Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? (8919 Views)

On The SPOT Pictures of an Overt Teenage Romance / I'm In Shock. A 15 Year Old Girl Told Me This Today / I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 7:33pm On Jan 14, 2018
Hey guys, what do you think of a 15-year old being in a relationship? Having a boyfriend or a girlfriend? Do you see anything wrong in it?

Share your thoughts on the matter---and if you think it's wrong in any way, kindly give your reasons.
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by ReinaFarine: 7:35pm On Jan 14, 2018
To me 16 is the standard age to be in a real relationship

2 Likes

Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 7:36pm On Jan 14, 2018
ReinaFarine:
To me 16 is the standard age to be in a real relationship
Why do you think so?
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 14, 2018
Hmmm...

7 Likes

Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 14, 2018
Hell no. . .most Nigerian parents hear 'relationship' and immediately think 'sex' but the two are mutually exclusive. . .one can exist without the other. A relationship before age 16 (age of consent between minors in the US) could just involve both sides getting to know the opposite (or same) sex better, figuring out those new emotions that come with puberty, learning to respect each other and learning boundaries, appreciation and giving gifts, etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Pierohandsome: 7:47pm On Jan 14, 2018
Tozara:
Hey guys, what do you think of a 15-year old being in a relationship? Having a boyfriend or a girlfriend? Do you see anything wrong in it?

Share your thoughts on the matter---and if you think it's wrong in any way, kindly give your reasons.
little children that ought to be talking abt 2+2=4 are there discussing boyfrnd and girlfrnd

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 7:48pm On Jan 14, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:
Hmmm...
Lol. But it CAN last forever. I have seniors who were dating when I was in junior school, that are now MARRIED.

And, adults also CAN'T be sure that their relationship would last, so what's the point?

10 Likes

Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 14, 2018
Tozara:
Lol. But it CAN last forever. I have seniors who were dating when I was in junior school, that are now MARRIED.

And, adults also CAN'T be sure that their relationship would last, so what's the point?
Its the Nigerian mentality abeg. Both Snoop Dogg and Brian McKnight married their high school sweethearts. Those relationships might even help them discover themselves if they meet someone who's alike.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Daeylar(f): 7:51pm On Jan 14, 2018
Tozara:

Damn, that was hot grin
People like to add stupid things sha.
You asked if dating was ok not if it would last forever. grin
Clapback was strong grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by ReinaFarine: 7:53pm On Jan 14, 2018
Tozara:
Why do you think so?
Simple issue of maturity for both gender...
At least, 16 is the age people start getting more matured concerning issues of the opposite sex, plans for their lives and the people they think will fit the bill for their partner and stuffs..

Sixteen years old most times are in their final year of secondary school (Nigerian Standard) so I think that should be intro to adulthood
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 7:58pm On Jan 14, 2018
Pierohandsome:
little children that ought to be talking abt 2+2=4 are there discussing boyfrnd and girlfrnd
How old are you, sir?

I wasn't a "little child" at 15. The 15-year old of the 21st century is quite DIFFERENT from the 15-year old of 1974.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Daeylar(f): 8:01pm On Jan 14, 2018
Pierohandsome:

A 15 year old is a little child? Supposed to be talking about 2+2, especially in this day and age

2+2? undecided

You guys sef. undecided
In a bid to be condescending and act all sanctimonious and Holy, you guys just end up typing rubbish.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 8:04pm On Jan 14, 2018
AnonyNymous:

Its the Nigerian mentality abeg. Both Snoop Dogg and Brian McKnight married their high school sweethearts. Those relationships might even help them discover themselves if they meet someone who's alike.
Exactly.
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Mrjo(m): 8:07pm On Jan 14, 2018
AnonyNymous:
Hell no. . .most Nigerian parents hear 'relationship' and immediately think 'sex' but the two are mutually exclusive. . .one can exist without the other. A relationship before age 16 (age of consent between minors in the US) could just involve both sides getting to know the opposite (or same) sex better, figuring out those new emotions that come with puberty, learning to respect each other and learning boundaries, appreciation and giving gifts, etc.
what is being in reletionship? Or is the person dosent hav brothers or sisters
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 8:09pm On Jan 14, 2018
Daeylar:

Damn, that was hot grin
People like to add stupid things sha.
You asked if dating was ok not if it would last forever. grin
Clapback was strong grin
Abi nah. Even already married couple don't know if their marriage will last forever.
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Daeylar(f): 8:12pm On Jan 14, 2018
Tozara:
Abi nah. Even already married couple don't know if their marriage will last forever.

