Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa (41226 Views)

Art Acevedo To Donald Trump: Keep Your Mouth Shut / I Now Understand Trump's "Shithole" Comment About Africa, Uhuru Kenyatta / Obama’s Reaction To Donald Trump Pulling Out Of The Iranian Nuclear Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by FisifunKododada: 3:24pm On Jan 13, 2018
eph12:

I can tell you I don't like you but doesn't mean I will like to kill you if given the opportunity.

Trump message is simple: Let our leaders develop Africa. I see it as a challenge to turn this so called shiithole to what we want to pretend it is

That is not his message. His message is: If you are from Africa we don't want you in America. YET Africans in America have the higher educational achievement that native born Americans. Go to America (I have and you should too if you have the opportunity) and see African doctors, engineers, scientists etc. making huge contributions in that country. You can see his insult as a challenge but that does not mean you should agree with him. If we Africans cannot even separate our friends from our foes - then how can we even improve our conditions? Trump is not a friend of Africa - because he is a racist and its well documented. It seems some of you are supporting him out of frustration about your living conditions. You are allowing the challenges you face everyday to blind you from seeing his hatred for you as a human being. You can disagree with Buhari, GEJ, Obasanjo or any other politician but that does not mean you have to agree with Trump to spite them. This is not a psychologically healthy way to live your life.

4 Likes

Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by YaxxVille(m): 3:24pm On Jan 13, 2018
All you have mentioned wont change the fact that we are living in a shithole country.
AntiWailer:

U overated the idiot called Trump.

He insulted everybody including Mayor of London.

He insulted Kim several times.

Even his Sec Of State called him a Fckin M0r0n.

Read Fire and Fury, u wont be surprised about what the baby President is capable of doing.

A US Senator called white house Baby Day Care attending to Trump.

He will deny saying "Shiithole" same way he denied Access Hollywood Tape that we all heard and see even after he apologized. Saying it is possible he is not the one.

Watch his supporters as they arrive. They have one thing in common, the lack of the capacity to think.

2 Likes

Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by victorioushands: 3:27pm On Jan 13, 2018
AFRICA so called leaders should go home and drink snipped - each of them. Shameless never do-wells!
Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:30pm On Jan 13, 2018
Pierohandsome:
It is not his fault, useless ,wicked, and greedy african leaders both past and present gave trump the impetus to be insulting the african states.

I wish he can insult that fat boy in north korea like that, but he will not because he is also afraid of that little boy bt lacks respect for africans because he knws africans are no threat to him
he did. Called him short fat rocket man.you think Trump fears anything except poverty?
Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by dudebuck: 3:32pm On Jan 13, 2018
FisifunKododada:

That is not his message. His message is: If you are from Africa we don't want you in America. YET Africans in America have the higher educational achievement that native born Americans. Go to America (I have and you should too if you have the opportunity) and see African doctors, engineers, scientists etc. making huge contributions in that country. You can see his insult as a challenge but that does not mean you should agree with him. If we Africans cannot even separate our friends from our foes - then how can we even improve our conditions? Trump is not a friend of Africa - because he is a racist and its well documented. It seems some of you are supporting him out of frustration about your living conditions. You are allowing the challenges you face everyday to blind you from seeing his hatred for you as a human being. You can disagree with Buhari, GEJ, Obasanjo or any other politician but that does not mean you have to agree with Trump to spite them. This is not a psychologically healthy way to live your life.
I agree with him because it is the truth.

1 Like

Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by Saintp(m): 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2018
What Trump said is the thinking in almost all western countries but the difference is that others will not say it openly just to be political correct. Remember the UK and fantastically corrupt statement.
Before I react to these kind of things, I first ask myself is it true or not? Unfortunately with sadness in my heart, it is true and I wish it was not. Except you are a kind of person who likes to hear obvious lies, this Trump statement is one of those unfortunate truths that shouldn't call for brouhaha.
Trump will not call European or Asian countries shithole, why? because some of these countries are better than America but you can't say that for any African country. Look at Nigeria for instance , the world's 4th most dangerous terrorist group are killing Nigerians from village to village, state to state yet the commander in chief and all his security apparatus are playing to the gallery. If Africa is not shithole why do African leaders leave their own countries hospitals for treatment in a white man's land?

We need to hear statements like this from time to time so that we understand how we are being viewed by others so that we get our acts together. But I bet you that African leaders don't care about proving Trump wrong by developing Africa to world standard because it will still be business as usual.

8 Likes

Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by AngelicBeing: 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2018
Toks2008:

I don't know about other countries but the country I come from is a bit shit hole.

1 A country where masters degree holders are applying for truck drivers at Dangote factories and driving huber is shit hole.

2.A country where the president goes abroad for treatment because of poor healthcare in his country is shithole.

3.A country where security operatives established to protect lives is the very one killing innocent citizens is shithole.

4.A country where the hospitals kill more patients than the ailment they suffer is a big big shithole.

