Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,595 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Love The Same Way Christ Loves You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love The Same Way Christ Loves You (357 Views)

Can You Love Your Wife The Way Christ Loved The Church / Do You Know JESUS CHRIST Loves You And Want You To Be Saved? / Repent Now Before It's Too Late, Christ Loves You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love The Same Way Christ Loves You by FaithfulServant(m): 8:38pm On Jan 13, 2018
“This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you” (John 15:12).

We have being called to have the heart of love as Christians. To love our neighbors as we love ourselves (Matthew 22:39). Christ exemplified this love when He lay down His own life for the sins of the whole world (John 15:13). Without the death of Jesus on the cross of Calvary, man would have been eternally lost forever.

God love man so much that He sent His only begotten son to die for man because it is not the will of God for any man to perish but all should come to the knowledge of the truth through Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:9).

We are to love just the same way God the Father love us by sending His Son Jesus to die for us. We are to love God Himself with all our mind and heart (Matthew 22:37).

Love here does not only imply loving our loved ones alone, but loving everyone as Christ loved us. It does not only involve loving our children but loving every other children that doesn’t even belong to us.

Love involves forgiving one another when we have been wronged by someone. We are all sinners (Romans 3:23) and have offended God with our sins but yet God loves us and sent His only begotten son to die for us (Romans 5:8 ). He is even still faithful and just to forgive our sins (1 John 1:9). When wronged, we should easily forgive so that our prayers will not be hindered (Mark 11:25).

All things always work together for good for them that love both God and man (Romans 8:28). This love is not exemplified only by words but by actions (Matthew 12:11).

Husbands has been called to love their wives even as Christ also loves us (Ephesians 5:25). They are to love their wives as they love themselves (Ephesians 5:28). Forgiving one another whenever they wrong each other.

If you don’t have the heart of love, you should pray to God to take that stony heart that lacks love from you and give you the heart full of love (Ezekiel 36:26).

Prayer

Dear Lord Jesus. I come before you today. Please Lord give me the heart of love to love my neighbors because without your love you have for me, you would not have sent your Son to die for me on the cross. Take away every heart of hatred from me and give me the heart of love. I pray in the name of Jesus, Amen.

https://www.gospelandtruth.com/2018/01/love-same-way-christ-loves-you.html?m=1

Re: Love The Same Way Christ Loves You by EEZe(m): 9:25pm On Jan 13, 2018
through Christ our Lord Amen

1 Like

Re: Love The Same Way Christ Loves You by FaithfulServant(m): 6:05am On Jan 14, 2018
EEZe:
through Christ our Lord Amen

Amen

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / 3 Biblical Examples Of Resolving Conflict In Your Life / Your Time Of Favour Is Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.