Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,873 members, 7,798,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie (48735 Views)

What Is The Best Movie You Watched In 2018? / Avengers Infinity War Memes / Funke Akindele's Name Removed From Avengers: Infinity War Cast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by iSlayer: 11:32am On Jan 15, 2018
Hahaahahha. Igbo continues to out do the Yoruba in everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by bewla(m): 11:34am On Jan 15, 2018
thesicilian:
Bloggers are liable to die young.
and make quick money
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by franudi: 11:38am On Jan 15, 2018
Igbos are the best tribe in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by NeeKlaus: 11:50am On Jan 15, 2018
futurism:
mumu. Even when dem drop link u still fail to use ur brain
Bros, shift fes. Go and learn how to be civil, then come back and quote me.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by KingLaka: 11:52am On Jan 15, 2018
[quote author=HarkymTheOracle post=64210944]LOL..
Photoshop things..
How can one person be Dora Milaje (An army)?[/quote

you should have gone online to check yourself before rushing to call it Photoshop
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by decasey(m): 11:52am On Jan 15, 2018
greiboy:
Dora milaje is not a person

it is a group of people

The leader of the group is played by Danai Gurira as Okoye: The head of the Dora Milaje.

I think both Genevieve and Funke were extras in the movie with very insignificant roles in the movie.

The current hype must be an attempt to market the movie to an African audience angry

Get over yourselves already, it is annoying

Either Funke or Genevieve are not paying anyone for the alleged minute roles they played in the movie

u r right my brother.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by decasey(m): 11:56am On Jan 15, 2018
KratosCorp:
Can redo it when you want the role interpreted by a different actor - for a thousand and one reasons.

brother, which one be redo again??
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 15, 2018
m.imdb.com/title/tt4154756/fullcredits/cast?ref_=m_ttfc_3

The above link shows it isn't a rumor as speculated, but a fact.

Now, one point of note is this:
We must not tribalize everything.
We must learn to love, cherish and support each other, no matter the tribe an act (or artiste) comes from.

Atleast, for now, Yorubas and Igbos are doing fine. In fact, the two are the bedrock of Nigerian entertainment.
The Hausas are trying too, although religion (and culture) plays alot in their retrogressive dispositions.

Let us learn to appreciate talent and celebrate it.
What you do not respect, will evade you. What you do not celebrate will avoid you. It's a natural law.

If Funke lost out, it might be because of some reason we likely do not know. To conclude all at once is not right; we judge people before we get to hear them or even know them,...not good.
Funke is a great actress, like it or not. As a matter of fact, she is a game-changer when acting is concerned. She's lively too.

Her time will come.
Mind you, am an Igbo G (nwa afo).
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by andyibanga(m): 12:18pm On Jan 15, 2018
here we go again
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by IYANGBALI: 12:22pm On Jan 15, 2018
PenisCaP:
grin when we tell them igbos are not their mate.they will start arguing.

Argue with ur ancestor
so you believed that crap? Your mumu na first class

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by Lifeofpolice1(m): 12:24pm On Jan 15, 2018
I seriously like what I hate
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by Rigel95(m): 12:34pm On Jan 15, 2018
humeeh:

Not a movie person though. Buh I'm gonna see it to see how interesting people are portraying it.. Maybe towards the end of the year or next year angry
Next year huh? I don't know if I'm ever gonna have time to watch 6+ seasons at a go...nah...I'll pass.Have a blessed day though.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by SladeWilson(m): 12:57pm On Jan 15, 2018
SalamRushdie:
This kind of photoshopped prank shouldnt make front page na ...haba
U illiterate, how is this a photoshopped?

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by KratosCorp: 12:59pm On Jan 15, 2018
greiboy:
No please read about the movie to cure your ignorance bro

You probably thought you were addressing your mate.

1) The leader of the group is played by another person referred to as okoye. There is no way they will refer to Genevieve as Dora milage again. Just so you know, this is to imply that this is probably a fake page. I don't need to lecture you on the way internet works

Do you know precisely who is playing this Okoye, or are you just blowing hot air? What was the name of Funke's character when she got featured on the page earlier on?

