Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,027 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 (32746 Views)

Arsenal Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 1st April 2018 / Chelsea Vs Stoke (5. - 0) On 30th December 2017 / Stoke City Vs Manchester United (2 - 2) On 9th September 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by Nelsizzy(m): 8:45am On Jan 16, 2018
DAmericanDream:
KDB has the best midfield and player stat so far this season in the EPL and considering his contribution to City title charge that is why he is the early favorite for the PFA award come May. Good nite! grin
And your brain couldn't tell you that KDB has played 23 EPL matches while Pogba has played 13. So definitely he should have higher number of shot, passes, tackles and all the stats you posted above. Gush
Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by 1nioluwa: 8:45am On Jan 16, 2018
it's a pity that lukaku isn't better than Morata. it's the woodoo of a thing that is helping him.
Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 16, 2018
But but de bruyne is the best midfielder

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by Bibidear(f): 10:07am On Jan 16, 2018
Sheun001:

Yeah I saw bakayoko disgracing him cheesy
lol,thats a nightmare
Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by chukzyfcbb: 10:23am On Jan 16, 2018
Its obvious manutd fans are more on this platform.
Being the PFA is more than just goals/assist, hazard has won pfa but hazard hasn't even scored 20goals in a season for Chelsea.

Its all about your influence in the team and in Big games. Kevin Debryne may not have a lot of assist to his name because there are other creative players in the team (David Silva, Leroy sane).

Paul Pogba is the only creative guy in manutds attack, the rest players have been playing pissfully.

This season as at the time of commenting, Kevin debryne is doing more than any midfielder in the EPL, his contribution is more immense than Pogba as at this time. PFA player transcends beyond goals/assist , remember hazard has never scored 20goals in a season but he he has won it.
Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by Sheun001(m): 10:32am On Jan 16, 2018
Bibidear:
lol,thats a nightmare

Lol funny you Lemme alone grin

Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 11:10am On Jan 16, 2018
openmine:

well the world of football has changed....its not really about how many take ons or dribbles U make but U influence and impact on a match.....
for now,KDB utilizes his strength to influence matches for city....unlike pogba....
Don't get me wrong pogba is a very good midfielder and can become the best....All he needs to do is cut out dose excesses from his game and influence the game better for manutd.....
Let him bring consistency and end product to his game and watch how he will influence games beta esp top games!

That's why they spent that huge amount to bring him to united!
To whom much is paid for.....more is expected!
you are right. But trust me, for someone to have same number of assists as the rest, with less games, he surely is an influencer.
Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by engrelvis(m): 11:25am On Jan 16, 2018
chukzyfcbb:
Its obvious manutd fans are more on this platform.
Being the PFA is more than just goals/assist, hazard has won pfa but hazard hasn't even scored 20goals in a season for Chelsea.

Its all about your influence in the team and in Big games. Kevin Debryne may not have a lot of assist to his name because there are other creative players in the team (David Silva, Leroy sane).

Paul Pogba is the only creative guy in manutds attack, the rest players have been playing pissfully.

This season as at the time of commenting, Kevin debryne is doing more than any midfielder in the EPL, his contribution is more immense than Pogba as at this time. PFA player transcends beyond goals/assist , remember hazard has never scored 20goals in a season but he he has won it.
very correct.i dnt want to go into d issue of KDB or pogba being better dan each other.d point I like here is pogba is d only creative midfielder dat we v unlike man city dat also v sane n Silva.i dnt know what is wrong with mikhiteryan.is either he has lost form or mourino is nt playing him in d right position
Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by dabossman(m): 11:35am On Jan 16, 2018
Mikehell:
I m a MUFC die hard fan though but I will pick KDB ahead of Pogba dis season....
KDB play more intelligent nd good football than pogba who waste too much touches on d ball....
And sm1 shud talk some sense to J.Mou... why waste so much fortune nd talent on a 29yr old player who will even be free at d end of the season..
mikhi deserves another chance cuz mou cause his decline in form...

The bolded is the key to this argument. "this season". Ngolo Kante was the best player in the league last season. Does that make him a better midfielder than KDB? The answer is no. This argument will only make sense if it is on the basis of the player's all-round attributes over a period of time.

