Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Stop Playing God With Our Father’s Assets, Kudirat’s Son Tells Kola, Deji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Playing God With Our Father’s Assets, Kudirat’s Son Tells Kola, Deji (1458 Views)

Remembering Kudirat Abiola: 24 Years After Her Assassination (Photos) / Kudirat Abiola's Children & Grandchildren (Photos) / Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Playing God With Our Father’s Assets, Kudirat’s Son Tells Kola, Deji by kokozain(m): 8:48am On Jan 13, 2018
Crisis is brewing in the house of late Moshood Abiola, with one of his sons, Abdul Mumuni Abiola, calling on his brothers, Kola, Deji and Agboola to come clean on the properties of their late father and “stop playing god.”

Abiola, the man widely believed to have won the June 12, 1993 presidential election, died in the custody of the federal government during General Abdulsalami Abubakar regime in 1998.

His wife, Kudirat, considered a heroine of modern democracy, was allegedly killed by state-sponsored assassins.

In a press statement released yesterday, supposedly on behalf of his 40 brothers and sisters, Abdul, who is the youngest child of the late Kudirat Abiola, also alleged that his life was in danger because of his efforts to revive the abandoned projects, investments and properties of their late father.

“I want my brothers, Kola, Deji, and Agboola to stop playing god with our father’s properties, abandoned projects and investments. I, my brothers and sisters totaling 40 children of Abiola are not fighting with them. We don’t have a bone to pick with them. But we need to step out of the past and out of our father’s shadow. Kola, Deji and Agboola have been peddling lies in the media about my efforts to bring about changes to the dwindling fortunes of the Abiola family.

Abdul said: “I am ashamed, just like my other brothers and sister, to see that after MKO Abiola’s death, many of his legacies appear to be in shambles. No, it shouldn’t be like that. That is not what MKO Abiola stood for while he was alive. I want the good people of Nigeria to prevail on Kola and his cohorts to stop using the police to harass me or those who are working with me to restore the lost glory of the Abiola family.

“Let me cite an example: Recently, four men were allegedly arrested and arraigned before a magistrate’s court for breaking into MKO’s bookshop at Oshodi. They were accused of stealing equipment and other materials valued at N1 billion. That is a farce. Deliberately, Kola and Deji ensured that my name was not mentioned in the newspaper that carried the news report.”

He said that every effort he had been making to renovate late MKO’s properties was not self-driven.

Abdul said that it was for all his siblings and for the name of MKO Abiola not to be dragged through the mud.

He said: “Why should some people be sending thugs and miscreants after me and those working with me to renovate MKO Abiola’s properties? Why should that be? Do we have to wash our dirty linen in the public? Why should only a select few of Abiola’s children sit on our father’s properties? I am not even asking them to give me and my other siblings a share of the money-spinning companies of my father that they sit on. Our humble request is that they should allow me and my other siblings, who are interested in renovating Abiola’s derelict properties, (do so). They should allow us to revive MKO Abiola’s abandoned projects.

“I have been painstakingly patient for 18 years. I have watched with long-suffering and regret how few of my siblings have arrogated to themselves what belong to all of us. MKO Abiola’s properties don’t belong to Kola, Deji and (their) cohorts alone. They belong to all his children. We have been put through enough ignominy by Kola. Enough is enough.”

Abdul also alleged that his life and that of his siblings’ were in danger.

“I am also informing the public that my life is in danger. I don’t feel safe any longer. If anything untoward happens to me, Nigerians should know who to hold responsible. If anything should happen to me or my siblings, Kola and his cohorts should be held responsible. I love life but I will not sit down cowardly. It is time all of Abiola’s children sat down and discuss what exactly we want to do with our father’s properties and investments. We really don’t want handouts from anybody. We’re MKO Abiola’s children. We must uphold the integrity, fame and humanity of Chief MKO Abiola.”

In a telephone interview with THISDAY yesterday night, Abdul further alleged that some of the assets of his late father were generating money, and expressed disappointment that aside Kola, Agboola and Deji, other members of the family were not benefiting from them.

He listed the Abiola International School and the leased hangers of the defunct Concord Airline as some of the assets generating money.

