Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Is This Jealousy, Envy Or What? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This Jealousy, Envy Or What? (679 Views)

Is this Jealousy or what's this ex upto / 5 Terrible Effects Of Jealousy To Your Relationship - Bamisepeter's Blog / She Broke Up Because Of Jealousy And Insecurity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Jealousy, Envy Or What? by WowSweetGuy(m): 10:40am On Jan 13, 2018
Please pardon my grammatical errors, I will try and make this short as possible.

I work with a Chinese construction company as an engineer and right now we are at a location far far north doing some rehabilitation works. The company have like 10chinese,6nigerians(1engineer,2drivers,2cooks and 1cleaner) official staffs.The chinese stay two each in a room opposite our quarters where I stay with 2drivers i.e three in a room, The female cooks and cleaner also share a room. My grief and purpose of writing this is, I work from monday to sunday and could barely take care of myself because of over tasking works on site with the chinese crew...At the other side, the private drivers go on errands inside town, errands of buying things that they add up in excess the amount they bought item and make my salary even within 2days,the chinese dont know around and sometimes look at naira so small compared to their currency,they just tell me to translate this and that then they send d drivers to go buy materials, *I speak chinese because i schooled over there*. Back to my story,Take for instance recently my room mate(the driver) he purchased a printer for 230k whereas i know the price is not even up to 150k,i even the know the shop he got it from...The part that is giving me worries is at night they buy stuffs showing off and party with the girls(cook and cleaner) on site everyday. I am a very humble guy and i have never reported anything, Also recently due to there is active work on site, they are purchasing materials and getting like tripple of my salary meanwhile i dont even have a way to make anything bcoz mine is just to work with no access to money only my small salary. What started making me feel either jealous or envy lately is their recent behaviour of bragging about money everynight and disturbing my time to sleep because the ladies are always coming to our room to eat and drink the goodies they brought from town making noise up to 1am. Please what should i do to free my mind
Re: Is This Jealousy, Envy Or What? by RentedReality(m): 10:43am On Jan 13, 2018
Here's the fact of your matter:

- You seem too honest too be involved, else as official translator they should be reporting every night to you with a percentage of the loot angry

- You obviously can't or won't rat on the drivers extra-curricula activities

- The women and midnight revelry part is getting to you

- You are poorly paid

You have two options - involve or disengage

The jealousy and envy will continue building except your financial situation improves or the drivers stop and everybody returns to normal - which I don't see happening

So ultimately, your options again, are - involve or disengage

What will I do?

I'll involve myself with the Chinese by asking to be involved in the purchase of materials from X price upwards

Considering you are the bridge between both, you really should be the one dictating the happenings there

Recognise opportunity more

May 2018 change that for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Jealousy, Envy Or What? by Oxster(m): 10:53am On Jan 13, 2018
Focus on your life and business,Try to find a way of making more money tho you claimed is only your salary but I believe there r other ways

The more we check on peoples greener pasture the more we become unobservant that our pasture is yellowish ND dying off

1 Like

Re: Is This Jealousy, Envy Or What? by Oxster(m): 10:56am On Jan 13, 2018
And the bad side of me is advising you to join the party,,,since u r more like de translator ,,you should be eating or having more gains / loot than de driver

Use your head ohhh#No employed work is permanent

1 Like

Re: Is This Jealousy, Envy Or What? by donstan18: 10:58am On Jan 13, 2018
Re: Is This Jealousy, Envy Or What? by anibirelawal(m): 11:03am On Jan 13, 2018
Dont look down on yourself... your own turn will come.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do I Look Pure And Worthy Of Sainthood? / Girls In My Neighborhood Frowned Because Of Sex Dolls / Иεพ ๓ε๓вεя Αℓεят

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.