3 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by openmine(m): 11:40am On Jan 16, 2018
MosquitoREBIRTH:
you are right. But trust me, for someone to have same number of assists as the rest, with less games, he surely is an influencer.
True!
But i wish he could add that consistency to his game!
Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 16, 2018
openmine:

True!
But i wish he could add that consistency to his game!

He has fewer games to assist. Who needs the consistency here
Pogba or de bruyne!?
Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by openmine(m): 1:06pm On Jan 16, 2018
maynia:

He has fewer games to assist. Who needs the consistency here
Pogba or de bruyne!?
did u watch the game manutd played against Southampton?
wat was the influence of pogba in that game?
there are other games where he wud have influenced the game beta for united....

So far de bryne has done very well for man city and still doing well....so consistency ain't a problem 4 him!

Am not taking any thing away from pogba...he is such an amazing player and a top top midfield maestro but if he doesn't add consistency to his performances week in week out for manutd,U may just see united going into the market again to shop for a midfielder with a beta end product like de bryne!
Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by SmartyPants(m): 2:19pm On Jan 16, 2018
Sheun001:

Keep ranting all you like
You won today so enjoy
And the day you ever carry those your filthy fingers and type something bad against Pogba
May ogun strike your phone

Most of you just want to talk about football because everybody is talking! But deep inside your mind you know you don't know anything.

Imagine comparing De Bruyne and Pogba... just because De Bruyne gets the plaudits without bothering to analyse the game well.

De Bruyne has played almost double the amount of games Pogba has played this season in an efficient attaching team surrounded by world class attackers whereas Pogba despite having played half as many games, surrounded by inconsistent attackers has the same amount of assists.

So how can you even dream of comparing the two? Paul Pogba is clearly the most complete and most effective midfielder in the world.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 16, 2018
openmine:

did u watch the game manutd played against Southampton?
wat was the influence of pogba in that game?
there are other games where he wud have influenced the game beta for united....

So far de bryne has done very well for man city and still doing well....so consistency ain't a problem 4 him!

Am not taking any thing away from pogba...he is such an amazing player and a top top midfield maestro but if he doesn't add consistency to his performances week in week out for manutd,U may just see united going into the market again to shop for a midfielder with a beta end product like de bryne!

Wtf
You are using a game to judge a player.. Na all games de bruyne dey perform Abi?

What consistency are you taking about..
I have 9 assist in 13 games and you have the same assist in like 20+ games?
Who should b he worried about consistency?

Don't you know math nih?

pogba has 4 assist in is last 2 matches. How many does de bruyne have in is last 10 matches?

And do you know Manchester United has never Lost a premier league with Pogba in the match?

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by openmine(m): 4:10pm On Jan 16, 2018
maynia:

Wtf
You are using a game to judge a player.. Na all games de bruyne dey perform Abi?

What consistency are you taking about..
I have 9 assist in 13 games and you have the same assist in like 20+ games?
Who should b he worried about consistency?

Don't you know math nih?

pogba has 4 assist in is last 2 matches. How many does de bruyne have in is last 10 matches?

And do you know Manchester United has never Lost a premier league with Pogba in the match?
Its unfortunate that U cant comprehend my points.....maybe its because ur fanship is clouding ur sense of objectivity!
As it stands presently,who do U think will win the PFA if its done now?
Stop being sentimental!
Even a game can be used to judge a very player.....for crying out loud we are not talking about an average midfielder playing for an average club side!
We are talking about pogba.....
If U watched pogba at juventus,U will know he is playing half of what he is playing at the english prem!
it was after the game against southampton that he stepped up..
...Lets stop celebrating mediocrity!
Pogba is much much better than what he is playing right now.....am only challenging him not mocking him!
Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 16, 2018
openmine:

Its unfortunate that U cant comprehend my points.....maybe its because ur fanship is clouding ur sense of objectivity!
As it stands presently,who do U think will win the PFA if its done now?
Stop being sentimental!
Even a game can be used to judge a very player.....for crying out loud we are not talking about an average midfielder playing for an average club side!
We are talking about pogba.....
If U watched pogba at juventus,U will know he is playing half of what he is playing at the english prem!
it was after the game against southampton that he stepped up..
...Lets stop celebrating mediocrity!
Pogba is much much better than what he is playing right now.....am only challenging him not mocking him!

