Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,861 members, 7,798,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) (38676 Views)

Why Alaafin Of Oyo And Aare Ona Kakanfo Can't Stay Together- Gani Adams / Installation Of Gani Adams As 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo Of Yoruba In Pictures / History And The List Of The Past 14 Aare Ona Kakanfo Before Gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 1:25pm On Jan 13, 2018
SicilianMafia:

Igbo's are too matured abeg forget matter

Crass delusion

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 1:26pm On Jan 13, 2018
Nutase:
Fortified to die a shameful death. History never lies.

Like your forefathers and next generations.
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by oderemo(m): 1:28pm On Jan 13, 2018
emmanuelpopson:
I hope history will not repeat itself as we all know how the other Generalissimo before him ended their lives.eg Sango, Akintola, MKO..they died in Battle..
Watch the space. Its a cursed tittle.
History is a bitch.
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:29pm On Jan 13, 2018
harrisonford001:
GEJ made this guy billionaire over night,how can we forget the 10billion naira pipeline safe guilding contract for just few weeks,no leader is my hero in nigeria

Dem pay an de whole money upfront?
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by harrisonford001: 1:32pm On Jan 13, 2018
yes now,tompolo also get his own
Jeezuzpick:

Dem pay an de whole money upfront?
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 1:36pm On Jan 13, 2018
DollarAngel:
Why are Afonjas naturally ugly

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by kokomilala(m): 1:54pm On Jan 13, 2018
In the pre-colonial Yoruba political system, the position of the Aare Ona Kakanfo was the Commander-In-Chief of the military. If he presented a calabash with parrot egg to the king, Alaafin of Oyo, the king would be forced to commit suicide. Then, there was OYO MESI, the legislature was there. Such was the separation of responsibilities that it mirrored the British parliamentary design that it riled the colonial masters that their Indirect Rule failed in the South. It so offended them that when they were leaving, the asked the North to seize the military, to have a strangle hold on it.
So, these white people are the original problems of Africa before we continued pulverizing the evidence of our civilization. What we're witnessing now is just a reminder of our pristine democratic values. Democracy is innate in every culture.

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by emmalord(m): 2:16pm On Jan 13, 2018
congrats cheesy grin
Emmalez:
Otunba Gani Adams has stepped out of seclusion for his installation as the 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yoruba on Saturday, 13 January 2018.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-gani-adams-steps-seclusion-installed-kakanfo/

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Christistruth00: 2:27pm On Jan 13, 2018
xjiggy:
For ur info, the Yoruba never occupied Benin it was the other way round. Go and read up on ur history.

Do you know that it is on record that in ancient times Benin actually paid tribute to the Alaafin of Oyo?
The Ogamien family of Benin,the Ijaws and Itsekiris can help you cut through the propaganda and confirm it for you.

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by vito30(m): 2:30pm On Jan 13, 2018
bloodmoneyspita:
that gold watch though
ur eye and taste ehhh
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by omonnakoda: 2:32pm On Jan 13, 2018
kokomilala:
In the pre-colonial Yoruba political system, the position of the Aare Ona Kakanfo was the Commander-In-Chief of the military. If he presented a calabash with parrot egg to the king, Alaafin of Oyo, the king would be forced to commit suicide. Then, there was OYO MESI, the legislature was there. Such was the separation of responsibilities that it mirrored the British parliamentary design that it riled the colonial masters that their Indirect Rule failed in the South. It so offended them that when they were leaving, the asked the North to seize the military, to have a strangle hold on it.
So, these white people are the original problems of Africa before we continued pulverizing the evidence of our civilization. What we're witnessing now is just a reminder of our pristine democratic values. Democracy is innate in every culture.
So much wrong with this
You mean pre colonial OYO political system.
Of course you could be right since YORUBA once meant Oyo or Araoke.

The issue of presenting a calabash is inaccurate.
That is not a function of the Aare. That statement shows fundamental misunderstanding of Yoruba politics. The Aare is not a traditional title but one at the pleasure of the Alaafin.It is not like the traditional titles which are inherited in different families and who are kingmaker families with the power to remove.
E.g Abiola and Adams are not from Oyo. Can the Alaafin install an Egba as Balogun or Ashipa etc.
I am sorry this are the nuances that reveal those who know Yoruba traditional politics.
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by godofuck231: 2:46pm On Jan 13, 2018
Emmalez:
Otunba Gani Adams has stepped out of seclusion for his installation as the 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yoruba on Saturday, 13 January 2018.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-gani-adams-steps-seclusion-installed-kakanfo/

he's still rugged as ever
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by jeeqaa7(m): 2:47pm On Jan 13, 2018
Ihatepork:

This is funny! considering the fact that you are a flat-headed, yam-legged IPOB dwarf and your mum looks like Biggie Smalls

grin grin cheesy

You want to talk about ugly people? biiitch let's talk about your mum, Queen Okafor, Mr Ibu and ojukwu grin

Obasanjo comes to mind
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Horladipupo0505: 3:20pm On Jan 13, 2018
SicilianMafia:

Igbo's are too matured abeg forget matter
coz u will Neva accept the truth
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by kokomilala(m): 3:26pm On Jan 13, 2018
@Omonnakoda, you're as contradictory as you're as confusing. You're hastiness to judge what I posted, without looking or reading closely, has occasioned this. In one breath, you said I was wrong, yet in another, you said I was right.
I never said he was part of the executive. I said he acted as the C-I-C.
Please, always read through before you jump blindly into hasty and hideous conclusions.
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by fizzy94(m): 4:14pm On Jan 13, 2018
biafranation:
You notice how Igbos or IPOB are not interfering in whatever they are doing with Gani Adams, had this been Nnamdi Kanu, Afonjas will invade that thread. Wicked things!
What did you just do then?
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by FisifunKododada: 4:19pm On Jan 13, 2018
boolet:
What is the mandate of an aare ona kakanfo in this day? Unnecessary hype sha.. undecided

Do you also have a problem with pastors practicing ancient Jewish religions or Imams practicing ancient Arabic religion?

