Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression (29840 Views)

“From Pablo To Ogbuefi” – Lady Shares Her Little Son’s Transformation / Man Bathes His Wife, Cooks For Her During Her Postpartum Recovery (Pix, Video) / 50-Year-Old Nigerian Shares Her Regrets About Her Parents Sending Her Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by sayhi2certified(m): 10:55am On Jan 15, 2018
FakoMaybach1:
Many Nairalanders forget their sense before typing, those ones asking what of the father...if they were the father what will they do? how many of us men are trained to handle that post childbirth depression?

I have seen this cus it happened to my sister, her husband , my mum and myself were there...she had all the Love she needed, yet she went Loco . It reached a tipping point one night the baby had mucus and it affected his breathing, big sis started running on the streets of Lagos by 2:00 am in the morning!!, i pursue am tire.

She is over it now and second and third birth was easier...men i dont even know what to do if i come face to face with this situation, i just know when my wife gives birth i will triple my Love, care, attention, infact if she asks me for an elephant i go catch am come alive!!!

God bless all women especially mothers, you ladies are the greatest gift to man

Lolx.. Guy you make me laugh.....

1 Like

Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by Breadfruit: 10:56am On Jan 15, 2018
May God help us women....

2 Likes

Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by Elnino4ladies: 10:56am On Jan 15, 2018
No fvck given
Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 15, 2018
This is what you get when you lust after cheap fame. Until you change your ways and start living your life originally, you will continue to make mistakes after mistakes. Silly girl.

2 Likes

Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by Dessydemmy: 10:59am On Jan 15, 2018
I feel for you dear and it can be say that you have taken the right decision. Some people we come here and insult you but is it not better than killing the baby, and left her for death. Now you are fine and out of depression and you still have your baby back.

3 Likes

Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 15, 2018
armyjassy101:
1. What of the father? because I feel u were impregnated by a man whom u don't love and probably thought of eating his money....but backfired
y always think this way?

1 Like

Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by tukdi: 11:00am On Jan 15, 2018
HeWrites:
In an open post which she shared on her Facebook page, writer, Ese Walter-Ark, revealed her battle with postpartum depression. Ese narrated how she abandoned her 9 months 3 weeks old baby with her mother in Abuja and ran down to Lagos, in November 2015, when she became so depresed after childbirth.

She says the depression was so heavy that a certain day, she thought of smashing her baby on the wall.

Read below;
They called me a bad mother Writer, Ese Walker-Ark, shares her shocking battle with postpartum depression, reveals she abandoned her baby for sometime and even thought of smashing him on the wall?

After Boobman was born I struggled to find my Happy. At the same time, I had to act happy because who isn’t happy after birthing a child?

I carried on everyday reminding myself that as a mother my happiness came second. I needed to be there for my child. I needed to love him, care for him, take care of him etc.

As he grew, I felt myself sink deeper into the hole that sat in my core. And I couldn’t express this. I remember the day the health visitor came to check on us. She asked, “have you had any unpleasant thoughts concerning your baby?”

“No, I have been so happy since he arrived.” I lied.
She asked a few more questions, checked his height, head size, weight, and was done.

As she left, I wondered if I should call her back and tell her about that night he wouldn’t sleep and I needed sleep, and as I breastfed him, I imagined what would happen if I threw him against the wall. Perhaps I’d be free from this little bondage that seemed to be running my life. But I didn’t. I feared they would think me crazy. Some who knew me already thought me crazy. Sigh. I let her go. I returned to getting by one day at a time.

The day he turned 6 months, I decided I was going to run away. Because he was breastfeeding and I didn’t have any money I stuck around. At 9 months and three weeks, I had saved a little money so I weaned him one Friday, cold turkey style. Nobody knew I was weaning him. By the next day, he had forgotten breast. I was left with swollen painful breasts but I felt it was worth it because finally nothing was tying him to me.

On the 1st of November 2015, a week before he turned 10 months, I took him to my mum’s along with a new nanny I had gotten a week earlier. I told my mum I had a spa date and would be back for him in 2 hours.

As I left the house, I headed to the airport, bought a one way ticket to Lagos and left Abuja, Boobman, and motherhood behind. I sent text messages to my family that I was gone and not coming back.

