Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,190 members, 7,780,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:14 PM

Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) (10220 Views)

President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post / Blair House: Buhari's Official Accommodation During His Visit To The US (photo) / Obama To Host Buhari At Blair House For Three Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:35am On Apr 12, 2010
Nigeria’s acting president Goodluck E. Jonathan met with US president Obama today at the Blair House, which serves as US President Obama’s Guest House- a few meters across from the White House. Mr. Jonathan was accompanied to the meeting by Nigeria’s Permanent Representative to the United nations, Joy Ogwu, the minister of foreign affairs Odein Ajumogobia,ddand  Nigeria Ambassador to the US, Ade Adefuye.

Saharareporters learnt that Jonathan could not be accompanied by any of the state governors in his delegation because the governors could not agree amongss themselves who will accompany the “Acting President” to see Obama.

There were also some hitches because Nigerian embassy officials in Washington DC did not send the names of some Jonathan aides and their photos on time to enable them get clearance to enter the venue of the meeting.

The meeting with Obama, which was scheduled as a courtesy call, lasted 15 minutes after which Jonathan met with US state Department officials before retiring to his hotel -The Westin Grand, Washington D.C.

Obama’s meeting with Jonathan was his first meeting with any Nigerian leader since coming to office in January 2009. Today, in addition to meeting Jonathan, President Obama also met India Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Jacob Zuma of South Africa, and Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani of Pakistan.

Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:59am On Apr 12, 2010
pix

Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 3:03am On Apr 12, 2010
p

Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by trueword: 3:03am On Apr 12, 2010
I think getting to interact with other world leaders will be very good for Jonathan.
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by naijaking1: 3:10am On Apr 12, 2010
I like it.
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by mafioso2(m): 3:43am On Apr 12, 2010
This is 1 of d tins Iya Aladura Yaradua couldn't achieve in his 3yrs in Office, Ryde On my Presido dem no reach,
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by hbabe(f): 3:58am On Apr 12, 2010
Nice pictures. Beginning of good things for the acting president.
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by Nobody: 4:11am On Apr 12, 2010
EHEn!! cheesy see as goodluck dey shine cheesy na so presido suppose be, no be that yeye one wey be like ostrich looking sickly man angry angry
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by Nobody: 4:13am On Apr 12, 2010
OMG, thatz the best looking "president" we've had so far grin grin
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by Kobojunkie: 4:20am On Apr 12, 2010
On the same day, April 11th , Obama met

NOTE: Many more leaders arrived on the same day for the Nuclear Summit scheduled for April 12th

Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by slap1(m): 5:28am On Apr 12, 2010
Nice one. But na my eyes or Obama dey fear to hold Bro J for the first pics?
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by trueword: 5:47am On Apr 12, 2010
slap1:

Nice one. But na my eyes or Obama dey fear to hold Bro J for the first pics?

Na your eye
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by mahal(m): 6:48am On Apr 12, 2010
RICHIE BOI:

Saharareporters learnt that Jonathan could not be accompanied by any of the state governors in his delegation because the governors could not agree amongss themselves who will accompany the “Acting President” to see Obama.

Ohakim wants to see obama grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by slap1(m): 7:08am On Apr 12, 2010
trueword:

Na your eye
Abi? Or even my phone.
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by kosovo(m): 7:17am On Apr 12, 2010
hOW COME no one is seeing what i am seeing
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by Sunofgod(m): 7:26am On Apr 12, 2010
He looks endorsed - Jonathan 2011
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by PapaBrowne(m): 9:12am On Apr 12, 2010
kosovo:

What are you seeing?

Ok maybe its the same thing I am seeing. Jonathan somewhat avoids eyes contact with Obama. I think thats just the Camera.

But he looks quite presidential. He is obviously doesn't have an imposing clout like OBJ, but for a first time visit this is good,

All the same, great great great pictures!! A boost to Jonathan and a boost for Nigeria!
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by 190: 9:20am On Apr 12, 2010
Jonanthan fu!~ck up

Since the Governors nor wan go

him for carry me 190 follow body

even if na door i stand

shaking nor dey!
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by onyengbu1(m): 10:11am On Apr 12, 2010
PapaBrowne:

But he looks quite presidential. He is obviously doesn't have an imposing clout like OBJ, but for a first time visit this is good,

No body can beat OBJ in that. The only thing hes got bad is his face. That aside, his appearance can intinidate even Dick Cheney. grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 12, 2010
kosovo:

Kosovo, what are you seeing, (is it the fact that he tried to avoid direct eye contact with Obama?) hope it's positive.  grin

This is his 1st public appearance on the biggest stage and therefore we cannot rule out an element of timidity.

All in all, I feel very happy seeing the pictures of my President in a very long time. Something inside of me is just comfortable with this man as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by phraoh(m): 10:22am On Apr 12, 2010
FL Gators:

OMG, thatz the best looking "president" we've had so far grin grin

And the best lookin Foreign-Affairs Minister so far also.
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 12, 2010
phraoh:

And the best lookin Foreign-Affairs Minister so far also.

You definitely can say that all over again wink

And to add to it, the President has one of the tallest and most intimidating ADC
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 12, 2010
onye_ngbu:

No body can beat OBJ in that. The only thing hes got bad is his face. That aside, his appearance can intinidate even D. Cheney. grin

Yeah OBJ got loads of confidence.  cool  You've got remember he has been moving in such circles since his first time as military leader in the Seventies, so he just naturally got better with time.
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by globalaid(m): 10:45am On Apr 12, 2010
God we pray that your hand will be on our great country forever, we are not suppose to be crawling but to be flying, all the forces holding our country down are destroy in Jesus name. Happy to be a Nigerian.
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by DOAweb(m): 10:47am On Apr 12, 2010
Not a bad start I have to admit!  cool
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by yahoo2(m): 11:09am On Apr 12, 2010
The begining of good relations with the US. cheesy
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by yourangel: 11:23am On Apr 12, 2010
I just love this my Acting President smiley

Go! Goodluck Jonathan go! Our prayers are with you!! smiley

Happy to be a Nigerian once again

Long Live GJ! Long live Nigeria. God bless Nigerians!!
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

On the same day, April 11th , Obama met

NOTE: Many more leaders arrived on the same day for the Nuclear Summit scheduled for April 12th

[size=18pt]bad belle go kill you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by safeact(m): 11:35am On Apr 12, 2010
How come d USA flag is behind GJ and d nigerians green white green behind Obama? Could that be an error or because of d bilateral relation? Can some1 clarify me on that.
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by egift(m): 11:36am On Apr 12, 2010
PapaBrowne:

What are you seeing?

Ok maybe its the same thing I am seeing. Jonathan somewhat avoids eyes contact with Obama. I think thats just the Camera.

All the same, great great great pictures!! A boost to Jonathan and a boost for Nigeria!

This is a great step and another "goodluck" for him.

@ PapaBrowne:
For other "eye-contact-pictures", go to http:///goodluck-jonathan-meets-obama.html
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by Wrex(m): 11:41am On Apr 12, 2010
Something in me just lights up each time i see this guy.I think Nigerians are in good hands
Re: Jonathan Meets Obama At Blair House(pics) by agitator: 11:44am On Apr 12, 2010
safeact:

How come d USA flag is behind GJ and d nigerians green white green behind Obama? Could that be an error or because of d bilateral relation? Can some1 clarify me on that.

What of the flags of the other countries? Is there anything special about Nigerian flag being behind Jonathan?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG, Columbia University To Commence Gold Production In Kebbi / 2023: Obi Is Very Competent, Capable To Lead Nigeria — Bode George / New PDP HQ Marked For Demolition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.