Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

"Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka (1711 Views)

Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To The Declaration Of Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB As Terrorists / Nigerian Military Declares IPOB As A "Militant Terrorist Organisation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by zendy: 1:03am On Jan 15, 2018
“This question is now current, and justified: just when is terror? I am not aware that IPOB came anywhere close to this homicidal propensity and will to dominance before it was declared a terrorist organization. The international community rightly refused to go along with such an absurdity.
“For the avoidance of doubt, let me state right here, and yet again, that IPOB leadership is its own worst enemy. It repels public empathy, indeed, I suspect that it deliberately cultivates an obnoxious image, especially among its internet mouthers who make rational discourse impossible. However, as we pointed out at the time, the conduct of that movement, even at its most extreme, could by no means be reckoned as terrorism. By contrast, how do we categorize Myeti? How do we assess a mental state that cannot distinguish between a stolen cow – which is always recoverable – and human life, which is not.

~ Wole Soyinka

3 Likes

Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by futurerex: 1:13am On Jan 15, 2018
Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by yarimo(m): 1:37am On Jan 15, 2018
Mr SOYINKA I rule you out of order, IPOB are terrorist group in Nigeria.
Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by Haganah: 2:37am On Jan 15, 2018
I have a good number of Mohammed pics for your viewing delight?

Care to see them?

yarimo:

3 Likes

Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by themonk(m): 3:50am On Jan 15, 2018
Mrleverage:

Oh my God I'm being trolled by an illiterate, wetin person no go see for nairaland. Well unlike your father, my dad actually went to school and graduated with a 2'1 so I think he is a lot wiser than a 3rd class attention seeking graduate
Wole soyinka never graduated with 3rd class. He made second class upper and then went abroad where he made first class in his masters.
I wonder how you people never verify information before proliferating it. By the way, who grades epp? His books speak for him. I am ibo and i feel nigerians do not deserve soyinka. Sorry to say.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by Mrleverage: 6:38am On Jan 15, 2018
themonk:

Wole soyinka never graduated with 3rd class. He made second class upper and then went abroad where he made first class in his masters.
I wonder how you people never verify information before proliferating it. By the way, who grades epp? His books speak for him. I am ibo and i feel nigerians do not deserve soyinka. Sorry to say.

*Sigh* my pretentious illiterate frnd allow me to enlighten you, Mr whole soyinka initially graduated with a 3rd class from one of Nigeria's universities then he studied somewhere else where he did better then came home to protest his result and Nigerians everly being suck ups "upgraded" his degree of course that sh!t can't happen today
Who degree epp are you serious? You mean your academic assessment for the collection of 4-5 years or even 6 years does not matter? instead you believe it is his books that make him wise? grin Newsflash for you my illiterate frnd, Donald trump sef get best seller book,ann counter sef get tons of books and these are people who are as dumb as f*ck I guess that makes them wise too mtchew if you want the geezer y'all can have him
Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by Mrleverage: 6:41am On Jan 15, 2018
Haganah:
I have a good number of Mohammed pics for your viewing delight?

Care to see them?

Thank you is he waiting till they go radical before we decide to tackle the issue acting like he wasn't around during the civil war
Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by meezynetwork(m): 6:46am On Jan 15, 2018
Mrleverage:

*Sigh* my pretentious illiterate frnd allow me to enlighten you, Mr whole soyinka initially graduated with a 3rd class from one of Nigeria's universities then he studied somewhere else where he did better then came home to protest his result and Nigerians everly being suck ups "upgraded" his degree of course that sh!t can't happen today
Who degree epp are you serious? You mean your academic assessment for the collection of 4-5 years or even 6 years does not matter? instead you believe it is his books that make him wise? grin Newsflash for you my illiterate frnd, Donald trump sef get best seller book,ann counter sef get tons of books and these are people who are as dumb as f*ck I guess that makes them wise too mtchew if you want the geezer y'all can have him
So in ur own assessment, you are wise and the noble prize winner wole soyinka and the American president are not? I wonder what u have achieved with your wisdom if not to be a gateman for the unwise people. Dumb azz

2 Likes

Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by Mrleverage: 7:25am On Jan 15, 2018
meezynetwork:

So in ur own assessment, you are wise and the noble prize winner wole soyinka and the American president are not? I wonder what u have achieved with your wisdom if not to be a gateman for the unwise people. Dumb azz

