Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,996 members, 7,799,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Should Civic Studies Be Introduced In Our Educational System ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Civic Studies Be Introduced In Our Educational System ? (411 Views)

Apostle Suleman Preaches Against Sending Children For Studies Abroad / Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? / Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Civic Studies Be Introduced In Our Educational System ? by Desyner: 2:59pm On Jan 13, 2018

Should Civic Studies Be Introduced in Our Educational System ?

Every day I see people fight religious leaders for things that are primarily the responsibility of the government.
Things like roads, healthcare, education, industries are now used to rate the works of religious leader instead of the govt.
People are happy to graduate and not practice what they have studied but expect the society to have enough skilled hands and function smoothly.
Take private universities as example, most of them were established to address specific problems facing the society today, if the govt was up and doing I am sure most of the private universities won't attract as much interest as they are attracting today.
My stance is that govt should re-introduce civic studies into our system so people become more aware about how the society is suppose to function and make better decisions.
What do Nairalanders think?
Re: Should Civic Studies Be Introduced In Our Educational System ? by HeyCorleone(m): 3:11pm On Jan 13, 2018
Personally I feel these religious leaders, or churches are rich enough to provide social amenities. I mean it's one of their functions. It's not enough to collect tithe.
Re: Should Civic Studies Be Introduced In Our Educational System ? by Desyner: 4:15pm On Jan 13, 2018
HeyCorleone:
Personally I feel these religious leaders, or churches are rich enough to provide social amenities. I mean it's one of their functions. It's not enough to collect tithe.
Even though it is just what you feel, I will pretend you are right and go on to say this : social amenities is not the responsibility or even primary responsibility of the church.
Charity is different from responsibility. A father has his offspring to take care of physically and spiritually as his responsibility.
He may then do charity to widows around as his financial strength dictates.
The mere fact that "you feel the church is rich enough" doesn't transfer the task of social amenities provision to churches
Re: Should Civic Studies Be Introduced In Our Educational System ? by HeyCorleone(m): 4:19pm On Jan 13, 2018
Desyner:
Even though it is just what you feel, I will pretend you are right and go on to say this : social amenities is not the responsibility or even primary responsibility of the church.
Charity is different from responsibility. A father has his offspring to take care of physically and spiritually as his responsibility.
He may then do charity to widows around as his financial strength dictates.
The mere fact that "you feel the church is rich enough" doesn't transfer the task of social amenities provision to churches

I am not transferring all to them. But they have a role to play.

Someone yesterday pointed out that institution opened by Tai Solarin, a supposed atheist, is way way way more affordable than those opened by these churches. It goes a long way to show you just how little they are doing.
Re: Should Civic Studies Be Introduced In Our Educational System ? by Desyner: 4:46pm On Jan 13, 2018
HeyCorleone:

I am not transferring all to them. But they have a role to play.

Someone yesterday pointed out that institution opened by Tai Solarin, a supposed atheist, is way way way more affordable than those opened by these churches. It goes a long way to show you just how little they are doing.

I hope the Tai Solarin institution matches the private church uni in terms of what the students enjoy. Stop introducing wrong comparison here. Doesn't the church give scholarship beyond first degree among many other things.
With civic studies I believe we won't be having this conversation.

(1) (Reply)

Sex Dolls Sinful?! The Truth / Rccg Fasting And Prayer(26/01/2017) Day 16 / Police Arrest Onitsha ‘beggars’ Who Make N25,000 Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.