They tried to reach me by email. I was told that I abandoned my child and I was a bad mother. It was true. They were right. I had already concluded to myself that I was a bad mother long before anyone else told me so.

I wasn’t going to mother, I wanted to feel alive. I wanted to feel I mattered too. I wanted to feel, period.
I didn’t want to hurt my baby. I wasn’t sure how long I would have lasted before I snapped. Leaving was the only option. I wasn’t going to come back.

A few months later we were reunited. I was told to apologize to him for leaving him. What they didn’t know was for the months I planned my leaving, he was aware.

I told him every time I breastfed him that I was sorry I had to go away without him. I told him the times I was sad. I told him the times I felt lost and empty. And the night before that November 1st, I shed a tear as I told him I was leaving the next day.

I still remember my final thought before I left. I said to myself, “if I die now, this child will survive and even thrive.” At that, my mind made itself up.

I know we like to think a mother should sacrifice herself for her babies but sometimes mother wants to run away and leave everything behind. This usually starts and ends as a thought or wishful thinking for most new mothers. For me, it was the only way to live. So I took the leap.

#diaryoftheboobmum #badmother #breakingthecord #runningfrommothering#unusualmothering #motherdoesntknowbest #motherstruggles

http://www.torimill.com/2018/01/lady-reveals-she-abandoned-her-new-born.html

Mtcheeew
Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by ireneidiva(f): 11:00am On Jan 15, 2018
Newpride:
]Being a single mother is not easy

Who sent u to go have baby without father
Judge, she is 'very' married.

5 Likes

Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 15, 2018
Breadfruit:
May God help us women....

She needs to help herself by getting a job and stop chasing after cheap fame which comes at a price.
Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 15, 2018
DaddyKross:

Seal your pusŠy until marriage then. Is that one not easy too ?
say that with pride if u haven't Bleep any girl, shame on u if u have

6 Likes

Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by thunderbabs: 11:07am On Jan 15, 2018
armyjassy101:
1. What of the father? because I feel u were impregnated by a man whom u don't love and probably thought of eating his money....but backfired

Hmmmm, prophesyyyy !!! Awon eyan oracle cheesy
Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by zabuur: 11:28am On Jan 15, 2018
chiedu7:
Madam I hope u read

Please know that Yoga is a religion based on hinduism.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6553440_eseark0_jpeg26c5bbbb55dd718dd43aa04eb1a30d6e

Hindusim is the most satanic covert religion, even more satanic than the religion of peace.

Yoga in general is satanic.

Pls see

https://www.charismanews.com/opinion/61880-ex-witch-reveals-connection-between-yoga-and-satan

https://www.cai.org/testimonies/spiritual-deception-yoga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKwEkXcmEUQ

Why can't you just mind your own religion that is not satanic. The way you play righteousness is hypocritical and (what's that your word again) satanic

8 Likes

Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by lastempero: 11:33am On Jan 15, 2018
Oyibo people don spoil our children dem finish.
Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by SheIsElle(f): 11:35am On Jan 15, 2018
FakoMaybach1:
Many Nairalanders forget their sense before typing, those ones asking what of the father...if they were the father what will they do? how many of us men are trained to handle that post childbirth depression?

I have seen this cus it happened to my sister, her husband , my mum and myself were there...she had all the Love she needed, yet she went Loco . It reached a tipping point one night the baby had mucus and it affected his breathing, big sis started running on the streets of Lagos by 2:00 am in the morning!!, i pursue am tire.

She is over it now and second and third birth was easier...men i dont even know what to do if i come face to face with this situation, i just know when my wife gives birth i will triple my Love, care, attention, infact if she asks me for an elephant i go catch am come alive!!!

I love your comment, that is so sweet of you. Keep being a good man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by BigBossMan(m): 11:39am On Jan 15, 2018
FakoMaybach1:

MY YOUNGER SIS HAD PTD AND UP TILL NOW, THOUGH FULLY RECOVERED, IS YET TO REUNITE WITH THE CHILDREN(TWINS). YANKEE GOVT HAS NOT IVEN THE CHILDREN BACK TO HER

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by Witnes: 11:39am On Jan 15, 2018
Divay22:
[/color] She never wished for it to happen this way
She drink am from cup? e no b sex d pikin 4lo enta? Sex is for married ppl my dear, don't b deceived, not kids play.

