Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) (38677 Views)

Why Alaafin Of Oyo And Aare Ona Kakanfo Can't Stay Together- Gani Adams / Installation Of Gani Adams As 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo Of Yoruba In Pictures / History And The List Of The Past 14 Aare Ona Kakanfo Before Gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Ibrahimanis: 10:58am On Jan 13, 2018
ExInferis:
Thought Yoruba said they're over-civilized?

What then is this caveman foolery?
Oya bros define civilization.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by madridguy(m): 10:58am On Jan 13, 2018
Happy for him.

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Iseoluwani: 10:59am On Jan 13, 2018
Reincarnation of sango.... If there is any of such
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Iseoluwani: 11:02am On Jan 13, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Please why is his installation for a position that covers the whole of the Yoruba race being done by this Oba instead of the other younger ONI who is declared to be the actual don 1 in many quarters

Alafin happens to be the link between the older world and modern world, more so. AARE ONAKAKANFO IS ALWAYS BEEN INSTALLED BY THE ALAFIN , STARTING FROM SANGO, the so called god of thunder..

8 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by harrisonford001: 11:02am On Jan 13, 2018
GEJ made this guy billionaire over night,how can we forget the 10billion naira pipeline safe guilding contract for just few weeks,no leader is my hero in nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by deebrain(m): 11:03am On Jan 13, 2018
biafranation:
You notice how Igbos or IPOB are not interfering in whatever they are doing with Gani Adams, had this been Nnamdi Kanu, Afonjas will invade that thread. Wicked things!

As a former Igbo executive, Kanu's agenda has been somewhat different from Adams.

No concrete comparison.

8 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Adebowale89(m): 11:06am On Jan 13, 2018
you people making noise why he was made aare ona kankafo how is that your business

one mumu even said Yoruba like charm as if igboland is Jerusalem

hypocrites of the highest order

11 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by bedspread: 11:06am On Jan 13, 2018
He has Seen Strong Things in dt Seclusion...

3 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by OyiboOyibo(m): 11:07am On Jan 13, 2018
Guys beware of fraudsters claiming to av fixed matches to win millions... They're Yahoo boys in another version...Don't do any bizness wit them... They're devilish sadists....

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Bobby4090: 11:08am On Jan 13, 2018
Just like the former holders of this title, his death is close by with this installation. I give him a maximum of two years. I will be glad to attend his funeral cos he has willingly accepted a cursed title.
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by mickeyenglish(m): 11:08am On Jan 13, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Please why is his installation for a position that covers the whole of the Yoruba race being done by this Oba instead of the other younger ONI who is declared to be the actual don 1 in many quarters

Permit me educate you a little bit.

The title of Aare Ona Kakanfo was instituted by the Alaafin of Oyo during the 15th century. As at then, the Oyo Empire had already established itself as the powerhouse of the Yorubas and even parts of Benin, Togo and, Ghana. It was very necessary for the Alaafin to create an office for a Generalisimo to precide over affairs of war and also be a leader to the other warlords.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by sircrabo: 11:10am On Jan 13, 2018
biafranation:
You notice how Igbos or IPOB are not interfering in whatever they are doing with Gani Adams, had this been Nnamdi Kanu, Afonjas will invade that thread. Wicked things!

True talk sha. Ibos minding their business since 1914
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 13, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

The position does not cover all of Yoruba race, it is an Oyo affair. Oyo towns and her dependies were the ones referred to as Yoruba and they’re all to the western part of Yoruba map. The installation is an Oyo affair, hence an Alaafin’s business.

It is like the Ooni or Obalufe installing Eredumi or Akogun in Ife.

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by oluwafemim(m): 11:13am On Jan 13, 2018
Emmalez:
Otunba Gani Adams has stepped out of seclusion for his installation as the 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yoruba on Saturday, 13 January 2018.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-gani-adams-steps-seclusion-installed-kakanfo/

Yoruba ti la ina for sure.

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:13am On Jan 13, 2018
Y0ruba:

The position does not cover all of Yoruba race, it is an Oyo affair. Oyo towns and her dependies were the ones referred to as Yoruba and they’re all to the western part of Yoruba map. The installation is an Oyo affair, hence an Alaafin’s business.

Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Cholls(m): 11:14am On Jan 13, 2018
Nutase:
Fortified to die a shameful death. History never lies.
my sister na you sabi...Becuz Afonja, Abiola and the likes died fighting for The Yorubas doesn't mean it's shameful cuz Aare Ona. Is a tittle for WaRLords

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:15am On Jan 13, 2018
mickeyenglish:

The title of Aare Ona Kakanfo was instituted by the Alaafin of Oyo during the 15th century. As at then, the Oyo Empire had already established itself as the powerhouse of the Yorubas and even parts of Benin, Togo and, Ghana. It was very necessary for the Alaafin to create an office for a Generalisimo to precide over affairs of war and also be a leader to the other warlords.

Very clear and precise ... thanks for the clarification

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by tballeyy(m): 11:16am On Jan 13, 2018
Rohjay90:
Vanity upon vanity.......... ile aye yi sa!
what they do in heaven, we also do here, they have supirior in heaven, we have supirior here in our own world, such is life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:17am On Jan 13, 2018
Iseoluwani:

Alafin happens to be the link between the older world and modern world, more so. AARE ONAKAKANFO IS ALWAYS BEEN INSTALLED BY THE ALAFIN , STARTING FROM SANGO, the so called god of thunder..

Thanks but two other guys have already educated me on the subject matter ina way that gives light to the question.

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by NezoLee19: 11:18am On Jan 13, 2018
biafranation:

You yourself just invaded this thread

4 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by mastech1(m): 11:19am On Jan 13, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Alaafin is the commander in chief of Oyo empire while Ooni is the spiritual head of all Yoruba worldwide and Aare one kankanofo is the Generalismo of Oyo Empire

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Luukasz(m): 11:20am On Jan 13, 2018
ExInferis:
Thought Yoruba said they're over-civilized?

What then is this caveman foolery?
So because we are over-civilzed we should neglect our culture and tradition. Its fools like you who take the western culture above their very own. Mtcheeew!

7 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by mbjsuki(m): 11:22am On Jan 13, 2018
Ihatepork:

This is funny! considering the fact that you are a flat-headed, yam-legged IPOB dwarf and your mum looks like Biggie Smalls

grin grin cheesy

You want to talk about ugly people? biiitch let's talk about Queen Okafor and Odumegwu ojukwu grin
l

You for try show some mercies nau! Must you say the truth all the time? You're too wicked but I no fit blame you at all!

3 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by showghan(m): 11:22am On Jan 13, 2018
Mr latin

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Luukasz(m): 11:25am On Jan 13, 2018
Y0ruba:

The title is "Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yoruba Land" not "Aare Ona Kakanfo of Oyo Empire" besides don't you know Oyo is the capital of the yoruba's

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by xjiggy: 11:27am On Jan 13, 2018
For ur info, the Yoruba never occupied Benin it was the other way round. Go and read up on ur history.
mickeyenglish:

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Dicksonpal: 11:29am On Jan 13, 2018
I hope he lives more than a decade, obj equally turned down the offer
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by iamrealdeji(m): 11:29am On Jan 13, 2018
that's our Field Marshall and Generalismo

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Agbaletu: 11:34am On Jan 13, 2018
xjiggy:
For ur info, the Yoruba never occupied Benin it was the other way round. Go and read up on ur history.
Benin Republic!

9 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 13, 2018
Y0ruba:

But Gani is from Ondo State now, I am stand to-be corrected anyway!

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by CrtlAltDel: 11:38am On Jan 13, 2018
biafranation post=64151457[s:
]You notice how Igbos or IPOB are not interfering in whatever they are doing with Gani Adams, had this been Nnamdi Kanu, Afonjas will invade that thread. Wicked thing[/s]s!
Sharrap there, stop the victim mentality, stop trying to be smart, you are the 4th person to comment did you see anybody calling your people or making negative comments directed at the igbos or biafrans or are you new to NL. If you guys call us out on any thread, we will answer you big time.
Imagine the mofo…. Just because he did not say anything negative here means they are saints… ..kolewerk
grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Antoeni(m): 11:39am On Jan 13, 2018
At last thuggery,has paid

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture Of My Uncle And Ogunwusi In Loyola College, Ibadan. / Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... / Cultural Similarities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.