Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Getting The Glory Of God To Be In You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Getting The Glory Of God To Be In You (485 Views)

The Glory Of Godly Women (genesis And Exodus) / The Glory Of His Grace ( sin, repentance and salvation ) / "The Glory Of His Presence with Pastor Benny Hinn" In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting The Glory Of God To Be In You by Kei144(m): 10:06am On Jan 13, 2018
This is a follow up to my previous thread, https://www.nairaland.com/4265332/hidden-treasure, in which we saw that the hidden treasure is to become like God, by rising up to the seventh level of divinity. In “The Hidden Treasure” we saw that redemption by the blood of Jesus Christ is the basis upon which any human being could grow in divinity. “The Hidden Treasure” ends by stating that a person must sell everything in order to be able to buy divinity (Mt. 13:44). Now we want to go into what it means to sell your world in order to inherit the kingdom of God.
Re: Getting The Glory Of God To Be In You by Kei144(m): 10:10am On Jan 13, 2018
What to do so that the glory of the LORD may appear to you

Ex. 29:42 “For the generations to come this burnt offering is to be made regularly at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting before the LORD. There I will meet you and speak to you;
Ex. 29:43 there also I will meet with the Israelites, and the place will be consecrated by my glory.
Ex. 29:44 “So I will consecrate the Tent of Meeting and the altar and will consecrate Aaron and his sons to serve me as priests.
Ex. 29:45 Then I will dwell among the Israelites and be their God.

Le. 9:6 Then Moses said, “This is what the LORD has commanded you to do, so that the glory of the LORD may appear to you.”
Le. 9:7 Moses said to Aaron, “Come to the altar and sacrifice your sin offering and your burnt offering and make atonement for yourself and the people; sacrifice the offering that is for the people and make atonement for them, as the LORD has commanded.”

Jn. 8:29 The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.”

God dwelling with a person, or that the glory of God appears in a person, means that the person has acquired some level of divinity. In order for a person to rise up to this level, Ex. 29:42 says that burnt offering must be made regularly by the person. Le. 9:6-7 says similarly. Jn. 8:29 puts the condition this way; the person must always do what pleases God. What is it that pleases God?

Ge. 8:20 Then Noah built an altar to the LORD and, taking some of all the clean animals and clean birds, he sacrificed burnt offerings on it.
Ge. 8:21 The LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart:

God is always very pleased with burnt offerings. Note that burnt offerings are made on a suitable altar built for God, usually in front of the temple of God. Today, the only temples that are acceptable to God are human beings. Hence, today’s burnt offerings are not animal sacrifices of the ancient times.

Re: Getting The Glory Of God To Be In You by Kei144(m): 10:23am On Jan 13, 2018
Burnt Offerings in the New Testament

Ep. 5:1 Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children
Ep. 5:2 and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Ph. 4:18 I have received full payment and even more; I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God.

1Pe. 2:4 As you come to him, the living Stone — rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him —
1Pe. 2:5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Living a life of love is a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. However, note that sacrifice is acceptable to God if it is done at the temple of God. Hence, sacrifice that counts is the one done towards the people of God, or with a view to drawing people near to God. It is unfortunate that today’s churches now emphasize paying tithes and sowing seeds to churches and not sacrificing to people of God, who are the real temples of God.

Re: Getting The Glory Of God To Be In You by Kei144(m): 10:28am On Jan 13, 2018
Mt. 25:34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, `Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.
Mt. 25:35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
Mt. 25:36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
Mt. 25:37 “Then the righteous will answer him, `Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
Mt. 25:38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?
Mt. 25:39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
Mt. 25:40 “The King will reply, `I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’

Ac. 10:1 At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion in what was known as the Italian Regiment.
Ac. 10:2 He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly.
Ac. 10:3 One day at about three in the afternoon he had a vision. He distinctly saw an angel of God, who came to him and said, “Cornelius!”
Ac. 10:4 Cornelius stared at him in fear. “What is it, Lord?” he asked. The angel answered, “Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God.
Ac. 10:5 Now send men to Joppa to bring back a man named Simon who is called Peter.
Ac. 10:6 He is staying with Simon the tanner, whose house is by the sea.”