Efforts to speak to Kola on Abdul’s allegations proved abortive. Calls to his phone line were not answered. He also did not respond to a text message sent to him.
Source:- https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/01/13/stop-playing-god-with-our-fathers-assets-kudirats-son-tells-kola-deji/

Re: Stop Playing God With Our Father’s Assets, Kudirat’s Son Tells Kola, Deji by Atiku2019: 8:57am On Jan 13, 2018
shocked
Re: Stop Playing God With Our Father’s Assets, Kudirat’s Son Tells Kola, Deji by mangood74: 9:13am On Jan 13, 2018
haba so m.k.o could not write his will before departing. what a shame. mr abdul should go to court to seek redress
Re: Stop Playing God With Our Father’s Assets, Kudirat’s Son Tells Kola, Deji by abokibuhari: 9:19am On Jan 13, 2018
That's how occult men operate, they die without a will so as to destroy their generation till all the wealth is lost.

1 Like

Re: Stop Playing God With Our Father’s Assets, Kudirat’s Son Tells Kola, Deji by blueflowers(f): 9:21am On Jan 13, 2018
The family should sit down and sort things out. There are many horrible things people do when it comes to the issue of inheritance.
Re: Stop Playing God With Our Father’s Assets, Kudirat’s Son Tells Kola, Deji by aolawale025: 9:37am On Jan 13, 2018
abokibuhari:
That's how occult men operate, they die without a will so as to destroy their generation till all the wealth is lost.

The man had a will. The main problem was that he stipulated that all the children apart from those from the first wife must undergo DNA test to benefit
Re: Stop Playing God With Our Father’s Assets, Kudirat’s Son Tells Kola, Deji by kokozain(m): 10:18am On Jan 13, 2018
mangood74:
haba so m.k.o could not write his will before departing. what a shame.
mr abdul should go to court to seek redress
Muslims don't usually write wills unless necessitated

1 Like

Re: Stop Playing God With Our Father’s Assets, Kudirat’s Son Tells Kola, Deji by kokozain(m): 10:19am On Jan 13, 2018
abokibuhari:
Fear God. Muslims doesn't use to write wills before death

1 Like

Re: Stop Playing God With Our Father’s Assets, Kudirat’s Son Tells Kola, Deji by oderemo(m): 10:22am On Jan 13, 2018
abokibuhari:
How old are u?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Playing God With Our Father’s Assets, Kudirat’s Son Tells Kola, Deji by Flyingngel(m): 10:41am On Jan 13, 2018
Shoo, so Abiola got to himself 40 children. Anyway this is one of problems polygamy families faces immediately the head is gone.
Re: Stop Playing God With Our Father’s Assets, Kudirat’s Son Tells Kola, Deji by anibirelawal(m): 12:27pm On Jan 13, 2018
TOO MUCH OF EVERYTHING IS BAD... wives,children& money..all too much.

1 Like

Re: Stop Playing God With Our Father’s Assets, Kudirat’s Son Tells Kola, Deji by FunkyAlhaji2015: 1:30pm On Jan 13, 2018
Flyingngel:
Shoo, so Abiola got to himself 40 children. Anyway this is one of problems polygamy families faces immediately the head is gone.

Most of those children are not his
Re: Stop Playing God With Our Father’s Assets, Kudirat’s Son Tells Kola, Deji by kokozain(m): 5:47pm On Jan 13, 2018
FunkyAlhaji2015:

They are adopted children
Re: Stop Playing God With Our Father’s Assets, Kudirat’s Son Tells Kola, Deji by azpekuliar: 3:40am On Jan 14, 2018
kokozain:

They are abducted children

Lol@ abducted
Re: Stop Playing God With Our Father’s Assets, Kudirat’s Son Tells Kola, Deji by Pavore9: 4:42am On Jan 14, 2018
The issue of inheritance is not easy among siblings from the same womb not to talk of 43 children from different mothers!
Re: Stop Playing God With Our Father’s Assets, Kudirat’s Son Tells Kola, Deji by Pavore9: 4:53am On Jan 14, 2018
FunkyAlhaji2015:

Was it not cowardly of him not to have insisted on DNA tests of those children while he was still alive, that would have diminish the chances of his various women presenting him with children he did not father.
Re: Stop Playing God With Our Father’s Assets, Kudirat’s Son Tells Kola, Deji by kokozain(m): 4:17pm On Jan 14, 2018
azpekuliar:

Lol@ abducted
Thanks corrected

(1) (Reply)

Saraki Hails Oba Of Benin For Revoking Curses On Victims Of Trafficking / Biafra: We Don't Need Bombs To Destroy Nigeria, Truth Is Sufficient - IPOB / 2019: Youths Or Without Youths I Will Still Win Again-- Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.