Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,847 members, 7,802,707 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? (44944 Views)

The 48 Laws Of Power – By Robert Greene Summary / The 48 Laws Of Power: Discussions, Questions And Clarifications.. / Is The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Green Advisable For A Moral Person To Read? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by SmellingAnus(m): 7:53am On Jan 14, 2018
Law 40... Despise the free lunch...

4 Likes

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by correctguy101(m): 7:55am On Jan 14, 2018
spencekat:
Exactly!It was the same thing I did.I picked the right ones and abandoned the wrong ones.

If you are to be pragmatic about nature and it's ways, you would support Robert Greene entirely.

Only what is not favourable to you as a person is bad undecided It's no one else's business.

In nature, there's scarcely any good or evil. Any favourable situation is good and the opposite for unfathomable situations. But at the end, as an observer, we will be the ones to quantify each situation and separate or even label them as either good or bad.

There's a saying.... One man's food is another man's poison.

What you call good could be called bad by someone else and vis-a-vis. Dig?

But no mind Greene, he's a hard pragmatic bastard. And I love him for that, wish I could be as hard as him. lipsrsealed
spencekat:
Exactly!It was the same thing I did.I picked the right ones and abandoned the wrong ones.

If you are to be pragmatic about nature and it's ways, you would support Robert Greene entirely.

Only what is not favourable to you as a person is bad undecided It's no one else's business.

In nature, there's scarcely any good or evil. Any favourable situation is good and the opposite for unfathomable situations. But at the end, as an observer, we will be the ones to quantify each situation and separate or even label them as either good or bad.

There's a saying.... One man's food is another man's poison.

What you call good could be called bad by someone else and vis-a-vis. Dig?

But no mind Greene, he's a hard pragmatic bastard. And I love him for that, wish I could be as hard as him.

3 Likes

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 14, 2018
I have the book in my study and I follow those rules to the latter.

2 Likes

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by QueenTata(f): 7:57am On Jan 14, 2018
Law 44: Disarm and infuriate with mirror effect Law 15: Crush your enemies totally

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by SUGARSON(m): 7:57am On Jan 14, 2018
OgahBohz:
THE WHOLE OF THE LAWS!

BUT TRUST ME 98% OF PPLE READING THIS BOOK WILL NEVER MAKE USE OF ITS TEACHINGS ...

MANY WILL STILL FALL FOR CMON 2K FOR ELECTION VOTES ! ....

AS FOR ME O.

I GET BIG PLANS!

I DEY TELL YOU, NO BE ABOUT READING IT, BUT KNOWING HOW AND WHEN TO APPLY THEM.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by sirfee(m): 7:58am On Jan 14, 2018
profstar:
Law 2: Never put too much trust in friends, learn to use enemies

Meanwhile under law 12 back then when I was reading the book, and I saw "Open their shield with honesty, then deceive." I couldn't but wonder what is going on on the mind of the author, one thing for sure is, he is a criminal grin grin
This is my favourite.
Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by palsenator(m): 7:59am On Jan 14, 2018
Conceal your intention.. LAW 3. I have been able to strike. win , achieve so much using this Law.Its my favourite

1 Like

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by Yazedo(m): 8:00am On Jan 14, 2018
LAW 36: Disdain Things you cannot have ~ Ignoring them is the best Revenge

"By acknowledging a petty problem you give it existence and credibility; The less interest you reveal, the more superior you become."

LAW 17: Keep Others in Suspended Terror ~ Cultivate an Air of Unpredictability

"Humans are creatures of habit with an insatiable need to see familiarity in other people’s actions. Your predictability gives them a sense of control. Turn the tables: Be deliberately unpredictable. Behavior that seems to have no consistency or purpose will keep them off-balance, and they will wear themselves out trying to explain your moves. Taken to an extreme, this strategy can intimidate and terrorize."

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 14, 2018
#GOODbadt laws!
#controversial
#diabolic intent
#essential survival tactics!

pick D good, drop D bad!
favourite is CRUSH your enemies TOTALLY,
...if u want me dead, u don't deserve to live!
Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by Kobicove(m): 8:06am On Jan 14, 2018
My favourite is - Crush your enemy totally

1 Like

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by billyG(m): 8:07am On Jan 14, 2018
law 5,27 & 28 is my favourites
Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by Awoo88: 8:07am On Jan 14, 2018
profstar:
Law 2: Never put too much trust in friends, learn to use enemies

Meanwhile under law 12 back then when I was reading the book, and I saw "Open their shield with honesty, then deceive." I couldn't but wonder what is going on on the mind of the author, one thing for sure is, he is a criminal grin grin
Every thing he wrote about he got from the book; the Prince by Machiavelli. Every one of those single law. Green symmetrizes and made it simple. The other book is the Mafia manager

6 Likes

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by Omzie(m): 8:08am On Jan 14, 2018
COOLDK:
"KILL YOUR ENEMY TOTALLLY"

Thats my Fav kiss

Bro, can I get the book from you? PDF or ePub. Thanks.
Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by Melonny(m): 8:09am On Jan 14, 2018
Law 19: Know who you are dealing with. Do not offend the wrong person.