Chaii grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 14, 2018
Tozara:

you Are Obviously a Teenager. And To fvck don De Hungry You but Your Parents no Won Give You Space abi...

Here Is The Advice!

Wait Till You Are 21! BE PATIENT! Wetin You De Find Go Soon Taya you! God's Time Is The Best grin
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 8:13pm On Jan 14, 2018
ReinaFarine:

Simple issue of maturity for both gender...
At least, 16 is the age people start getting more matured concerning issues of the opposite sex, plans for their lives and the people they think will fit the bill for their partner and stuffs..

Sixteen years old most times are in their final year of secondary school (Nigerian Standard) so I think that should be intro to adulthood
Are you perhaps implying that a 15-year old is not mature enough? I was already as sophisticated as many older people at that age.

And I don't think there's much difference between a 15-year old and a 16-year old. A one-year difference certainly can't amount to much?
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 8:16pm On Jan 14, 2018
DeadRat:
you Are Obviously a Teenager. And To fvck don De Hungry You but Your Parents no Won Give You Space abi...

Here Is The Advice!

Wait Till You Are 21! BE PATIENT! Wetin You De Find Go Soon Taya you! God's Time Is The Best grin
Funny thing is, I'm already pretty close to the age you just mentioned.

Next time, you don't have to assume. JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION ASKED. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 14, 2018
Maturity is key for anyone going into a relationship

I believe most girls/boys in that age bracket(15teen) are not yet mature to make a very important decision like keeping a relationship

They maybe overwhelmed by the uncertainty and important decisions that comes with a romantic relationship. I.e. issues around sex and disappointed in relationships

However, we have cases where young teenagers have the exposure and maturity required, but it is very rare

1 Like

Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by ReinaFarine: 8:17pm On Jan 14, 2018
Tozara:
Are you perhaps implying that a 15-year old is not mature enough? I was already as sophisticated as many older people at that age.

And I don't think there's much difference between a 15-year old and a 16-year old. A one-year difference certainly can't amount to much?
Probably...
My kids will start dating at 16 though... Not a day before their 16th birthday
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 14, 2018
I had my first boyfriend at 15. It just depends on the individual.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by blackgold2018(m): 8:32pm On Jan 14, 2018
No matter how endowed or experienced a 15 - 17yrs old teenager is.. I feel repulsive to date them.

1 Like

Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Newboss(m): 8:33pm On Jan 14, 2018
She's underage! angry

You could land in jail for that! angry

Pedophilia! angry
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 14, 2018
I would say 21. I had my first actual one at that age. So children should follow in their dads footsteps.
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 14, 2018
Daeylar:

Chaii grin grin grin grin grin

I want to show you something.
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 14, 2018
blackgold2018:
No matter how endowed or experienced a 15 - 17yrs old teenager is.. I feel repulsive to date them.
Good thing you feel repulsed. Or else that'd be statutory rape. Because they're legally underage. That's pedophilia! Damn! The question is asking if its OK for them to date among each other! NOT YOU

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by ReinaFarine: 8:39pm On Jan 14, 2018
We mean amongst themselves... A man in his sixties to an eighteen years old self..
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Daeylar(f): 8:42pm On Jan 14, 2018
Honestly I would say wait till maybe 17, I don't have a reason though. I just feel that's a good age.
I would have said date at 18 but some people get married at 18,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 8:44pm On Jan 14, 2018
ReinaFarine:

Probably...
My kids will start dating at 16 though... Not a day before their 16th birthday
Doesn't mean they were less mature at 15. And you can't really have much control over WHEN your kids start dating. I'm telling you. You'll have not the slightest idea, depending on how smart they are. grin

So, it might not really be something for you to decide.

I started dating at 15, and it lasted longer than many adult relationships out there.

2 Likes

Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by ReinaFarine: 8:56pm On Jan 14, 2018
Tozara:
Doesn't mean they were less mature at 15. And you can't really have much control over WHEN your kids start dating. I'm telling you. You'll have not the slightest idea, depending on how smart they are. grin

So, it might not really be something for you to decide.

I started dating at 15, and it lasted longer than many adult relationships out there.

True sha...

But what will the two of them be discussing or doing that will differentiate normal platonic friendship and crushes and make it a relationship?

And the length of the relationship doesn't determine how meaningful it is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Find It Difficult To Stare Into My Boyfriend's Eyes. / Awkward Moments With The Opposite Sex / Risks And Merits Of Having A Sugar Mummy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.