5.A country where men in their prime can not start a family due to lack of jobs is a shithole.

6.A country where retired people die of starvation due to non payment of pensions and a country where salaries are not paid for months is one hell of a shithole.

7.A country where her citizens are risking their lives travelling through deserts to seek better life in developed countries is a super shithole.

8.A country where you pay high electricity bills yet lack the supply is a crazy hell of big shithole.

9.A country where Fulani herdsmen and boo haram kil innocent people with reckless abandon is worse than a shit hole.

10. A country where people use occultism to lace their talents in order to be a successful artiste,sportsman, politician is undoubtedly a deep shithole..

11.A country where.......

in fact Nigeria is a gravehole. I pray GOD delivers her.
Gbam, Nigeria is a useless country and I suggest it should be auctioned off on eBay and sold off to richer nations, useless Federal Republic of Nigeria grin

5 Likes

Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by tribalistseun: 3:34pm On Jan 13, 2018
Pierohandsome:
It is not his fault, useless ,wicked, and greedy african leaders both past and present gave trump the impetus to be insulting the african states.

I wish he can insult that fat boy in north korea like that, but he will not because he is also afraid of that little boy bt lacks respect for africans because he knws africans are no threat to him
you mean rocket man?
Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by Justiceleague1: 3:34pm On Jan 13, 2018
Solution to Trump's wahala:
Air Freshner companies should distribute Air freshner Sprays and Blocks free to the wasteSide of one naijiriya for 6months.

Dettol should do the same as well and see if Donald Trump will open his mouth again

grin grin

1 Like

Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by willibounce1(m): 3:36pm On Jan 13, 2018
uba1991:
The Nigeria u called a shithole is d country dat is feeding d PIGS
WTF is this one saying?

3 Likes

Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by Aiddn: 3:38pm On Jan 13, 2018
Trump did not lie. Nigeria is a shit hole country abi Nija no dey Africa? A cow has more right than a human being in Nija, that qualify s Nija as shit hole with leaders as shit.

KingstonDome:
The African Union (AU) on Friday, January 12, 2018 demanded an apology from President of the United States, Donald Trump over his comments on Africa.

Donald Trump had earlier referred to African nations and Haiti as Sh**hole countries.

Here is a screenshot of AU statement,

www.kingstondome.com/2018/01/african-union-demands-apology-donald-trump-comments-africa.html

Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 13, 2018
All i see is sentiments everywhere, the question remains "Did he lie?"

#UglyTruth.

1 Like

Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:39pm On Jan 13, 2018
Kingdolo:
Disrespectful
what's there to respect. Do you respect them?
Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:40pm On Jan 13, 2018
EazyMoh:
He'd simply deny making the remark.
is there any evidence
Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:43pm On Jan 13, 2018
ralijaafar:
I don't think it is right for him to refer to African countries as sh*tholes. Yes, it might true that poverty and illiteracy is a huge problem amongst many other. But Africa is a continent rich in culture with many beautiful people who can do incredible things if given the opportunity. WE ARE NOT A SH*THOLE.
culture of poverty and illiteracy abi. War disease poverty failure, which one is incredible there?
Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:45pm On Jan 13, 2018
Iphone5:
Maybe he owes Haiti �� an apology but not any African country..... Africa is a shit-hole especially Nigeria
why does he owe them apology
Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:46pm On Jan 13, 2018
Toks2008:

I don't know about other countries but the country I come from is a bit shit hole.

1 A country where masters degree holders are applying for truck drivers at Dangote factories and driving huber is shit hole.

2.A country where the president goes abroad for treatment because of poor healthcare in his country is shithole.

3.A country where security operatives established to protect lives is the very one killing innocent citizens is shithole.

4.A country where the hospitals kill more patients than the ailment they suffer is a big big shithole.

5.A country where men in their prime can not start a family due to lack of jobs is a shithole.

6.A country where retired people die of starvation due to non payment of pensions and a country where salaries are not paid for months is one hell of a shithole.

7.A country where her citizens are risking their lives travelling through deserts to seek better life in developed countries is a super shithole.

8.A country where you pay high electricity bills yet lack the supply is a crazy hell of big shithole.

9.A country where Fulani herdsmen and boo haram kil innocent people with reckless abandon is worse than a shit hole.

10. A country where people use occultism to lace their talents in order to be a successful artiste,sportsman, politician is undoubtedly a deep shithole..

11.A country where.......

in fact Nigeria is a gravehole. I pray GOD delivers her.
God has done his 99% the remaining 1 is up to you
Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by FisifunKododada: 3:50pm On Jan 13, 2018
dudebuck:
I agree with him because it is the truth.

A shithole should ONLY produce shit. So if Africa is a shit hole then how do you explain the good people and good things that have come out of Africa? How do you explain Nelson Mandela? Wole Soyinka? Wangari Mathai? Nkrumah? Chinua Achebe? Nadine Gordimer? Nurudin Farrah? Tsitsi Dangarembga? Gani Fawehimi? just to name a few. What about the Nigerian doctors (RIP Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh - she died fighting Ebola to protect her fellow Nigerians) who gallantly defeated Ebola saving millions of lives including yours? just to name a few.

