Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:50 PM

UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre (35491 Views)

Mirabel Obi: Gustavo Cubana To Send Money To UNN Student Twerker For Expulsion / Obi Mirabel: UNN Student To Be Expelled For Twerking In Bikini In A Competition / Kid Tied To A Motorcycle, Being Forced To School (Disturbing Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by veraiyke(m): 10:48am On Jan 16, 2018
So it can move Abi and can carry passenger. Abeg there's a difference between art and reality.
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by brunobaba(m): 10:49am On Jan 16, 2018
chudyprince:
He waisted the palm fronds
Is it your palm fronds?

1 Like

Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by smith666999(m): 11:00am On Jan 16, 2018
why wheelbarrow go carry Okada
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 16, 2018
In as much as I'm yet to make any invention, please let's not celebrate mediocrity. Is this what the country needs to move forward? More or less retrogressive. Let's think/create what solves societal problems not this please.
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by HeyCorleone(m): 11:16am On Jan 16, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Ill let this pass. but If an 18 year old boy does this and feels it's an achievement , give him a heavy knock and send him away

I can only imagine you've achieved way more..

2 Likes

Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by Fawklicant: 11:23am On Jan 16, 2018
What is this rubbish Na? An engineering student? Doing arts and craft? How is this connected to engineering? He should switch to fine and applied arts. Would serve him better.
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by mema900: 11:56am On Jan 16, 2018
Trash
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by zzbrodah: 12:09pm On Jan 16, 2018
Annibel:
OMG!! this kinda talent is Bae....

Talent powered by osogbo weed
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by texazzpete(m): 12:10pm On Jan 16, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:

If i have to explain, then you need...

Short-answer: WEAVING.

What's "museum-worthy" to you? Have you ever even been in a museum before? grin

You tried to appear smart and failed woefully. I have been to several museums and i know this is a work of art.

Try again grin grin grin

Nearly every market has handwoven stuff. Making a motorcycle isn’t that extraordinary, especially in these contemporary times.

But I understand. Like many Nigerians with limited exposure, the mediocre and mundane amazes you. I sympathize.
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by Ajibel(m): 12:11pm On Jan 16, 2018
chinonyinye:
nice one. that's Jimbaz right?

I don't think so. Are you a Unn student?
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by babaireti(m): 12:14pm On Jan 16, 2018
The best IPOB brain can offer
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by ikorodureporta: 12:19pm On Jan 16, 2018
ericsimons18:
he creates a motor cycle and then carries on a wheelbarrow ? .. where's d sense In that.

cheesy to me, its actually mdness
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by AdolfHitlerxXx: 12:36pm On Jan 16, 2018
texazzpete:

Nearly every market has handwoven stuff. Making a motorcycle isn’t that extraordinary, especially in these contemporary times.

But I understand. Like many Nigerians with limited exposure, the mediocre and mundane amazes you. I sympathize.

What have you achieved at age 40? Stop exposing the microscopic IQ you were "blessed" with grin

You sound even more dense the more you talk / type.

You are jealous of a hard-working 18 year old....what does that say of your psyche? grin How pathetic!

2 Likes

Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by Handsomecole(m): 12:38pm On Jan 16, 2018
This is rubbish. ..
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by GoldNiagara(m): 12:59pm On Jan 16, 2018
iPods and mediocrity!
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by sunsewa16: 1:01pm On Jan 16, 2018
Another shithole coming from Africa, best use for corona and British schools museum for aje butters feeling the local materials.
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by Thatidomaguy: 1:57pm On Jan 16, 2018
biacan:
Nice cool
This guy is very creative with this.he can actually auction it at a good museum that values great work[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by AceDomino(m): 2:54pm On Jan 16, 2018
Marc Marquez and Valentino rossi dey wait
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by AceDomino(m): 2:54pm On Jan 16, 2018
Make e go join MotoGp
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by revolt(m): 3:12pm On Jan 16, 2018
Idiatic post. That's not a motorcycle. It's a work of art.
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by ibsheu40: 3:42pm On Jan 16, 2018
Oyaalado
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by bigerboy200: 4:34pm On Jan 16, 2018
albacete:
Talent is speaking.

