactly what you want. In this case, you can't blame her for some something different from what you want because you had the power to make her do so and chose not to. Let's illustrate with a small scenario: imagine a man who buys a bird and a bird cage. On getting home, the man decides not to put the bird in the bird cage then goes to work. If, when he gets back from work, he finds that the bird has flown away, should we blame the bird for flying away or the man for not putting his bird in a cage?

If you can communicate with the bird and the bird knows the implication of flying away, more especially, if all the bird needs is provided, the bird would be blamed for disobeying his creator and to follow the suggestions of a creature like it.

How can a zombie or a will - less wife bring happiness to a husband ?

A wife who has a mind of her own and obeys you is much more appreciated, but would be condemned if she commits adultery with another man , especially when she lacks nothing.
Obedience and disciple is what God wants from us.
Jesus and His Father are one because he is obedient to his Father and does nothing outside His will.
That is what God wants from us and not a worship from a will- less man.

1 Like

Re: A Logical Question For All Christians by enilove(m): 9:27am On Jan 13, 2018
tartar9:
Read well.If I'm correct,he isn't talking about being programmed.
The Op knows I am on point.
Re: A Logical Question For All Christians by Gabriel27: 10:24am On Jan 13, 2018
And who says i do?
Re: A Logical Question For All Christians by enilove(m): 10:37am On Jan 13, 2018
Gabriel27:
And who says i do?
Am sorry for that.

(1) (Reply)

Develop And Sustain Intimacy With God Mark 3:13-15, Psalm 27:4-6 / . / Am Confused On How To Pay This Tithe: Pls Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.