1 Like

Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by chiedu7: 11:57am On Jan 15, 2018
zabuur:

Why can't you just mind your own religion that is not satanic. The way you play righteousness is hypocritical and (what's that your word again) satanic

Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 15, 2018
I don't know why her case is always different.

1 Like

Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by Zinnykel0147(m): 12:05pm On Jan 15, 2018
Where is benny ark? Abi e don abandon e wife n son? Ever since benny ark left cook FM Abuja for greener pastures in Lagos I sensed trouble. Ese d drama queen, after u exposed coza founder for knocking ur kitten ur life has never remained d same

Jege sa so....

1 Like

Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by descartes400: 12:30pm On Jan 15, 2018
Jamiubond009:
Pastor "robust reply" fatoyinbo, how far nah? Ese Walters is really missing your "robust" rod

what reply again the you want to here from him when he has taken her to a higher level of grace she has never experience before in the oza room! undecided
Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by iomoge2(f): 12:35pm On Jan 15, 2018
With tears
I so feel her pain
Its not easy at all
God
Its not just easy

Hmmm
If not TTc i guess i woulda done worst.

I remember carrying my bags and baby n running to go n stay with my mum
So she could care for my daughter while i rested

May god heal her fully
PTD is very real

6 Likes

Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by Nygma(m): 12:57pm On Jan 15, 2018
Boobman?? Why not Dickman
Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by Belafonte(m): 1:09pm On Jan 15, 2018
This one is mentally ill.
Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by eph12(m): 1:12pm On Jan 15, 2018
Divay22:
[/color]
She never wished for it to happen this way
What was she expecting? That he would abandon his family and move her in or acknowledge her? That's not possible unless her game is very tight. But if she went into the relationship with the man thinking he will leave his wife for her, and couldn't wait for him to finalize his divorce then she get fish brain.

Or was she raped?
Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by ireneidiva(f): 1:30pm On Jan 15, 2018
eph12:

What was she expecting? That he would abandon his family and move her in or acknowledge her? That's not possible unless her game is very tight. But if she went into the relationship with the man thinking he will leave his wife for her, and couldn't wait for him to finalize his divorce then she get fish brain.

Or was she raped?
She is married!

2 Likes

Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by AngelicBeing: 1:46pm On Jan 15, 2018
sad
Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by oxon(m): 2:05pm On Jan 15, 2018
Divay22:
[/color]
She never wished for it to happen this way
plz can you physically profile this girl ..with the numerous piercing and leg chain you would knw she ain't a decent person not like if look rules out who a person is but then this are subtle pointers ,secondly I have met women like this , selfish , hedonistic urges are what ride a lot females this days, if you dig deep and ask around what she was doing withing that transition of time she left the child I can bet my left pinky she ran back to her life of possibly partying , hanging out and all... she just wanted to be that same chick she use to be .,,

2 Likes

Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by eph12(m): 2:20pm On Jan 15, 2018
ireneidiva:

She is married!
Before or after that pregnancy?
Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by opribo(m): 2:57pm On Jan 15, 2018
Who is this one again.
Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by ireneidiva(f): 3:02pm On Jan 15, 2018
eph12:
Before or after that pregnancy?
Before. She has two kids now.
Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by eph12(m): 3:13pm On Jan 15, 2018
ireneidiva:

Before. She has two kids now.
So she was married when she became pregnant for the pastor?
Re: Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression by Phyqee10(m): 3:22pm On Jan 15, 2018
chiedu7:
Madam I hope u read this

Please know that Yoga is a religion based on hinduism.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6553440_eseark0_jpeg26c5bbbb55dd718dd43aa04eb1a30d6e

Hindusim is the most satanic covert religion, even more satanic than the religion of peace.

Yoga in general is satanic.

Pls see

https://www.charismanews.com/opinion/61880-ex-witch-reveals-connection-between-yoga-and-satan

https://www.cai.org/testimonies/spiritual-deception-yoga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKwEkXcmEUQ
The level of your foolishness can on be imagined, but it is obvious with your statement more satanic than religion of peace. angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Recreates Childhood Photo With Her Dad After Obtaining His Masters Degree / The Graduation Spot And Other Room! / My Only Brother Has Been Afflicted With Mental Illness Because Of Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.