We don't value art in this part of the world else that boy would have made some cool bucks out of what some of you are calling crap
abeg make we hear word jare...why pay for something as useless as this? a motorcycle that was carried on a wheel barrow..haba haba
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by greenprince(m): 4:38pm On Jan 16, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Ill let this pass. but If an 18 year old boy does this and feels it's an achievement , give him a heavy knock and send him away

That is besides the point. How many 18 year olds with the very harsh and limiting conditions in that country will think of doing something like that. If he showed prospects with something that simple and classless, it means he can do more if motivated. I'm not celebrating mediocrity mind you, but he's sure better than his peers who play pop tunes all day and while away their time on social media. If 60% of our teenagers had the sense to build something like this, they'd have stood up to bad governance a long time ago.
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by TrumpDonald2: 4:40pm On Jan 16, 2018
I'm not a hater but am not impressed. I thought he's an art student but was disappointed when I learnt it was engineering. For crying out loud, as an engineer, what's the essence of this?
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by greenprince(m): 4:48pm On Jan 16, 2018
destinyy23:
In as much as I'm yet to make any invention, please let's not celebrate mediocrity. Is this what the country needs to move forward? More or less retrogressive. Let's think/create what solves societal problems not this please.

You may have a point but I tell you more retrogressive is the fact that youths throng beach parties and concerts to shout and profess undying love for drug abusing noise makers who tag themselves musicians. While seats are empty when Poju gathers international heavyweights every year to come speak sense into youths on The Platform. Time and time again we've abused our own, few dust themselves up go elsewhere and achieve their dreams. If this dude did this stuff in my school, the professor will most likely have a good laugh pat him on the back and say "nice boy but you can do a whole lot better". It may not be good enough but build it instead of breaking what's left of it.
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 16, 2018
try make am move bros.....
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by chinonyinye: 5:33pm On Jan 16, 2018
Ajibel:

I don't think so. Are you a Unn student?
I was, I've graduated. that's Jimbaz building, my faculty building
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by sirgalahad26(m): 9:04pm On Jan 16, 2018
if this can take me from egbeda to allen every morning, i'll fall for it!
Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by albacete(m): 6:54am On Jan 17, 2018
bigerboy200:

abeg make we hear word jare...why pay for something as useless as this? a motorcycle that was carried on a wheel barrow..haba haba

Haven't you seen where a car being delivered to its owner is transported in a container? So we can also safely assume that the car is useless.

Do you expect that motorcycle to be ridden to its destination even when it's obvious that there are no real tyres and no engine? This matter weak me.
You just proved my point that Nigerians don't value art.

How useful is the famous Mona Lisa painting? Does it quench your hunger or give you WiFi access when you look at it? If it does none of these things, then the white people that buy these paintings are paying for nonsense.

So because he did not use the palm fronds to make brooms and baskets which everyone is used to, we should write him off?
Why not encourage him by giving him better materials and see what he's capable of?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre by Chidexter(m): 6:48pm On Jan 17, 2018
albacete:

Haven't you seen where a car being delivered to its owner is transported in a container? So we can also safely assume that the car is useless.

Do you expect that motorcycle to be ridden to its destination even when it's obvious that there are no real tyres and no engine? This matter weak me.
You just proved my point that Nigerians don't value art.

How useful is the famous Mona Lisa painting? Does it quench your hunger or give you WiFi access when you look at it? If it does none of these things, then the white people that buy these paintings are paying for nonsense.

So because he did not use the palm fronds to make brooms and baskets which everyone is used to, we should write him off?
Why not encourage him by giving him better materials and see what he's capable of?

Leave dis people of shallow minds make dem dey talk. Nigerians are just too old fashioned for everything

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Admission Offer Vs Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Offer / Mohammed Idiagbon: "Envious Colleagues Set Me Up" - UNILORIN Lecturer Says / Ariyibi Ayomide...Eye Witness Account On Unilag Student Committing Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.