Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,619 members, 7,770,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:28 PM

Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake (20974 Views)

Buy This Land, It’s Affordable Now! / "This Land Is Not For Sale" Notice Is Causing Stir Online (Photo) / Get 50% ROI In This Land Banking In 6mnths With Cofo+free Deed+pics+video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by drewe20(m): 1:36am On Jan 14, 2018
PLEASE AVOID THIS LAND INVESTMENT MISTAKE

A real estate surveyor friend of mine called me concerning a client of his who has about 2 hectares of land in Ogun state. This man bought the land, obtained a C of O (Certificate of Occupancy), and didn’t bother visiting the land for more than 10 years. His plan was to buy, keep it for some years and sell it later at a good price.

Now he needs money and wants to sell but he does not know how to locate the land because the whole area is now built-up. The area has undergone massive development.

Due to the man’s situation, we decided to help him locate his land free of charge. We were able to locate the land using the coordinates on the Survey Plan.
Unfortunately, sitting on the man’s land now is a boarding school that has been operational for years!

Please learn from this man’s mistake. If you want to buy land, keep it for some years and sell at a good profit, find a way to keep an eye on it. Visit the land often, lease it to a mechanic, have someone in the area watch over it for you or use it for farming.

Keep an eye on your investment.

116 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by rayblings(m): 2:35am On Jan 14, 2018
shocked shocked

Bang DE DE deng!!!

Hmmmm this is an eye opener.

Well the school should either pay for the land or remove their facility on it and take it elsewhere. Simple.

21 Likes

Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by MrMcJay(m): 11:46am On Jan 14, 2018
Lalasticlala, pls move this to the permanent site let Nairalanders learn.

1 Like

Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by Jethrolite(m): 12:20pm On Jan 14, 2018
Wow
Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by ihebrooke(m): 12:27pm On Jan 14, 2018
@ drewe20, thanks for the info. However, I would like to know how everything was resolved. Did they settle the issue?

3 Likes

Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by 3millionia: 2:38pm On Jan 14, 2018
this is serious grin

learnt today, op thanks alot
Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by AroOkigbo(m): 2:38pm On Jan 14, 2018
No survey plan? No coordinates?
Mtcheeew! angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by Monimatic(m): 2:38pm On Jan 14, 2018
A real estate surveyor friend of mine called me concerning a client of his who has about 2 hectares of land in Ogun state. This man bought the land, obtained a C of O (Certificate of Occupancy), and didn’t bother visiting the land for more than 10 years. His plan was to buy, keep it for some years and sell it later at a good price.

grin grin grin

The man is a Dullard like Buhari

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by NwaNimo1(m): 2:38pm On Jan 14, 2018
Will do...
Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by slawomir: 2:39pm On Jan 14, 2018
but wait o you go just buy land abandon am make he become forest for the area simply because you want make profit in the future. definitely the community go resell am na make the area for develop.
hahahahhahahahahahhahh

those bull shiit used to happen regularly in Benin City.

a situation were you buy land and before you could say jack Robinson another high budget asss moda fucker will just develop it for you simply because the land was resold for failling to develop it yourself on time

But since the new oba came to power
oba ewuare ii ne ogidigan
he put an end to those rubbish. ordered CDA and those chairmen wahalar to stop. that is community development association.

although the thing affect my family small sha
unto one of my uncle na chairman for one community for Benin before the oba put an end
that year we go just dey chop money anyhow
dey drink bear
boys go just dey call my uncle

"he is a chair there"
that year enough cars for our compound before but now na only one Lexus 350 remain.
he pain me small sha
that time if you want build your house you must pay
to connect light you must pay
to sink bore you go pay

7 Likes

Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by engrlarex(m): 2:39pm On Jan 14, 2018
Nna na this wan dem dey call "waa gbon"
Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by freeman95(m): 2:40pm On Jan 14, 2018
Hahahahahahahaha

Who he wan follow drag now

grin
Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by Xisnin(m): 2:41pm On Jan 14, 2018
Since you have located the land, evicting the invaders shouldn't be a problem.