I think the noble prize winner soyinka is a dried up old fool who doesn't know how nigeria worx who comments from his house and expects the country to fall in line and be like the U.S undecided but only ends up getting ignored and oga please under what rock have you been hiding that you don't know that Donald trump is an incompetent buffoon who everyone wants impeached? you know what? Guy just swerve I no want make people see me dey argue with illiterate like you
Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:32am On Jan 15, 2018
all this grammmer my prof will continue to confuse those at the top.....the simple thing am waiting to hear is when will myeti or herdsmen with arms be declared terrorist?
Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by debolayinka(m): 7:41am On Jan 15, 2018
The noise maker up there should work till he gets a Nobel prize before criticising out of Buharism.
I wonder if you know the meaning of the word "Terrorist".
Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by aolawale025: 7:44am On Jan 15, 2018
Soyinka is right. The hypocrisy of this government is too much.
Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by themonk(m): 7:49am On Jan 15, 2018
Mrleverage:

You are grossly uninformed. You listen to the likes of people who claim india scored 99 - 1 against nigeria. Do your research and stop regurgitating public claim. Same people also said albert einstein failed maths, just to console themselves of their inabilities or something motivational speakers use to motivate stupid people.
Wole soyinka has said it himself and his classmates backed him up. He made second class upper and then made first class abroad, believe it or console yourself with bullshit.

I know that the reason it took him so long to debunk the stupid rumor is because he feels all those certificate doesnt mean anything. Where are all your first class graduate classmates today are they the ones doing best? So oga calm down first class doesnt determine shit. I made a very good grade from University of Nigeria Nsukka and i have never used my certificate to look for job but i have a job that pays me more than all my classmated since before nysc. Get your facts right mr man.

About donald trump writing a book that completely alludes to the stupid motivational speakers i talked about earlier. Yes, donald trump appeal to certain people so his books should appeal to such people too. If a good percentage of people voted for donald trump, why shouldnt a good percentage buy his books. That doesnt mean he is wise, it means there are a lot of people with the IQ of an empty bucket out there. These set of people follow individuals who appeal to their emotions like zombies. Wole soyinka on the other hand writes books that appeal to the intellect which is a reflection of who he is.

4 Likes

Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by PDJT: 7:51am On Jan 15, 2018
Nigeria is just a failed oyibo project. Any group that hasn’t realized that it’s now to your tent o’israel is definitely a dumbass group. Viva Biafra!

1 Like

Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by PDJT: 8:00am On Jan 15, 2018
Mrleverage:

I think the noble prize winner soyinka is a dried up old fool who doesn't know how nigeria worx who comments from his house and expects the country to fall in line and be like the U.S undecided but only ends up getting ignored and oga please under what rock have you been hiding that you don't know that Donald trump is an incompetent buffoon who everyone wants impeached? you know what? Guy just swerve I no want make people see me dey argue with illiterate like you

You watch too much CNN or simply a victim of the homosexual, open-border, crime loving Liberal MSM. By the way, go and make a million dollar in brutal New York, let’s see how smart you’re and I love Ann C, if you’re African and know what conservatism means you should love her too. Conservatism: - God given rights - Liberty. Family values. Personal responsibility. Limited government.
Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by dangermouse(m): 8:14am On Jan 15, 2018
themonk:

You are grossly uninformed. You listen to the likes of people who claim india scored 99 - 1 against nigeria. Do your research and stop regurgitating public claim. Same people also said albert einstein failed maths, just to console themselves of their inabilities or something motivational speakers use to motivate stupid people.
Wole soyinka has said it himself and his classmates backed him up. He made second class upper and then made first class abroad, believe it or console yourself with bullshit.

I know that the reason it took him so long to debunk the stupid rumor is because he feels all those certificate doesnt mean anything. Where are all your first class graduate classmates today are they the ones doing best? So oga calm down first class doesnt determine shit. I made a very good grade from University of Nigeria Nsukka and i have never used my certificate to look for job but i have a job that pays me more than all my classmated since before nysc. Get your facts right mr man.

About donald trump writing a book that completely alludes to the stupid motivational speakers i talked about earlier. Yes, donald trump appeal to certain people so his books should appeal to such people too. If a good percentage of people voted for donald trump, why shouldnt a good percentage buy his books. That doesnt mean he is wise, it means there are a lot of people with the IQ of an empty bucket out there. These set of people follow individuals who appeal to their emotions like zombies. Wole soyinka on the other hand writes books that appeal to the intellect which is a reflection of who he is.