2) The original cast crew where Funke's name was mentioned was only released about four days ago. I am sorry to inform that Hollywood is a lot more organized than Nollywood. They don't just change like that

Do you have any idea how that movie site works?

Here's a headsup:
The site enables registered users to submit new material and edits to existing entries. Although most data is checked before going live, especially when being submitted by new users, the system has been open to errors, and some sections are even abused. Users with a proven track record of submitting factual data are given instant approval for minor additions such as filming locations. However, image, name, character name, plot summaries, and title changes are screened before publication, and usually take between 24-72 hours to appear.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMDb

So, what makes you think that Funke got listed on the IMDb by the actual movie producers?

3) No, they don't do like that in Hollywood because the directors must have been satisfied with her interpretation of the role before putting her name as part of cast in the first place. They can't just re shoot a clip of a movie they have been working on for a year, for no reason

So where is Funke's name on the movie cast list on IMDb now?

I hope you now understand

Was this supposed to be a question or a statement?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by SalamRushdie: 1:00pm On Jan 15, 2018
SladeWilson:

U illiterate, how is this a photoshopped?

You dont have good use of syntax yet you are labeling me as an illiterate grin grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 15, 2018
KratosCorp:

You probably thought you were addressing your mate.

Do you know precisely who is playing this Okoye, or are you just blowing hot air? What was the name of Funke's character when she got featured on the page earlier on?

Do you have any idea how that movie site works?

Here's a headsup:

So, what makes you think that Funke got listed on the IMDb by the actual movie producers?

So where is Funke's name on the movie cast list on IMDb now?

Was this supposed to be a question or a statement?
You have shown your ignorance again

1) The actress playing okoye is clearly stated on several site on the internet. Her name is Danai Gurira. Do me favor and google her name

2) Do you know how hacking is done. okay let me explain to you slowly. The site will be hacked and new contents will be added to mislead people

3) I didn't say Funke got listed by the movie producers on the website, I merely countered your assertion based on fallacy that a particular clip can be re done after the release of a triller, or A particular actress could be dropped after a whole year of shooting a movie

Please read my comments and do some research before responding next time. I don't want to go through this again
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 15, 2018
grin let m know when its DJ cuppy's time
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by KratosCorp: 1:17pm On Jan 15, 2018
[s]
greiboy:

1) The actress playing okoye is clearly stated on several site on the internet. Her name is Danai Gurira. Do me favor and google her name

2) Do you know how hacking is done. okay let me explain to you slowly. The site will be hacked and new contents will be added to mislead people

3) I didn't say Funke got listed by the movie producers on the website, I merely countered your assertion based on fallacy that a particular clip can be re done after the release of a triller, or A particular actress could be dropped after a whole year of shooting a movie

Please read my comments and do some research before responding next time. I don't want to go through this again

[/s]
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by farem: 1:22pm On Jan 15, 2018
CaptainGOOD:

Tbh..Funke still has that "mgbekeish" grill in her.
I guess maybe she went there to act razz Like being "Jenifer" maybe trying to be funny.
But neva knew that oyibos may not take that
Hence sending her back with the next available flight. grin

My thoughts tho.

These your thoughts are thoughtless!
The reason for dropping her are stated everywhere online

So stop 'thoughting' rubbish
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by Shaw007(m): 1:28pm On Jan 15, 2018
Stupid forks, something with an official trailer.
A Movie that starting shooting early 2017

The editing should even be done by now
So they'll now recast because of a 30s role

Shit.. Bloody wankers.... Wtf do you think this is, some Nollywood?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by Stingman: 1:30pm On Jan 15, 2018
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by Dalek(m): 1:49pm On Jan 15, 2018
greiboy:

dude you have time to be going back and forth with the sodomite illiterate, with these jenny own now. its quite obvious the funke akindele own was actually a prank, hence it was removed. atleast the person who did funke's own sabi small, unlike this how can jenny be playing dora milaje?? a whole army??

Principal photography for infinity wars ended months ago, even avengers 4 shooting ended last week, if either funke and genny were part of the cast, it would have being on imdb site.
Youre right, how can dey do a reshoot for a lesser role, that can easily be cut out, do this people even know how much shooting these movies cost, it not all these awa nollywood nonsense movies.

Fact is funke and genny were never cast of avangers.