Pogba was better in juventus?
How?
Lol
Bring out your stat let's compare it

It's not about mediocrity, it is about having common sense.. Let another club apart from Manchester United and Manchester City win the epl. And let's see who they will give the PFA
Rada Rada..
You see stat ,you still no think.

3 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 16, 2018
So is only de bruyne that is perfect?
He doesn't need improvement
Cause you have yet to say anything about de bruyne. 9 assist in 23 games
But someone that has 9 assist in 13 games .is that one that needs to improve... Olodo
Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by openmine(m): 5:00pm On Jan 16, 2018
maynia:

Pogba was better in juventus?
How?
Lol
Bring out your stat let's compare it

It's not about mediocrity, it is about having common sense.. Let another club apart from Manchester United and Manchester City win the epl. And let's see who they will give the PFA
Rada Rada..
You see stat ,you still no think.
I dont like arguing when every one including U has access to the internet!
But for the benefit of others viewing,check the stats and stop arguing blindly...Pogba had the best stats when he was at juventus!
2015/2016 was his best season for juventus!

Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 16, 2018
openmine:

I dont like arguing when every one including U has access to the internet!
But for the benefit of others viewing,check the stats and stop arguing blindly...Pogba had the best stats when he was at juventus!
2015/2016 was his best season for juventus!

Lol
He has 12 assist and 8 goals in 33 matches
And that's the best season

Season never finish ooo
And he already has 9 assist

You no look am before you post am?
Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by openmine(m): 5:41pm On Jan 16, 2018
maynia:

Lol
He has 12 assist and 8 goals in 33 matches
And that's the best season

Season never finish ooo
And he already has 9 assist

You no look am before you post am?
Why do U like changing the goal post....i told U he played his best football at juventus and U said i sud give U stats and am not making sense...
Now i have given U a free stat and U are still yapping! cheesy
Why didn't he outshine this feat last season when he came to manutd?

Thats why i said he can do better than what he did at juventus and U are here arguing unnecessarily....
The funny part is that am even saying he can do far better than what he is doing right.....that's how good he is...and U are thinking am attacking pogba simply because u cant comprehend my explicit statements!

Bro next time learn how to separate objectivity from sentiments!
Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 16, 2018
openmine:

Why do U like changing the goal post....i told U he played his best football at juventus and U said i sud give U stats and am not making sense...
Now i have given U a free stat and U are still yapping! cheesy
Why didn't he outshine this feat last season when he came to manutd?

Thats why i said he can do better than what he did at juventus and U are here arguing unnecessarily....
The funny part is that am even saying he can do far better than what he is doing right.....that's how good he is...and U are thinking am attacking pogba simply because u cant comprehend my explicit statements!

Bro next time learn how to separate objectivity from sentiments!

Lol bro calm down
You said the Pogba of Juventus is better than the Pogba of today.. lol

You self look am 33 games --12 assist
And 12 games --9 assist..

Calm down and think

He played his best football
With 12 assist in 33 games really?

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by openmine(m): 6:29pm On Jan 16, 2018
maynia:

Lol bro calm down
You said the Pogba of Juventus is better than the Pogba of today.. lol

You self look am 33 games --12 assist
And 12 games --9 assist..

Calm down and think

okay presently,can U say sincerely,that pogba has exceeded his best stats in Juventus?
what were his stats last season at United?
Please U are not only arguing blindly but unnecessarily....

See Pogba is a very good player and can be the best midfielder in the world....but he needs more than skills to be the best...
He has started well after that forgettable match against southampton,Now he needs to carry on from those highly rated performances against everton and stoke where he performed very well....if he can do this till the end of the season,he will exceed his best season at Juventus 2015/2016!
But this can only be done with CONSISTENCY! Comprendo?

Yes he was influential...had an excellent 2015/2016 season as a Juv player.....Is there any other record or stats that can compare to it?
If there is pls do well to get it....
Yes na beans to get 12 assists and 8 goals as a midfielder in a tight league like serie A?
If U think its easy go play in the serie A league!
Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 16, 2018
openmine:

okay presently,can U say sincerely,that pogba has exceeded his best stats in Juventus?
what were his stats last season at United?
Please U are not only arguing blindly but unnecessarily....