Greatest lion, you are on point bro... one can get all the education their is to get and still lacks common sense.
Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by Mrleverage: 8:14am On Jan 15, 2018
themonk:

Lol so naija info is wrong abi?

themonk:

grin in that case, I am a white man with elephant ears and 6 legs if you doubt me ask my friends and they will back me up smh
themonk:

I know that the reason it took him so long to debunk the stupid rumor is because he feels all those certificate doesnt mean anything. Where are all your first class graduate classmates today are they the ones doing best?
Obviously you no go school what kind of dumb question is that? Who do you think they employ to run the kpmgs, or the Google's or the teslas? Who dey dominate silicon valley? Na third class graduates abi?

themonk:

So oga calm down first class doesnt determine shit. I made a very good grade from University of Nigeria Nsukka and i have never used my certificate to look for job but i have a job that pays me more than all my classmated since before nysc. Get your facts right mr man.
Yea right before wetin you go talk? I bet you want me to ask your frnds to back up your ridiculous claim that you went to school grin
themonk:

What's this one saying? The guy was already a best selling "author" long before he even went into politics or became a president, lemme even go down this route what is your proof that wole soyinka actually wrote those books? Fine we choose to trust him and what's my business but you have no idea what people do when writing a book there are ghost writers, stolen content and even meddling from the publishing company so like I said, you are pointing in the wrong direction
Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by themonk(m): 8:18am On Jan 15, 2018
dangermouse:

Greatest lion, you are on point bro... one can get all the education their is to get and still lacks common sense.
Exactly, thats what i am trying to let him know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by Mrkumareze(m): 8:19am On Jan 15, 2018
yarimo:

Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by themonk(m): 8:21am On Jan 15, 2018
Mrleverage:

Lol so naija info is wrong abi?

grin in that case, I am a white man with elephant ears and 6 legs if you doubt me ask my friends and they will back me up smh

Obviously you no go school what kind of dumb question is that? Who do you think they employ to run the kpmgs, or the Google's or the teslas? Who dey dominate silicon valley? Na third class graduates abi?

Yea right before wetin you go talk? I bet you want me to ask your frnds to back up your ridiculous claim that you went to school grin

What's this one saying? The guy was already a best selling "author" long before he even went into politics or became a president, lemme even go down this route what is your proof that wole soyinka actually wrote those books? Fine we choose to trust him and what's my business but you have no idea what people do when writing a book there are ghost writers, stolen content and even meddling from the publishing company so like I said, you are pointing in the wrong direction
I can't reason with you, when you see you are wrong you start generating stupid questions like how are we sure wole soyinka wrote those books, can you imagine how ridiculous you sound?

Keep shifting goal post this is the last ill reply you.
Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by Mrleverage: 9:24am On Jan 15, 2018
themonk:

I can't reason with you, when you see you are wrong you start generating stupid questions like how are we sure wole soyinka wrote those books, can you imagine how ridiculous you sound?

My dear illiterate frnd I said that to prove a point, you said we can't judge someone's iq on his degree but his work and I asked a question what if tomorrow someone comes out and say qole soyinka didn't write those boox? Wet in you go talk? I even gave examples of really dumb people who have written really impressive BEST SELLERS and you are here running round in circles and getting vertigo-ed that's why you should go to sch its so easy to make a fool out of u
themonk:

Keep shifting goal post this is the last ill reply you.

Oh thank you I was already thinking of how to tell you that arguing with a dimwit like you is embarrassing for me
Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by RZArecta2(m): 9:44am On Jan 15, 2018
I thought some buffoons said uncle Wole was too old to criticize Buhari ? I'm happy the man is gradually redeeming his battered image sha
Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by Mrleverage: 9:53am On Jan 15, 2018
PDJT:

You watch too much CNN or simply a victim of the homosexual, open-border, crime loving Liberal MSM. By the way, go and make a million dollar in brutal New York, let’s see how smart you’re and I love Ann C, if you’re African and know what conservatism means you should love her too. Conservatism: - God given rights - Liberty. Family values. Personal responsibility. Limited government.
grin lol who is this one? Oya lets play a game please answer these questions
1. Please tell us how Donald trump made his money that didn't have to do with his rich family or their connections
2.Please mention one good thing that president trump has done since he got into power and accidental accomplishments like getting Kim to talk to the south does not count
3. Name three benefits of ann coulter to America which does not involve attention seeking and creating a source of laughter to the world
Oya hurry up I want to know the level of intelligence I'm dealing with before I engage
Re: "Declaration Of IPOB As A Terrorist Organisation Is An Absurdity"- Wole Soyinka by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:42am On Jan 15, 2018
The international community rightly refused to go along with such an absurdity- Woke Soyinka

They were targeted because they were resisting Buhari's plan to Islamize Nigeria

Also they were the only tribe that knew that Buhari was up to no good

Were they not justified afterall

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Ganduje Flags Off The Construction Of Dangi There Tier Interchange / “law To Regulate What Nigerians Do On Social Media Is Underway’’ – Senate / Photos: Gov Fayose Turns Pastor Performed Unbelievable Miracle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.