6 Likes

Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 14, 2018
Xisnin:
Since you have located the land, evicting the invaders shouldn't be a problem.
Abi, d man even get c of o

6 Likes

Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by mapist(m): 2:48pm On Jan 14, 2018
drewe20:

Now he needs money and wants to sell but he does not know how to locate the land because the whole area is now built-up. The area has undergone massive development.

Due to the man’s situation, we decided to help him locate his land free of charge. We were able to locate the land using the coordinates on the Survey Plan.
Unfortunately, sitting on the man’s land now is a boarding school that has been operational for years!

Please learn from this man’s mistake. If you want to buy land, keep it for some years and sell at a good profit, find a way to keep an eye on it. Visit the land often, lease it to a mechanic, have someone in the area watch over it for you or use it for farming.

Bro, this is not supposed to be told to someone; it is common knowledge. Well, i am happy he has nothing to lose because he did a registered survey n has C of O.

1 Like

Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by manmidtexy(m): 2:49pm On Jan 14, 2018
Thanks op.

Ur writeup may seem everybody know it but this info is hgihly educative to put land owners to remembrance always to check from time to time on their properties.

2 Likes

Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 14, 2018
Land issues. Very delicate.

Student or Housewife? Check my signature on how to make money easily in 2018.
Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by idu1(m): 3:00pm On Jan 14, 2018
The land belongs to the man as long as he have the necessary documents with him.

The school should vacant the land as soon as possible or pay the man by giving him huge money undecided

6 Likes

Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by GoldNiagara(m): 3:02pm On Jan 14, 2018
drewe20:

He can still get his land back. Before 12 years limitation of time catch up with him by going to court.

1 Like

Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by GoldNiagara(m): 3:04pm On Jan 14, 2018
idu1:
The land belongs to the man as long as he have the necessary documents with him.

The school should vacant the land as soon as possible or pay the man by giving him huge money undecided

After twelve years of the trespass, the man's right to the land in law is extinguished. He should act fast now.

2 Likes

Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by idu1(m): 3:08pm On Jan 14, 2018
GoldNiagara:

After ten years of the trespass, the man's right to the land in law is extinguished. He should act fast now.
Except you talking from legal perspective.
Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 14, 2018
rayblings:
shocked shocked

Bang DE DE deng!!!

Hmmmm this is an eye opener.

Well the school should either pay for the land or remove their facility on it and take it elsewhere. Simple.
cheesy see mouth
Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by nairabacks(f): 3:16pm On Jan 14, 2018
OPIC
Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by rentorbuildng: 3:19pm On Jan 14, 2018
I often advise my clients, if you want to buy two plots, instead buy one and use the extra cash to fence the purchased one plot.
Always fence your property. At least, Omo onile won't scale fence to come build.
Call or text me for your building enquiries...

3 Likes

Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by emmadejust(m): 3:19pm On Jan 14, 2018
No be small matter...

Elder needs to investigate the matter embarassed embarassed

1 Share

Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by GoldNiagara(m): 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2018
idu1:
Except you talking from legal perspective.

Yeah, he should quickly take out a suit before it will be too late to go to court.
Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by ndat(m): 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2018
learnt thanks OP
Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by blessed2018: 3:56pm On Jan 14, 2018
drewe20:

Well, is there no way for him to get back the land since he has the original papers?
Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by stchinedu: 4:07pm On Jan 14, 2018
GoldNiagara:

Yeah, he should quickly take out a suit before it will be too late to go to court.
You are very correct. I got to know about this when our church had issues with the host community. The church wanted to fence the land after some years of existing but the community wouldn't allow that because part of the land was already being used as a short cut to the village...

It was a policeman that advised the church to act fast because after some specific years of being used as an access road, the church will lose her right on that part of the land.
Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by rawtouch: 4:19pm On Jan 14, 2018
jos imagine..
Re: Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake by guru03(m): 4:22pm On Jan 14, 2018
A good lesson, I fought many chiefs cos of land issue s to an extend I was treaten with dead. am trying to reduce the land now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Electrical Cables / Ikeja Gra Mansion For 475 Milion / How To Mix And Measurement Of A Concrete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.