P.S i just submitted Don Jazzy's name on the Avengers page now, dey will soon approve too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by KayCee92(m): 2:12pm On Jan 15, 2018
PenisCaP:

undecided
Dude shup if u dnt know what to say..
Did i mention anybodys name?.

Sadly if u see other people now playing ur so called "ethnic card" u will run and hide inside ur shell.

nd am supposed to join issues with this one.....OK na. I don hear
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by Samfilzee(m): 2:14pm On Jan 15, 2018
PenisCaP:

Argue with ur ancestor
sense fall on u
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by Aragon: 2:32pm On Jan 15, 2018
Debayurr:
Hello everybody sometin jus happun right now.

This is the....this is the height of it

I noticed this topic and I googled if this news was actually true.

Funke Akindele has been replaced with Genevieve Nnaji in Avengers 2018 (Infinity War) for the role of Dora Milaje

ARE THEY MADT!!!! *in lasisielenu tone*

Source : http://m.imdb.com/title/tt4154756/fullcredits/cast?ref_=m_ttfc_3

Please you all should stop disgracing Nigerians Infinity War 1&2 started filming about 2yrs ago and they wrapped up about a week ago. The part 1 is ready for release in May so at no Time was any Nigerian actor part of this.. Okay? No time at all! That somebody inserted a name on IMDb site is no proof that the name is in the movie. Infinity War is probably the most anticipated movie in history so all these childish stunts should please stop
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by Aragon: 2:39pm On Jan 15, 2018
Shaw007:
Stupid forks, something with an official trailer.
A Movie that starting shooting early 2017

The editing should even be done by now
So they'll now recast because of a 30s role

Shit.. Bloody wankers.... Wtf do you think this is, some Nollywood?

Don't mind them Even Hollywood A actors will kill for a Role and they are talking about people who doesn't even have any Hollywood Agent. Like you likely said the movie is coming out in May. I even heard Some Nigerians saying Hollywood first used Funke as stunt to get the Nigeria Market, yet the African market has never been. Counted in Hollywood movies cos it probably doesn't bring in 5% ... Our Nollywood is doing fine so make fans rest abeg
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by lookingfly: 3:03pm On Jan 15, 2018
Y are these idiots hyping this movie unnecessarily. If I watch this movie and e no sweet, expect this.

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by bestpunterever: 3:03pm On Jan 15, 2018
PenisCaP:

Argue with ur ancestor
Ode, can't u see that is photoshop...
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by iSlayer: 3:34pm On Jan 15, 2018
[s]
stixxx:

mungo park, on what grounds are you comparing them? you do know funke has a higher net worth and best selling movies than genevieve right, genevieve is living on past glories. if you wanna talk actresses whose net worths are more, you can talk of omotola,or even rita dominic, adesua and that calabar girl nse
[/s]

I swear you don't have sense. Nothing personal.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by AnthonyAk(m): 4:28pm On Jan 15, 2018
Omoluabi16:
Someone who thinks! For such a big movie coming out in 4 months, would they still be unsure about their cast?

Lol yea
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by blazer2018: 4:42pm On Jan 15, 2018
All these hackers sef, is she going to take part in the post production, cos i don't understand.

The thriller is out and i assume the production is done already.

because according to Wikipedia

" Filming began in January 2017, at Pinewood Atlanta Studios in Fayette County, Georgia, and lasted until July 2017, shooting back-to-back with a direct sequel. Additional filming took place in Scotland, England, the Downtown Atlanta area and New York City.

Avengers: Infinity War is scheduled to be released in the United States on May 4, 2018, in IMAX and 3D. The sequel is scheduled to be released on May 3, 2019".

so why the National embarrassment?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Replaces Funke Akindele In 2018 Avengers Infinity War Movie by schurley(m): 12:25am On Jan 16, 2018
I don't knw how some people jst spit out rubbish... a professional legal practioner cnt speak English?? I guess u av not seen her live interview b4
and even d bad English she speaks in jennifas diary she learnt it by going to the ghetto occasionally......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija: Fans Storm Emenike's Page After Mercy Revealed They Were Dating (Pics) / Tacha Gets Close To Mike During The Saturday Night Party. Fans React / Laycon Appears On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.