2 Likes

Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by 2lateBiafra: 3:51pm On Jan 13, 2018
SHIT-HOLE

1 Like

Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by Kingdolo(m): 3:51pm On Jan 13, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
what's there to respect. Do you respect them?
To you as african
Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:51pm On Jan 13, 2018
IHate9jerianss:
LOL!!...Just look at the comments on this thread...
Nigerians are some of the most self
-loathing muthafuckas I've ever seen

you're just self deceiving. They tell themselves the truth. And only truth can set us free not political correctness. Who e epp for 460 yrs
Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by Ajixegun: 3:52pm On Jan 13, 2018
Is he saying the truth or not?
Go to any embassy or passport offices and see how people are eager to leave the country for better places, as for me I concur with Trump. All African leader should in every effort make African countries havens for Africans too.
Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by UncleJudax(m): 3:52pm On Jan 13, 2018
biggy26:

The last time I checked, he insulted the fat boy fearlessly. Get your facts right.
He doesnt deal with facts...He Just Said it...Just because he can.

1 Like

Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:54pm On Jan 13, 2018
ivolt:

I suppose you are a European or you are too dumb to realize the target of the insult.
European or not is he lying?
Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by eph12(m): 3:56pm On Jan 13, 2018
FisifunKododada:

We don't need Trump as a friend of Africa, neither are we agreeing with his choice of words because we want to make him a friend.

His only crime is that he is not from here so he has no right to say what we have been telling ourselves here since.

1 Like

Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 13, 2018
african union is mad! what have they done about the slavery in libya up till now?

1 Like

Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:57pm On Jan 13, 2018
FisifunKododada:
Why are some Nigerians supporting Trump so strongly? How can you support a man who does NOT see you as a human being? Let me tell you something that might shock you:- If Trump was offered a good deal for himself that includes wiping out Nigeria with a nuclear bomb as a condition , guess what - Trump will bomb Nigeria out of the earth without hesitation. If you support this man, what does that say about you?
do we see ourselves as human beings. What have you done in benue flood, benue killings, benue war. Just benue o. I won't even mention economy. It's not by claiming moral high ground. Actions speak louder than words. They're just accepting FACT NOT OPINION.
Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:58pm On Jan 13, 2018
planetx:
Not every country in Africa is a shithole some are actually doing well. But Nigeria is definitely a shithole.
like which one
Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:01pm On Jan 13, 2018
dudebuck:
I beg to differ, Nnamdi Kanu called Nigeria a zoo, you people called for his head, now call for DT's head.
Kanu had nothing to compare. His land just as zooish (baby manufacturing, church robbing, jungle justicIng, kidnapping, money worshipping) just like the rest of the country
Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by InvertedHammer: 4:01pm On Jan 13, 2018
If only insults would wake African leaders up from slumber especially Buhari, I will give thumbs up to Trump.

I don't know about Africa as a continent but Nigeria sure is a sh!t hole.

/

1 Like

Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:07pm On Jan 13, 2018
FisifunKododada:

That is not his message. His message is: If you are from Africa we don't want you in America.

Na by force you must enter the America?
Why not fix the Africa with your educational achievement

YET Africans in America have the higher educational achievement that native born Americans. Go to America (I have and you should too if you have the opportunity) and see African doctors, engineers, scientists etc. making huge contributions in that country.
Building another man's
countryNot helping your argument.

You can see his insult as a challenge but that does not mean you should agree with him. If we Africans cannot even separate our friends from our foes - then how can we even improve our conditions?
So you think liberals are your friends
How have they helped you for last 60 years

Trump is not a friend of Africa - because he is a racist and its well documented.
His job is not to be your friend
It is to be his ppl friend

It seems some of you are supporting him out of frustration about your living conditions. You are allowing the challenges you face everyday to blind you from seeing his hatred for you as a human being.
Is it Obama or Clinton that loves you
Nobody loves you
Even we don't love
ourselveS

You can disagree with Buhari, GEJ, Obasanjo or any other politician but that does not mean you have to agree with Trump to spite them.
We're not agreeing with Trump
We're agreeing with the truth.
So if Trump says the sun is hot we should not agree with him cos he doesn't like us.?
Get sense abeg

This is not a psychologically healthy way to live your life.
but running to the US instead of fixing our continent is abi?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: AU Reacts To Donald Trump's "Shithole Countries" Comment About Africa by planetx: 4:07pm On Jan 13, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
like which one
Rwanda, Botswana,Namibia, Ghana, South Africa, Tanzania etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ukrainian Military Killed Vitaly Gerasimov: Second Russian General Killed! / President Donald Trump's First Official Visit To The U.K. (photos) / People Gather Outside Buckingham, Windsor, And Balmoral To Mourn The Queen(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.