Ac. 10:27 Talking with him, Peter went inside and found a large gathering of people.
Ac. 10:28 He said to them: “You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with a Gentile or visit him. But God has shown me that I should not call any man impure or unclean.
Ac. 10:44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message.
Ac. 10:45 The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles.
Ac. 10:46 For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God. Then Peter said,
Ac. 10:47 “Can anyone keep these people from being baptised with water? They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.”
Ac. 10:48 So he ordered that they be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.

Re: Getting The Glory Of God To Be In You by Kei144(m): 3:27pm On Jan 13, 2018
The last time I heard that line, "You shall become like God," was in Genesis...when Eve took the bait.

It's such a lie.

Jesus said that when we are in heaven, we shall be like the angels in heaven. Yet Jesus is always on the throne.

New age nonsense is more than nonsense, it's very dangerous.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message3739366/reply66924198

Angels are sons of God. A son of God is like God. It is just that there are different levels of godliness or divinity. Only God and Jesus are at the seventh level. I don't think that any angel is at the seventh level of divinity; Lucifer was afraid of a human being rising to a higher level of divinity than angels, which Jesus has done. I think that Jesus Christ is the only human that will ever be at the seventh level of divinity.

1Co. 15:20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
1Co. 15:21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man.
1Co. 15:22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.
1Co. 15:23 But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.

Da. 12:3 Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever.

1Co. 15:23 and Da. 12:3 show us three categories of human sons of God. Jesus Christ alone occupies the highest category. The next category is occupied by the elect of Israel, the 144,000 Israelites--the firstfruits (Re.14:4). The third and lowest among the three categories is occupied by the remaining human sons of God--those that will be taken up to heaven in the rapture.

In Da. 12:3, those that will shine like stars forever are the elect 144,000 Israelites. They will lead many to righteousness; they together form the woman of Revelation 12. The people that the 144,000 Israelites will lead to to perfection form the manchild that is born by the woman of Revelation 12. They are the sons of God that will be taken up to heaven in the rapture. According to Revelation 12, the 144,000 Israelites will not be taken up to heaven in the rapture of the saints.

Jesus Christ is at the seventh level of divinity (Re. 5:6), just like God (Re. 4:5). The 144,000 Israelites most likely will not reach up to the seventh level of divinity; probably something like sixth level. The people that belong in the manchild of Re. 12:5 will be at varying levels of divinity, which will be assigned to them at the judgment seat of Christ (2Co. 5:10).
Re: Getting The Glory Of God To Be In You by Kei144(m): 11:26am On Jan 14, 2018
Kei144:

Jesus Christ is at the seventh level of divinity (Re. 5:6), just like God (Re. 4:5). The 144,000 Israelites most likely will not reach up to the seventh level of divinity; probably something like sixth level. The people that belong in the manchild of Re. 12:5 will be at varying levels of divinity, which will be assigned to them at the judgment seat of Christ (2Co. 5:10).

2Co. 5:9 So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.
2Co. 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due to him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Some Christians say that Apostle Paul taught them that good works are not necessary, but merely belief in Jesus Christ. But "belief in Jesus Christ" is actually living by his teachings. The teachings of Apostle Paul happen to be the teachings of Jesus Christ. In 2Co. 5:9, Apostle Paul clearly teaches that we should make it our goal to please God; God is only pleased by our burnt offerings--sacrificial living. In 2Co. 5:10, we see that those who make the rapture will appear before the judgment seat of Christ to be placed in divinity levels that correspond to the extent of the sacrificial living they carried out on earth.

(1) (Reply)

4 Simple Ways To Grow Closer To God This Year 2018 / Tell Me This Is Superstitious And Not A Reality / Saudi Women Need Not Wear Abaya Robes, Says Senior Cleric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.