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by FisifunKododada: 4:21pm On Jan 13, 2018
ExInferis:
Thought Yoruba said they're over-civilized?

What then is this caveman foolery?

When you go to church you also see fetish - eating the flesh of Jesus and drinking his blood symbolically. I wonder - do you complain about this?

What about those who go to Mecca and symbolically stone the devil in their thousands - do you complain about this too?

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Christistruth00: 4:34pm On Jan 13, 2018
jeeqaa7:

Obasanjo comes to mind
Ojukwu was equally handsome.
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Dicksonpal: 4:54pm On Jan 13, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

WRONG. How did you come about that ?
Obj actively sought the title. The chiefs and Alaafin denied it to him.
smiles... Thnks U Sir
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by alexis77(m): 5:39pm On Jan 13, 2018
omonnakoda:

Permit me to educate you.
Oyo NEVER SUCCEEDED in subduing all of Yorubaland.
Certaiinly to the East in Ondo the Benin influence was greater
Let me educate you, the first ruler of Ondo kingdom is the daughter of Alaafin Ajaka, and Oba Eweka of Benin is the son of Alaafin Oranmiyan, both Benin and Ondo had a pact with Oyo, every Alaafin viewed the rulers of Ondo and Benin as an integral part of the Oduduwa royal clan
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 13, 2018
omonnakoda:

Permit me to educate you.
Oyo NEVER SUCCEEDED in subduing all of Yorubaland.
Certaiinly to the East in Ondo the Benin influence was greater

Bini influence in the east of Yoruba land is heavily exaggerated, don’t be fooled and don’t spread ignorance. Owo was literally in Bini’s plate to be ate but Bini could not subdue it not to mention distant places of Ondo and Ekiti on the east of Yoruba.

The reasons for their little influence in Ondo/Ekiti were that Bini was too faraway and could not sustain a military outpost and a steady supply of military from home base. Hence, Bini invasions were largely spaced intervally and this period of restive between invasions saw soldiers of prior invasions settling in not as soldiers/conquerors but as commoners living side by side with the Yoruba.

See the attached pictures. Bini revisionism in recent years have been nothing but lies. Bini was a kingdom whose military exploits were largely local within the Edo region and this is why their spheres of influence are sporadic small pockets of areas scattered around with no proper cohesion.

Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by gmoni2(m): 6:23pm On Jan 13, 2018
deeLima86:
I recall the late m.k.o Abiola was once Are Ona Kankafo of Yoruba land. All these traditions and fetish practices hope there won't be need for human sacrifice for this to happen. tongue

Why do we have to demonized everything about our culture.. you should at first do a thorough research about the process before making such a statement..
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by elfico(m): 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Please why is his installation for a position that covers the whole of the Yoruba race being done by this Oba instead of the other younger ONI who is declared to be the actual don 1 in many quarters
Aare on a kakanfo is position created by the alafin of the Oyo Empire not by Ife
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by Charlesdock(m): 8:08pm On Jan 13, 2018
kokomilala:
It is the Bashorun that can present a calabash with parrot egg to the king not the aare on a kankanfo

Aare ona kankanfo is the general warlord of the Oyo empire. It is the Alaafin that choose the person and such fellow mustn't be from Oyo or be related to royalty.v
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by auremany(m): 12:49pm On Jan 14, 2018
QuietHammer:

A 'c' is missing in your moniker.

Lol... grin
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by deeLima86(m): 3:58pm On Jan 14, 2018
gmoni2:

Why do we have to demonized everything about our culture.. you should at first do a thorough research about the process before making such a statement..

Not at all bro, just that some of these things can be very murky and we can't see with our eyes. Just like there are some time in Lagos city where people are warned against meeting their death if they go out in the evening/night because some fetish masquerade thing called òró
If you have any doubt go ahead and do your findings.
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by ExInferis(m): 11:57am On Jan 16, 2018
FisifunKododada:

When you go to church you also see fetish - eating the flesh of Jesus and drinking his blood symbolically. I wonder - do you complain about this?

What about those who go to Mecca and symbolically stone the devil in their thousands - do you complain about this too?

So you do concur this is a waste of time and a backward way of life?
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by ExInferis(m): 11:59am On Jan 16, 2018
fortune1968:
Your talk shows that you lack respectable culture and traditions.

Nope.

I've pop culture, thank you very much.

This however is so...precambrian
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by ExInferis(m): 12:01pm On Jan 16, 2018
Luukasz:
So because we are over-civilzed we should neglect our culture and tradition. Its fools like you who take the western culture above their very own. Mtcheeew!

Your people claim to be the most civilized, by which they mean western culture.

And then they display this..this..jurassic behavior.

Talk about a paradox
Re: Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) by FisifunKododada: 9:53pm On Jan 16, 2018
ExInferis:

So you do concur this is a waste of time and a backward way of life?

No - I do not think its culture. As long as its purpose is to promote the well being of the community, I am okay with it. The moment it becomes a stumbling block to progress then it is either modified or eliminated. At the moment, I believe it serves a uniting purpose for the Yorubas in this current Nigerian environment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture Of My Uncle And Ogunwusi In Loyola College, Ibadan. / Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... / Cultural Similarities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.