Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform (17255 Views)

Corper Davido In His NYSC Uniform (Photos, Video) / Owolabi Ajasa The Corper In His NYSC Uniform (More Photos) / LAX Performs In His NYSC Uniform At OLIC4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by EmagNig(m): 6:49am On Jan 15, 2018
Singer, Damilola Afolabi, aka LAX, was berated by his fans and other internet users after he performed at Olamide’s concert in December in an outfit that looked like a National Youth Service Corps uniform.

Reacting to the outrage of his fans, LAX has explained why he decided to dress in such manner to the event that had a large turn-up at the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Lagos.

He said:

“I had just completed my National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, programme at the time, and I wanted to pay homage to the scheme and Nigeria in my own way.

I also wanted to inspire people to know that they can pursue their dreams and still go to school. It is not too good that people always like to dwell on the negatives when reacting to issues.

I really didn’t pay attention to anybody who criticised me, and that’s because the people who appreciated and commended me were more. Those were the ones that I paid attention to,”

He also reacted to the wide notion that his career has suffered a decline after he left Starboy Records, owned by Wizkid. And that Nigerians are not listening to his music anymore.

LAX said,

“People who are saying that need to go and check the records. I had three big songs that had a lot of views online last year. I travelled to a lot of countries and I enjoyed massive love everywhere that I performed. I will be releasing my debut album this year and I want my fans to watch out for it. People should listen to good music, not trash.”

“To be honest, I have more fans outside the country than in Nigeria. Nowadays, one can actually go online and find out where majority of downloads, streaming and other Internet activities come from. And I have discovered that most of my fans are in the US, followed by Canada and London. Obviously, they want me there more and that’s why I usually go there on tour. I had amazing experiences when I travelled out of the country on tour. I went to about 14 cities in Europe and America.”

https://lailasnews.com/damilola-afolabi-lax-explains-nysc-uniform-olamide-concert/

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by veekid(m): 10:15am On Jan 15, 2018
Who ask am qweshan? E say e get fans for abroad pass naija; who Sabi you for abroad? Who e epp for abroad?
Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by Rencent(m): 10:15am On Jan 15, 2018
Ok
Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by greatolise(m): 10:15am On Jan 15, 2018
Nigerians be reacting like chemicals since time immemorial wink smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by Icecomrade: 10:16am On Jan 15, 2018
People cant just learn to mind their business.

How does the fact that he wore an NYSC uniform become a problem to people?

All those who made negative comments about him can read his response and bury their face in shame.

8 Likes

Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by BruncleZuma: 10:16am On Jan 15, 2018
And should we be concerned?
Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by hsbcasuals(m): 10:16am On Jan 15, 2018
Good
Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by sharpshap(m): 10:16am On Jan 15, 2018
Isorait
Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by YomiTee123(m): 10:16am On Jan 15, 2018
wow good[b][/b] of u
Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by Abbeyme: 10:16am On Jan 15, 2018
Anything u like u do. Na your cloth!

You wear cloth, dem dey talk... you no wear cloth, we go talk.
Abeg, wear cloth
Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 15, 2018
More fans in London, Canada, US.. Keep deceiving yourself

2 Likes

Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by davidodiba(m): 10:17am On Jan 15, 2018
Who be this one again?
Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by Divay22(f): 10:18am On Jan 15, 2018
Which big songs is he talking about undecided undecided undecided

I can't even remember any of his songs grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by Whobedatte(m): 10:18am On Jan 15, 2018
Always having sth to say in self defence undecided
Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by jdstunt(m): 10:19am On Jan 15, 2018
Nice
Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by spafu(m): 10:19am On Jan 15, 2018
Does it matter what the guy wears? If our useless and incompetent President would wear vigilante uniform and still perform who will complain or care?
Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 15, 2018
Divay22:
Which hit songs is he talking about undecided undecided undecided

Who forced you to comment

2 Likes

Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by youngbravian(m): 10:20am On Jan 15, 2018
you shall grow high bro,We Nigerians are used to wack songs, just make sure your beat is okay we will dance to it.

1 Like

Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by thorbar(m): 10:20am On Jan 15, 2018
Okay
Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by kazzy4u(m): 10:22am On Jan 15, 2018
bcoz d kaki dey shark u... childish act
Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 15, 2018
"In British accent"

What is this lax you speak of? I know nothing of it.
Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by twentyk(m): 10:26am On Jan 15, 2018
The real omo baba olowo(for those wey sabi)

This guy had a dope 2017
Gimme dat
Awon da
Call my baby
And many more.....
Shout out to Rasaki.... Omo mi.... Loke loke lama ma loh....

1 Like

Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by WunderGist: 10:31am On Jan 15, 2018
Issokay

1 Like

Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by OLAFIMIX(f): 10:37am On Jan 15, 2018
Good day, please can anyone help me with any good male fashion designer where I can learn how to sew men's wear. I live at around isolo. Thanks
Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by McINoWell: 10:39am On Jan 15, 2018
Nigerians and their wahala......
shebi we don leave Benue killings and makurdi Crisis na lax and him khaki b our problem now.....
#NonsenseCountry...
Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by stevenson007: 10:45am On Jan 15, 2018
MUM PEOPLE TOO MUCH FOR THIS OUR COUNTRY STARTING FROM THE PRESIDENT TO NAIRALAND.

Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by ipain: 10:51am On Jan 15, 2018
Icecomrade:

People cant just learn to mind their business.

How does the fact that he wore an NYSC uniform become a problem to people?

All those who made negative comments about him can read his response and bury their face in shame.

The guy is smart and intelligent...

1 Like

Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by fergieboy: 10:55am On Jan 15, 2018
IG page for sale

Re: LAX Explains Why He Performed In His NYSC Uniform by mzHANA(f): 10:55am On Jan 15, 2018
Dis guy career has long been murdered by his village ppl

He's just blabbing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tania Omotayo Looks Away As Eniola Badmus Poses With Wizkid (photo) / Ice Prince Is Spotify 2018 Most Streamed African Rapper / Charly Boy Releases Prophecy For 2018 With His Crystal Ball (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.