See Pogba is a very good player and can be the best midfielder in the world....but he needs more than skills to be the best...
He has started well after that forgettable match against southampton,Now he needs to carry on from those highly rated performances against everton and stoke where he performed very well....if he can do this till the end of the season,he will exceed his best season at Juventus 2015/2016!
But this can only be done with CONSISTENCY! Comprendo?

Yes he was influential...had an excellent 2015/2016 season as a Juv player.....Is there any other record or stats that can compare to it?
If there is pls do well to get it....
Yes na beans to get 12 assists and 8 goals as a midfielder in a tight league like serie A?
If U think its easy go play in the serie A league!

Na monster dey play in seria A Abi?
seria A no dey top 3 league
How many of there players dey top 100 FIFA/ballor d or best players.

You saying Pogba has 12 assist in 33 games was his best stat..
And now season is not over, still has 5 month
And Pogba already has 9 assist, just remaining 3..
Even if the league finish now. Pogba has the best stat to himself ever. Let's Talk about this season
You chose a season out of like 4 season in Juventus. Compare that his best stat in Juventus,to this season..
Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by openmine(m): 7:23pm On Jan 16, 2018
maynia:

Na monster dey play in seria A Abi?
seria A no dey top 3 league
How many of there players dey top 100 FIFA/ballor d or best players.

You saying Pogba has 12 assist in 33 games was his best stat..
And now season is not over, still has 5 month
And Pogba already has 9 assist, just remaining 3..
Even if the league finish now. Pogba has the best stat to himself ever. Let's Talk about this season
You chose a season out of like 4 season in Juventus. Compare that his best stat in Juventus,to this season..
cheesy cheesy
Am really enjoying this ur unwanted and unnecessary argument!
If i may ask...Is there any superior stat U can bring up that beats the stats he had in 2015/2016 at Juventus?
Thats his best stat so far!

Can he beat his stats at Juventus? of course he can....but only if he can get more end products to his game, play better,keep fit and know that he is better than what he plays currently....and its starts with the game against a plucky burnley!
So let the challenge begin cheesy cheesy
By the way,de bryne having 9 assists now doesnt mean he will stop having assists or goals.....So lets watch and see! cool cool
Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by Crownadex(m): 11:04pm On Feb 11, 2018
Geestunnar:
The Man United crew cool

Cc: Donaldduke2019 hardon monolisa185 desquad bmvees Alexchubee Apcmyheart bettercreature ammyluv2002 Crownadex ekhai aieromon Lesbianboy jusmudi gentle136 Lesbianboy hardon kyase monolisa185 seunny4lif desquad andrewfarms Tvegas hardeycute seunny4lif Proudlyngwa youdondeymad sirfee Ivanlxi don4yeHERSLEY Lily4star Khutie Bibidear dfrost Keneking tripoli007 greatmarshall lomprico ztanleechima Tychamps oluwaseyi000 tolufase zinachidi Ivanlxi arejibadz myners007 jtigwell0 lalasticlala RRWraith Kabeeru abeliver Maximus85 Adaumunocha ibolomo CrEaToRmaldenKingLennon iamharkinwaley mansakhalifa Omobolajiatanda Lh19 HamiidLyon chawtinz xynerise Nelsizzy architectHUrSH ottohan richybankx enemyofprogress KingLennon habbyy03 chiiraq802 akeeen haywhy28 HzRF Victornezzar szen offishialpablo ekhai nogoodadvice Dabossman iamharkinwaley EverGlorious CaptPlanet kstyle2 annie74 CecyAdri

Let's do this!!

u dae there joor Geestunnar

but what can we do to this Smalling's actions ? it's getting too much always
Re: Manchester United Vs Stoke City (3 - 0) On 15th January 2018 by Geestunnar(m): 7:56am On Feb 12, 2018
Crownadex:

u dae there joor Geestunnar

but what can we do to this Smalling's actions ? it's getting too much always
Mourinho has gotten too lenient. If it was down to me, I would relegate his unimproved and lethargic a** to the bench till the summer where I would offload him, Jones, blind and darmian for any fee obtainable.

GGMU!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Southampton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 31st August 2019 / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.