4 Likes

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by Snowkel(m): 8:12am On Jan 14, 2018
Love these 3 laws, but I love all the laws generally
Work on the hearts and minds of others.
Be royal in your own fashion: act like a king to be treated like one
Keep others in suspense, cultivate an air of unpredictability

1 Like

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 14, 2018
I haven't read the book, and never will. Can't devote my time and resources to a teaching that is antithetical to what the Bible stands for.
God is the ultimate giver of power, he installs and removes kings, and all the laws of power I need are in the Bible. Power is the least of my cravings and I actually don't envy those who have read the book pali to pali , infact I have remorse for them cos a good number of them have nothing to show for it, except that it appeals to and tickles their fantasy
Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by millionboi2: 8:20am On Jan 14, 2018
Chemist009:
..... Some call it cunning,definitely ruthless...to some,it's amoral while to millions,it's a lifesaver.... That's how controversial Robert Greene's classic: The 48 Laws Of Power actually turns out to become. But in my own opinion,hmmmm! A masterstroke.
My favourite Laws are: Law 4:Always say less than necessary and Law 9:Win through your actions,never through argument. So,which of these sophisticated laws is your favourite?
Dont say less when you have opportunity to say much bcoz u might die not saying all you needed to have say

2 Likes

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by AreaFada2: 8:23am On Jan 14, 2018
Waynbella:
law 2019 -NEVER BE FOOLED AGAIN.

grin grin cheesy
Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by engrchykae(m): 8:23am On Jan 14, 2018
Jobseekers should start applying law 13.
Tell employees what you bring to the table and not how since 10years of graduation,no job.
It works wonders.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by Eluwilussit(m): 8:26am On Jan 14, 2018
madridguy:
Attachment enclosed.

That is the mother of wisdom and the father of all the other 47 Laws.
Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by AreaFada2: 8:27am On Jan 14, 2018
FortifiedCity:
sad

The author of that book has this evil aura which can be felt through reading his books.

I read one of his books, 'The art of Seduction' about 8 years ago and I started feeling so different from who I used to be. Nevertheless, I completed the massive book but picked the good points and dropped the bad ones

Sadly most people with political and economic power naturally have many of these traits. Very vile set of people. A certain "shithole" presido comes to mind. tongue tongue tongue
That is why they are mostly self-obsessed people. Egomaniacs with a thin veneer of generosity, honesty and kindness.

1 Like

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by 21Bandit: 8:30am On Jan 14, 2018
Law 4
say less than necessary....always read this law twice a week to keep me check.....
Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by 21Bandit: 8:30am On Jan 14, 2018
Law 4
say less than necessary....always read this law twice a week to keep me on check.....

1 Like

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by onwuakpachris(m): 8:31am On Jan 14, 2018
OMOR..DAT law that says: when asking for help..appeal 2 pple's self interest and not to their mercy...really helped me a lot 2 survive in scl I swear..js one instance:: one day I waz so broke that I asked ma " best frnd" 2 borrow me 1k..he said he waz even broker Dan me sef..den I remembered d law and appealed 2 his self intrest Dan 2 his mercy..I said oya js give me 1k wen dey send me money I go give u 1500..believe it d guy said:ehee..OK.
let me see what I can do abt it..rushed home nd brought me d 1k immediately b4 I change my mind..
people sef..thank u Robert Greene..u my icon indeed...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by tytunji29(m): 8:32am On Jan 14, 2018
I don't ve any cos every quote it important duo I appreciate number 2 cos it cut across all aspect of live politics carrier relationship etc 'Never put too Much Trust in Friends, Learn how to use Enemies'

2 Likes

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by tabaski: 8:32am On Jan 14, 2018
FortifiedCity:
sad

The author of that book has this evil aura which can be felt through reading his books.

I read one of his books, 'The art of Seduction' about 8 years ago and I started feeling so different from who I used to be. Nevertheless, I completed the massive book but picked the good points and dropped the bad ones
you are right about the author. Same with 38 strategies of war by Robert Greene. I wonder why he always write such books. Dude must be devil reincarnate

3 Likes

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by Nobleking2000(m): 8:33am On Jan 14, 2018
Law no 19. Never offend that wrong person know who you are dealing with. I so much love that law and as an astute believer of revenge it is my best law.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by tytunji29(m): 8:34am On Jan 14, 2018
21Bandit:
Law 4
say less than necessary....always read this law twice a week to keep me on check.....

I dab for u
Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by TwoBottles: 8:37am On Jan 14, 2018
AryaSand:

I hate that particular one, it doeant go down well with me at alI. I Feel it is Cheating. How do you take credit for someone else's work just because they are your subordinate? At least acknowledge their role in whatever it is they did.

Well, soldiers win wars but kings take the glory. Such is life.
Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by Olatara(f): 8:38am On Jan 14, 2018
nenergy:
Good read for Nigerian politicians and business men in cutthroat industries. The book has an evil aura and the author doesn't look like someone who practise his laws. grin

“Everyone assumes I practise all of my own laws but I don’t. I think anybody who did would be a horrible ugly person to be around"
- Robert Green

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/authorinterviews/9695967/Why-Robert-Greene-isnt-who-you-think.html
I don't think any one is practicing all the laws, but u can pick one or two from it. My opinion

1 Like

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 14, 2018
In my profession, the first law is germane and apt because violating it is tantamount to being "untrainable"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Tale Of Two Lovebirds / The Very Best Of Fictions (novels) / Married Again By Blair01

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.